Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I wouldn't send the shameful followup to an anonymous confessions thread here if there was a SAclopedia article about me telling the original story!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I mean I'm sure it's been gone over in this thread but I can't associate SA and wheelchairs with anything but GunChicka and the Post Your Selfie thread.

Beautiful girl in a wheelchair with lots of good tattoos keeps posting in thread, shares increasingly detailed anecdotes about being in a wheelchair, is finally outed as a dude using stolen pics.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Classic gbs humor

I have no idea why I was reading that thread. I click on gbs maybe once a month but I always manage to stumble into a thread where something big goes down.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Jose posted:

could be the goon who crippled his gf drunk driving and asked gbs how to break up with her because she'd changed

That ended up being fake but all the posts about it were gold. If anyone has them can they post them? I'm specifically recalling the ones involving Solid Snake and a quote about an "amalgamation of all the BK kids"

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Big Grunty Secret posted:

That ended up being fake but all the posts about it were gold. If anyone has them can they post them? I'm specifically recalling the ones involving Solid Snake and a quote about an "amalgamation of all the BK kids"

I'm on my phone so I can't find them myself, but if it helps the search, those were both by Triticum Guzzler.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

That second part wasn't in the thread, I'm pretty sure he asked her out, she said yes, and he closed the thread on that note

OK good, I had stopped following it just after he uploaded the little song and thought I heard through the forums that it had spiraled into him bursting into classrooms. Was kinda hoping someone would have a link to it or remember the thread title so I could read through it again.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

sneakyfrog posted:

for anyone that missed the 14" truck saga

:lol:
No matter how dead and gay this forum gets I'll always love it for poo poo like this.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
This will always be my favorite part of the incel thread. And how I will always view them in my mind.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

are they laughing at the shadow because I'm laughing at unironic, non-humorous usage of "qt 3.14"

e: how much you wanna bet that guy has referred to an actual woman IRL as that and then got frustrated when she didn't immediately understand it

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I thought 'that's not a very high rating / 10', so there is hope for me yet :o:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Classic gbs humor

I have no idea why I was reading that thread. I click on gbs maybe once a month but I always manage to stumble into a thread where something big goes down.

that thread is in pyf

gbs had a guy (riotgrrl, iirc) who pretended to be a woman to troll women

he was caught when he posted a pic of "herself" holding a sign with his username. some goon recognized the woman as someone who runs a business where she writes something on signs and takes selfies

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Hogge Wild posted:

that thread is in pyf

gbs had a guy (riotgrrl, iirc) who pretended to be a woman to troll women

he was caught when he posted a pic of "herself" holding a sign with his username. some goon recognized the woman as someone who runs a business where she writes something on signs and takes selfies

the perfect crime

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hogge Wild posted:

that thread is in pyf

Did it move? Maybe I clicked a link to the thread and assumed.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Did it move? Maybe I clicked a link to the thread and assumed.

A lot of the gbs threads were moved to pyf during the brief period gbs was deleted, might have been that.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

My main memory of BroJo is him becoming increasingly unhinged like an Edgar Allen Poe character until he was demodded, because people kept posting "nig nog tryna get a handbeezy" at him in every thread.

Why were people doing that?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Because it annoyed him.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Because it was causing BroJo to become increasingly unhinged like an Edgar Allen Poe character.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Menstrual Show posted:

I mean I'm sure it's been gone over in this thread but I can't associate SA and wheelchairs with anything but GunChicka and the Post Your Selfie thread.

Beautiful girl in a wheelchair with lots of good tattoos keeps posting in thread, shares increasingly detailed anecdotes about being in a wheelchair, is finally outed as a dude using stolen pics.

I parsed the post as being about GunChicka, too, and had a moment where I was like "live romance? how the hell did I miss that?"

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

It was an FYAD meme at the time

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

fool_of_sound posted:

It was an FYAD meme at the time

I really hate it when a bunch of people at once start spamming poo poo that isn't funny and does not make any sense and the only explanation is "it's a meme".

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I really hate it when a bunch of people at once start spamming poo poo that isn't funny and does not make any sense and the only explanation is "it's a meme".

The phrase is actually very funny

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

tane

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

purple death ray posted:

The phrase is actually very funny

It mixes just the right amount of casual racism with just the right amount of scooter.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

There was a reason at first but then it became a ritual. But perhaps the same could be said of all religions

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
brojos bizzare adventure ended when he revealed that he didn't understand why the phrase 'friend of the family tranny human being' might be offensive

he was also like 40 and lived with his parents

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Robot Randy posted:

brojos bizzare adventure ended when he revealed that he didn't understand why the phrase 'friend of the family tranny human being' might be offensive
...i don't think this is very accurate

pretty sure he was mocking what GBS was like at the time. poorly

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Robot Randy posted:

he was also like 40 and lived with his parents

Wasn't he also one of those goons that claimed to be in the military but wasn't at all? Something about a submarine?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

It mixes just the right amount of casual racism with just the right amount of scooter.

Pretty much
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm3TjRxntQk

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Wasn't he also one of those goons that claimed to be in the military but wasn't at all? Something about a submarine?

Yeah, he claimed to be a nautical engineer or something like that. He got doxxed and it turned out he actually lived with his parents as a 'caretaker'.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

purple death ray posted:

Why do I even still go to this website lol this is such a terrible place

everywhere else is somehow even worse

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Reddit banned bash the fash as hate speech but shoot all refugees is okay because it's clearly a joke guys

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Why do you consider a facsimile of a pop-culture icon superior to an original interpretation of a pop-culture icon?

e: Serious question by the way. I wouldn't drive either :shrug:

Oh, they're both dumb, it's just that I can understand why someone would do the former, in the same way people like to build scale models of their favourite cars etc.

In normal cosplay terms, the first one is like creating a highly accurate costume replica of your favourite character for you or someone else to wear to a convention. The latter seems more like dressing your dog as sailor moon and taking it to your school dance.

An interpretation is not inherently bad, but they could have at least stayed somewhat true to the source. For example, use a modern hearse or ambulance.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bill Posters posted:

In normal cosplay terms,

:laffo:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Bill Posters posted:

Oh, they're both dumb, it's just that I can understand why someone would do the former, in the same way people like to build scale models of their favourite cars etc.

In normal cosplay terms, the first one is like creating a highly accurate costume replica of your favourite character for you or someone else to wear to a convention. The latter seems more like dressing your dog as sailor moon and taking it to your school dance.

An interpretation is not inherently bad, but they could have at least stayed somewhat true to the source. For example, use a modern hearse or ambulance.

Did your dog like it?

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Please do not mistake my post for approval towards any of these activities.

Hogge Wild posted:

Did your dog like it?

Yeah, of course, but my dog fuckin loves to dance.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Please refrain from talking about your dog loving.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Let try and keep focus on the truly hosed up thing in this story about the woman being harassed with rape threats; how fail the Ghost Busters cosplay car is.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
BroJo had a meltdown because Bill Cosby got posted repeatedly in the meme thread so he banned it and everyone kept posting pictures

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I've simply had it up to here with this meme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Remember the Ant Problem story? That was a good tale.