Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
At some point someone was like "Harden is shooting a higher percentage than Westbrook" and I had to double-check. Yep.

What a turnaround in the third quarter for those two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Welp looks like Harden is winning that MVP

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Lots of salt about Russ not getting the bailout but crickets on the free three points after the uncalled backcourt violation :wooper:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

Lots of salt about Russ not getting the bailout but crickets on the free three points after the uncalled backcourt violation :wooper:

the announcers wouldn't shut up about for the rest of the game

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Intruder posted:

Who cares what happens after the game is over tho

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lol, Stotts has wisely gone with my idea of starting Turner, Vonleh and Harkless in the front court, cause Meyers Leonard is a trash man.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

EvanTH posted:

Who cares what happens after the game is over tho

Fair

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

good poo poo rockets that was far from their best game but they made enough shots good work hail satan

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Ghost Dog posted:

man this a dumb post

to call it even cause other people get the bad call is pretty reductionist, if you actually watch the game you see westbrook being a dumbass and driving into the lane with 3 dudes infront of him, all of whom hit him cause its the playoffs. he shouldnt be rewarded for barreling into dudes just like harden shouldnt be rewarded for jacking a shot up as soon as someone goes over a screen. contact is contact, just because theres a screen involved someone being sort of near you isnt magically some heinous crime

its literally the way the game has been called for a while now and they should take a look at it because it discourages going over, not because one player is smarter about drawing it than most of the league. I agree with you that its bad for the game but whining about harden specifically is like whining about gary payton when it was really handchecking that was dumb as poo poo

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Did not expect to see McCaw starting tonight

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point
shout out to Ryan Anderson for his performance tonight

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

candide posted:

argh

also glanced at bref and looks like that was the 2nd most FGA in nba playoff history for russ (jordan #1 and tied for #2 with rwb)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If the Blazers still had Plums tonight would clearly be the night he gets that triple double.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

candide posted:

ryan anderson can only get 12 or 3 rebounds. there is no inbetween

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
lou williams should get a game 2 mvp medal or something for keeping the game close enough for westbrook to spaghetti all over it

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Time posted:

its literally the way the game has been called for a while now and they should take a look at it because it discourages going over, not because one player is smarter about drawing it than most of the league. I agree with you that its bad for the game but whining about harden specifically is like whining about gary payton when it was really handchecking that was dumb as poo poo

i am mad about his diabolical need to probe at the rules like some sort of basketball mad scientist

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Time posted:

that's a terrible comparison

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Jota posted:

Not only that, Harden has done it more than most entire teams this year IIRC. Second-most was Lou

E: Harden got fouled on 40% of 3s this year I believe

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Jota posted:

it actually is incredibly bad, im just trying to make the point that the league should evaluate it writ large rather than with a specific focus on a single player. I think encouraging less stoppages like that would probably be good for the game, even if it makes james harden and my favorite team slightly less effective.

Ghost Dog posted:

i am mad about his diabolical need to probe at the rules like some sort of basketball mad scientist

its incredibly funny to me because its almost performance art

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Listen it's really funny to me to watch some of the biggest whiners about the calls Kobe would get change their tune, please don't stop them.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i also feel like that call was nowhere near as common last year but maybe i have amnesia

i like harden a lot tho, his brand of driving at the basket when hes not fishing for fouls is probably the most entertaining outside of like, kyrie. i feel like kyrie fucks up the finish way more often meanwhile it feels like harden is shooting 100% against enes kanter currently

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Time posted:

it actually is incredibly bad, im just trying to make the point that the league should evaluate it writ large rather than with a specific focus on a single player. I think encouraging less stoppages like that would probably be good for the game, even if it makes james harden and my favorite team slightly less effective.

its incredibly funny to me because its almost performance art

I hate that poo poo but he did make Kyle Singler fall on a crossover

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Rick posted:

Listen it's really funny to me to watch some of the biggest whiners about the calls Kobe would get change their tune, please don't stop them.

imagine whining about calls in here ever, lmao

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Boosh! posted:

I hate that poo poo but he did make Kyle Singler fall on a crossover

That and what he did to Kanter must be what the thrill of bullfighting is sort of about except no one gets stabbed or gored....or sand in their tighties. Livestock don't get put down. I guess it really isn't that much alike.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Time posted:

I like Harden and I get what you are saying but he does it so much more than anyone else in the league to such a huge degree that there is no almost no way that type of play can be discussed without the focus being on Harden. Plus Harden is so blatant and constant about pulling that stuff and selling contact to work the refs that he's got that rep with fans. Doesn't hurt him with refs though so whatever keep doing his thing but a decent amount of people still aren't gonna like it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

steph's dribbling misadventure

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Jota posted:

I like Harden and I get what you are saying but he does it so much more than anyone else in the league to such a huge degree that there is no almost no way that type of play can be discussed without the focus being on Harden. Plus Harden is so blatant and constant about pulling that stuff and selling contact to work the refs that he's got that rep with fans. Doesn't hurt him with refs though so whatever keep doing his thing but a decent amount of people still aren't gonna like it

I'm with you on less stoppages from that. everyone rolls their eyes at it

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Portland is just bad

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005
Warriors are better without Durant...

danucleus
Nov 22, 2007
hmm

DeimosRising posted:

Portland is just bad

Crabb is so bad

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
This is shameful. Finish the sweep. Dump crabbe dump Meyers maybe dump Turner. Let's get this over with.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
T him up

Nurkic enters from smoke after halftime calling it

Brolander fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 20, 2017

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I hope when Draymond Green retires he replaces Shaq on Inside the NBA.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
no one is allowed to jaw at the refs as much as Green

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i love me some 'Vale but he is absolutely, hilariously useless doing anything but catching lob dunks, his one nba skill

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

steph's dribbling misadventure

I wish I were rich enough to hire stiffs to just let me ball on them all day

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd