Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

The past few days I've been watching a couple episodes of the dragon maid anime a night and really digging it, but tonight I hit episode six and... now it's just weird and uncomfortable and I don't think I wanna watch more. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sorry

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

is that poo poo a recurring element? i managed to bring myself to finish the episode and fafnir's dynamic with the otaku guy was really adorable, but if there's any more jokes about hitting on an elementary schooler I'm out

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dmboogie posted:

is that poo poo a recurring element? i managed to bring myself to finish the episode and fafnir's dynamic with the otaku guy was really adorable, but if there's any more jokes about hitting on an elementary schooler I'm out
ah, battle programmer shirase

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

oh hell i didn't even look at the last page, I'm sorry dude.

Space Flower posted:

Rooting for your mom.

dmboogie fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Apr 20, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

dmboogie posted:

Congrats you've made it through the worst of it.
It's mostly all laughs from there on out.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its not really recurring. there are like three cut-in gags where the big-boobed dragon absentmindedly smothers the kid with her boobs but theyre like 10 seconds long and stupid. also the other elementary school kid continues to have a crush on the girl dragon but it just becomes a tired gag not really too weird. the supporting cast stuff is all pretty lacking except maybe fafnir and his otaku friend

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i managed to squeeze a few more things on the fire for trip: dirty pair project eden, patlabor the first movie, project blue earth SOS, loups=garous, junkers come here, genius party, genius party beyond. also on the western side, zootopia and the little prince

i'm out of space now which was my goal. i did it!!!

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 20, 2017

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/aurahack/status/854797314321461249

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Super No Vacancy posted:

its not really recurring. there are like three cut-in gags where the big-boobed dragon absentmindedly smothers the kid with her boobs but theyre like 10 seconds long and stupid. also the other elementary school kid continues to have a crush on the girl dragon but it just becomes a tired gag not really too weird. the supporting cast stuff is all pretty lacking except maybe fafnir and his otaku friend

Yeah, the contrast between the main cast and the supporting characters is pretty stark. The worst one is Elma, who shows up two thirds into the season and then proceeds to do absolutely nothing, and whose entire character can be summed up as "likes food".

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Araki posted:

proceeds to do absolutely nothing, and whose entire character can be summed up as "likes food".

same

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

x

x

x

x

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's 20/4 today

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't see shipping on that label.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

It's 20/4 today

Bicycle day is better.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Maidragon is very good and I recommend finishing it

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Araki posted:

Yeah, the contrast between the main cast and the supporting characters is pretty stark. The worst one is Elma, who shows up two thirds into the season and then proceeds to do absolutely nothing, and whose entire character can be summed up as "likes food".

yeah she's good

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yeah elma is the best and i wish there was more of her

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
There are too many kittens.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

nice

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Disappointed she didn't print some shipping, of characters.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

That's not a real thing!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm /think/ this may have been posted before but I know people like these characters and the artist did a neat new thing so /shrug

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Araki posted:

DisDisDis posted:

yeah she's good

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Elma (and her fashion sense) is good.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Should get around to posting in the new chat thread.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's a new one?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

There's a new one?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm only three weeks late to this thread, okay.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

a cartoon duck posted:

I'm only three weeks late to this thread, okay.

three weeks waiting for the old one to get unlocked and being confused as to what's taking so long

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

dmboogie posted:

Not really. I'd say there's one more bad joke in that regard but that's about it. If absolutely nothing else, I highly recommend the last two episodes-Shouta isn't really in them at all and the show ends on a really high note.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Lol, the soul eater guy doesn't know how bullets work.

Yes, continue to make a big deal out of "supersonic shot"s.

Unless thats just a dumb tl error, in case tl guy, come on. Do some googling, because lol.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

It's 20/4 today

Happy 5, everyone.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

False.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Tanned Cirno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Guh, the sound on my computer suddenly doesn't work and no amount of reinstalling drivers fixes anything. Maybe the dawn of a new Gorf is here...

• Locked thread