Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I think the HK office is in full face save meltdown mode. The call was uglier than the last. I think it dawned in them that their team is losing a lot of autonomy which is a huge loss of face, apparently.

Eustace was ... Super unprofessional on the call. I expected some sort of weird officey knife I'm the back but she got [I]shrill[I] and her nice HK accent that sounds super British turned into like.. a caricature, her English deteriorated as she kept going.

Lol just lol at my life now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Glenn Quebec posted:

I think the HK office is in full face save meltdown mode. The call was uglier than the last. I think it dawned in them that their team is losing a lot of autonomy which is a huge loss of face, apparently.

Eustace was ... Super unprofessional on the call. I expected some sort of weird officey knife I'm the back but she got [I]shrill[I] and her nice HK accent that sounds super British turned into like.. a caricature, her English deteriorated as she kept going.

Lol just lol at my life now.

Dude, you can't go over there with no superpowers to fire the living hell out of those shits. Get a carte blanche to weed out the person responsible for this. Nobody expects the spanish inquisition.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I gotta agree with JaucheCharly here. Was the call recorded? Did it happen with your manager? Is there any way to get that team removed and rebuilt? I honestly have no idea how any information from HK is ever going to be accepted again.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

nickmeister posted:

I wonder why "take a rest" is so much more popular than "take a break" or "relax for a bit." They're both easy and sound much better. I suppose "take a rest" translates more directly to Chinese and Korean?

xiūxiyīxià just rolls off the tongue

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Haier posted:

TINY DANCER

The one woman you post about who doesn't sound like a complete loving weirdo and you can't get it up. She's also old enough that she won't be begging you for marriage or stealing your used condoms or whatever, and you decide you don't wanna bang her again.

Also, you could've gone down on the poor woman if she didn't finish, I'm starting to think you're not much of a gentleman at all. :colbert:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Oh, this happened with my manager on the line which makes it all the more sweet and insane for me. We were bug eyed at each other since we took the call on his polycom.

I knew that something like this was going to happen because she doesn't even need to work, her dad is someone senior in the company albeit in a different division as to "prevent nepotism."

All I could think about was the video of the HK girl berating her boyfriend and he's like gently caress you rich HK girl. The ball is firmly out of my court which is sweet.

Oh, and if I trusted any goon whatsoever I would recommend them for a position but I'm terrified of doxxing and general goon weirdness, so, sorry goon who keeps wondering about a job.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Glenn Quebec posted:

I knew that something like this was going to happen because she doesn't even need to work, her dad is someone senior in the company albeit in a different division as to "prevent nepotism."

I don't feel that this is a good development in the story.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Glenn Quebec posted:

:lol: just :lol:

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
Glenn I am just amazed that you successfully avoided getting torpedoed by chabuduo AND came out looking reasonable in front of your manager. Of course, if this girl is really well connected, I just hope they don't decide to sack you and your manager to avoid having to fix HK :ohdear:

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Haier posted:

TINY DANCER

I sort of read these stories like Bukowsky, but instead of reliably being hungover or drunk, you're a fit weirdo who is constantly counting calories, thinking about the proper amount of protein in each meal and planning walks ahead of time.

This would definitely work for a main character in a book.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Wouldn't it be easier to simply have a real HK office, and then a fake one that exists only to give the relatives of well connected execs something to do without causing any damage?

I assume that this happens a lot. It's possible you got the branches mixed up by mistake.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

JaucheCharly posted:

I sort of read these stories like Bukowsky, but instead of reliably being hungover or drunk, you're a fit weirdo who is constantly counting calories, thinking about the proper amount of protein in each meal and planning walks ahead of time.

I think of it more like he's Patrick Bateman from American Psycho, but it has been given Farrelly brother's treatment.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
LOL at anyone doing business with China, but an especially ridiculous LOL at me for having to support IT for China

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Haier posted:

TINY DANCER

This is the saddest poo poo I'm going to read all year, and I'm halfway through Angela's Ashes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ElGroucho posted:

This is the saddest poo poo I'm going to read all year, and I'm halfway through Angela's Ashes.

Since Angelas Ashes is a bunch of half truths I think this is sadder

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
These last few pages have been an incredible roller coaster of emotions. And I am 100% glad I don't have to deal with that poo poo again (the business stuff, not Haier's poop'n'impotence adventures).

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Bardeh posted:

The one woman you post about who doesn't sound like a complete loving weirdo and you can't get it up. She's also old enough that she won't be begging you for marriage or stealing your used condoms or whatever, and you decide you don't wanna bang her again.

Also, you could've gone down on the poor woman if she didn't finish, I'm starting to think you're not much of a gentleman at all. :colbert:

Lol

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Ceciltron posted:

Glenn I am just amazed that you successfully avoided getting torpedoed by chabuduo AND came out looking reasonable in front of your manager. Of course, if this girl is really well connected, I just hope they don't decide to sack you and your manager to avoid having to fix HK :ohdear:

While I feel like I stymied the onslaught of the initial fuckup, I think I really need to be on my A game and like posters have already said --- obsessively document things. My daily to-do is already nearly two pages of things that I Must Get Done otherwise my week will suck dicks.

I'm not too worried about her VP or MD daddy in HK though. I work out of the head office in NYC and anything else is subordinate, or I should say -- doesn't have any jurisdiction. The really funny part of all this is that I'm doing this as a favor and a side project. This isn't my "real" work. I'm just a good coordinator and communicator so it seemed like a right fit.

Come review and bonus talk, I'll have some ammunition unless I'm wildly incorrect and HK Daddy is like head honcho or something and I get a good, proper assfucking/firing.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Haier posted:

TINY DANCER

Also obligatory "WAW WHAT A HOT BHABHI"

Glenn Quebec posted:

Come review and bonus talk, I'll have some ammunition unless I'm wildly incorrect and HK Daddy is like head honcho or something and I get a good, proper assfucking/firing.

:rip:

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Bardeh posted:

LOL. I know. I did go down, but she's a screamer and that is like kryptonite to me, especially when people are hanging around in the hallways and eating lunch since it was noon. I don't care if she screams a lot at her house, but as the only foreigner in this side of the building, I do care since I have to be here and make eye contact with people in the halls every day.

The girl I always post about, Chaoshan Girl, is my best friend here now, and whenever we get together for sex she is the best sport and most regular, and she can hold a decent conversation before and afterwards. She isn't a fancy dancer, but she's sweet and is worth the time. That's why I don't really care about these others. If I didn't have her, I would try harder. She's the closest I will come to getting a girlfriend here this time, and she will probably come hang out with me in India later.

JaucheCharly posted:

I have turned down many a liaison for a walk. Walking is life, even though I am getting "Runner's Knee" constantly due to over-use. When I am in India I am going to be in the gym all the time and all those zero girls that will never talk to me will totally be not looking at me. Can't wait.

Ceciltron posted:

Come on, China is Murphy's Law personified.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Haier, I can get you a great deal on some Power Khan.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Haier, I can get you a great deal on some Power Khan.
Leaded or unleaded?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Haier posted:

LOL. I know. I did go down, but she's a screamer and that is like kryptonite to me, especially when people are hanging around in the hallways and eating lunch since it was noon. I don't care if she screams a lot at her house, but as the only foreigner in this side of the building, I do care since I have to be here and make eye contact with people in the halls every day.

The girl I always post about, Chaoshan Girl, is my best friend here now, and whenever we get together for sex she is the best sport and most regular, and she can hold a decent conversation before and afterwards. She isn't a fancy dancer, but she's sweet and is worth the time. That's why I don't really care about these others. If I didn't have her, I would try harder. She's the closest I will come to getting a girlfriend here this time, and she will probably come hang out with me in India later.

I have turned down many a liaison for a walk. Walking is life, even though I am getting "Runner's Knee" constantly due to over-use. When I am in India I am going to be in the gym all the time and all those zero girls that will never talk to me will totally be not looking at me. Can't wait.

Come on, China is Murphy's Law personified.

This is the rare situation where I have less shame than Haier

I would want her screaming "Holy poo poo, El Groucho is gobblin' on this pussy like some sort of goddamn badger" and then smile like an idiot at my neighbors

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Me Chinese, me play
Office e-mail romance joke
Get you fired, Glenn

Old lady handle
I blame you and you and you
Ha ha Eustace wins

How deep is my cave?
Hair from hole to hole and more
Glenn, have a rest here

GBS advice
The most sought after of all
"L-MAO you're hosed"

Lemme get this straight
She wants you, but you won't gently caress?
Just do it, Quebec

Still not as bad as
That goon that wrote that chick's
Final thesis, heh

What's ur Patreon?
When her dad fires you soon
Revenge impregnate

EDIT:

You called out their bluff
Tantrums and hurt feelings
Enemy for life

Haier fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 19, 2017

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

That's a masterpiece. Write that on my grave.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I'm really enjoying the series of progressive victories that in the end will amount to losing the war in spectacular fashion.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
haier can I point out that some of your health stuff is almost as bad as TCM? maybe you have crohn's disease or IBS?

"I ate soy on an empty stomach, so it logically follows that I poo poo diarrhea so hard that it covered my shins and pants and I had to take a shower instead of wiping," that is like TCM-level "因为。。。所以“ fallacy

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Maybe you need to drink some ginger coca cola because you are having too much sex, Haier.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

angel opportunity posted:

haier can I point out that some of your health stuff is almost as bad as TCM? maybe you have crohn's disease or IBS?

"I ate soy on an empty stomach, so it logically follows that I poo poo diarrhea so hard that it covered my shins and pants and I had to take a shower instead of wiping," that is like TCM-level "因为。。。所以“ fallacy

I do find haiers stomach bloat from eating any morsels disconcerting too.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

Jeoh posted:

Maybe you need to drink some ginger coca cola because you are having too much sex, Haier.

ginger cola owns, drink it always

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Haier posted:

Leaded or unleaded?

It's for putting lead in your pencil! Only the finest lead, rhino horn and polonium. Just for you, my friend.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Ceciltron posted:

ginger cola owns, drink it always

dude that's an actual official coca cola flavour in chinar now, you can have a try

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

Jeoh posted:

dude that's an actual official coca cola flavour in chinar now, you can have a try

yeah they ran it here a while ago too, i find it is the very interest.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Glenn Quebec posted:

That's a masterpiece. Write that on my grave.

If you're ever on the phone with them by yourself make sure you record it.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Ceciltron posted:

yeah they ran it here a while ago too, i find it is the very interest.

boiling coke is the weirdest china thing

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
https://twitter.com/pdchina/status/854809273641074689

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Glenn you have legit hurt the feelings of the chinese people, I really think they are expecting you to apologize and for everything to go back to the way it was.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

i truthfully have no idea how the hell this is supposed to curb jaywalking but ok

NINJA EDIT: Ok so I saw the article and it locks on red but what's to stop people from just jumping over the railings and doing it anyway?

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

Jeoh posted:

boiling coke is the weirdest china thing

i like when they reduce it to make a sauce for chicken wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

why is it always wuhan with this kinda weird poo poo

• Locked thread