Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

BWV posted:

Hey this is Murph calling in on a mobile. Are the Celtics the worst number 1 seed in NBA history? Thanks guys, I'll take my answer off the air.

It's probably the 2003 pistons.

But yes, they are awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
The Celtics are the worst No. 1 seed in NBA history

quote:

Boston's point differential of plus-2.7 and net rating (points per 100 possessions) of plus-3.1 are the worst marks for a No. 1 seed since the 1978-79 Supersonics.

This shouldn't surprise anyone, Boston had a choice at the deadline to trade one or both Nets picks for help, or flame out terribly and build for the future

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

I was sitting close to the Celtics bench on Tuesday. The negativity was palpable. Players were bickering with each other; Thomas and Smart were arguing on the floor and in huddles; Smart flipped off someone in the crowd. Terry Rozier’s locker was recently moved away from Jae Crowder’s. I wasn’t able to confirm why, but it’s an odd adjustment to make so late in the season.

No wonder the well-oiled Chicago Bulls are winning. Team chemistry > x! I love how Rondo gets all the praise for being the true playoff leader Boston is lacking.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

dokmo posted:

I'm pretty sure every team that Robin Lopez has played for has regretted letting him go.

Nah man we replaced his bum rear end with Joakim Noah

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Doltos posted:

Nah man we replaced his bum rear end with Joakim Noah

A passing big man will absolutely flourish in the triangle. Spare no expense.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/aaronfalk/status/852985405280366595

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Jack's Flow posted:

No wonder the well-oiled Chicago Bulls are winning. Team chemistry > x! I love how Rondo gets all the praise for being the true playoff leader Boston is lacking.

Jokes aside Rondo has been legit great this year in the locker room. He's lucky he has a complete push over in a coach, who is willing to be a punching bag for his sideswipes. But He would literally on his off days go down to the D-League and work with like Bobby Portis, and Denzel Valentine and Jerian Grant. He caped for and worked with the young guys motivating them and didn't constantly throw them under the bus like everyone else was willing to do.

Rondo is legit the reason this Bulls turnaround happened and I am shocked as loving hell by it. He's also playing defense for the first time in like 5 years :stare:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Lol what if this is setting up for the Bulls to blow a 3-0 lead

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Carlosologist posted:

Lol what if this is setting up for the Bulls to blow a 3-0 lead

Then I will laugh my rear end off.

Right now as a Bulls fan I'm playing with house money.

The only team I hate more or as much as the Celtics are the Bulls. So worst case I will be able to laugh at something.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I feel like the Bulls have already exceeded expectations, so if they lose a game 7 in the first round it's still a victory.

What I mean is, 100 more years of GarPax

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lockback posted:

I feel like the Bulls have already exceeded expectations, so if they lose a game 7 in the first round it's still a victory.

What I mean is, 100 more years of GarPax

Yep. And they won't be fired anyway so might as well at least have fun when the captain steers the boat into the iceberg. Have a snowball fight or something. Jimmy's probably getting a lifeboat off of the ship. But oh well.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Dexo posted:

Jokes aside Rondo has been legit great this year in the locker room. He's lucky he has a complete push over in a coach, who is willing to be a punching bag for his sideswipes. But He would literally on his off days go down to the D-League and work with like Bobby Portis, and Denzel Valentine and Jerian Grant. He caped for and worked with the young guys motivating them and didn't constantly throw them under the bus like everyone else was willing to do.

Rondo is legit the reason this Bulls turnaround happened and I am shocked as loving hell by it. He's also playing defense for the first time in like 5 years :stare:

After what he did in Dallas and then Sacramento, that is legit amazing. Will we see Rondo's next protege, future superstar Cameron Payne?

hahaha, jk.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Ghost Dog posted:

ezeli was not out for last years finals? he played 60 minutes, was a starter in game 7 and played 10 minutes. he was just really bad. they did not go small ball for the whole series or even for any whole game, unless you count their starting lineup as small i guess

Jesus christ how embarrassing. My memory totally failed me. :eng99:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Mr. Mambold posted:

After what he did in Dallas and then Sacramento, that is legit amazing. Will we see Rondo's next protege, future superstar Cameron Payne?

hahaha, jk.

Lmao gently caress Cameron Payne.

But in Dallas Rondo had nowhere near the freedom he has here. Carlisle is not a coach that is going to be ok with letting Rondo play how he wants to(which probably is the right call for his team and his coaching style)

Hoiberg is a pushover.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dexo posted:

Minnesota paid KG 10m last year to be a player coach, Chicago realized how much it helped and did the same thing. Garpax secret genius

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Paul Zuvella posted:

It's probably the 2003 pistons.

But yes, they are awful.

Suck my dick idiot they were historically great defense

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Dolan, Vivek and the Richard DeVos are calling Iowa State assistant coaches and assistant athletic directors as well speak

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Dejan Bimble posted:

they're no 88 pistons

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

They didn't even lead the league in Defensive Rating what the gently caress are you talking about.

Im assuming you are talking about the 2004 pistons, an actually good team who were the #3 seed, and won a title.

Not the 2003 pistons, who were a garbage team for bad people and were the 1 seed and sucked.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dexo posted:

Right now as a Bulls fan I'm playing with house money.

The only team I hate more or as much as the Celtics are the Bulls. So worst case I will be able to laugh at something.

Your most hated team in the NBA is... your team?

I mean as a Knicks fan I can kind of understand, but drat.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dexo posted:

From almost being kicked off the team on Rondo Bobblehead to this. I wonder if Wade realizes a big factor in them making the playoffs was him going down near the end of the season.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the most unbelievable part of this whole thing is rondo playing defense. what the gently caress?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

the most unbelievable part of this whole thing is rondo playing defense. what the gently caress?

The Rajon Rondo Renaissance

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

It's the playoffs? Lots of old vets turn it up in the play offs

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Dexo posted:

This is it.

With the 3 Alphas

Butler was able to learn from and get better by being around the elder accomplished Alpha in Wade. And Wade allowed Butler to say poo poo without getting laughed at.

Meanwhile Rondo was able to be the Alpha of the younglings. And protect them from the mean alphas and also stand up for them to the mean coach.

Edit: Wade gets a poo poo ton of money out of this btw

How did we not see that this is a simple case of the three alpha problem? We are finally beginning to understand that it is unsolvable.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Shear Modulus posted:

Spite is Rondo's only motivator now

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

off-topic but SAS loves juices, apparently that $700 juicer that Kobe Bryant invested in is only marginally better than just squeezing the proprietary bag out yourself by hand. Try not to go broke in retirement Kobe

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Nooo Kobe I know you wanted to one-up Duncan but you didn't need to hire his old financial advisor.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

WhyteRyce posted:

off-topic but SAS loves juices, apparently that $700 juicer that Kobe Bryant invested in is only marginally better than just squeezing the proprietary bag out yourself by hand. Try not to go broke in retirement Kobe

I'm pretty sure they're gonna make their money on the bag subscriptions and not the juicer itself

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Its weird to read this thread for three pages where it is predominantly talk about Eastern Conference teams.

I mean, its exciting, and anything can happen, but does anyone think this year isn't going to be pretty much Golden State Warriors (50%), San Antonio Spurs (25%) or Cleveland Cavaliers (20%)?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Durant is dead and the Cavs don't have to try for another month.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm pretty sure they're gonna make their money on the bag subscriptions and not the juicer itself

That's not the point though. It's not even a juicer it's just a bag of juice that costs more than whatever already overpriced bottle or carton of juice you can buy at Whole Foods. At this point you're just another juice hawker. Probably should have just launched a "curated" monthly juice box if you want that subscription money.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

glowing-fish posted:

Its weird to read this thread for three pages where it is predominantly talk about Eastern Conference teams.

I mean, its exciting, and anything can happen, but does anyone think this year isn't going to be pretty much Golden State Warriors (50%), San Antonio Spurs (25%) or Cleveland Cavaliers (20%)?

Weird people talking about the interesting or funny things rather than the obvious things happening

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

WhyteRyce posted:

That's not the point though. It's not even a juicer it's just a bag of juice that costs more than whatever already overpriced bottle or carton of juice you can buy at Whole Foods. At this point you're just another juice hawker. Probably should have just launched a "curated" monthly juice box if you want that subscription money.

It's hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i0UugILBJg&t=72s

quote:

But after the product hit the market, some investors were surprised to discover a much cheaper alternative: You can squeeze the Juicero bags with your bare hands.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

glowing-fish posted:

There were periods last year where people had it GSW 50%-SAS 45% and the Thunder almost made it out of the West and the Cavaliers won it all.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

glowing-fish posted:

Houston Rockets (100%)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Congrats to Silicon Valley for accidentally reinventing V8 juice.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

Didn't he want to be the Kobe of venture capitalists? This is just one missed shot of many.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Didn't he want to be the Kobe of venture capitalists? This is just one missed shot of many.

hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Time posted:

Houston Rockets (100%)

To lose first round yeah

• Locked thread