Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
https://mobile.twitter.com/BenGolli...%26autosize%3D1

The feels when Russ almost won them, and pretty much lost em a playoff game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

I"m guessing that's his canceled SXSW speech.

Giving it away from a place where he could be openly harassed :mad:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://twitter.com/boring_as_heck/status/854931272925200384

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

If the terrible post hof exists, is there a special top tier room just for the Young Cons troops tweet?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Oh my hot gently caress O_o

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

If the terrible post hof exists, is there a special top tier room just for the Young Cons troops tweet?

The Young Cons tweet is definitely in the Great Post HOF

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

cravius posted:

Hot take: the warriors are legit better without Durant

Better than injured, still trying to get back to game speed Durant? Absolutely.

Better than in-the-groove Durant? Nooope

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/855040354982268928

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Russ can get mad all he wants, but part of what killed the Thunder was that dumb turbospeed heroball at the end. If you aren't going to at least swing the ball around the perimeter to kill some time before going inside to try and draw a foul I don't see how it can be sustained in the series. An average jump shooter like Russ chucking away seems counterproductive. The last thing you want is to give a high variance team like Houston more possessions.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

milk milk lemonade posted:

Russ can get mad all he wants, but part of what killed the Thunder was that dumb turbospeed heroball at the end. If you aren't going to at least swing the ball around the perimeter to kill some time before going inside to try and draw a foul I don't see how it can be sustained in the series. An average jump shooter like Russ chucking away seems counterproductive. The last thing you want is to give a high variance team like Houston more possessions.

Someone on Reddit made a compilation of Russ going Heroball and missing wide open shooters at the end of the game and it's glorious

https://streamable.com/08s6v

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Someone on Reddit made a compilation of Russ going Heroball and missing wide open shooters at the end of the game and it's glorious

https://streamable.com/08s6v

But his team is so bad!!!!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Coach Nick is gonna make such a video about this.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
https://mobile.twitter.com/awexlerKPRC/status/854894157281841152

Well he has been pretty bad from 3 this series.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I'm still amazed by the fact that he took 43 shots. What a hero. It'll be over soon, then his shooting arm can rest.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Rockets bitch

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
People are leaping down Westbrook's throat, but if he wasn't playing OKC loses that game by 40

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
He put them in the game then he completely lost the game. 4/18 shooting in the fourth is really, really, really bad.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If he passed to dudes who went 4/18 what then.

No arguing just trying to understand the story.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

euphronius posted:

If he passed to dudes who went 4/18 what then.

No arguing just trying to understand the story.

Mickie D was 4/5.

Russ took as many shots in the fourth as many stars take in an entire game.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

EvanTH posted:

He put them in the game then he completely lost the game. 4/18 shooting in the fourth is really, really, really bad.

Yeah. It seems like with Westbrook once he loses faith in the people around him it's gone for the rest of the game.

Like their bench gave up like a 10 point lead in like a minute or so and then he went full on hero 1v5

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/855075262094086144

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

EvanTH posted:

When you are in a clutch situation, you give the ball to Andre Roberson and Jerami Grant.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lockback posted:

People are leaping down Westbrook's throat, but if he wasn't playing OKC loses that game by 40

This is an incredibly stupid argument. He can keep them in the game and then lose it for them, these are not mutually exclusive things.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

When you are in a clutch situation, you give the ball to Andre Roberson and Jerami Grant.

If they're wide open instead of shooting a contested by multiple defenders shot then yeah, probably

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

This is an incredibly stupid argument. He can keep them in the game and then lose it for them, these are not mutually exclusive things.

If he passed it around and didn't take shots in the 4th and lost people would be bitching about him too. Houston is the better team, and it was a close game. Westbrook had a pretty good game, even from an efficiency standpoint. Blaming him for the loss is pretty stupid.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Lockback posted:

If he passed it around and didn't take shots in the 4th and lost people would be bitching about him too. Houston is the better team, and it was a close game. Westbrook had a pretty good game, even from an efficiency standpoint. Blaming him for the loss is pretty stupid.

I don't know what would have happened if he had passed it more in the fourth, but I do know what happened with him shooting a lot and with him handling the ball the majority of the time. So something needed to be different. And there's one huge elephant in the room that would be the first thing any rational person would say should change.

Had he passed it and his team went 4/18 we I would say pretty much the same thing and I would be right both times.

Mr Gentleman
Apr 29, 2003

the Educated Villain of London

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

"2 world wars and 15 gold medals"

lol

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

IcePhoenix posted:

If they're wide open instead of shooting a contested by multiple defenders shot then yeah, probably

Right. Drawing doubles and triples and passing out of them to your teammates is usually a good bet seeing as they are professional basketball players. I mean poo poo, anyone remember Boobie Gibson?

4/18 is terrible and the worst part to me was the pace and shot selection. If you're going to go full blown ISO hero mode get your possessions ending around the time the shot clock expires and get inside to try and draw fouls. Off balance three pointers and long twos with 1-3 defenders in your grill is just bad decision making

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Lockback posted:

I mean, are we defining the entire 4th quarter as a "clutch situation" now and thus superstars should take 18 clutch situation shots?

Obviously Westbrook is great and is the only reason OKC was in the game or has a chance but he lost the plot in the 4th, it was wild and ridiculous. I don't care how good he is, 1 vs 5 offense for the better part of 12 minutes is not going to end well.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Imagine if *snickers* okc had someone of *barely holding back laughter* hardens caliber

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Imagine if *snickers* okc had someone of *barely holding back laughter* hardens caliber

Or someone who is long and athletic and can shoot 3s as well as create off the dribble.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Lockback posted:

Russ taking shots is fine, but Russ taking crappy 3 pters that he's never been good at with defenders in his face and keep clanking is bad. He shot them out of the game in the 4th by trying to compete with Houston in a 3 pt contest.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Are we sure that 2 ball dominate players would work together on OKC?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Actually what lost okc the game was that bullshit touch foul at the end hth

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
I thought the most egregious was the foul on Kanter when he was standing near someone who fell down

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I think that Westbrook is the best possible player to carry on Kobe's legacy

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

You live with the Westbrook heroball, you die with the Westbrook heroball. But the MVP is Harden because he's adapted his style to help his team.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Watching Jimmy Harden get all those stupid rear end rip through fouls is infuriating. You'd think a team that scores as much as the Rockets would be exciting but it's like watching early aughts Spurs games.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Lockback posted:

*dishes to Patrick Beverley, the definition of roleplayer, in a clutch situation and he drills the backbreaker three*

Kibner posted:

Mickie D was 4/5.

Russ took as many shots in the fourth as many stars take in an entire game.

For example, Harden took 17 shots in the game

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 20, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Westbrook is in fact carrying Kobe's legacy in that he will never be the best player on a championship team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
If Westbrook didn't spend so much time dressing like an 80s movie version of 2017 maybe he would be able to win a playoff game.

• Locked thread