Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bryter posted:

Until 2011 UK general elections happened whenever the PM felt like it. Since 2011, governments are supposed to last 5 years, with the next election being held in 2020. An early election can still be called if a 2/3 majority of parliament votes in favour of it, or if a vote of no confidence in the government passes.

Or if parliament just repeals the act which put the fixed terms in place, which they can do with a simple majority. The joys of not having a real constitution.

Hey, we have a real constitution, but the filibuster was just something that got pulled out of somebody's rear end, and people now act like it's sacred. Kinda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Lol I heard Faust laughing long before they introduced him in the Harvard ep. Wasn't sure if I was imagining it at first

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Anime Nazis continue to misidentify masked antifas. First bdsm Carl Diggler, now PissPigGranddad (may his account rest in peace)

https://twitter.com/cat_beltane/status/853968043076136960

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

lmao PPG had a loving rolling stones article about him that my not online mom told me about. How do they gently caress that up?

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice
And he's just suspended from Twitter, not banned, right?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

unbutthurtable posted:

And he's just suspended from Twitter, not banned, right?

I don't think you understand. I didn't come here to rescue PPG from you. I came here to rescue you from him.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I love the 'Zbigniew Brzezinski is the Hydrox to Kissinger's Oreo' line because IMMEDIATELY I went into 'Nerdy Kid From Bart's Comet episode of The Simpsons' voice and went DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HYDROX CAME BEFORE OREO AND IS THE ORIGINAL VERSION~~~

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

HolePisser1982 posted:

bastard moderators making him into an outcast Irony Rambo within days of getting back sounds very good to me

THEY DREW FIRST BAN

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dollop would be good if they didn't follow every line of the history story with three jokes and a minute long bit. Dry boy episodes are good though.

And if the bits weren't 25% "Gareth's character said something awkward he shouldn't have said" and 25% "Gareth's character wants to gently caress an inanimate object."

That said, Felix/Will episode was good, I've got the Matt/Virgil episode lined up as well.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Apoplexy posted:

I love the 'Zbigniew Brzezinski is the Hydrox to Kissinger's Oreo' line because IMMEDIATELY I went into 'Nerdy Kid From Bart's Comet episode of The Simpsons' voice and went DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HYDROX CAME BEFORE OREO AND IS THE ORIGINAL VERSION~~~

:hfive:

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Apoplexy posted:

Checks out, Brzezinski was in the white house first as an advisor to Johnson.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I legitimately didn't know which one was earlier, so forgive me if I literally inverted the joke. :(

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Apoplexy posted:

Someone siting near me shouted this at the event

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Teaser for premium episode.

https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/episode-101-teaser-the-peoples-court-of-alex-jones

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
hydrox is the better cookie

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Anyone who has read Nixonland thanks to Chapo should check out this article by Matt Stoller. It acts an a sort of epilogue to the main thrust of the book: of the tearing apart of the democratic party over Vietnam that was mostly self-inflicted, and how that destroyed the New Deal liberals and their anti-finance regulations along the way.

I haven't read much else by him, but I thought this was a pretty solid piece.

edit: pre-election too, which is pretty drat spooky.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Apr 19, 2017

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

had a few weeks away and just caught up on my chapo. god drat that gorka bit at the start of ep 98.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Well that Aaron Hernandez joke is awkward now

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Just became Grey Wolf, totally worth it. Going through all the episodes start to finish. The only stuff I don't care for is the live audience stuff.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Dave and Gary is precious boys and I will not have you badmouthing them itt.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sandweed posted:

I do wish Gary had backed off a little bit -- he took up a lot of space, and it felt like Virgil (in particular) never got a chance to say anything.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Find your soulmate, Alex
https://twitter.com/ralphdouthat/status/854686397629952000

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

prefect posted:

I do wish Gary had backed off a little bit -- he took up a lot of space, and it felt like Virgil (in particular) never got a chance to say anything.

Virgil never says anything in most shows.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Halloween Jack posted:

Just became Grey Wolf, totally worth it. Going through all the episodes start to finish. The only stuff I don't care for is the live audience stuff.

Nothing worse than live audio for a podcast. That said, it's still good content.

The fact that Alex Jones is in family court is so perfect. It's gonna be torture to wait until my 6-hour drive on Friday to listen to that and a couple others I've saved up over the last week.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Lord Frisk posted:

Virgil never says anything in most shows.

Not his fault that they talk about stuff besides trains and elevators.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Sandweed posted:

Gotta agree. I liked the dollop until I heard the Jetpack Madness episode, then I realized why goons love it.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
I like the Dollop but man the crowd for the Matt/Virgil show was loving dead. The confusion about extremely good poo poo like "subs vs dubs" and the word "wonk" seems bizarre to me now

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

TheBigAristotle posted:

The fact that Alex Jones is in family court is so perfect. It's gonna be torture to wait until my 6-hour drive on Friday to listen to that and a couple others I've saved up over the last week.

so true. Alex Jones laid low by Family Court. the Chapo Reality Warper Raygun scores another head shot.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Amber was goddamn amazing in the Harvard show, she'd be quiet for like 20 minutes, and then chime in with a quick one liner that'd absolutely kill me. And I think Will and Felix definitely handled the Dollop appearance better, but it might have been their personalities fitting better with the hosts, or it's just their personalities in general. Some people work better with a specific group, and Matt and Virgil might just mesh better with the Chapo crew, both in style and rapport.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I like her cameos on cumtown where she shouts off mic

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ron Jeremy posted:

I like her cameos on cumtown where she shouts off mic

:hfive:

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
The crowd was lamer for matt and virgil's dollop but I thought the episode was much better

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I think if you took Felix and Virgil and made a Dollop it would be the best one.

New Patreon episode owns.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm glad that my hatred of the Newsroom prevented me from ever getting around to the West Wing.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm glad that my hatred of the Newsroom prevented me from ever getting around to the West Wing.

Say what you will about the Newsroom, setting your show in the real world but a year in the past so your characters can always be right about everything is pretty fuckin smart

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Felix doing the Newsroom "America is not Great" speech is primo Chapo. The background music made it even better.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Say what you will about the Newsroom, setting your show in the real world but a year in the past so your characters can always be right about everything is pretty fuckin smart

They wised up enough to have the ACN team be wrong once in a while but it also had female characters confront each other in a laundromat and scream about Sex and the City fanfiction. Unfortunately I quit before the Ghost Dad season.

Also that show led to the worst Twitter account of all time.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
the lag time on that dumb loving opening hitting mom facebook was so drat long. i thought that hearing chuck norris jokes from people in person after seeing vin diesel jokes blow up here a year prior was bad, but i was not ready for the scourge that was "cool white dad owns fukkn dumb rear end lib bitch" just being plastered everywhere and not accredited at all.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

lol

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

The West Wing is a pretty good show that people took way too seriously. The Newsroom is unmitigated trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

west wing is at least as shameful as anime and yet that harvard crowd had probably all watched the whole thing