Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Chitin posted:

"Company limits sales of juice packs to people who will buy a $400 machine that doesn't do anything."

It squeezes the bag. And it probably squeezes it very evenly and thoroughly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Lol if you don’t have a manservant named Enrique to squeeze your juice packets.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Platystemon posted:

If there's 2 things I can say about Enrique, he's even and thorough.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Does that really justify a $400 device for squeezing bags.

just

just buy loving juice

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Slime posted:

Does that really justify a $400 device for squeezing bags.

just

just buy loving juice

I have no idea, but there are really lonely men out there that pay way more than that to look at and not even get to squeeze bags full of silicone.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Solice Kirsk posted:

Watch the video. The woman just squeezed it with her hands and the same amount came out. The packs are just filled with juice and the little chopped up vegetables in there are just for show.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
United again:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...kushpmg00000063

Drunken passenger accuses other passenger of a somewhat swarthy appearance with sex-trafficking the 3-year-old blonde girl he's traveling with. Who is his daughter. On the basis of the drunk's accusation, the attendants call the cops, who are waiting to drag the guy off the plane.

At least they waited until they got to their destination rather than diverting, I guess.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Jesus Christ, United.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
United should have had the police waiting for the drunk guy.

The drunk guy can make his claims directly to the police and see how they handle it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jesus gently caress, this company is going to go out of loving business, isn't it?

At the very least, the CEO will be out of a loving job when Dao's suit is ended.

Waffleman_ has a new favorite as of 02:14 on Apr 20, 2017

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Jesus gently caress, this company is going to go out of loving business, isn't it?

Good

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Platystemon posted:

Lol if you don't juice Enrique.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Lol if you don't juice Enrique.

LOL, just LOL, if you don't get juiced by Enrique.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Phanatic posted:

United again:

Drunken passenger accuses other passenger of a somewhat swarthy appearance with sex-trafficking the 3-year-old blonde girl he's traveling with. Who is his daughter. On the basis of the drunk's accusation, the attendants call the cops, who are waiting to drag the guy off the plane.

At least they waited until they got to their destination rather than diverting, I guess.

As the fair skinned child of a brown skinned, (*gasp* Terrorist! *clutches pearls*), father, who has traveled internationally with him without my mum when I was a baby this story touches me.

Fair enough, the cops were just doing their job, they have to investigate every accusation. And fair enough once the truth was discovered all was well.But seriously, you take the word of a drunk racist over that of a loving father? You call the cops and subject a 3 year old to interrogation before even checking the travel documents?

gently caress you United.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The drunk person made the accusation because the father kept shielding his daughter away. A sure sign of sex slave trafficking, and not a responsible parent keeping their child away from an inebriated total stranger.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

How is United at fault for that one now?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Solice Kirsk posted:

You think they would have been so quick to take the word of some drunk rear end in a top hat if it had been a white guy and a darker child?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Solice Kirsk posted:

United employees simply passed on the normal concerns of a drunk, racist passenger without any questions after the paper bag test was rigorously applied. In a bureaucracy you can't get in trouble if you follow proper protocol.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Phanatic posted:

United again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HCYEoLKFgw

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

United employees simply passed on the normal concerns of a drunk, racist passenger without any questions after the paper bag test was rigorously applied. In a bureaucracy you can't get in trouble if you follow proper protocol.

Yeah you can.

You can be used as a scapegoat.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Solice Kirsk posted:

He was traveling with passports showing that both he and his daughter shared the same name as well as a notarized letter from the mother stating she gave permission for the father to travel with the child out of the country. Instead of checking any of this they had the cops waiting at the destination. Read the bloody story man.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
But for real, what did United do wrong?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

The Door Frame posted:

Racial profiling for one ☝🏾

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's not like they beat him up and took the kid away.

They left that to professionals, as before.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Door Frame posted:

They should just have a cop car waiting for each and every one of their passengers because there's no way to be sure they aren't guilty of something.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
And who the gently caress traffics White kids from Mexico. Everyone knows White girls are an US export, not import.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

The flight staff had no reason to take some drunk rear end in a top hat at his word.

Why do you people keep butting in to defend United's honor? What can you possibly gain from it?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The drunk racist accuser was a woman, not a man.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Away all Goats posted:

The drunk person made the accusation because the father kept shielding his daughter away. A sure sign of sex slave trafficking, and not a responsible parent keeping their child away from an inebriated total stranger.

Heyyy. Little girl. Heyyyy you. C'mover her for a second. C'mereeee. I juss wanna talk to ya.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
"Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

jojoinnit posted:

He was traveling with passports showing that both he and his daughter shared the same name as well as a notarized letter from the mother stating she gave permission for the father to travel with the child out of the country. Instead of checking any of this they had the cops waiting at the destination. Read the bloody story man.

Yeah, that probably would have helped. I thought maybe there was some stupid rule that airlines have to forward all reports of suspicious activity no matter how inane they may seem or something. The good news in all of this is that I have a trip coming up soon and maybe their ticket prices will go down.....bwahahahahahahaha, could you imagine?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

grittyreboot posted:

Why do you people keep butting in to defend United's honor? What can you possibly gain from it?

Man, I have no loving idea. It's the weirdest form of Devil's advocate I've ever seen.

:qq: "Won't someone defend the major corporation?" :qq:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

:capitalism:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

WampaLord posted:

Man, I have no loving idea. It's the weirdest form of Devil's advocate I've ever seen.

:qq: "Won't someone defend the major corporation?" :qq:

I think the difference this time is that the Port Authority or whatever took the allegations way too seriously for being from someone drunk at the end of a flight. It honestly shouldn't have been any more complicated than looking to see that all of his paperwork was in order, and apologizing for the inconvenience. Instead, they grilled him on facts about his daughter, and then called his wife to confirm the results. The fact that it came from a United flight is almost entirely immaterial, and probably wouldn't even be a thing mentioned in the headline if it weren't for their recent buzz.
Flight attendants probably aren't trained on how to stop actual child traffickers, and they're probably instructed to report any sort of accusation like that. I'm not necessarily saying that their policy didn't cause this, or that they couldn't have handled it better, but the bulk of this story seems to come down on the Port Authority and maybe some poorly thought-out policy. At least nobody was bloodied this time.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I don't think stewardesses are qualified to confront potential child-traffickers.

Imagine thinking that they're not allowed to call the police unless they've first demanded to see a swarthy man's papers mid-flight.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

we need one of those but it's Marx's face and the text is "that's false consciousness!"

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

Watch the video. The woman just squeezed it with her hands and the same amount came out. The packs are just filled with juice and the little chopped up vegetables in there are just for show.

Lol, why aren't more people calling this out as a flat-out scam? The device is not even a juicer, it is a bag-squeezing machine.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Sucrose posted:

Lol, why aren't more people calling this out as a flat-out scam? The device is not even a juicer, it is a bag-squeezing machine.

Because rich Silicon Valley assholes love spending money on worthless, stupid poo poo while also bitching about their taxes.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Sucrose posted:

Because the only people really getting upset are stupid cashed-up investment bankers and venture capitalist so who cares about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Juicero could just switch to selling juice in stores. Why even have the machine?

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 18:19 on Apr 20, 2017