Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Guy Mann posted:

Read the current Flintstones comic book, it's already better than anything steampunk has produced.

I forgot about those comics. They sound like extremely my jam. Does anyone know if the wacky races one was good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Wasn't there a C&D or close to it from Nintendo over this?

Yep, he was originally ballsy enough to bill himself as Star Fox: The Animated Series and then when Nintendo had it taken down he changed the name to "St*r Fox" and then finally "A Fox in Space" was enough for him to get away with making money off of Nintendo's IP.

I wonder if he resents the fact that after years of working on his fan cartoon in varying capacities Nintendo beat him to the punch by five days when it came time to actually release the thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA2-0nTxaGg

mick ohio
Sep 24, 2007

So I says to Mabel, I says...

fishmech posted:

That's literally how the whole "cold pressed juice" fad works. You have to chop up the fruits and veg into very small bits and then squeeze it. Their thing was that they'd sell the pre-chopped up bits to you so you didn't have to go to the effort of doing it yourself at home, since you for some reason are a rich doofus who doesn't know regular juice is a better option.

Anyway the company still wins out if you were to just squeeze the pouches - most of them cost $7 for a single 8 ounce juice serving.

Facebook keeps shilling Juicero at me and it's fun to read people calling them out in the comments and the company trying to defend themselves. Apparently, their machine has an extra layer of bullshit where it won't even press the bag if it's like more than 3 days or a week old or something like that. Because then you're not getting all the right nutrients and you're a stupid baby who can't make their own decisions about the juicebag you bought.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Guy Mann posted:

I wonder if he resents the fact that after years of working on his fan cartoon in varying capacities Nintendo beat him to the punch by five days when it came time to actually release the thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA2-0nTxaGg

Doubt he gives a poo poo, because his video is gorgeously smooth animation, where the Nintendo official video is that lovely low-frame-rate CG animation that Japan loves to keep doing over and over even though it looks like complete rear end.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

mick ohio posted:

Facebook keeps shilling Juicero at me and it's fun to read people calling them out in the comments and the company trying to defend themselves. Apparently, their machine has an extra layer of bullshit where it won't even press the bag if it's like more than 3 days or a week old or something like that. Because then you're not getting all the right nutrients and you're a stupid baby who can't make their own decisions about the juicebag you bought.

Meanwhile normal people spend half as much on a gallon of juice at the store and call it a day.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

mick ohio posted:

It's not that the juice is old it's that by then the juice has lost its chi life force.

Seriously, that's the reason.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This is one of the most ridiculous things in this thread so far. Even the stupid Swiss-knife cooler was better.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I have a feeling this Juicero thing could only ever be invented in the US. I don't think anyone from another country would think people want a 400$ machine and copyrighted pods to make juice.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Because any other country would have just gone "Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate.. come on"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A $400 single-function kitchen appliance is really nothing new but actually inventing and manufacturing DRM protected fruit was a stroke of loving genius.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A $400 single-function kitchen appliance is really nothing new but actually inventing and manufacturing DRM protected fruit was a stroke of loving genius.

when that marketing team dies they will immediately join satans most distinguished think tank operation

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

sneakyfrog posted:

when that marketing team dies they will immediately join satans most distinguished think tank operation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHEOGrkhDp0

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Paladinus posted:

This is one of the most ridiculous things in this thread so far. Even the stupid Swiss-knife cooler was better.

For a moment I thought you meant a thing that cooled swiss army knives, because that sure as hell would be stupid. Also, please back my swiss army knife cooler on Kickstarter.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

If it's past its best-before date, the fruit will not allow you to eat it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

davidspackage posted:

Unless you just squeeze it with your hands.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

Unless you just squeeze it with your hands.

lol

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-04-19/silicon-valley-s-400-juicer-may-be-feeling-the-squeeze

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Zaphod42 posted:

Doubt he gives a poo poo, because his video is gorgeously smooth animation, where the Nintendo official video is that lovely low-frame-rate CG animation that Japan loves to keep doing over and over even though it looks like complete rear end.

Yes but on the other hand the Nintendo one doesn't have a cameo from a furry vore comic strip and has actual jokes and action more involved than people standing around talking.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Now I regularly have the retardest kickstarter ads on fb

Sure LITERALLY you goddamn morons

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

unpacked robinhood posted:

Is there any more mundane of a thing with an app for it than a water bottle? It's getting a bit ridiculous now.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

davidspackage posted:

If it's past its best before date it's also probably gone bad. Because there are 0 preservation methods used, since if you buy this thing you think preservation methods are evil.

The bags are only available to buy in a limited number of states because spending more than a certain time in shipping will all but guarantee the bag will be all hosed up and unsafe to drink from, especially in summer.

Guy Mann posted:

Yes but on the other hand the Nintendo one doesn't have a cameo from a furry vore comic strip and has actual jokes and action more involved than people standing around talking.

If you want a star fox cartoon in the first place, furry vore is probably something you're also into honestly. And I think that probably goes double for if you backed its Kickstarter.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

unpacked robinhood posted:

So it's a fleshlight with a water compartment?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

fishmech posted:

If it's past its best before date it's also probably gone bad. Because there are 0 preservation methods used, since if you buy this thing you think preservation methods are evil.

The bags are only available to buy in a limited number of states because spending more than a certain time in shipping will all but guarantee the bag will be all hosed up and unsafe to drink from, especially in summer.

The last things this world needs is a huge plastic packaging, complex supply chain, short conservation, all for literally one glass of pressed fruits or veggies.

The inventor of this thing really deserves a special place in hell

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Paladinus posted:

So it's a fleshlight with a water compartment?

Someone google "water cooled fleshlight" and see if that's a thing. I'd do it myself but I'm busy typing up a new Kickstarter pitch page

Edit: DRM PROTECTED VAGINAS. OH MY GOD I'M THE NEW STEVE JOBS

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The dry humor fox in space goes for doesn't need the star fox part at all. No character in that series has any depth they could just explain anything needed to known from star fox as basis in a second.
Also the best parts of Harvey birdman are the prosecutors and they're nothing like their base characters.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

SpacePig posted:

Is there any more mundane of a thing with an app for it than a water bottle? It's getting a bit ridiculous now.
App-enabled socks.
App-enabled eating utensils.
App-enabled sex toys.

Wait, someone did the last one already didn't they?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Collateral Damage posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Is that the Bluetooth fork that doesn't work and then the manufacturer tells you you're "eating wrong"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I need to know how many forks worth of food I eat in one seating. I know it adds up exactly to one plate, but I need to know for sure. Don't care about calories, just fork servings.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

I've worked in a pediatric feeding center, where they address issues like food refusal/low calorie intake, oral motor deficits, pica, food selectivity/extreme pickiness, etc. They take all of those exact measures during therapy and they are incredibly important.

And not a goddamned ONE of those centers would want that stupid fork over having a plain stopwatch.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
If it counts calories then gives you an electric shock if you try and shovel more than you deserve into your pie-hole then it's a winner.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Edit: DRM PROTECTED VAGINAS. OH MY GOD I'M THE NEW STEVE JOBS

You could call it Con-DRM. :v:

If you pay me, that is.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Collateral Damage posted:

App-enabled socks.
App-enabled sex toys.

Wait, someone did the last one already didn't they?

Yeah and apparently the dildo company was secretly collecting data from their customers and had to pay out $3.75 million in a court settlement when they got found out :v:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/14/technology/we-vibe-vibrator-lawsuit-spying.html?_r=0

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Rapulum_Dei posted:

If it counts calories then gives you an electric shock if you try and shovel more than you deserve into your pie-hole then it's a winner.

That'd be nice yeah, but the literal only thing that fork there tracks is how quickly it's lifted. It has no other sensors.

So naturally, with their kickstarter back in 2013 they got $134,743 pledged of $100,000 goal from 1,268 backers

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Maybe we should just start selling literal snake oil as "willpower in a bottle"

:aaaaa:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

fishmech posted:

When fruit slurry goes bad isn't that just wine? This is just a sneaky way for rich people to make prison wine.

I'm on a three day juice cleanse and I am so loving enlightened right now I can't even see straight. That must be the toxins leaving my body.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Yeah and apparently the dildo company was secretly collecting data from their customers and had to pay out $3.75 million in a court settlement when they got found out :v:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/14/technology/we-vibe-vibrator-lawsuit-spying.html?_r=0

I thought you were going to link the wifi/camera dildo that was hacked.

So, you know how a lot of bot farms are composed of hacked home security cameras? Imagine a bot farm composed of hacked wifi camera dildos ... CNN ddos'd by zombie dildos.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

fondue posted:

I thought you were going to link the wifi/camera dildo that was hacked.

So, you know how a lot of bot farms are composed of hacked home security cameras? Imagine a bot farm composed of hacked wifi camera dildos ... CNN dildos'd by zombie dildos.

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
Remember Plastc, the credit card that would store ALL your credit cards? Gone. Their blog post seems to imply they were almost ready to ship but nobody wanted to invest.

Perhaps the product was fairly useless now that everyone's moving to chips and NFC? Hmm...

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Also, weren't they utterly hosed by chip-and-signature or chip-and-pin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I still find it insane that America is only now moving to chip and pin.