Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Thanks to my learning Japanese ( :grin: ) I noticed a funny issue around the Akihabara arcade story. They talk about a game called Gun About which is just a complete nonsense phrase. You can see the game screen in some shots and it shows that the Japanese name is Gunna Baouto which would be translated as Gunner Bout. But in the same screen the Japanese writers also put in some probably machine translated English that says Gun About so the localizers probably had to stick with that so the speaking didn't clash with the written words on the arcade screen. So everyone just sounds like dumbasses when they talk about it. Owned, Prrsona 5 localizers!!!

gun about sounds better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ganna* sorry not gunna

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

gun about sounds better

Oi mate fancy a gun about with the six piece

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

When you say six piece does that mean a magnum???? Because yes I will go on a gun about w makoto anytime

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

In Training posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Successfully friendzoned Ann.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I feel like every party member so far has suffered some form of severe distress/trauma in their past and then there's Ann who was called a dumb rear end bubble headed bitch, which she is. Not exactly on the same playing field as everyone else.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I feel like every party member so far has suffered some form of severe distress/trauma in their past and then there's Ann who was called a dumb rear end bubble headed bitch, which she is. Not exactly on the same playing field as everyone else.

she's decent. much better in the early months but after that she's mostly unremarkable. also makoto is standing right there

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Ann's confidant storyline is all over the place and ultimately unsatisfying as a character story. She's definitely in competition for worst Confidant in the game.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

brainwrinkle posted:

Ann's confidant storyline is all over the place and ultimately unsatisfying as a character story. She's definitely in competition for worst Confidant in the game.

fortune

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

devil is pretty weak

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i am within 2 hours of the end of the game and i don't want the ride to be over

gonna ng+ this for sure

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like ANn because she's normal

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
im all over a ng+ run if atlus ever decides to unlock the fuckin' screenshot feature

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

corn on the cop posted:

im all over a ng+ run if atlus ever decides to unlock the fuckin' screenshot feature

im starting one the second i beat it

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Ann is a billion times better than Yukari at least

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

word of advice imps if a random mob has no weaknesses its totally weak to status affects

made killing king frosts super easy when i found out ryuji's headbut made them forget their skill almost 100 percent of the time

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

corn on the cop posted:

its the most I've wanted to screenshot a PS4 game and share is turned off

makes me wanna cry....

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

omg I was so confused by Igor's voice the whole game, then it turns out it's a fake Igor who is a cup god

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

the scene at the diner with mishima and futaba owns lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fumaofthelake posted:

Ann is a billion times better than Yukari at least

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

brainwrinkle posted:

It's because her character is classic cliche anime that everyone has seen a billion times before. She just stops talking about her friend for like five levels instead opting to move on to terrible model bullshit that I skipped through. Uwa, I'm gonna be the best model ever!! Hai. gently caress off

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
TFW you're steeling yourself for playthrough number 2

maybe I'll take a day to play something else and recuperate

enjoy this awesome game everyone

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's because her character is classic cliche anime that everyone has seen a billion times before. She just stops talking about her friend for like five levels instead opting to move on to terrible model bullshit that I skipped through. Uwa, I'm gonna be the best model ever!! Hai. gently caress off

Yeah they should have stuck more with the guilty friend angle instead of the dumb model stuff. It's also weird because during the Madarame arc she's like "Me? A model???" but then you do her S. Link and she models all the time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's weird bc it seems like she barley even knows how to be a model but also apparently makes a lot of money from it and lived in both Finland and California for extended periods of time. She lived 3 lifetimes in the span of 12 years

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Of the confidants I didn't max in my first playthrough, 3 were late game and/or locked behind level 5 social stats so I ran out of time, and the other was Lovers because I'd rather hang out with Yusuke instead.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Maybe I just don't remember P3 as well as I thought I did. I'd replay it but that sounds like a nightmare at this point

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
just play persona 5 with the P3 skins

Morgana is the best aigis yet

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i need it to goddamn rain because i want to go to mementos. its pissing me off it hasnt rained in like 10 days

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

HORMELCHILI posted:

im starting one the second i beat it

About how many hours did you put into it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

i need it to goddamn rain because i want to go to mementos. its pissing me off it hasnt rained in like 10 days

what does rain do to mementos

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

what does rain do to mementos

Harder enemies, better items/chests

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

pollens evn better because youg et harder enemies and better items but the enemies usually start asleep in the field

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

pollens evn better because youg et harder enemies and better items but the enemies usually start asleep in the field

:yeah: It doesn't happen as often though.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Speaking of Mementos, has anyone managed to kill Death with the flu during flu season? I know Carmen gets a skill that increases the likelihood of modifiers like that affecting enemies, wondering if that makes it easier to accomplish.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Speaking of Mementos, has anyone managed to kill Death with the flu during flu season? I know Carmen gets a skill that increases the likelihood of modifiers like that affecting enemies, wondering if that makes it easier to accomplish.

My impression was that enemies start the battle with that particular ailment or they just don't get it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
tip for players still kinda early in: if you're going to try and max temperance asap, get it done before summer break starts. the teach won't hit you up til after break is over.

• Locked thread