Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I actually knew and rolled with a few level 4 combatives dudes. One was my old first sergeant and the other was my old NCOIC. Both could do a lot of stuff to make you scream in new and inventive ways.

Seriously. Some stuff is brutal too, especially when one gets buddy buddy with a METT team and they teach you how to tie someone to a pole using just their legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Soulex posted:

Seriously. Some stuff is brutal too, especially when one gets buddy buddy with a METT team and they teach you how to tie someone to a pole using just their legs.

That's the one where you cross their legs around the pole and have them sit, right? Looks painful as hell.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
http://fortcampbellcourier.com/news/article_68390840-a800-11e4-9dae-57aa3e08ac7b.html

I was this dude's first team leader. Or maybe second. They were shuffling the squads around at this time.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

That's the one where you cross their legs around the pole and have them sit, right? Looks painful as hell.

Kind of. Lay them on their back and make their legs into a pretzel and dislocate whatever (knee) is giving you trouble.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

DoktorLoken posted:

AFAIK he never left the Army but went ARNG while he was doing the MMA thing.

The narrative in facebook memays is that he quit the army completely because Obama hates America, and now joined because he loves Trump so much.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

If I remember correctly the active army specifically released him so he could pursue MMA.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Imagine enlisting and your enlistment bonus is just TRUMP written on a novelty check.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vahakyla posted:

The narrative in facebook memays is that he quit the army completely because Obama hates America, and now joined because he loves Trump so much.

What a pussy

Muh safe space!

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Does that mean he rolls back in as an E4 and has to go through selection again?

Because holy poo poo.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
There are a couple SFGs in the Guard, so he could've kept himself current.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

speaking of mma fighters, tim kennedy, the 37 year old former sf who has been a mid tier ufc fighter for last half decade, just reenlisted

Hitler's not gonna hunt himself.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

not caring here posted:

Does that mean he rolls back in as an E4 and has to go through selection again?

Because holy poo poo.

19th and 20th Group are ARNG

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Huh, did not know that.

I assume that they deploy so much they might as well be active.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Pesticide20 posted:

What a pussy

Muh safe space!

:ironicat:

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

speaking of mma fighters, tim kennedy, the 37 year old former sf who has been a mid tier ufc fighter for last half decade, just reenlisted

I knew Tim Kennedy when he was on active duty and he's a huge piece of poo poo

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i mean he was active duty military so...

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Nice! posted:

Pretty sure that he had full and open endorsement from up high. Not sure if they were ever an official sponsor, though.

He whined and cried publicly that the Army wouldn't let him be an active member of a CIF team and a full-time UFC fighter at the same time. they were talking about reassigning him to SWC or headquarters so he could fight and represent the army and he went to the media throwing a tantrum because he's such a special little princess he should be allowed to do one of the most demanding jobs in the Army, where you're basically constantly deployed or training, and the Army should bend over backwards to accommodate his need to be a superstar. quiet professional my rear end.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I loving hate Tim Kennedy and he absolutely personifies a certain kind of attitude which was poisoning SF when I was in and has thoroughly poisoned the SEALs already. All this facebook moto tacticool operator veteran poo poo is ruining the SOF community and Tim Kennedy was front and center when it started to happen at Bragg sucking all the RangerUp cock he could find

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Vahakyla posted:

There are a couple SFGs in the Guard, so he could've kept himself current.

He was in the NG. He got off active duty after throwing his massive temper tantrum and airing poo poo that should have been private all over the place. The Army will absolutely let someone be active duty and fight full time, like Colton Smith. But he at least had the decency to understand he couldn't be in an infantry platoon and in the UFC at the same time, whereas Tim "Quiet Professional" Kennedy decided that crying to the right-wing hate machine was the right thing to do when the Army told him he can't be on a CIF ODA and in the UFC at the same time.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
gently caress Tim Kennedy. i'm out.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
whats CIF in this context because man i'm just imagining some mma guy throwing back not fully dry canteens at me

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

whats CIF in this context because man i'm just imagining some mma guy throwing back not fully dry canteens at me

lol

"Each Special Forces Group (SFG) includes one CIF (Commander's In-Extremis Force) Company."

From here http://www.americanspecialops.com/photos/special-forces/cif-company.php

http://www.americanspecialops.com/special-forces/cif/

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
ok thank you for googling for me :kiddo:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
got you boo

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I just realized something. A whole bunch of my unit, including Mustang, will be at YTC next weekend if/when the government shuts down because they don't pass a budget. :lol: Welcome to hell if that happens.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bad news guys. We don't have enough money to drive home. Hit the highway and remember: gas, grass, or rear end.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

A Bad Poster posted:

I just realized something. A whole bunch of my unit, including Mustang, will be at YTC next weekend if/when the government shuts down because they don't pass a budget. :lol: Welcome to hell if that happens.

Hey! Sounds like my first two weeks at NTC. 1 MRE a day, 1 wagbag. Try the port a John if you are brave.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Trump has removed the sunset clause from the Veteran's Choice Act. This is very good.

Like, it's terrific. Now, if the VA can't see you/take care of you quickly, you get to go to a place that can. It also gets used if the VA place is too far away (you get a place closer to you).

I personally am in the choice program and get rehab at one of the best facilities in my state (sports stars go there for rehab). All on uncle sam's nickel.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

A Bad Poster posted:

Unrelated, but gently caress this post. Some stupid poo poo going down today

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Welcome home, brother.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I'm sure A Bad Poster is also involved in today's stupidity

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Mbison yessssssssss

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

tell us about it man i'm at half mast

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Does it have something to do with the convoy that's been staged across the street for the past 6 hours?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
mmm gimme summdat grunt poo poo

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

No it's that JBLM exercise message that popped up on everyone's computers this morning and everyone was like "not my problem" and clicked accept

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Haven't heard anything specifically about that, but people around the office have been complaining about their computers an unusually large amount today.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Mustang please don't kill yourself.

I'm 90% serious with that. The other 10% is laughing pretty hard at you.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mustang posted:

No it's that JBLM exercise message that popped up on everyone's computers this morning and everyone was like "not my problem" and clicked accept

:confused::fh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mustang posted:

Sounds like it isn't their problem if it's causing trouble for you. Welcome To Army!