Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Finished season 10. The pre-merge was pretty boring, but the later episodes made up for it. Being in a 1 vs 6 situation and managing to win the whole game was pretty great.

Onwards to Palau.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Absolute Zero posted:

Been hoping someone would start a thread actually. Been enjoying this season so far, as usual it's better than the US version. I cheered so loud when Neda got evicted, but felt kind of sorry for her when she started crying like that. You could tell it meant so much to her.

Love Ika's crazy poo poo, but get the feeling her days are numbered.

Someone start a thread :/

In Survivor news, did I hear right during that last BB Can episode that this week's Survivor is two hours? Awesome.

BBCan owns, this is a great season, and Ika is the best

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I think they should go back to Africa. I loved how endangered and miserable everyone was.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

inferis posted:

I think they should go back to Africa. I loved how endangered and miserable everyone was.

Lets see them hide some immunity idols when the tribe is stuck in a small circle.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I'd love it but I'd assume the sheer horror, danger, and life threatening hell of Africa and Australia would just be too much of a shock to modern Survivor players and fans.

I mean, even Borneo had Gervese eating a rat. The worst thing that happens to modern Survivors is if it rains a lot and they're really, really cold.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Lets see them hide some immunity idols when the tribe is stuck in a small circle.

"Where's Tai?"
"He went looking for an idol and got eaten by a lion."

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I like the story about the producer screaming at the tribe for endangering the crew members.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I am watching the seasons from the beginning and I can't believe they're still pushing the "survival" aspect by season 4 after 2 and 3

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my favorite moment of all stars is you see people from the newer seasons carefully boiling water to ensure there is no bacteria while rudy and sue just drink water straight from the well

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

inferis posted:

I am watching the seasons from the beginning and I can't believe they're still pushing the "survival" aspect by season 4 after 2 and 3

It definitely peaks at Africa but I still think there's some "survival" going at least to Pearl Islands when Savage's tribe is basically on suicide watch. Granted, that was made worse by the "steal some stuff from the tribe" thing but it did kind of show how badly it could get if you just lose 1 or 2 essential items vs if you had some people who knew what they were doing like Russell/Sandra's tribe.

But somewhere along the line we got to that one stupid tribe that ate all their rice and then asked Jeff for more.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

thexerox123 posted:

It's showing the immunity winner.

What's funny is it's actually not. :allears:

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

its me glenda posted:

my favorite moment of all stars is you see people from the newer seasons carefully boiling water to ensure there is no bacteria while rudy and sue just drink water straight from the well

To be honest I'd probably drink it too. If production just put the water there before the game & it's all sealed up? Why not. No one's ever gotten sick from the water before, right?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

To be fair, they aren't exactly hiding it in the latest season. Canteen chat at the well is the half the screen time

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Andrew_1985 posted:

To be honest I'd probably drink it too. If production just put the water there before the game & it's all sealed up? Why not. No one's ever gotten sick from the water before, right?

I mean, we've had a few medi-evacs for stomach issues and we probably don't see the amount of diarrhea and stomach distress they go through that doesn't take them out of the game.

But you do raise a fair point. If those wells are build by the crew and they're just dumping clean water in then its not like they're pulling from a creek. I guess. I have absolutely no true knowledge of this stuff.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I believe they do tell them to boil it anyway for safety's sake even though they are tossing clean water in there.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

curiousCat posted:

What's funny is it's actually not. :allears:

I should have qualified my statement with I assume!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Andrew_1985 posted:

A lot of the illness you would get from drinking bad water wouldn't show up until late or after the game though, so pretty easy to hide it.

For the most part though the water is probably okay, but they still have no way to keep all the insects and parasites out of the water.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I feel like if you pay attention to the post-show stuff there's always a couple of Survivors who spent like a week in the hospital on IVs. Some of that's probably just dehydration and malnourishment but I've definitely heard some of them talk about bad parasites and poo poo and that they were messed up for awhile.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I feel like if you pay attention to the post-show stuff there's always a couple of Survivors who spent like a week in the hospital on IVs. Some of that's probably just dehydration and malnourishment but I've definitely heard some of them talk about bad parasites and poo poo and that they were messed up for awhile.

Yeah, wasn't Tony off work for like a month after Cagayan with Parasitic Armageddon or something?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I think lex said he had health problems for like a year

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Sandra wasn't on All-Stars because of parasites.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i know sandra and sophie were both in the hospital for a number of weeks after their seasons

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Celery Jello posted:

It's been good so far, the twists haven't been TOO ridiculous. It's basically BBCAN Fans vs Favorites, and they actually got a good crop (give or take a Dallas). I'm a huge fan of the token older lady, Karen, even though she has no shot to win.

I can only keep up so well, though, it's hard to find non-:files: means of watching it, and the YouTube streams, when they exist, tend to consist of the very letterboxed, slowed down stuff that's really irritating to watch.

Karen's starting to do really well. She's essentially HoH by proxy this week, and that last eviction totally blew up the social structure in the house.

Also, some proxies do work with global's website. Free episodes and feeds!

Anyway I'll make an op if there isn't a thread later on tonight. BBCan has been fantastic this year.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Previously....

on Survivor

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Can we please just move past this poo poo.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Yeah, I'm skipping the previously on Survivor tonight.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I just want another gross food challenge. :(

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly, the recap and talk about the tribal wasn't that bad. I think it did a nice job touching on it, but didn't really go overboard. It was just a quick few minutes of the group processing it and then the show moved on.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

This will be great if Tai gets a third idol from this.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Wait what was under the tarp?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Waiting for them to give an advantage to Tai and Culpepper.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm Cirie. Brad couldn't be less subtle about that.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

Crackers and iced tea.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Debbie is insane

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

13 crackers with a piece of cheese and a bottle of iced tea that they'd split if two people didn't volunteer to skip the feast.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Debbie is insane.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Oh hey Cirie is on this show.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

DurosKlav posted:

Waiting for them to give an advantage to Tai and Culpepper.

Under the cheese tray, Tai finds another Idol.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

So Michaela is winning immunity right?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So she's definitely winning immunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Lone Goat posted:

So Michaela is winning immunity right?

100%