Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
No, I don't care about Syria, that's what I'm saying. I care about the fact that like half my friends have PhDs and can't get jobs that cover their rent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Pick posted:

What's the third most populous city in Syria

Name one district of Syria

Name one of Syria's non-petroleum major exports (e: pre-war obviously)

Tell me if the American retirement age has gone up

Berlin

the ISIS caliphate

self driving trucks

lol you can't retire in America thanks to neoliberal and neoconservative policies

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Pick posted:

No, I don't care about Syria, that's what I'm saying. I care about the fact that like half my friends have PhDs and can't get jobs that cover their rent.

legit question, what disciplines?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Pick posted:

You ought to think a rapist is a piece of poo poo you rear end in a top hat.

We all hate Bill Clinton.

But seriously, who did Trump rape? Nobody. It's laughable that anyone is still trying to frame the "grab'em by the pussy" as sexual assault when he was specifically talking about what his groupies let him do.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Yeah this Pick post is basically democrats.txt and is exactly why no one likes them anymore.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blue Raider posted:

legit question, what disciplines?

STEM biology, chemistry, physics

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Pick posted:

oregon.txt

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Yug posted:

Yeah this Pick post is basically democrats.txt and is exactly why no one likes them anymore.

i must be missing something because I'm a terminal degree having moderate republican and i basically agree. what am i missing?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

spacetoaster posted:

We all hate Bill Clinton.

But seriously, who did Trump rape? Nobody. It's laughable that anyone is still trying to frame the "grab'em by the pussy" as sexual assault when he was specifically talking about what his groupies let him do.

Marla Maples.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Pick posted:

that's some crazy specialization. you know there are more components to a plant than just stems :smugdog:

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Blue Raider posted:

as the ombudsman of this thread, i have to admit that pick has a point that most americans dont give a gently caress about syria beyond correctly not wanting random refugees

also correct

you in middle tn?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Pick posted:

tell them to move to texas

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

bonerjam posted:

also correct

you in middle tn?

gig city, chattanooga

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Blue Raider posted:

i must be missing something because I'm a terminal degree having moderate republican and i basically agree. what am i missing?

this is the greatest burn, bravo sir

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Ultimately, I think a lot of things would be super nice & swell but at the end of the day I want an Earth that is not destroyed and an education system that makes American workers the best and wealthiest on the planet.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

this is the greatest burn, bravo sir

:-*

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
http://youtu.be/NmxiCi7l7y0
Watch this crowd get fired up. Such enthusiasm.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Your position is understandable, based on where you are coming from

the thing is, there was a time when Democrats provided an alternative to that

the joke is that now Democrats are just moderate Republicans with a different name

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Focus on foreign policy is ridiculous when the average American just wants to hear "USA will remain top dog and if anyone messes with us we'll gently caress 'em up."

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

Your position is understandable, based on where you are coming from

the thing is, there was a time when Democrats provided an alternative to that

the joke is that now Democrats are just moderate Republicans with a different name

you can blame LBJ for that one. and its a complicated blame. complicated as friday's crossword

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Pick posted:

Ultimately, I think a lot of things would be super nice & swell but at the end of the day I want an Earth that is not destroyed and an education system that makes American workers the best and wealthiest on the planet.

perhaps you could find a time machine that leads to 1953 except for the whole not destroying the planet wholesale thing

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Krustic posted:

http://youtu.be/NmxiCi7l7y0
Watch this crowd get fired up. Such enthusiasm.

crowd was probably shook from the flashbacks to the repeated humiliations suffered in high school gyms

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Pick posted:

Focus on foreign policy is ridiculous when the average American just wants to hear "USA will remain top dog and if anyone messes with us we'll gently caress 'em up."

to be honest it really sounds like you want to MAGA but are hung up on idpol issues

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

to be honest it really sounds like you want to MAGA but are hung up on idpol issues

for real

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Pick posted:

Marla Maples.

What happened? If he raped whoever this is why wasn't it front page news for the entire election cycle?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

i care about the earth, but sure, go ahead and rain toxic destruction from the sky in some other country. that never has ecological consequences. what, compound a massive refuge crisis? sure, that won't put extra strain on surrounding nations' infrastructure, forcing governments to continue funneling their resources into protecting the status quo instead of giving them an opportunity to be in a comfortable enough position to even think about the future.

i'm just worried about our economy and its workers so lets focus the nation's attention on another incredibly costly, meaningless war that will need to be financed. but gently caress you if you think we're going to raise taxes. let's just cut the social safety net, that will definitely lead to an education system that makes American workers the best and wealthiest on the planet.

you're a nut

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

RaySmuckles posted:

i think painting swathes of people with a broad brush, thinking you know what they want better than them, telling them they're wrong both ethically and factually, and thinking you know what's best for everyone while discounting the very things they're saying is a major problem with the modern democratic party and its liberal ideology.

like your post is "what's wrong with democrats" in a nutshell

That's just it. A huge portion of the left has convinced itself that it literally doesn't need to make an argument for its positions any more, they're so self-evidently virtuous and advantageous that it's completely unnecessary to argue in favor of them. They actually think that a Bill Maher routine late night is all that's needed.

It's not just the positions themselves, it's the self-assured bullshit. Any suggestion that "hey you may need to re-think things" or "these are obvious problems with your position, how will you address them" is met with a barrage of enraged shrieking followd by a party of reassuring each other there's really no problem.

To take JUST ONE example, how many times has someone made some snarky joke about "lol her emailz" dismissing the whole thing as just a fabricated scandal? Over and over again, but never with any actual reason. People would point to others in jail; even General Petraeus got at least a slap on the wrist - but with Hillary it's not just "not prosecuted" it's literally "well it's just not real because reasons"

Or - if they at least admit Hillary was poo poo - it's blase assurance that Bernie would have won. Perhaps he would have, but regardless - Bernie was never condescending. Bernie did not take a poo poo over people with different beliefs. His supporters do. Bernie bors are not worthy of Bernie Sanders, who, loony as his ideas are, is a decent man.

It's people completely terrified that they might have to admit that their opponents are not terrible in every conceivable way. "The other party are Uruk-hai" is not just a losing platform, it's a sign of complete detachment from reality.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull posted:

for real though once you go north of Westchester people loving hated her with the fire of a thousand suns

if Trump carried NY I would not have been shocked

Hillary promised 100,000 new jobs in Upstate NY as senator, and during her term the region actually lost jobs

After she left the Senate, she came back to Western New York and a reporter tried to ask her "what ever happened to those 100,000 jobs you promised?" and got promptly shoved to the ground by Hillary's security team

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

RaySmuckles posted:

i care about the earth, but sure, go ahead and rain toxic destruction from the sky in some other country. that never has ecological consequences. what, compound a massive refuge crisis? sure, that won't put extra strain on surrounding nations' infrastructure, forcing governments to continue funneling their resources into protecting the status quo instead of giving them an opportunity to be in a comfortable enough position to even think about the future.

i'm just worried about our economy and its workers so lets focus the nation's attention on another incredibly costly, meaningless war that will need to be financed. but gently caress you if you think we're going to raise taxes. let's just cut the social safety net, that will definitely lead to an education system that makes American workers the best and wealthiest on the planet.

you're a nut

She is a mainstream democrat.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Pick posted:

Marla Maples.

Did you mean Ivana? I googled Marla, but this was all I found.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/27/ex-wife-donald-trump-made-feel-violated-during-sex.html

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

spacetoaster posted:

What happened? If he raped whoever this is why wasn't it front page news for the entire election cycle?

Pick means Ivana Trump, Marla Maples was Trump's mistress

Ivana claimed in the divorce hearing that Trump raped her, but recanted the story later

if it was brought up in the election Trump's team would have just fired back all of Bill's accusers, like they eventually did after those women came forward

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Haha yeesh. I was just playing around with this thread (as usual). Interesting to know what people think, though. Have fun.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

EugeneJ posted:

Hillary promised 100,000 new jobs in Upstate NY as senator, and during her term the region actually lost jobs

After she left the Senate, she came back to Western New York and a reporter tried to ask her "what ever happened to those 100,000 jobs you promised?" and got promptly shoved to the ground by Hillary's security team

lol, irl?

VikingSkull posted:

Ivana claimed in the divorce hearing that Trump raped her, but recanted the story later

if it was brought up in the election Trump's team would have just fired back all of Bill's accusers, like they eventually did after those women came forward

werent trump and marla seen out together though? i seem to recall seeing them on tv in the stands at the opening to the 96 olympics.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Pick posted:

Haha yeesh. I was just playing around with this thread (as usual). Interesting to know what people think, though. Have fun.

it's a good foil because right now there's a Hillary supporter reading this thread and totally fuming about it, and that's good enough for me

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

RaySmuckles posted:

meaningless war

San Francsico could get vaporized and it would still be "meaningless war" wouldn't it?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Pick posted:

come the gently caress on. i even got in your corner a little bit and you chicken poo poo out

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

Yeah I looked at that. Nasty divorce stuff of he said/she said is really difficult to prove.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

it's a good foil because right now there's a Hillary supporter reading this thread and totally fuming about it, and that's good enough for me

i believe theres some actual good sense in this thread. gently caress me, i guess

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Literally my main concern at this point is jobs, and I think Hillary would have been better about it for me and my peeps, but frankly the election is over so I don't really give a poo poo beyond the lessons we learned and moving forward.

Legitimately like Sherrod Brown though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Pick posted:

HA AH HA!! Noobs. You've all been PUPPETMASTERED.

• Locked thread