Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I've been trying to get into this game and I've been gradually getting used to its foibles, except for the awful instability--it is really hard to build any enthusiasm to play when it crashes so often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

ShadowHawk posted:

I got to 6/3/3/3 consumables from basic packs.

Can my max consumables go up further? Are the +max consumable drops rare or ultra-rare?

Well, I know they can at least get to 5/5/5/5--it's what I have.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

BenRGamer posted:

Well, I know they can at least get to 5/5/5/5--it's what I have.
Actually I'm at 5/3/3/3 not 6/3/3/3. So yeah maybe the non-cobra 4/5 level upgrades are rares.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Dilb posted:

The huntress is obviously better than the salarian architect, and it's not like the krogan mercenary is that good (rip flamer), or the havoc trooper is that unique. Admittedly the huntress's main niche is that her other powers are so mediocre you can focus on sniping, using throw and lance just to detonate combos every once in a while.

Krogan Merc is pretty amazing if you forget about doing damage and focus on debuffing everything with flamer and constantly stunning the poo poo out of everything.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

ShadowHawk posted:

Actually I'm at 5/3/3/3 not 6/3/3/3. So yeah maybe the non-cobra 4/5 level upgrades are rares.

I got to 5/5/4/4 maxing basic boxes. They just don't come up often.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

The game about killing stuff is pretty fun if you stop trying to kill stuff and just make them flinch occasionally.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Nothing quite like redoing an APEX mission repeatedly because it keeps crashing. To say nothing of the pubs that bring assault rifles to a shotgun duel and somehow manage to frequently get downed on the first wave of a silver match.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Hrm, seems adept/biotic classes double dip on points.

Basically they get the kill points (based on how much health was taken by the player's weapon in order to kill), and assist amount from however much damage the biotic power did.

Fat fingered score keeping, I tell ya.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Bootcha posted:

Hrm, seems adept/biotic classes double dip on points.

Basically they get the kill points (based on how much health was taken by the player's weapon in order to kill), and assist amount from however much damage the biotic power did.

Fat fingered score keeping, I tell ya.

Spoooooky space wizards

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

I've been trying to get into this game and I've been gradually getting used to its foibles, except for the awful instability--it is really hard to build any enthusiasm to play when it crashes so often.
At the moment I'm not even bothering to do more than snag funds on the Apex app, and logging into MP to check the new equipment when it refreshes for the same reason. I'll be playing the poo poo out of it when it's fixed though.

Hell, they don't even need to fix the crashes, just make it track progress by wave so you aren't completely hosed when it does. :argh: Maybe they should go and ask :dice: tips on how to stop Frostbite loving up.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
I've found the Indra sniper rifle to be fun to use. The recoil on it is a bit weird but using it short range or even from the hip seems to be pretty decent and has a pretty unique effect when it does damage

This evidence is from a few bronze games with a Turian Soldier, who by the way has the worst voice ever.

E: just had a level 20 strike team fail a bronze mission :ughh:

Houdini fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Apr 19, 2017

i do NOT like BBQ
Jun 2, 2008

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

I've stopped playing because of the instability. When you crash twice in a row trying to do the daily it erodes the soul. Hopefully the next patch will address that, and the crazy rear end mattock damage. Nerf that poo poo.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

limited posted:

At the moment I'm not even bothering to do more than snag funds on the Apex app, and logging into MP to check the new equipment when it refreshes for the same reason. I'll be playing the poo poo out of it when it's fixed though.

After I posted that I tried to get in a little time playing. Not exaggerating, I was 1 for 6 before I gave up. One completed round, three CTD (once during extraction!), twice booted to main menu during connection attempt. I've no problem with single player, or with any other game I play, just Andromeda MP.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
As for being booted to menu during connection, I've noticed at least one thing that dramatically increases likelihood. That is if you don't wait for it to load in all the other player models in the lobby before entering a game in progress.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

After I posted that I tried to get in a little time playing. Not exaggerating, I was 1 for 6 before I gave up. One completed round, three CTD (once during extraction!), twice booted to main menu during connection attempt. I've no problem with single player, or with any other game I play, just Andromeda MP.
Ditto, I used to be a best of three crashes, then realized what the gently caress I was doing and shelved the game's MP for now.

Instead I'm quite enjoying the hilariously bad SP script instead. Love the vague speech prompts, a attempt to tell Gil he was doing a good job somehow became, 'Hey, wanna gently caress? :quagmire:' despite it not being a romance option.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

limited posted:

Ditto, I used to be a best of three crashes, then realized what the gently caress I was doing and shelved the game's MP for now.

Instead I'm quite enjoying the hilariously bad SP script instead. Love the vague speech prompts, a attempt to tell Gil he was doing a good job somehow became, 'Hey, wanna gently caress? :quagmire:' despite it not being a romance option.

Always pick the gently caress Gil option

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

i do NOT like BBQ posted:

crazy rear end mattock damage. Nerf that poo poo.

Wait, what?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

neonbregna posted:

Always pick the gently caress Gil option
I've written a stern email demanding to know why there isn't a achievement for boning everyone. :colbert:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Frush posted:

Wait, what?
Yeah I don't feel like anything in the MP needs nerfing. Buff it all!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

limited posted:

I'm enjoying what I can of the singleplayer since I've gotten bored of the 5 competent guns in multiplayer, but yeah it is hard to ignore how bad the script is. Sarah manages to express every single thing she says in the dweebiest, lamest way possible while coming across as a socially awkward dork in all the worst ways. The protagonist the series deserves after mass effect 3's ending. The Charlie Brown of the sci-fi genre.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I kinda like the SP. Haven't tried Sara yet, but Scott's voice actor seems reasonable. Maybe I'm pretty forgiving about stuff. I just finished up Voeld, and my only major issue with the game so far has been ambiguous directions given for some missions. Playing a vanguard and just having fun doing the typical vanguard charge->shoot->melee->nova->pull->charge->shoot->melee->repeat thing.

I also haven't had any crashes in MP yet, and the lag's been pretty reasonable so long as I either try to host or try to guess if the host is located in North America. If I see names that suggest European or Asian hosts I tend to bug out, cause that was always the sign in ME3MP that things were gonna suck lagwise.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
They need to fix the voices or just make them stop. It's almost impossible to figure out who is referring to who and characters shouldn't keep talking after they die.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Salarian Infiltrator's hilariously whiny. "my shields!"

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

RBA Starblade posted:

I think it's the male HuEng that says "nailed it!" after every round in the most :gay: way. Like an In Living Color's Men on Film sketch.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

BIG MACHINE

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
God I miss Vorcha.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RBA Starblade posted:

That's exactly who I was thinking of. He also talks to himself because he says "Stop playing the hero, get down!" when he is out of cover.

And Krogan Engineer sounding like Napoleon Dynamite was definitely cool and good and not annoying at all "AWESOME JOB!" "OH COOL THEY GOTTA HYDRA!!!!!"

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Pretty sure the characters are talking to themselves most of the time (so, actually talking to you, the player). Too much of the dialogue doesn't make any sense otherwise.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

precision posted:

That's exactly who I was thinking of. He also talks to himself because he says "Stop playing the hero, get down!" when he is out of cover.

And Krogan Engineer sounding like Napoleon Dynamite was definitely cool and good and not annoying at all "AWESOME JOB!" "OH COOL THEY GOTTA HYDRA!!!!!"

The best part of the whole "get down quote" is when he says it while youre cloaking. Or shields down while yoy steal shields.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The one asari character yells "WATCH YOUR BUTT!" all the time

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm glad that the female vanguard sounds exactly how she did in ME3 at least. Just less screaming, sadly.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Salarian infiltrator

http://i.imgur.com/9HvkdKX.gifv

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm glad that the female vanguard sounds exactly how she did in ME3 at least. Just less screaming, sadly.

I feel like she's more screamy, if you do the melee route.

Also the Femgineer says "Cover what you got".

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Angaran Avenger keeps whining about being out of ammo when I haven't fired a single shot all match.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

precision posted:

Oh god I've been trying to match that voice and that's it

i do NOT like BBQ
Jun 2, 2008

Frush posted:

Wait, what?

I was being sarcastic. The mattock was underwhelming at launch, and then received a significant nerf for no apparent reason other than lol developers.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
NOT BAD FOR A BUNCH OF ALIENS!

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

No surprise, but no update this week.

https://twitter.com/ehlien/status/854801346867990528

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Earlier someone said Female HuEng says "pew pew" when she deploys a Turret and that doesn't happen in my game :(

Related, I got really high and decided to try a HuEng specced with max Assault Turret (with the Cryo/priming evo) and max Overload (because Incinerate doesn't detonate) and boy let me tell you Assault Turret on Gold is less than useless, holy poo poo.

I'm totally okay with some guns being awful on Gold but making powers that are awful on Gold is kind of a dick move. With so few classes (and with 6 of them gated behind getting Ultra Rare drops) every power should at least be marginally useful on every difficulty. I've played Gold with SalArch and Remnant VI actually seems remotely decent, at least in comparison.

Bring back Combat Drone, at least it shot missiles eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

How bad is the Venom shotgun? :stare:

• Locked thread