Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Techno Remix posted:

Schad is on me for eating un-activated cashews this whole time.

How do you activate them? I assume it involves yelling.

What, you've never noticed the tiny 'on' buttons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Your mom probably knows how to activate nuts if you ask her.

real answer: they're just soaked in salt water

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Activating almonds is just another way Big Water has found to try to eradicate all natural occurring water from California.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

10 Beers posted:

Bill O'Reilly is officially off of Fox News.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ontent=20170419

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Tucker Carlson will replace O'Reilly in the 8 p.m. ET time slot.

The schad is on all of us.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Techno Remix posted:

Schad is on me for eating un-activated cashews this whole time.

How do you activate them? I assume it involves yelling.

Activate is a fancy hippie bullshit term for germinate

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Grow them into a whole new tree. Eat the tree. You will be unstoppable.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Tucker Carlson is much more annoying as far as just his voice and the way he speaks but at least so far it doesn't seem like he harasses women?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

Tucker Carlson is much more annoying as far as just his voice and the way he speaks but at least so far it doesn't seem like he harasses women?

That bow tie says otherwise

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

10 Beers posted:

Bill O'Reilly is officially off of Fox News.

Solice Kirsk posted:

"Go home Randy Bill O'Reilly, you're drunk."

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Is "tucker" a full name or short for some thing?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Regalingualius posted:

Should've named her son Chris P.

:vince:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Rather morbid schadenfreude, but Aaron Hernandez was found hanged in his cell this morning. As a brief refresher, he was a guy with a troubled youth who was looking like he was going to be a rising star in the Patriots when he signed on for them... Only for it to come out that he'd never really gotten out of the gang life, and was heavily suspected in a double murder, and had been convicted of murdering a potential witness for THOSE murders.

The kicker is that he was just acquitted of that pair of murders not even a week ago.

Macrowave Oven
Nov 20, 2008

Guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, clavinet, piano, keytar, lap steel guitar, slide bass guitar, mandolin, violin, and FRESH POTS.

Jippa posted:

Is "tucker" a full name or short for some thing?

Etymology via wikipedia:

"Recorded as both Tucker and Tooker, the derivation of the English occupational surname comes from the Old English, pre-7th Century verb tucian, meaning "to torment." It would have been for a fuller, also known as a "walker," one who softened freshly woven cloth by beating and tramping on it in water."

Woah that is apt af

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Glazier posted:

Activate is a fancy hippie bullshit term for germinate

Cruel, if you think about it. You wake up the dormant nut and make it think it's gonna get to grow into a tree, then you eat it while it is awake and screaming.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Facebook Aunt posted:

Cruel, if you think about it. You wake up the dormant nut and make it think it's gonna get to grow into a tree, then you eat it while it is awake and screaming.

I have some bad news for you about how the malt for beer is made.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Funzo posted:

I have some bad news for you about how the malt for beer is made.

The end justifies the means in that instance.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
By some accounts there's a civil war going on in the leadership of Fox News. One of Murdoch's sons thinks the network has gotten too stupid and wants to tone things down. O'Reilly is a pretty major scalp for him. Maybe we can look forward to a slightly less abrasively idiotic Fox News?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

poly and open-minded posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A JUICE PACKET INTO THE SLOT. THEN I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE IT- ITS KUNDALINI YOGA

Jesus Christ :drat:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Thwomp posted:

The schad is on all of us.

I don't know if Tucker Carlson has ever sexually harassed anyone, but he sure as poo poo looks like he owns a couple of fur suits

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

AKA Pseudonym posted:

By some accounts there's a civil war going on in the leadership of Fox News. One of Murdoch's sons thinks the network has gotten too stupid and wants to tone things down. O'Reilly is a pretty major scalp for him. Maybe we can look forward to a slightly less abrasively idiotic Fox News?

So, like, instead of being American society's bone cancer, it's its colon cancer? Cool, progress.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Needs Fox News logo on the girl's head and Bill's head on the boy now. Someone please make this for me!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Regalingualius posted:

Rather morbid schadenfreude, but Aaron Hernandez was found hanged in his cell this morning. As a brief refresher, he was a guy with a troubled youth who was looking like he was going to be a rising star in the Patriots when he signed on for them... Only for it to come out that he'd never really gotten out of the gang life, and was heavily suspected in a double murder, and had been convicted of murdering a potential witness for THOSE murders.

The kicker is that he was just acquitted of that pair of murders not even a week ago.

So, was he still in prison for the suspected witness murder or something? Why was he even still in a cell if he was acquitted?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

SpacePig posted:

So, was he still in prison for the suspected witness murder or something? Why was he even still in a cell if he was acquitted?

He had already been convicted of a murder when he was put on trial for more murders.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

SpacePig posted:

He was found guilty of a different murder and was serving life. If you read up on the stories they're pretty nuts. I guess only one was true in the eyes of the law since he was acquitted for the double murder.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SpacePig posted:

No he was still convicted and serving a sentence for a different murder. That one was on appeal, and due to a interesting constitutional wrinkle (being guaranteed the right to assist in your trial/appeal), the conviction is expected to be vacated.

efb: Well at least we agree.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

ilmucche posted:

He was found guilty of a different murder and was serving life. If you read up on the stories they're pretty nuts. I guess only one was true in the eyes of the law since he was acquitted for the double murder.

Except now he's dead so you can say he did it, cause he did.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Glazier posted:

Except now he's dead so you can say he did it, cause he did.

Though legally he's not even guilty of the original murder because he died during the appeal process.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
FYI here's a good recent bio on Tucker Carlson. I'm not sure how closely he fits the fox news mould,

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/04/10/tucker-carlsons-fighting-words?mbid=rss

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Volcott posted:

Though legally he's not even guilty of the original murder because he died during the appeal process.

Yeah, I just got to that part of the Wikipedia article on him:

"Wikipedia" posted:

In the state of Massachusetts, Hernandez technically died an innocent man due to the legal principle of abatement ab initio, where if a person dies and has not exhausted all legal appeals, the case reverts to its status at the beginning; so the person becomes innocent. Hernandez had an appeal pending for his 2014 conviction in the murder of Odin Lloyd.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

quote:

"I don't think Bill did anything wrong," President Trump told the Times in an interview earlier this month. "Personally, I think he shouldn't have settled."
Yeah, a dude who openly admitted physically assaulting women probably wouldn't think that just gross verbal conduct amounted to anything wrong.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
#Lifehack, get out of being charged with murder by killing yourself

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016

Volcott posted:

The perfect crime!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Good bird.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I wonder what a bird would want from Amazon....Joseph Cheaney and Son's Classic Calfskin Capped Oxford in mahogany?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

I wonder what a bird would want from Amazon....Joseph Cheaney and Son's Classic Calfskin Capped Oxford in mahogany?

more birds

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Saint Freak posted:

#Lifehack, get out of being charged with murder by killing yourself

People have been speculating that the reasons he offed himself were:

A) He'd pissed through nearly all of his cash for a solid defense on not one, but two high-profile murder cases.
B) If he died while his case was under review, legally it would vacate his conviction, which could give his family a leg to stand on for claiming at least some of the cash he was supposed to get from signing on with the Patriots before he got outed as a murderer.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
"Alexa, millet. Now."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Regalingualius posted:

People have been speculating that the reasons he offed himself were:

A) He'd pissed through nearly all of his cash for a solid defense on not one, but two high-profile murder cases.
B) If he died while his case was under review, legally it would vacate his conviction, which could give his family a leg to stand on for claiming at least some of the cash he was supposed to get from signing on with the Patriots before he got outed as a murderer.

Pissing away cash for a solid defense but coming up short huh? He really was a New England Patriot through and through.