Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
I got a new product to pitch

I call it the MR Edible

It'll be the Keurig of MRE's

Paypal me the money guys, i'm ready lets do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Migishu posted:

So, other than the fact that you have to buy a $400 machine before you can get the packets, what's stopping you from just cutting the tip of the pouch to get faster flow of juice coming out of the pack?

Like, who thought this was a good idea?
Who loving invested in this poo poo?
What were they thinking?

I'm so confused, mad, have so many questions, uaihaoidjgp
a dfa jdofaj
dp fa
d fja
opdfapk d
fad[fa
dpfap dfaoijdn 'fai
df aid f
a ei r90 2w34r
aike0raeut

you still need to squeeze the pack or else it'll come out in lumps

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
BUT I LIKE THE LUMPS

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

hifi posted:

i dont know if its american only but we've got this deep seated fear of throwing away food. like half a cabbage is what, 50 cents but it feels worse throwing away than getting a flat of those tiny water bottles

more cities need a composting program

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Silver Alicorn posted:

more cities need a composting program

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
the last time I paid $400 to have my sack squeezed I definitely wasn't going to drink that juice

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

fishmech posted:

you still need to squeeze the pack or else it'll come out in lumps

so basically like old-timey margarine bags where you'd have to break a dye packet and massage it through the stuff because it was illegal to sell yellow margarine

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Trig Discipline posted:

the last time I paid $400 to have my sack squeezed I definitely wasn't going to drink that juice

quick, somebody kickstart "scrotero"

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Migishu posted:

I got a new product to pitch

I call it the MR Edible

It'll be the Keurig of MRE's

Paypal me the money guys, i'm ready lets do this

All MRE's will be replaced with nutrient paste my friend.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

duTrieux. posted:

so basically like old-timey margarine bags where you'd have to break a dye packet and massage it through the stuff because it was illegal to sell yellow margarine

what

where can you get that

I want binary margarine

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

duTrieux. posted:

eh its more that the gimmick with "cold pressed" is that you chop the fruit and veg up really small first, then squeeze it. their juice packs are the bits all pre-chopped so you get the Real Cold Pressed Benefits (which is fuckin nothing)

oh and since part of the point of "cold pressed" is that none of the fruit or veg was cooked or pasteurized or whatever in any way before being pressed for juice, the packets are going to be dangerously likely to have rotten/fermented contents if you don't use them shortly after you get them. so disruptive!!!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

duTrieux. posted:

wut

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dairy industry.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

http://theplate.nationalgeographic.com/2014/08/13/the-butter-wars-when-margarine-was-pink/

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

fishmech posted:

eh its more that the gimmick with "cold pressed" is that you chop the fruit and veg up really small first, then squeeze it. their juice packs are the bits all pre-chopped so you get the Real Cold Pressed Benefits (which is fuckin nothing)

Mom's Giant Juicer that i have also does everything cold. it's got two huge interlocking screw augers inside that just crush the poo poo out of whatever you put inside

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
if you put a buttercup under your chin it turns pink if u like margarine

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

fishmech are you that old?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

what

where can you get that

I want binary margarine

the history of margarine is goddamn crazy. poo poo went all the way up to the supreme court

here's a podcast on it that also touches on interstate margarine smuggling rings

http://www.missedinhistory.com/podcasts/butter-v-margarine.htm

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

dehumanize yourself and face to margarine

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

it's insane in so many ways. Why would you not want butter?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

JawnV6 posted:

if you put a buttercup under your chin it turns pink if u like margarine

hold a séance under your chin to find out if u like ghosts

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Boiled Water posted:

it's insane in so many ways. Why would you not want butter?

in short, cost and shelf-stability

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

duTrieux. posted:

in short, cost and shelf-stability

by the time margarine became very popular in the American suburbs freezers were commonplace and butter freezes fine

cost i guess is true but I haven't had margarine in my fridge in eons

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

minivanmegafun posted:

by the time margarine became very popular in the American suburbs freezers were commonplace and butter freezes fine

cost i guess is true but I haven't had margarine in my fridge in eons

i exclusively buy margarine because i very rarely use butter/margarine for anything and it's so much cheaper

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

butter doesnt spread

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

mr chi city talking about i cant believe its not butter in the spray container

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

duTrieux. posted:

the history of margarine is goddamn crazy. poo poo went all the way up to the supreme court

here's a podcast on it that also touches on interstate margarine smuggling rings

http://www.missedinhistory.com/podcasts/butter-v-margarine.htm

this is fascinating thank you

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

hifi posted:

butter doesnt spread

warm it up, really it's p safe to leave out when it's less than 70°F ambient

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

hifi posted:

butter doesnt spread

look at this goddamn heathen who keeps his butter icey cold like his beer

keep your butter on the counter like a european

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

equally problematic:
- customers find a way to use inkjet cartridges without buying an inkjet printer
- customers learn to shave with razor blades without buying the razor handle

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

quote:

Kippy Williams, owner of Kippy’s Organic Non-Dairy Ice Cream Shop in Los Angeles and Toyko, said she purchased her Juicero late last year for $1,200. (Juicero charges businesses a premium, she said.) Williams, a self-proclaimed health-food evangelist, said she’d like to see the company sell packs by themselves to people who can’t afford the device. “It would be great if they offered people the opportunity to buy the packs and press them by hand,” she said. “I want juice for every man, woman and child.”

I guess it makes sense that the target demographic of this device are people who don't know that you can buy bottles of juice, or even just buy the fruit and juice it with techniques that humans have known for centuries

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

BattleMaster posted:

I guess it makes sense that the target demographic of this device are people who don't know that you can buy bottles of juice, or even just buy the fruit and juice it with techniques that humans have known for centuries

well duh, anyone can do it by hand - just go the juice stand and pull out your wallet

this saves you that step!!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
if I went to a fresh organic juice store and they gave me the keurig equivalent of juice I'd walk right the gently caress out

like this is something that smoothie places can do wtf

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

equally problematic:
- customers find a way to use inkjet cartridges without buying an inkjet printer
- customers learn to shave with razor blades without buying the razor handle

nah this is a huge problem for them because nearly all of their marketing strategy to justify the absurd pricing is based around claiming that everything is based around the machine doing magic things with four tons of force!!! to make ultra-fresh juice right at the instant you press the button.

the fact that the juice can actually be squeezed out like a ketchup packet kind of ruins that illusion.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Shifty Pony posted:

nah this is a huge problem for them because nearly all of their marketing strategy to justify the absurd pricing is based around claiming that everything is based around the machine doing magic things with four tons of force!!! to make ultra-fresh juice right at the instant you press the button.

the fact that the juice can actually be squeezed out like a ketchup packet kind of ruins that illusion.

but you can't buy the packs of chopped up fruit and veg unless you already have the machine registered to your account, so it doesnt really matter.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Sniep posted:

well duh, anyone can do it by hand - just go the juice stand and pull out your wallet

this saves you that step!!

that's pretty much it though? im a super-important Startup guy, i don't have TIME to go to a juice stand, much less wait in a LINE! i'll just ask the office admin to set up this delivery service so i can juice up at midnight on xmas when im thinking about scaling

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

fishmech posted:

but you can't buy the packs of chopped up fruit and veg unless you already have the machine registered to your account, so it doesnt really matter.

business idea: buy a juicero, bulk order pouches, resell for profit

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

FrozenVent posted:

business idea: buy a juicero, bulk order pouches, resell for profit

the pouches go bad in a short amount of time since part of the gimmick is to have no preservatives. its why they initally only shipped packs to 3 states and now to only 17 - spending too long in transit means they start going bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

fishmech posted:

the pouches go bad in a short amount of time since part of the gimmick is to have no preservatives. its why they initally only shipped packs to 3 states and now to only 17 - spending too long in transit means they start going bad

that doesn't sound sustainable at all

• Locked thread