Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I don't play NES games with mappers myself, I consider it a form of cheating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
real gamers use a handful of exposed wires and a small battery to write inputs directly to the NES's cpu through the contact pins :colbert:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

deadly_pudding posted:

real gamers use a handful of exposed wires and a small battery to write inputs directly to the NES's cpu through the contact pins :colbert:

I do the game in binary in my head and if I mess up I have to start over at the beginning like Miyamoto intended.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Lol if you don't just get down into the code and inject your own progress into the code, just lol

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I don't like Shovel Knight because it's 8-bit or because it accurately or inaccurately represents the NES or whatever, I like Shovel Knight because it is fun, the right amount of challenging and has good aesthetics that come together well.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

grand theft grotto posted:

I don't like Shovel Knight because it's 8-bit or because it accurately or inaccurately represents the NES or whatever, I like Shovel Knight because it is fun, the right amount of challenging and has good aesthetics that come together well.

:same:

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
Somehow playing Contra 3 on SNES with "slow mo" mode is part of my nostalgia. I hope to Nintendo will allow me to relive this.

By "slow mo" I mean the third party controller just presses start very fast.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

katkillad2 posted:

Now that I realize they aren't done with the 3DS, I'm not convinced we are getting a Switch Monster Hunter anytime soon.

It depends if Nintendo are willing to dump a bunch of money on Capcom to get a system seller. They'd be dumb not to. Capcom on its own has no reason to develop a game on the Switch until the install base becomes much bigger.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A Monster Hunter on Switch would make the console impossible to find in Japan for..ever

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Tender Bender posted:

It depends if Nintendo are willing to dump a bunch of money on Capcom to get a system seller. They'd be dumb not to. Capcom on its own has no reason to develop a game on the Switch until the install base becomes much bigger.

Is the Switch install base not literally at capacity?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
gently caress! NINTENDO! Release the GAMES!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Takoluka posted:

Is the Switch install base not literally at capacity?

Yes but the 3ds base is still way bigger.

Edit: oh you mean it in the sense that Nintendo doesn't need a system seller. Yeah, I guess that's true. Maybe we'll eventually get one in like late 2018 or something.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I want to play as a noodle lady and punch a mummy in the face while standing in a comically large ramen bowl

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

The Swords & Sorcery/Serpents (I forget) manual had pages of dot grids in the back for mapping every floor of the dungeon. Totally owned.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Official FTC announcement: There's no Nintendo Switch emulator

Don't fall for the scam friends

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

There's no way a Monster Hunter isn't coming to Switch. I just hope it's sooner than later. I got into it with 3 on Wii U but I just can't enjoy any of them on 3DS so it would be nice to be able to play in HD on the TV again.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i cant believe the amount of virtual console games in the nintendo switch

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Official FTC announcement: There's no Nintendo Switch emulator

Don't fall for the scam friends

That's just want they want you to think.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Imagine for a moment, if you will.

The Switch, but with Virtual Console.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I wish there were sales figures for virtual console so we could see just how few people actually give a poo poo.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

inferis posted:

I wish there were sales figures for virtual console so we could see just how few people actually give a poo poo.

Sales so far: ZERO

QED

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Is there a way to browse the eShop through a normal web browser like the PS Store, or do I only have the ability to do that on the console? I don't yet have a Switch, but I would like to browse the available games.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

You can browse Nintendo's store on their website and purchase digital copies on there, which will download while you console is in sleep mode. I've done it a couple times from my phone and have had games ready when I get home

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Tender Bender posted:

Well, other than that Monster Hunter on 3DS is Capcom's sole breadwinner now that Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Lost Planet, Dead Rising have had their sales crater and Deep Down is vaporware. Capcom was very supportive of the 3DS during its launch and forged a strong partnership with Nintendo throughout the console's lifespan. They would've similarly benefited from being the big fish in small pond with the Switch's launch.

The company's shareholders will be out for blood in the coming weeks. Resident Evil 7, Dead Rising 4, and Monster Hunter XX will not meet their sales expectations. Umbrella Corps and Monster Hunter Stories didn't do well either. If Monster Hunter's problems go beyond these particular entries, then the company doesn't have anything else to fall back on. They'll be a boutique publisher with the cost base of a AAA publisher like Take2.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Every Japanese company can fall back on pachinko and mobile I wouldn't worry about it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Sunning posted:

Well, other than that Monster Hunter on 3DS is Capcom's sole breadwinner now that Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Lost Planet, Dead Rising have had their sales crater and Deep Down is vaporware. Capcom was very supportive of the 3DS during its launch and forged a strong partnership with Nintendo throughout the console's lifespan. They would've similarly benefited from being the big fish in small pond with the Switch's launch.

The company's shareholders will be out for blood in the coming weeks. Resident Evil 7, Dead Rising 4, and Monster Hunter XX will not meet their sales expectations. Umbrella Corps and Monster Hunter Stories didn't do well either. If Monster Hunter's problems go beyond these particular entries, then the company doesn't have anything else to fall back on. They'll be a boutique publisher with the cost base of a AAA publisher like Take2.

I wish Capcom would release Street Fighter Collections (with online) and all their Dreamcast era fighters. The sad reality is Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Revival will probably sell well enough that they are going to try to repackage as many fighters at $40 as they can. It wouldn't bother me as much if 99% of the game wasn't just a port of Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix with Evil Ryu and Violent Ken added. They should have added characters from later SF games or something. (Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix was like $15 or 20 new on xbox live when it came out)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Monster Hunter is already starting to fall. Double Cross had the lowest sales debut for any main MH game since the switch from PSP to 3DS and a ton of the Amazon Japan reviews amount to "This game is really hard, thanks for all the memories but I think I'm done with Monster Hunter."

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/854785734883987456

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Just skip to the Cave Story one.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

I only approve if the mapper is emulated through software included with the game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Policenaut posted:

Monster Hunter is already starting to fall. Double Cross had the lowest sales debut for any main MH game since the switch from PSP to 3DS and a ton of the Amazon Japan reviews amount to "This game is really hard, thanks for all the memories but I think I'm done with Monster Hunter."

It came out in March 2017, when the new handheld released. There is probably a good amount of truth to the idea that people are just moving on from the 3ds especially in a handheld dominated market. Monster Hunter isn't going anywhere

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
A friend of mine was playing my Switch (snipper clips and zelda) and she said that if they put out an Animal Crossing game she'd literally kill people in a parking lot for a Switch.

Nintendo you can't buy press like that. Animal Crossing for the ladies and kids, Monster Hunter for the Japanese, and Metroid Prime 4 for the dumb white guys.

Get on it. You have opportunities to print cash just waiting on you.

Also virtual console.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Phantasium posted:

Just skip to the Cave Story one.

Oh god a Quote amiibo :allears:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

No.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

A friend of mine was playing my Switch (snipper clips and zelda) and she said that if they put out an Animal Crossing game she'd literally kill people in a parking lot for a Switch.

Nintendo you can't buy press like that. Animal Crossing for the ladies and kids, Monster Hunter for the Japanese, and Metroid Prime 4 for the dumb white guys.

Get on it. You have opportunities to print cash just waiting on you.

Also virtual console.

im a dumb white japanese lady guy kid

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My minds telling me nooooooo

But my wallet

My wallets telling YYYYYYYyyyYYYYeeEEEeeSSsssSSSSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

• Locked thread