Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

lol if you play a game that unironically employs people who got fired from developing eve online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

lol if you play a game that unironically employs people who got fired from developing eve online

:si:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

:allears:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 18, 2017

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

lol if you play a game that unironically employs people who got fired from developing mmos

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I dont remember that tidbit.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Charles Bukowski posted:

I dont remember that tidbit.

He was hired...shockingly...around the time that decisions were going from bad to terrible.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here
I totally want to play this game again and its cool to see these familiar faces still posting. (I was that dumb arcane mage from like 1-2 years ago)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
its been....

two years?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lastgirl posted:

its been....

two years?

Early Access.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hobocrunch posted:

I totally want to play this game again and its cool to see these familiar faces still posting. (I was that dumb arcane mage from like 1-2 years ago)

hi

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Sup hoblo

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Will darkfall release on may 5th kill Albion or is there not much cross over between the two populations?

Personally I'm more hype for darkfall than Albion at this point.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

pass on this version of darkfall, i think the 4th version of darkfall will really be the most successful one imo

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

hobocrunch posted:

Basically this thread is the MMO HMO toilet and we all post here for shits, except for WRAITH who seriousposts that this isn't a bad game.

Glad to see you too friend

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
the fourth launch of darkfall online! its gonna be h*ckin epic awesomesauce

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Im surprised I never played darkfall with how much I played ultima online with goons. Isnt there legendary drama with that game?

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Charles Bukowski posted:

Im surprised I never played darkfall with how much I played ultima online with goons. Isnt there legendary drama with that game?

You could try it for free right with like 10x XP. Bad graphics, no tutorial but combat is kinda fun.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Thanks, but I'm done with mmo's in general. I played a week of black desert then gave up. Money well spent there. I think Archeage really killed the genre for me.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
There is a simple rule of thumb to not getting burned by MMOs. Never play a korean MMO. Germany MMOs however are like volkswagon. You think you've got an environmentally safe car for 2 years then you find out it's causing everyone cancer and putting out 30x the smog. UK MMOs take your money and give grand promises but then only release after they hit financial trouble and you get 1/8 the game. US MMOs get sold to german companies or go out of business before they get released.

Hope this helped!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

forge posted:

There is a simple rule of thumb to not getting burned by MMOs. Never play a korean MMO. Germany MMOs however are like volkswagon. You think you've got an environmentally safe car for 2 years then you find out it's causing everyone cancer and putting out 30x the smog. UK MMOs take your money and give grand promises but then only release after they hit financial trouble and you get 1/8 the game. US MMOs get sold to german companies or go out of business before they get released.

Hope this helped!

:iiapa:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

all games are bad hth

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

forge posted:

There is a simple rule of thumb to not getting burned by MMOs. Never play a korean MMO. Germany MMOs however are like volkswagon. You think you've got an environmentally safe car for 2 years then you find out it's causing everyone cancer and putting out 30x the smog. UK MMOs take your money and give grand promises but then only release after they hit financial trouble and you get 1/8 the game. US (after 2004) MMOs get sold to german companies or go out of business before they get released.

Hope this helped!

Fixed! zug zug

I think the market is dead until a solid platform is released, like spatialos but working better.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
I thought most US MMOs were being sold to Chinese companies these days.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

BadLlama posted:

all games are bad hth

this seems right. you just pick the one you want to be burned by

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Charles Bukowski posted:

Thanks, but I'm done with mmo's in general. I played a week of black desert then gave up. Money well spent there. I think Archeage really killed the genre for me.

Archeage was great until they made p2w a thing despite all of the stupid poo poo that they did with the lack of known exploit fixes and that stupid weapon tag grind, piracy was the greatest

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

working mom posted:

Archeage was great until they made p2w a thing despite all of the stupid poo poo that they did with the lack of known exploit fixes and that stupid weapon tag grind, piracy was the greatest

This was the only good part of ArcheAge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0w4PbexKtg

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I suspect the MMO market will recover at around the time the US implements a basic income.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

FireWhizzle posted:

This was the only good part of ArcheAge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0w4PbexKtg

Huh, I stopped playing before cars, but I don't remember being able to do this to pack tractor things, did they make it so you could do this to them as well? If so that's evil

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Operation roadblock was drat hilarious sometimes. Also stealing fishing boats. Fish goon fuckery.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I'm always impressed by how little actual gameplay criticism Archeage gets. Shame, it could probably be a sweet game if it wasn't mismanaged so badly.
I leveled a bit and enjoyed it for a few days until goons told me it's bad.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Shy posted:

I'm always impressed by how little actual gameplay criticism Archeage gets. Shame, it could probably be a sweet game if it wasn't mismanaged so badly.
I leveled a bit and enjoyed it for a few days until goons told me it's bad.

If you want game play criticism here it is: the game play is poo poo.

From day one PvP was a battle of the credit cards. End game content was poo poo when I stopped. The only entertainment was griefing people in ever more elaborate ways and making fun of goons gooning to the Nth degree.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

bird food bathtub posted:

If you want game play criticism here it is: the game play is poo poo.

From day one PvP was a battle of the credit cards. End game content was poo poo when I stopped. The only entertainment was griefing people in ever more elaborate ways and making fun of goons gooning to the Nth degree.

Greifing the swipers was minty fresh

working mom posted:

Huh, I stopped playing before cars, but I don't remember being able to do this to pack tractor things, did they make it so you could do this to them as well? If so that's evil

Tractors are anchored to the ground, cars are not while moving. Once they stop they anchor

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

FireWhizzle posted:

Tractors are anchored to the ground, cars are not while moving. Once they stop they anchor

Shame, though it'd have made for some interesting trade routes if they weren't i suppose

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Upon launch I shall name my character "Kimsemus" (since it will be available).
I will be the biggest cheerleader for AO.
I will poop sock and praise the 5v5 system.
There must be balance in the universe.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SamEyeAm posted:

same

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

SamEyeAm posted:

namaste

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

SamEyeAm posted:

heavy is the head that wears the crown friend! :toot:

forge
Feb 26, 2006
So in a heavy twist of fate I know you guys are all ready for this news.. BUT...

They have once again decided to make huge changes just two months before release. Access to black will be through a portal in the red city in the center of the royals. They are removing all the docks. Black will be getting reworked again because currently it's too big (aka not enough hardcore players). They will be introducing the blackmarket, this is actually the only good thing to come about (and from Korn). Rep system is still banning pvpers to black. All this will happen in just 81 days if you worked a 7 day week.

Also I got kicked out of RT on Monday. Bercilak made a post with changes that included how access was to be handled. Now all the guilds who own territory.. their guild leaders will be invited. So some don't speak english, others are already muted or banned from the forums. The guild im in now (same people as last beta) have 14? territories in black currently and are ranked 5th in game. The GM got invited to RT, made a joke about selling the discord invite for 5k gold coins and was promptly removed LOL. So now our guild has no one in RT. You can also get in there by being in the top fame and now owning a territory so small guilds still have a chance! Crafting 8.2 gvg gear gives you like 100k fame. Which is more than most guilds can generate, so if you want to get in RT just create a alt guild and craft. Also when you don't get enough fame or own territories you get removed from RT. So basically you get to make a forum post then see some people reply then get removed from RT.

I've asked around and basically if you weren't a YES man you aren't there.

But lets be serious. RT was never anything of value because the entirety of the RT population for the MOST PART would give feedback and then SI would just blindly do the opposite which is really no shock to anyone who's been here for a while. Problem getting casuals to black, not enough population in black? I know lets put the only way to get there in the center of the pvp city!

Basically I assume there are maybe 3000 actual players who can live in black with the current setup. Probably not the best market strategy in a game. Don't know though all the other full loot pvp mmos always do well.

So I think Kimsemus needs to get another account and then we create a guild and take a single territory to make sure he gets in RT.

Want in RT simply craft high end gear and sell for profit on AH.

Want in RT simply create an alt guild and get a territory. More than half the guilds own 3 or less territories in total. Many only own one. But the biggest LOL is only 42 guilds in the entire game own any territory!

ALSO LOL how Zorn dude is the highest fame in the game and their guild is literally the last in the list...

forge fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm just shocked. And shook.

2DCAT fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 27, 2017

• Locked thread