Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
One Piece.

Train in your path?
Cut it in half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Say Nothing posted:

One Piece.

Train in your path?
Cut it in half.

That's odd. I read that manga years ago and that's not how I remember it occurring.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Say Nothing posted:

One Piece.

Train in your path?
Cut it in half.

It wouldn't be the manga experience without tiny translator's notes in every margin :allears:

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

The Question IRL posted:

That's odd. I read that manga years ago and that's not how I remember it occurring.

:golfclap:

Shooting the flag later in that arc was a much better badass moment, though.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
On the subject of manga...

From Golden Kamui

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

From Golden Kamui

I wish this dude was my dad.

Also I wish I had a dad.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Did they use the infamous tranq'd bear falling out of a tree into a trampoline for reference of the falling bear here? Because it sure looks like it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Have they confirmed what flavor the MK8 cartridge is going to taste like?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

From Golden Kamui

On its own this is badass but knowing more about Professor Penis makes it way better

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mezzanon posted:

I wish this dude was my dad.

Also I wish I had a dad.

same

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Sound FXs: Stand, Grab, Roll.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Injustice 2 #1

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Cassa posted:

Injustice 2 #1

Hypocritical or not, that's a sick burn. Props to crazy despot Superman.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cassa posted:

Injustice 2 #1

Having read most of the first Injustice series, Superman saying Batman will become too extreme in his vengeance for dead loved ones isn't the pot calling the kettle black, it's the pot calling the kettle a pot.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Cassa posted:

Injustice 2 #1

Is he wearing kryptonite bands inside of a red sun prison?

Because if so that's pretty loving cool.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Savidudeosoo posted:

Is he wearing kryptonite bands inside of a red sun prison?

Because if so that's pretty loving cool.

I think they're just more red sun bands? They don't seem to have green on them.

Skwirl posted:

Having read most of the first Injustice series, Superman saying Batman will become too extreme in his vengeance for dead loved ones isn't the pot calling the kettle black, it's the pot calling the kettle a pot.

Well this is after Superman saying that Batman should have done more to help when Superman was trying to deal with all the horrific losses he went through before he went super despot.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Cassa posted:

Injustice 2 #1

This is now my favorite superman and my favorite superman prison.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of Batman/Superman relations, this panel has earth-shattering ramifications for the dc multiverse.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Cassa posted:

Injustice 2 #1

I'm reminded of a similar line in Kingdom Come. I can't tell if this is a reference, since the syntax is pretty different, but I couldn't help but think about it.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Cassa posted:

Injustice 2 #1

well that was rude

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

I'm reminded of a similar line in Kingdom Come. I can't tell if this is a reference, since the syntax is pretty different, but I couldn't help but think about it.

I see bruce's outfit and all i see is proto-vader.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ia this the one where supes burns captain marvel right thru the skull with heat vision

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

frodnonnag posted:

:same:
That was my first thought when I saw that panel.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Ia this the one where supes burns captain marvel right thru the skull with heat vision

That happens in the game proper and not the prequel comic but yes.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yyyyup. Happened at the tail end of Ground Zero.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I think he used his heat vision, but it was about effective as a laser pointer.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Say Nothing posted:

I think he used his heat vision, but it was about effective as a laser pointer.

Where do you get your laser pointers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrkwxMnTfTw

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

frodnonnag posted:

I think he kind of is at that point? His body is all kinds of hosed up from his crime fighting days.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

flosofl posted:

I think he kind of is at that point? His body is all kinds of hosed up from his crime fighting days.

He was also going after fat albert and gang

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
It's Batman's combover that bothers me the most. Like, if nothing else wasn't Bruce Wayne supposed to be kind of dapper?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

It's Batman's combover that bothers me the most. Like, if nothing else wasn't Bruce Wayne supposed to be kind of dapper?

Bruce Wayne has a manservant specifically dedicated to making him not seem like a ridiculous crazy hobo.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

ImpAtom posted:

Bruce Wayne has a manservant specifically dedicated to making him not seem like a ridiculous crazy hobo.

Yeah, but said manservant has been dead for decades by that point.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21HgVloXljM&t=205s

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Yeah, but said manservant has been dead for decades by that point.

Yeah, that was my point Bruce ain't got nobody telling him that poo poo looks bad.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

I love this moment and really does sum up batman. It's also why the comics in which superman and batman don't like each other, even after they've known the other person for an extended period of time, drive me nuts.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 21, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Monaghan posted:

I love this moment and really does sum up batman. It's also why the comics in which superman and batman don't like each other, even after they've known the other person for an extended period of time, drive me nuts.

Injustice is almost entirely about how Superman and Batman are BFFs. :smith:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Monaghan posted:

It's due to Batman not eating pie

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

GrandpaPants posted:

Most folks react to that last panel, that little smirk that Ross pulls off so well. But the real thing, and the thing that makes Kingdom Come as a whole great, is that fourth panel. Most artists would just draw Superman standing all firm or whatever with his one word balloon. But that word balloon, that revelation, is summed up in the look on Supes' face.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ferrule posted:

Most folks react to that last panel, that little smirk that Ross pulls off so well. But the real thing, and the thing that makes Kingdom Come as a whole great, is that fourth panel. Most artists would just draw Superman standing all firm or whatever with his one word balloon. But that word balloon, that revelation, is summed up in the look on Supes' face.

I'd argue that the look of desperation on Supes face in panel 3 is what sells the scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ferrule posted:

Cassaday can do that as well. Well, used to could.