Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krisslanza
May 6, 2011
But why would they make a Move Tutor that only teaches biting moves, instead of just making (or having more) normal Move Tutors who can just teach everything applicable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

eh, having a dentist that teaches nothing but tooth related moves is kinda neat

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Manatee Cannon posted:

eh, having a dentist that teaches nothing but tooth related moves is kinda neat

Yeah tbh this is something I could see a main game doing. It's one of the only vaguely Not Bad decisions they made.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

chameleohm - still electric

goddamn :eyepop:

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
Dentist NPC is an adorable idea and Chameleohm is an amazing name.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I've been waiting for OFS to show off the Seikamater evolution, if only to point out how passive aggressive the Uranium wiki is about it. "...making it the only Legendary obtainable by evolution at the time of its creation." That just tells me that someone was really, really pissed about SuMo 'stealing their original idea'.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I mean the main games already have Specific Moves Tutors (generally high-power moves for starters), so a Dentist/Pokemon Pedi-Medi salon sounds pretty brilliant (for the claw attacks)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It's weird to run into an evolved thing in the wild before its unevovled form.
I thought that was a weird Snowboarder trainer for a second

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Johnny Joestar posted:

seikamater is one of the game's legendaries so i'm not too surprised about it being buff as hell

A legendary you can get an infinite amount of, without trading with anybody.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Schubalts posted:

I feel like most legendaries also aren't quite on the level as, uh, this.

Like Marshadow is insane but it's also an event pokemon and doesn't have 5 stabs

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Ashsaber posted:

I've been waiting for OFS to show off the Seikamater evolution, if only to point out how passive aggressive the Uranium wiki is about it. "...making it the only Legendary obtainable by evolution at the time of its creation." That just tells me that someone was really, really pissed about SuMo 'stealing their original idea'.

November 18th was the release date of S&M. It took until January 3rd for someone to edit the line to account for Cosmeom.

24 minutes later...

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I feel like we are dulled to the ugly pokemon but drat some of these things look like npcs from like...a sonic game.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Everything about this game tells me it's been executed with all the skill of a first year intern.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
Wait, is that bear using his own tail as a snowboard?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

LEGO Genetics posted:

Everything about this game tells me it's been executed with all the skill of a first year intern.

Don't be mean - a first year intern would at least have a vague idea how to draw!

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

It looks like the fire line doesn't give much to Seikamater, while the other lines give bug buzz and tail glow, respectively.

Not that it NEEDS its Bug STAB much with Tri Attack and all those TMs.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

YamiNoSenshi posted:

It's a very confused fursuiter

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

YamiNoSenshi posted:

To be fair the main games have already given us a frog using it's tongue as a scarf, and a mouse that surfs on its own tail.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I never saw his stream, but I remember Tie complaining on twitter about an ice puzzle that was literally impossible. Did they fix that, or is that in another area?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I just love giant fuzzy moths!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
A dentist move tutor sounds like a pretty cool idea, to be honest.

Probably wouldn't be too helpful in practice, though, since it'd undoubtedly come late to prevent you from getting Crunch too early.

Still, props for the idea.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Vorpal Cat posted:

To be fair the main games have already given us a frog using it's tongue as a scarf, and a mouse that surfs on its own tail.

Yeah but this was the only Pokemon who used its tail as a board at the time of its creation!!!

e: Also I really like Seikamater's evolution method. It could have been handled better, like for instance by not requiring an unevolved early trash bug to get to level 45, but related Pokemon all being able to evolve into the same "queen" in special circumstances is a cool idea.

LAY-ZX fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 20, 2017

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

catch one of the rock/ice elephants and call it Stone Cold :v:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Really, Pokemon needs more elephants. Pokemon-scale elephants are adorable.

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.
Been following this for a while now. This is not a very good game.

I kinda appreciate how there's no pretense of balance for the monsters they put in.

Also, Fuzzybutt could be adorable, but needs a much better sprite.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Schubalts posted:

Speaking of, did they fix that in 1.1? It didn't look like Seikamater was holding anything.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Oh, and add me to the camp that is entirely in favor of a greater number of thematically-specific move tutors in place of the big genericized ones that do the same old-gen TMs and elemental punches and stuff all lumped together.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

KataraniSword posted:

Speaking of, did they fix that in 1.1? It didn't look like Seikamater was holding anything.

Royal Jelly is a key item and it is still in my inventory.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

A dentist move tutor sounds like a pretty cool idea, to be honest.

Probably wouldn't be too helpful in practice, though, since it'd undoubtedly come late to prevent you from getting Crunch too early.

Still, props for the idea.

You say that, but Gen 7 has no qualms about giving you Brick Break before the first trial finished and 80 BP Leech Life right before the second kahuna.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

rannum posted:

I feel like most legendaries also aren't quite on the level as, uh, this.

Like Marshadow is insane but it's also an event pokemon and doesn't have 5 stabs

To be fair, I've yet to see anything in this game that Mega Rayquaza doesn't obliterate. Admittedly that official 'mon is so bullshit overpowered it even got banned from Ubers, but the point stands. :v:

Although now I'm curious how Nuclear-typing interacts with Delta Stream. Was Strong Winds weather programmed to just cancel super-effectiveness vs. Flying typing, or was it specifically coded to the three elements that are SE against Flying types in the normal games?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The dentist is one of those "... that's a not bad idea" thing, but at this point I'm preaching!

Something tells me I don't want to know the next gym's gimmick.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

Although now I'm curious how Nuclear-typing interacts with Delta Stream. Was Strong Winds weather programmed to just cancel super-effectiveness vs. Flying typing, or was it specifically coded to the three elements that are SE against Flying types in the normal games?

The former, it still functions appropriately in inverse battles.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Dermafrost is a cool name for an elephant.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Dermafrost is a cool name for an elephant.

i agree on this and dentist

dermafrost looks ugly through and could be a cute and cuddly friend forever.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Lord Koth posted:

I could check, since for some reason Uranium has every single official move and ability from OR/AS coded and fully functional.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Hey wait that's the editor, meaning I can make it really easy on myself.

So I made Eshouten mono-flying (regular typing is normal/flying) and gave it Delta Stream.

Nasty Plot-boosted Radioacid still wrecked it.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

So I guess Delta Stream isn't coded the same as in the real games? Or else it has a flag that it only works on Mega Rayquaza or something?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Hey wait that's the editor, meaning I can make it really easy on myself.

So I made Eshouten mono-flying (regular typing is normal/flying) and gave it Delta Stream.

Nasty Plot-boosted Radioacid still wrecked it.

I'm sorry, I still don't understand anything about this.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I'm guessing it's only coded to remove the weakness to Rock, Ice and Electric. Nuclear stays pretty broken!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

RareAcumen posted:

I'm sorry, I still don't understand anything about this.

The ability Delta Stream causes a weather effect known as "Mysterious Air Current"

quote:

A mysterious air current causes moves that would be super effective against pure Flying-type Pokémon to only be normally effective.

Outside of Inverse Battles, this causes Electric-, Ice-, and Rock-type moves to deal neutral damage to Flying-type Pokémon.
During Inverse Battles, this causes Bug-, Fighting-, Grass-, and Ground-type moves to deal neutral damage to Flying-type Pokémon.
If a move is not super effective against the Pokémon's other type (for dual-typed Pokémon), this no longer counts as a super effective hit (for the purposes of damage-reducing Berries, Expert Belt, etc.).
This has no effect on Stealth Rock and Anticipation.
And Nuclear is super effective against everything. Delta stream should make it do normal damage (if they coded it correctly) but they didn't. that or they want their hyper-edgy super type to work even against Mega-Ray.

• Locked thread