Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

does alien pussy count as breaking your vows of celibacy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a bone to pick posted:

people keep telling me the star wars tv shows are good and every time I try to watch them they're loving horrible.

Mostly trash. Any episode with Anakin is endlesssssss trash. The Ken Obi ones are alright but they pull their punches since they didn't want to go "Too Far" so he doesn't get to gently caress a Queen.

The best and good episode don't have Jedi or the force or are Clone trooper focused. Instead of following the awful unchangeable two, they should have told stories of normal people and the troopers. I mean, how many times are you going to drop Count Dooku escaping once again while screaming those meddling Jedi?

Rebels has the same issues and they just couldn't stay away from having a Jedi on the team or a force sensitive kid for him to train. Again the good episodes don't focus on the team.

So don't watch them ore find the good episode and watch them. You will miss nothing skipping the "Arc" episodes.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

hemale in pain posted:

I'm sure there's an entire galaxy of exotic alien genitalia out there

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Trunko posted:

The prequels should have taken place 100 years in the past and been an entirely new story unrelated to the originals. Maybe put in little tiny hints that let us imagine how the jedis order would eventually mutate into the empire or something.

Same with the new movies... Put them a hundred years on the future. Jedis and the empire and all that really are almost myths. A new story, unrelated to the originals, but with the same unmistakable starwars charm

Hbomberguy has the only defence of the Prequels I have ever considered worthy, which is that it's a story about a civilisation run by sexless weirdos who train with buckets on their head, then their society collapses due to their ineptitude.

Doesn't make the prequels good, but it makes them a lot funnier when put in that light.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Trunko posted:

From the teaser trailer it looks like the next starwars movie is going to be mostly about napping

So it will resonate well with the audiences, hahaha

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Imagine being a Jedi and never touching a boob or sucking a good dick

hmm

hmmmmmm

would it be ok to bang a robot though? Would that work? They're just objects after all

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Zzulu posted:

hmm

hmmmmmm

would it be ok to bang a robot though? Would that work? They're just objects after all

like Catholic priests, the oath of celibacy mostly just means they gently caress each other

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

hemale in pain posted:

They all are from the galaxy far far away. Everyone is an alien.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

FuturePastNow posted:

like Catholic priests, the oath of celibacy mostly just means they gently caress each other

Or younglings, I guess.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

SpacePig posted:

Or younglings, I guess.

I didn't want to say it

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Zzulu posted:

hmm

hmmmmmm

So basically a goon but with telekinesis.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Summon the cumbots, it's time for our mystic jedi Stress Relief Sessions

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I kinda look forward to the newest telltale game because they are so laughably written and the illusion that the player's choice matters is kinda interesting by how they've duped people.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Can I just pretend the prequels do not exist.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Zzulu posted:

Like, maybe Jason Statham hunting dangerous fairies with a shotgun or something?

I wanna see this movie.

Zzulu posted:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/BD-3000_luxury_droid/Legends

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Zzulu posted:

Summon the cumbots, it's time for our mystic jedi Stress Relief Sessions

Just wait until Kit Fisto shows up.

I am ashamed I know that name but it does stick in one's head. He was the tentacle head dude who got owned by palpy when they went to arrest him

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
They should do a Cops style show but with Storm Troopers.

You get a lot of exposure to the universe, you can explore a lot of things that you wouldn't otherwise see and you get to have new characters every time without having to adhere to some overreaching plot.

Or a propaganda​ documentary interviewing a bunch of people kinda like the Starship Troopers interludes.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

KakerMix posted:

They should do a Cops style show but with Storm Troopers.

Boy have I got news for you.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i skip 400 star wars posts to see more star wars posts then skip 200 more star wars posts to find more star wars posts.

Am i some kind of aberrant nerd that loving hates star wars or something?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This is the real reason why Palpatine wanted Anakin to kill all younglings. He was covering up an abuse scandal.

Also, how many Jedi were there? There were only, like, 20 younglings and, I guess, this was the only place where they trained them. So if they had 10 grades of Jedi school with 20 padowans in them, it's only 200 new Jedi every 10 years. So there were probably from ten to twenty thousand of them in the whole galaxy. According to different conspiracy theories, there are more Illuminati on our planet than this. In comparison, there are 410,000 Catholic priests for roughly one billion of Catholics. So is it really that unbelievable that people on different planets didn't know much about the Jedi or weren't even sure they existed?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Boy have I got news for you.

What's the news bub?

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Zzulu posted:

Summon the cumbots

Somebody leaked my new album title

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Paladinus posted:

This is the real reason why Palpatine wanted Anakin to kill all younglings. He was covering up an abuse scandal.

Also, how many Jedi were there? There were only, like, 20 younglings and, I guess, this was the only place where they trained them. So if they had 10 grades of Jedi school with 20 padowans in them, it's only 200 new Jedi every 10 years. So there were probably from ten to twenty thousand of them in the whole galaxy. According to different conspiracy theories, there are more Illuminati on our planet than this. In comparison, there are 410,000 Catholic priests for roughly one billion of Catholics. So is it really that unbelievable that people on different planets didn't know much about the Jedi or weren't even sure they existed?

the answer to your question is that george lucas is a fat loving retard that got lucky with a collaborative process making the original movies which were helped vastly by editing, so when he gets to be Star Wars Dictator 25 years later after getting rich by taking 100% of all the credit for the original trilogy he comes up with terrible retarded ideas that make no sense in "his" established universe which leads to conflicts in logic like this.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lando: Han my friend! Allow me to introduce you to Kit Fisto. Like you or I, he is really into jizz. He can't get enough of it.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Zmej posted:

I kinda look forward to the newest telltale game because they are so laughably written and the illusion that the player's choice matters is kinda interesting by how they've duped people.

Yeah, they are loving terrible. They make tons of money for the same reason bad movies can make tons of money. Idiots like them.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Space Crabs posted:

the answer to your question is that george lucas is a fat loving retard that got lucky with a collaborative process making the original movies which were helped vastly by editing, so when he gets to be Star Wars Dictator 25 years later after getting rich by taking 100% of all the credit for the original trilogy he comes up with terrible retarded ideas that make no sense in "his" established universe which leads to conflicts in logic like this.

Lol. I've googled it, and apparently, there were ~10,000 Jedi before Order 66, and the population of known space in Star Wars is approximately 100 quadrillion sentients according to 'the Essential Atlas guide', whatever that is.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

KakerMix posted:

What's the news bub?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EDiQXhYIKY

This was a really old fan film and at that point the most well produced one. It's pretty funny. The guy who made it went on to write some funny Star Wars comics for Dark Horse. No idea what he's up to now.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbKMEDIEcBQ

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

parallelodad posted:

Lando: Han my friend! Allow me to introduce you to Kit Fisto. Like you or I, he is really into jizz. He can't get enough of it.

Imagining this in the exaggerated voice Billy Dee did in the Lego movie and cracking up

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Paladinus posted:

Lol. I've googled it, and apparently, there were ~10,000 Jedi before Order 66, and the population of known space in Star Wars is approximately 100 quadrillion sentients according to 'the Essential Atlas guide', whatever that is.

They were the bodyguards for the galactic senate. It would be like people forgetting the secret service existed after 10 years.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
ITS A MOVIE FOR CHILDREN STAR WARS SUCKS STAR WARS SU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Yug posted:

ITS A MOVIE FOR CHILDREN STAR WARS SUCKS STAR WARS SU

How beta do you have to be to be afraid of femanisim

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

KakerMix posted:

How beta do you have to be to be afraid of femanisim

What the gently caress are you talking about? What's "femanisim"??

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

its about equal pay for fema employees but with extra letters in it

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

MikeCrotch posted:

Hbomberguy has the only defence of the Prequels I have ever considered worthy, which is that it's a story about a civilisation run by sexless weirdos who train with buckets on their head, then their society collapses due to their ineptitude.

Doesn't make the prequels good, but it makes them a lot funnier when put in that light.

I prefer the Backstroke of the West version of events, where Allah Gold is trying to stop the corrupt Hopeless Situation Warriors of the Presbyterian Church from ruining the galaxy.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

quote:

According to the original Star Wars screenplay, “Jedi” is plural. The singular form is “Jed.”

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

priznat posted:

Just wait until Kit Fisto shows up.

I am ashamed I know that name but it does stick in one's head. He was the tentacle head dude who got owned by palpy when they went to arrest him

Lol at how he had 5 minutes of on-screen time between the prequels, but if you ask a star wars legends nerd they'll tell you fisto's whole back story and how much if a badass he apparently is.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Yug posted:

I thought Mike liked TNG best since he's so in love with Picard.

Picard is the best Captain but DS9 is the epitome of Star Trek.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

100 quadrillion sure is a bunch. It's no wonder all the characters never seem to know anything about recent history and politics. There would be just so much poo poo going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

JB50 posted:

They were the bodyguards for the galactic senate. It would be like people forgetting the secret service existed after 10 years.

Except what is this senate? Maybe it used to be like EU parliament or UN, so most people just didn't care what was going on there, until the whole Empire thing. The senate was also just several thousand people, mind.

E: Another Nerd Crew/real-life shills montage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2Jn0ZihMgw

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 19, 2017

• Locked thread