Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Basticle posted:

The sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLnDr2WokT8

If you don't have a Joe in your crew then you're the Joe.

I'm the Joe :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I now own this game on both PC and PS4, and forgot that I have to unlock all the og operators even with the complete edition. Ugh

On the bright side, my aiming is much better with a mouse... now if only I could remember how to move (last PC shooter was ut99).

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I now own this game on both PC and PS4, and forgot that I have to unlock all the og operators even with the complete edition. Ugh

On the bright side, my aiming is much better with a mouse... now if only I could remember how to move (last PC shooter was ut99).

I've got news for you friend! The tyranny of arrow keys has come to an end! WASD is now the law of the land.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

WASD was the law of the land back in 1999 also.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Some Patches: http://steamcommunity.com/app/359550/discussions/0/135514823818110553/

Glaz gets better, takes Echo with him and there a few (a lot) important bugfixes. Also the Hibana pellets not detonating bug will be fixed come Season 2. And Montagne's revolver eats a nerf.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://youtu.be/gcQ51ha5aoU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nickname Pending posted:

other people really need to step up their game. Half the people in casual are just garbage. One round, I killed 4 in a row after they got cocky with that 1v5 and tried to rush me.

Source your quotes

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Kikas posted:

Some Patches: http://steamcommunity.com/app/359550/discussions/0/135514823818110553/

Glaz gets better, takes Echo with him and there a few (a lot) important bugfixes. Also the Hibana pellets not detonating bug will be fixed come Season 2. And Montagne's revolver eats a nerf.

Nothing about echo drones being totally unable to deploy on some ceilings. Unless I missed it in the notes

Good buff still

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

quote:

FIXED IQ has the wrong nail polish color in 3rd person view.

about time, the game was literally unplayable without this fix

so tired of my immersion being ruined because of such glaring mistakes

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Thing that annoys me most about Echo's drone is the fact it can't just regular jump. So many times I'll try and get through a deployable shield but am unable to, because the drone just vaults straight up, without being able to jump forward.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Kikas posted:

tl;dr version:

quote:

Tweaks to Glazs scope will make it easier

the only way to resolve the issue was to rebuild the backend design of Hibanas gadget. This is not an easy task, but we have targeted this to be completed within Y2S2

Echos Yokai Drone disorients a player if it hits any body part.

FIXED Operators are able to deploy their gadgets while prone.

FIXED Reloading does not always properly reload the weapon, even if the animation plays. Bandits April Fools joke of replacing some magazines with empty ones was not received well by Rainbow Six Actual.

IQ
FIXED IQ has the wrong nail polish color in 3rd person view.
:yum:

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
The Yokai drone's inability to do regular drone jumps doesn't matter to me as much as how finicky sticking to the ceiling is, where sometimes you just won't stick the first time and by the time you're where you want to be they know what's going on and your drone is dead.

I think that's the sort of problem that is most pervasive in Siege, a general lack of consistency in the way poo poo works, from hosed up hockey puck physics to buck's masterkey being useless garbage for the longest time, to sledge's poo poo mysteriously either not connecting with the window you're trying to boop or only knocking out a chunk of one of the two panels that generally make up destructible walls.

Also I don't recall seeing it in the patch notes, but when was punching walls fixed to not be dumb? Was it back when the effect of grenades on walls were changed? Was it even intended or is it something that just came along for the ride?

I noticed it a while ago after not playing much for a while, and trying to bring it up with some goons had them not knowing what the hell I was talking about.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Does gadgets while prone mean that Kapkan can put his traps even lower to the floor, or do they go to the same place as when you crouch?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

AnElegantPeacock posted:

I've got news for you friend! The tyranny of arrow keys has come to an end! WASD is now the law of the land.

Yeah I'm fine with wasd, it's peeking/crouching/meleeing/running where I have zero muscle memory.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Does gadgets while prone mean that Kapkan can put his traps even lower to the floor, or do they go to the same place as when you crouch?

I couldn't tell if it meant "You can no longer place gadgets whilst prone" or "placing gadgets whilst prone is now doable"

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

quote:

Hibana's X-KAIROS Pellet Bug Status
We have been investigating the issue with Hibanas gadget randomly not detonating for a long time, and once we found the resolution to this issue we realized it is much more complex than we had expected. After significant testing and tweaking, we decided that the only way to resolve the issue was to rebuild the backend design of Hibanas gadget. This is not an easy task, but we have targeted this to be completed within Y2S2. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

yess maybe i'll actually be able to play hibana again soon

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Loopoo posted:

I couldn't tell if it meant "You can no longer place gadgets whilst prone" or "placing gadgets whilst prone is now doable"

Yeah same. The "FIXED" seems to work both ways depending, so its not real clear what this even intends. We can or can no longer place gadgets prone?

quote:

After significant testing and tweaking, we decided that the only way to resolve the issue was to rebuild the backend design of Hibanas gadget.

:eyepop: WOW. That's seriously hosed up. This is like, "the guy who wrote that code got fired and nobody understands what the gently caress he did" or "the code has become such a mess of spaghetti that nobody can debug it" It shouldn't happen.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 19, 2017

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

You were able to place gadgets while prone in some situations, the change log implies that has been corrected

So no, you shouldn't be able to deploy while prone anymore

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Patches are too slow and do not fix enough.

ACOG sights inaccurate on some weapons.
Defuser can't be planted on broken wood floor.
Hostage rarely bugged and gets stuck running on spot.
Randomly fall out the map after spawn.
Deployables will rarely stick to operators hands and block bullets.
Skyscraper room bugged for deployables.
Hibana gadget bugged for six months.
Glaz hit detection isn't fixed.

I don't think this fixes Thermite gadget doing no destruction on the client either.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Defuser can't be planted on broken wooden floor doesn't seem like a bug? Would be kinda weird placing a defuser on ground that doesn't exist.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Loopoo posted:

Defuser can't be planted on broken wooden floor doesn't seem like a bug? Would be kinda weird placing a defuser on ground that doesn't exist.

The floor still exists, it's just down to the steel floorboard frame. So you could (if you had an obscene amount of explosives/shotgun shells) completely destroy the floors of certain objectives to deny plants.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

The floor still exists, it's just down to the steel floorboard frame. So you could (if you had an obscene amount of explosives/shotgun shells) completely destroy the floors of certain objectives to deny plants.

Who would ever use that tactic, it's so cheese. And the likelihood of it ever happening, even with a 5-man team explicitly trying it, is slim. Especially since you'd be open to attack from below. Bombs also always come in twos, no?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It's not a very realistic tactic but it could prevent you for example hopping in the window and planting right there and having to move somewhere more exposed. Most likely is it's just going to be a pain in the rear end when you are trying to rush a plant but are standing on an invalid spot because a frag grenade/fuze went off there.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Loopoo posted:

Who would ever use that tactic, it's so cheese. And the likelihood of it ever happening, even with a 5-man team explicitly trying it, is slim. Especially since you'd be open to attack from below. Bombs also always come in twos, no?

You can at least use it to stop people from quick planting in some areas; eg stock room on Klub or the fat window on Oregon dorms.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

^^^ thx

Carecat posted:

Defuser can't be planted on broken wood floor.

Oh wow! What are some good objectives to abuse this?

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 19, 2017

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I guess on Oregon you could destroy the floor near the window and that would mean they have to move in to plant?

The meta changes so often in this game its hard to say what is useful and what isn't.

I can't see making a portion of the floor un-plantable being too overpowered. You either have to use ammo or gadgets to break the floor, and if you take enough shotguns to do real damage you're stuck without acogs or other automatics.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Heran Bago posted:

Oh wow! What are some good objectives to abuse this?

Incidentally directly under the fat window on dorms corresponds to the bottom of the staircase on the floor below. I've gotten a couple C4 kills that way.

You can also kill people behind the beds/next to that dresser in the middle of the room:

https://streamable.com/30oz

SMP
May 5, 2009

Apparently knives are very lethal for hostages.

https://streamable.com/2coln

Twazuk
Oct 3, 2010
Was Echo's Yokai drone always busted on Clubhouse or is that part of the new patch?
Half the armory ceiling seems to count as outside. Also some doorways.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Oh and every so often the next round fails to load so everyone has to just leave which is really loving annoying.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Twazuk posted:

Was Echo's Yokai drone always busted on Clubhouse or is that part of the new patch?
Half the armory ceiling seems to count as outside. Also some doorways.

That bug has been around for a while.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Anyone know why this game might be stretched a bit vertically on my screen? The only other game with this problem is watch dogs 2, so maybe Uplay related? It's not horrible but might affect my aim.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Spawn peekers and defenders who jump out of windows to kill you as you're rappelling the wall infuriate me to no end, especially when they get away scot free. I was playing as Fuze, stuck one of my cluster charges on the window of the 2nd floor, Valk smashes the window and vaults out. She kills me then manages to leg it back inside before my teammates kill her.

How the gently caress can I utilize Fuze's cluster charges if most enemies at Gold rank have the hearing of a loving bat and can either spray me at the window or vault out and kill me?

The game has a sick and twisted way of letting things play out: enemy spawn peekers seem to always be alright, even if I'm looking out for them. However, when I try to spawn peek, I'm instantly punished and shot down.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
You're on a team. Coordinate with your mates so that someone is watching the windows while you do your climbing.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

slap me and kiss me posted:

You're on a team. Coordinate with your mates so that someone is watching the windows while you do your climbing.

I try every time: "Guys, I'm gonna fuze the objective, make a loud distraction to cover my noise" and no one listens. It's rare to get teammates who use mic, and it's even rarer to get a teammate who uses it nicely, especially since Ubisoft completely screwed the pooch and their VOIP is always so quiet and garbage. People complain saying my mic is too quiet and the same goes for them, it's such low volume. I dunno how to fix it.

I wanna have a team with people I get on well with, but most I've tried out are people who boss you around, so it ends up being stressful, as opposed to fun and coordinated.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Phone posting so I can't be bothered to get the link, but play in the goon discord. We had 3 full groups going for a few hours

I think there is a link in the OP

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

The Duggler posted:

Phone posting so I can't be bothered to get the link, but play in the goon discord. We had 3 full groups going for a few hours

I think there is a link in the OP

What the dug man says is true.

I too am phone posting but I'm helpful and not lazy: http://www.goonstack.win/discord-1/

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Loopoo posted:

Spawn peekers and defenders who jump out of windows to kill you as you're rappelling the wall infuriate me to no end, especially when they get away scot free. I was playing as Fuze, stuck one of my cluster charges on the window of the 2nd floor, Valk smashes the window and vaults out. She kills me then manages to leg it back inside before my teammates kill her.

How the gently caress can I utilize Fuze's cluster charges if most enemies at Gold rank have the hearing of a loving bat and can either spray me at the window or vault out and kill me?

The game has a sick and twisted way of letting things play out: enemy spawn peekers seem to always be alright, even if I'm looking out for them. However, when I try to spawn peek, I'm instantly punished and shot down.

Jumping out a window is risky. On a lot of maps you can't just hop out a window and hop back in. It's a risk/reward move but it's a good idea to not gently caress around on a rappel as your limited turn angle makes you weak, you make a lot of noise and it's common for a black eye to be outside.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Gonna try finding a team on Goon Discord. As for Valk, I find her cameras thrown outside to be absolute bullshit. They're near impossible to spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Look for broken windows, there's usually a limited set of places they could be, on most maps anyway. Or play IQ.

A lot of your complaints sound like part of the learning curve to be honest, plus aggravation from playing alone. Stuff like the spawn peeking and people rushing out is often actually fairly predictable, and there are normally (although to be fair, not always) ways you can position yourself where you'll be safer, or you'll learn which walls you can't stay on for too long.

• Locked thread