Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Or they could make better games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ryoga posted:

I will not accept anyone slandering house of the dead 5 like this.

I've heard it's good but it sounds like a completely different game from what I would like out of an Until Dawn sequel.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

incorporeal posted:

Thinking of getting a KS8000. For the people who have had it for a bit, how are you liking it? No regrets?

Nah if you got the cash spoiler yourself. I hate the remote though. It's on sale often. I'm no expert but I think this is the time new TVs come out and others drop in price so maybe wait if you want..?

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Horizon chat, i arrived to the "dungeon" at sunfall, and the game was pretty freaking direct about this being a *POINT OF NO RETURN*, so, is it like the end of the game? Or will i be allowed to roam around after it? Still got stuff that needs collecting and hunting challenges to do.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

It's hilariously not a point of no return. You get slightly restricted in where you can go without a costume that you get at the end of the mission, that's it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PacoPepe posted:

Horizon chat, i arrived to the "dungeon" at sunfall, and the game was pretty freaking direct about this being a *POINT OF NO RETURN*, so, is it like the end of the game? Or will i be allowed to roam around after it? Still got stuff that needs collecting and hunting challenges to do.

That's just a temporary point of no return, you can't walk away from that mission without beating it. There's a lot of game left afterward.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Unreal_One posted:

It's hilariously not a point of no return. You get slightly restricted in where you can go without a costume that you get at the end of the mission, that's it.

You do?!

I never wore that costume :shrug:

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

It's only that town. And I'm not actually sure if it restricts you, or makes the guards aggro, or does nothing.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Thanks!.....i wonder why they chose that serious tone, it was almost breaking the 4th wall.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
You have to finish it and can't quick travel. I think some other side missions can very subtly affect it too that you might want to finish but I might be misremembering.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a was to play catherine on the ps4?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

DoctorGonzo posted:

Is there a was to play catherine on the ps4?

I believe it's on PSNow.

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.

bloodychill posted:

You have to finish it and can't quick travel. I think some other side missions can very subtly affect it too that you might want to finish but I might be misremembering.

You can't quick travel back to specific points but you can quick travel after that mission. I quick traveled right to the gates of the sacred land and then ran past all the eclipse to get straight to that thunderjaw and kick its rear end.

I just started Nier: Automata yesterday. So far I've seen ending W because I think I'm a bad rear end and can start every game on hard on my first playthrough (I am wrong). I've also seen ending T because that was funny and I knew it would happen.

I have just finished meeting the evolved machines underground and defeated the YoRHa traitors. I suppose I could advance the story by going up to the bunker but I enjoy doing the little side missions so far. Father Servo is currently my favorite but he's a black belt now and I'm still level 17. Judging by what people in this thread say I guess this game hasn't really started kicking me in the stomach yet.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Alright, so I beat Chapter 1 of Metal Gear Solid 5. I don't feel like replaying the earlier missions if I can help it. What do I need to do to trigger the relevant story missions in Chapter 2?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Shadow225 posted:

Alright, so I beat Chapter 1 of Metal Gear Solid 5. I don't feel like replaying the earlier missions if I can help it. What do I need to do to trigger the relevant story missions in Chapter 2?

You never have to do any of the repeat missions. Make sure to listen to all gold tapes. You may need to do side ops to push time forward

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You never have to do any of the repeat missions. Make sure to listen to all gold tapes. You may need to do side ops to push time forward

you are a saint

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Unreal_One posted:

It's only that town. And I'm not actually sure if it restricts you, or makes the guards aggro, or does nothing.

Trying to approach the town afterwards gets a pop-up message of "you can't go further without the disguise on".

Also it's not so much a point of no return as "this is gonna take a while, and you won't get a chance to restock your poo poo."

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

just fyi, the repeat missions with the extreme equipment conditions are very fun

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Unreal_One posted:

it just gives you a message saying you need to equip the armor before you can go in and kicks you back a few feet,

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

For anyone who really wants to play the New Hot Shots Golf early, Japan is getting an online beta next month.

To register you have to go on the Japanese PSN store and download a participation ticket, you have until May 7th and if you're accepted you'll get an e-mail on the 11th.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

just fyi, the repeat missions with the extreme equipment conditions are very fun

No, not really.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Gotta say this is a GREAT time to be an SNK fan, SNK's support of the PS4 has been outstanding with a ton of their games available on it.

Besides that though I have a stupid question, I was always under the impression that PSN stuff doesn't get released til Tuesday when they update it each week, but SNK and the ACA published SNK games like, they just don't give a gently caress and release them whenever? Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 2 came out on a Wednesday, Art of Fighting hits tomorrow, like can any publisher do that?

Since fall of last year SNK keeps just announcing out of nowhere every couple of weeks "oh hey [classic and/or amazing 2D fighting game] is coming out in two days" on Twitter. It's awesome.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Releasing on Tuesday (or Thursday here in Japan) seems to be nothing but tradition anymore, and publishers can just ignore it if they want to.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Tuesday release tradition needs to get shifted to Friday because Tuesday is the most depressing day to release games. Wooo can't wait to put some hours into this after banging out 80% of my work week.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Friday is the traditional release day here but more and more it's being pushed to other days of the week to be in line with either the US, the rest of Europe or whenever the publishers feel like.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Thursday seems like a good day, like with movies. A lot of people have short days on Fridays and then it's the weekend.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

bloodychill posted:

Thursday seems like a good day, like with movies. A lot of people have short days on Fridays and then it's the weekend.

Movies generally release on Wednesday North America. :eng101:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
gently caress the weekend, that's when I have plans for real life poo poo. Gaming gets done on off work hours during the week for me so I am a-ok with Tuesday releases.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Real hurthling! posted:

Fine you come beat one hit kill sniper missions for me if they're so fun.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo should I start with Persona 5, or Nier Automata, assuming I rented, and now have btoh.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nier I guess since it's shorter. 40 hours versus 80 though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

Nier I guess since it's shorter. 40 hours versus 80 though.

Actually Persona 5's about 100 hours, average. You'd need to really rush to push 80.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I finally finished one of the five or so big good games of the first part of 2017 (SRWV). I guess I'll finally finish Nier's last canon ending and then get into Horizon, which I have barely started.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Movies generally release on Wednesday North America. :eng101:

That's wierd, i've been following boxofficemojo for years and I was under the impression they release on fridays

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

The subsistence missions were my favourite in the game.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Wandle Cax posted:

That's wierd, i've been following boxofficemojo for years and I was under the impression they release on fridays

I could be wrong, but at least when I was a kid and able to see movies in the theater on opening week back on the 90s, they pretty much always opened on Wednesdays. Then again this was before the era of midnight showings.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I don't live there so maybe it works differently in actual practice but just going by this page http://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/ it looks like major releases come out on fridays, which makes sense with the way they measure the opening weekend as being friday, saturday, sunday

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Friday releases have been standard for a long time except when holidays altered the schedule. A lot of theaters did midnight screenings because that was the earliest they could start screening, and it's crept earlier and earlier over the years

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
In the uk there are almost always advanced screenings on thursday but the official release is a friday :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just discovered the first pass military building and im bored out of my mind in HZD. I wish i have buyed Persona 5 or Yakuza 0 instead. After Witcher 3 i think i have open world fatigue and im serious considering buying the complete edition of that game again.