Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay, that Krypton trailer doesn't look at all like the poo poo I expected. And if they put that much effort into costumes and sets I guess it's not going to time/space jump to 50's Smallville in the second half of the pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

Okay, that Krypton trailer doesn't look at all like the poo poo I expected. And if they put that much effort into costumes and sets I guess it's not going to time/space jump to 50's Smallville in the second half of the pilot.

So they won't spend the second half of the season in the caves of smallville?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

So they won't spend the second half of the season in the caves of smallville?

It's what I expected.

LoL, Smallville post is coming soon btw.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

It's what I expected.

LoL, Smallville post is coming soon btw.

Remember when that was an actual plot line in smallville? Just hanging in the caves.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I have a feeling they're gonna blow most of the budget on that pilot.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I didn't see anyone getting hit on the head in a barn, Stride Gum, or HG Wells, so it seems pretty subpar for a Superman show.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Smallville bingo was pretty great.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Skwirl posted:

I've wasted too many hours of my life watching lovely SHIELD episodes that were recommended to me because "No SHIELD's really good now" to ever watch it again, but even ignoring that, it's not iZombie or Legion or the soon to be released American Gods (yes it was a book first, but they made a comic I never read and the book was written by Neil Gaiman, so it counts) so it's very clearly not the best comic book show on tv.

If you couldn't appreciate the mid-season closer with American Psycho Robot Fitz, then I don't know what to say. Even outside of any comic properties that was just really great genre TV.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ToastyPotato posted:

Smallville bingo was pretty great.

Lana Lang is the dumbest character in the history of scripted television.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Rhyno posted:

How can you say that now that Barry Allen exists?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

My man

bunnyofdoom posted:

How can you say that now that Barry Allen exists?

I'll loving fight you.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The main characters of "New Warriors" were announced and given a little description each and also a little blurb about the show

Quote in case you don't like links:

quote:

“Doreen Green (Squirrel Girl)
Superpower: “The powers of a squirrel, the powers of a girl” (is acrobatic, strong, can fight, can talk to squirrels)
Doreen is a totally empowered fangirl. She is a natural leader—confident and tough, but not innocent. Doreen is bouncy and energetic and her greatest quality is her optimism… She has faith in others and inspires people to believe in themselves. She also takes her pet squirrel, Tippy Toe, everywhere.

Craig Hollis (Mister Immortal)
Superpower: Cannot die. Ever. Maybe. So he says.
The team troublemaker and lothario… Craig is kind of like “The Most Interesting Man Alive,” except he’s more cocky than confident and at times, charmingly grumpy. Although Craig’s superpower seems amazing, he hasn’t made use of it at all—he’s lazy and figures if he has all the time in the world to learn how to fight, what’s the rush?

Dwayne Taylor (Night Thrasher)
Superpower: None
Dwayne is a local celebrity “hero” with his very own YouTube channel. Brilliant, strong, noble, and maybe a bit full of himself, Dwayne is a shameless self-promoter and entrepreneur. But he also deeply believes in justice — at least his version of it. Dwayne hides the fact that he comes from a really rich family because he’s afraid he’ll lose his street cred.

Robbie Baldwin (Speedball)
Superpower: Can launch kinetic balls of energy
Robbie grew up watching Quinjets take off from Avengers Tower and loves the idea of being a hero. He’s an impulsive and immature people-pleaser with a misplaced sense of confidence. Although you would think throwing kinetic balls of energy would be awesome and effective – his are completely out of control.

Zack Smith (Microbe)
Superpower: Can talk to germs
Zack is a shy hypochondriac whose ability nearly makes him a telepath — the germs tell him where you’ve been, what you ate and who you hung out with. It’s impossible to keep secrets around him. He’s a big sweet guy the team takes under their wing, and they help him find and grow his own confidence.

Deborah Fields (Debrii)
Superpower: Low level telekinetic; trickster
Deborah is proud, funny and quick witted. Confidently out as a lesbian, Deborah has experienced deep loss in her personal life as a direct result of super “heroics.” She can take care of herself, or at least says she can. She’s the one who calls people on their BS and has no fear of putting her opinions out there.”

I gotta admit I don't really know these last two but I'm not exactly a comics expert.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

At least Night Thrasher is there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Squirrels can't talk to squirrels. Where does Doreen's power really come from?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Samuringa posted:

The main characters of "New Warriors" were announced and given a little description each and also a little blurb about the show

I gotta admit I don't really know these last two but I'm not exactly a comics expert.

So they're going with a lineup heavily inspired by the Zeb Wells/Skottie Young miniseries (Speedball/Night Thrasher/Microbe/Debrii), which doesn't surprise me given that this is a comedy and that's the most overtly comedic incarnation of the team thus far.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

pubic works project posted:

My man

I'll loving fight you.

Bring it. Just run in a straight line at me, and don't dodge any attacks because you are thinking about your childhood friend who you grew up with.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That's a good TV lineup. We knew the big hitters wouldn't be on it, but glad Night Thrasher and Speedball are there.

Hopefully Mr. Immortal means we'll see some cameos from other Great Lakes Avengers.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

bunnyofdoom posted:

Bring it. Just run in a straight line at me, and don't dodge any attacks because you are thinking about your childhood friend who you grew up with.

Lana Lang was so stupid the writers turned her into kryptonite so she couldn't come back.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Aphrodite posted:

Squirrels can't talk to squirrels. Where does Doreen's power really come from?

Squirrels can talk to squirrels. They have several vocalizations to communicate different things, as well as signaling to each other with their tail.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

Barry: "Cisco, I can't beat him!"

Cisco: "Just run faster dude"

Barry: *falls into ravine*

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But Doreen just speaks to them. Not the same thing.

Her powers also allow squirrels to understand her. That is vastly more significant than just communicating with them. If she can use her powers for that, a mere psychic tweak should make any life form higher than squirrels able to communicate with her. That's almost Omega level.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Samuringa posted:

Craig Hollis (Mister Immortal)
Superpower: Cannot die. Ever. Maybe. So he says.
The team troublemaker and lothario… Craig is kind of like “The Most Interesting Man Alive,” except he’s more cocky than confident and at times, charmingly grumpy. Although Craig’s superpower seems amazing, he hasn’t made use of it at all—he’s lazy and figures if he has all the time in the world to learn how to fight, what’s the rush?

So Nathan from Misfits kind of?

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Samuringa posted:

Microbe and Debrii are from the New Warriors before the GenX Warriors.

I'm surprised they didn't go with Rage and Firestar. Get a big dude that acts like a kid and college age "inhuman" girl with leftover Ghost Rider CGI.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Firestar is all X-Men-ey now.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hmmm concerned that there's no mention of skateboards in the Night Thrasher description.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ojjeorago posted:

Lana Lang was so stupid the writers turned her into kryptonite so she couldn't come back.

I was so certain they'd find a away to bring her back.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Ojjeorago posted:

:ssh:I never watched Smallville in the first place

Guy A. Person posted:

Barry: "Cisco, I can't beat him!"

Cisco: "Just run faster dude"

Barry: *falls into ravine*

Barry: I still get punched in the face

Harrison Wells: BaaaaRRY Have you trieeeeeed dodging?

Barry: I don't get it.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Comfortador posted:

So Nathan from Misfits kind of?

Oh, now I'm sad about Misfits getting canceled.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Heathen posted:

I'm surprised they didn't go with Rage and Firestar. Get a big dude that acts like a kid and college age "inhuman" girl with leftover Ghost Rider CGI.

Firestar would probably eat their budget alive, there's no way they could do her properly as a regular.
Maybe if Marvel has the rights ('cause who knows) they could bring her in for guest spots. That'd be sweet.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Rhyno posted:

I was so certain they'd find a away to bring her back.

Wikipedia says that in the stupid continuation comics, Metallo absorbs her kryptonite into his heart for some reason.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Cloak and Dagger trailer
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/854788218117607424

Looks very Netflix-y

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

howe_sam posted:

Cloak and Dagger trailer

Looks very Netflix-y

Oh yeah. Now this I am down for. The Roxxon sign at the end was the capper.

Cloak and Dagger was always one of those properties that I wished was way more successful as I love the premise and the characters quite a bit.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Oh, wow!

I'm so hoping that show succeeds. I loved Cloak and Dagger back in the day.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Looks like both New Warriors and Cloak and Dagger will at least exist in the larger Marvel universe. I don't need Iron Man to show up, but at least be consistant with the worlds. Roxxon being in C&D and Quinjets being mentioned in NW helps that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Cloak and Dagger looks dope as gently caress.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

howe_sam posted:

Cloak and Dagger trailer

Looks very Netflix-y

This looks good.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I'm really surprised at how quality C&D looks. I love them and wish they got more attention so I've had high hopes for the series (which were dashed when it was announced for Freeform) and this is looking really good.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
That Krypton trailer seems to have been taken down at a bunch of places, why would that be? Also, it'll probably suck and I'm getting strong Caprica flashbacks.

Now that Cloak And Dagger trailer seems a bit too teen drama, but it got me interested.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I'll admit it looked surprisingly decent, but did they have to give her a literal light dagger? Seems a bit on the nose, what with Cloak's cloak and all. <grumble-grumble>, get off my lawn, etc. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dagger does throw literal light daggers.