Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I can't imagine a bigger outsider than a woman president :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumpo
Mar 21, 2011

Rutibex posted:

abstaining is basically a vote for trump you mycologist racist patriarch

I know you're joking but I've heard that stuck on some of my friends who did the same thing. Really not the best way to pull neutral parties to your side. Watching the entire mainstream media and large chunks of liberal society meltdown for the last half year has been extremely entertaining but I really wanted to watch Hillarys piss fit when she lost on election night. Does the book go into any of that?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
At this rate, if the Democratic party keeps it up, the USA will be a one-party state

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what
im glad hillary lost

firebeats
May 8, 2016

Gammatron 64 posted:

the USA is a one-party state

ftfy

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I know Hillary was corrupt, I still wanted her because I wanted some of the things she'd do (K-12) and am basically numb to the other stuff she'd do (middle east forever war).

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Toadvine posted:

the only thing to do with outsiders and Hillary Clinton I want to see is her recreating the ending of the Shining

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Toadvine posted:

Yeah Wesley Willis was an outsider too and I'd rather have him as president (rip).

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Burn them all he kept saying.....burn them all...

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

the only thing to do with outsiders and Hillary Clinton I want to see is her recreating the ending of the Shining

This is so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xubN6ctNNv8

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

VikingSkull posted:

I can't think of a bigger outsider than someone jumping out of a highrise window :)

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

tbf tennessee democrats are just pro-union republicans that like health care

that being said, sup

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

gary oldmans diary posted:

Chapter 9: Sanders
"Sanders was gonna win so I called my boys at the DNC and they put me in instead. LOL! Whoops!"

Are you saying Bernie... would have won?

Gammatron 64 posted:

At this rate, if the Democratic party keeps it up, the USA will be a one-party failed state

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
wait, wait, this thread needs one thing to be complete

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/853815180031086593

there, now it feels like home

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
Did any celebrities follow through on moving out of the country after Hillary lost?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

"Well, she did have policy decisions, they were all on her website."

Nuts to that bullshit. If a politician isn't dying to tell you about all of the good ideas they have that they can't wait to tell you all about them, the average voter won't give two damns about looking it up on their own.

Websites are for covering the finer details, not a polite way of saying "you look it up, pleb."

Someone in CSPAM had an awesome post about just how much poo poo you had to sift through on her website just to get to a concrete policy position.

This is another thing Sanders had her totally beat on and one of the many reasons I think he would have won against Trump. Every time he spoke he basically went into stump speech mode. It got almost tiresome but you knew exactly why he was running and what his platform was.

America is basically hosed until a viable labor party emerges and that might happen by the time I'm dead of old age if we're lucky.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

What a lovely, compassionate fellow.

Nuclearmonkee posted:

At this rate, if the Democratic party keeps it up, the USA will be a one-party failed state

Yeah.... I look at US politics and what's going on in Europe and I think that we're kinda sorta doomed. No use fighting it.

You know, this stuff have been boiling for decades and we probably could have prevented all of this, but the last couple administrations failed to do any course-correction so here we are. We've kinda crossed the Rubicon.

I get a kick out of the folks who say they're "the resistance" and are pretending they're in a Star Wars movie fighting the Evil Empire. Okay, so rule #1 about being in an actual resistance movement \ rebellion is you don't put it on a bumper sticker on your car or post it on Facebook because that makes you an enemy of the state. Oh yeah, and actual rebels kill people and get killed themselves so I hope you're prepared for that. We got a lot of incredibly deluded people who think they can be "heroic" "freedom fighters" by throwing around hashtags and playing pretend.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Hotter take than most: H.Clinton had no experience as an executive in government and in fact, very little public service experience at all. (A total of 12 years, 1/3rd of which was unelected)

loving the governor/president doesnt count as a public position, and considering Slick Willys affinity for the interns, im not even sure she was still doing that one job. We probably could have had single payer health care in the 90s if she had just sucked his dick on the reg.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blue Raider posted:

tbf tennessee democrats are just pro-union republicans that like health care

It's also why the last dem governor of TN was to the right of his Republican predecessor.

But it's still a fair criticism, and an image I hope to change, at least as far as what I can do in my little holler.

(Sundquist started tenncare, Bredesen slashed the gently caress out of it)

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 19, 2017

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

"Hillary was the most qualified presidential candidate ever." - A person who has never heard of George HW Bush

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Pick posted:

I know Hillary was corrupt, I still wanted her because I wanted some of the things she'd do (K-12)

what, lure them to a seedy pizza restaurant for handkerchief time YOU MAKE ME SICK

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

The Human Crouton posted:

"Hillary was the most qualified presidential candidate ever." - A person who has never heard of George HW Bush

hell Jimmy Carter was more qualified

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

"Hillary was the most qualified presidential candidate ever." - A person who has never heard of George HW Bush opened any history book ever.

FTFY

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I've been on SA since 2007, and the biggest shock of my entire time here was learning that the majority of goons preferred Clinton over Sanders.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Fun fact, to qualify to be president you need to win an election, or inherit the position through the line of succession so Hillary demonstrably was not qualified

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I've been on SA since 2007, and the biggest shock of my entire time here was learning that the majority of goons preferred Clinton over Sanders.

I don't think that's accurate. I think most goons thought he was an extremely long shot so they didn't toxx for him, and the CSPAM mods were unapologetically ruthless to Sanders posters anywhere but their little posting ghetto thread.

LOL to this day the only rule in the Dems thread (which eventually became the suck thread) is that you're not allowed to talk about how Sanders got robbed by the Dems

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 19, 2017

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

It's also why the last dem governor of TN was to the right of his Republican predecessor.

But it's still a fair criticism, and an image I hope to change, at least as far as what I can do in my little holler.

(Sundquist started tenncare, Bredesen slashed the gently caress out of it)

tennessee is weird. two of its four major cities are republican as gently caress but you dont see the republican excesses in this state that you see elsewhere. i mean hell, it has the fastest internet in the country and its government owned. and everybody loves it

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Fun fact, to qualify to be president you need to win an election, or inherit the position through the line of succession so Hillary demonstrably was not qualified

I don't think that's accurate. I think most goons thought he was an extremely long shot so they didn't toxx for him, and the CSPAM mods were unapologetically ruthless to Sanders posters anywhere but their little posting ghetto thread.

There were some really, really, really pathetic hill shills who showed up consistently in every thread.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ill never know why the hell anyone thought this. proximity to power is not the same thing as actually having it

and yea gearge hw was prob the most qualified ever except for maybe nixon

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

canpakes posted:

There were some really, really, really pathetic hill shills who showed up consistently in every thread.

This. If you scream long and hard enough it can seem like a majority but when the numbers come in it's a wet fart.

Don't forget that acting like a child throwing tantrums whenever challenged is sure to make people on the fence join your side, because you're shouting the loudest. That's how it works you see.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I still don't like Sanders, because he didn't have a track record of getting any poo poo done. And 12 years of "hope and change" evaporating into faint scents of horse piss is too long to expect to ever have an engaged electorate again.

Sherrod Brown or bust.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Or Nixon, I'll take Nixon. Please come back Nixon.

I don't have huge problems with George Bush Sr. but boh oh boy do his sons suck rear end.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Blue Raider posted:

ill never know why the hell anyone thought this. proximity to power is not the same thing as actually having it

and yea gearge hw was prob the most qualified ever except for maybe nixon

Eisenhower was another really qualified dude

guy had to deal with De Gaulle, Montgomery and Patton on a regular basis

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nigga crab pollock posted:

oh boy a book written in a desperate attempt to convince the last bastion of hillary supporters to shell out some more $$$

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pick posted:

Or Nixon, I'll take Nixon. Please come back Nixon.

I don't have huge problems with George Bush Sr. but boh oh boy do his sons suck rear end.

You'll take motherfucking NIXON???

LOL that guy was literally an insane murdering war criminal who extorted the Fed to run interest rates hot (damaging to the economy long term, great for like 6-12 months) leading up to his re-election so he could go "see I fixed this poo poo!" Plus the drug war.

Like literally he funded right wing death squads and toppled democratically elected leaders and replaced them with insane dictators like Pinochet.

He was a liar and a criminal.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Remember that time when Hillary killed a goon while he was playing EVE Online?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

Remember that time when Hillary killed a goon while he was playing EVE Online?

No, because a low budget movie did that.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

COMRADES posted:

LOL that guy was literally an insane murdering war criminal who extorted the Fed to run interest rates hot (damaging to the economy long term, great for like 6-12 months) leading up to his re-election so he could go "see I fixed this poo poo!" Plus the drug war.

Like literally he funded right wing death squads and toppled democratically elected leaders and replaced them with insane dictators like Pinochet.

Soooo a pre-cursor to Obama?

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I mean

quote:

http://www.drugpolicy.org/news/2016/03/top-adviser-richard-nixon-admitted-war-drugs-was-policy-tool-go-after-anti-war-proteste

Top Adviser to Richard Nixon Admitted that 'War on Drugs' was Policy Tool to Go After Anti-War Protesters and 'Black People'

“You want to know what this was really all about,” Ehrlichman, who died in 1999, said, referring to Nixon’s declaration of war on drugs. “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying. We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

Like yeah haha Obama but for real Nixon was a horrible human being.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

COMRADES posted:

the bar's been lowered just a titch since his Presidency, that poo poo just makes you a Reagan-grade saint of the party now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

COMRADES posted:

I mean

Like yeah haha Obama but for real Nixon was a horrible human being.

I was referring to the whole toppling of democratically elected officials and throwing nations into chaos.

• Locked thread