Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

God dammit, that's awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Poor kid :smith:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I'm amazed he survived it. Scary to watch.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

I'm amazed he survived it. Scary to watch.

Yeah, that's probably the worst crash I've ever seen in a long time.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Do we know what exactly happened? I'm guessing the other car had broken down quicker than they could get the yellow flags out - also seems odd that it would be parked up on the circuit instead of having rolled onto the grass.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Technically it'd be white flags rather than yellow but I didn't see either from the on board.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Yeah, not actually that surprising if you've seen the crash footage.

Someone get Alex Zanardi to go talk to the kid :/

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Yeah, that's probably the worst crash I've ever seen in a long time.

What was the impact speed?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

The car in front looked like it was barely moving if at all and it was near the end of some sort of straight.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Just saw the news from William's Twitter feed. Terrible :(

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Seriously.

I remember reading when Frank suffered his injury that a big help in coping with this lifestyle change was speaking with Clay Regazzoni.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Moving the legs behind the axle line was a move that probably should have happened earlier than it did.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Human Grand Prix posted:

Here's onboard footage of last year's Formula 4 race from Jamie Caroline doing his best Ayrton Senna impression:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaNtDi5UklI

In the pissing rain, with his line compromised by traffic through Old Hairpin, and with the back end stepping out up the hill he's doing around 160 kmh at the same point where Monger crashed, so likely add 10 or 20 kmh to that for a rough estimate :gonk:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Yeah, not actually that surprising if you've seen the crash footage.

Him or Frédéric Sausset (quadruple amputee who competed in Le Mans last year). Preferably both.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

lmao

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I thought this was a Sniff Petrol headline.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

Do we know what exactly happened? I'm guessing the other car had broken down quicker than they could get the yellow flags out - also seems odd that it would be parked up on the circuit instead of having rolled onto the grass.
Very similar crash happened between a P1 car and a GT car at Daytona or Sebring last year. Looked loving horrible. I think everyone walked away from that one but it was the same situation, 3 cars in a tight group come up on one that had just broken down and was limping on the side of the track, someone in the rear of the group pulls out to pass and slams the broken down car at high speed.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Oh christ the kid is still in an induced coma for the next few days. He doesn't even know he lost his legs yet.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

Oh christ the kid is still in an induced coma for the next few days. He doesn't even know he lost his legs yet.

:smith:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Just wait until they wake him and tell him about the Honda engine lasting a whole day of testing without exploding

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm gunna go take a walk and be super thankful for poo poo.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Just wait until they wake him and tell him about the Honda engine lasting a whole day of testing without exploding

Heh.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Thanks for brightening my day lmbo

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

loving hell

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

Christ. Poor bastard. :/

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Poor kid, :( small glimmer of hope is that the reports say it's lower limb which means less problems with fitting prosthetic limbs. The induced coma is normal procedure and it's to to reduce the chance of him going into shock, they will start bringing him round when they are absolutely sure his blood pressure is stabilised, and also that blood clots won't be a thing.

Wall of champions is being modified so the wider cars don't repeatedly slam into it. Don't read any comments sections if you wish to remain calm, the usual blood sport fanatics are out in force.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

In brighter news.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2081915/serena-williams-lewis-hamilton-cosy-up-hold-hands-formula-one-mexican-grand-prix/

http://globalnews.ca/news/3389309/serena-williams-hints-that-shes-20-weeks-pregnant-with-her-first-child/

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

gently caress. If Lewis has a kid he'll become a poo poo racing driver like massa, rosberg or grosjean I think? Either way all drivers with kids are terrible.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Lewis is never going to have a kid. He's still not over Nicole and when he gets back with her she'll be too old to have kids.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
She's engaged to one of the founders of Reddit, all this means is that there is a high chance that Lewis has hung out with one of the founders of Reddit, which is actually a lot more believable than the idea of him hanging out with cool people like musicians.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

gently caress, that poor kid. Always sad to see racing injuries, but even worse when they're just kids.

Also Serena is engaged and having Lewis' baby?? THIS is the kind of exciting news I needed to get over that sad story.

CratSock fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 19, 2017

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ok, if anyone would actually read the first line of the second link Serena is engaged with some Reddit founder and Lewis was just seen with her at the Mexican grand prix last year.

She's not having Lewis baby, hope that helps.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm going to create an internet cesspool so I too can bang hot female tennis players.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm going to create an internet cesspool so I too can bang hot female tennis players.

So you'll be the next OP then?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.motorsport.com/gp3/news/kubica-makes-single-seater-return-in-private-gp3-test-895950/

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

Ok, if anyone would actually read the first line of the second link Serena is engaged with some Reddit founder and Lewis was just seen with her at the Mexican grand prix last year.

She's not having Lewis baby, hope that helps.

The timeline works out.(ish)

I guess we won't know until the kid starts talking with a british accent.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Gigi Galli posted:

So you'll be the next OP then?

:vince:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My browser refereshed on Billy's charity page and one of the anonymous doners just dropped £100k into the pot.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Powershift posted:

The timeline works out.(ish)

I guess we won't know until the kid starts talking with a british accent.

or if the kid's first words are "hey man."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
McLaren did 80 laps in testing? Guaranteed podium by the end of season, I can see it already!

• Locked thread