Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

As to the bigger point, well you don't put those two in your story and not let them get their freak on, right?

My guess for Infinity Wars is that after Thanos kills Vision to get the Mind Stone, Wanda goes ape and blows up reality -- Maybe bring back Quicksilver in the process. That's how the movie will end, and the sequel will pick up from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yakmouth posted:

Is Vision done with makeup or effects?
I honestly don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v__8kDWJ6t0

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Yakmouth posted:

As to the bigger point, well you don't put those two in your story and not let them get their freak on, right?

My guess for Infinity Wars is that after Thanos kills Vision to get the Mind Stone, Wanda goes ape and blows up reality -- Maybe bring back Quicksilver in the process. That's how the movie will end, and the sequel will pick up from there.

I would be down for something like that. Quicksilver needs to come back.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

What if Thanos makes a deal with Vision to get his mind gem? Like, using one of the gems he already possesses to make Vision into a real boy.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Codependent Poster posted:

No makeup for him though?

So there's either some reality-changing shenanigans, or it's a dream sequence.

Or a rehearsal.

Yakmouth posted:

That'd be an interesting direction to go in, though I wouldn't choose it. It seems unlikely though, since the reality warping aspect of her powers has been replaced with glowy finger-twisting telekinesis and telepathy.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

I'm not sure how it would work dramatically, but I'm not a screenwriter. A big part of my theory is that having Scarlett Witch in your cast and not blowing up reality is like Jean Grey not becoming the Dark Phoenix -- I don't think the writers will be able to help themselves.

And as for her power-levels not being strong enough, someone over at CD pointed out that with infinity stones in play that really won't be a problem.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wanda's powers weren't always the level of full scale reality bending in the comics either. It was something ramped up over time and then just completely and quite literally blew up.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

So I'm thinking Marvel needs Thanos to be the biggest threat the MCU has ever seen -- but at the same time he needs to loese, maybe not in Avengers 3, but certainly by Avengers 4. Scarlett Witch seems to be a natural, in-universe way to level the playing field so the rest of the heroes can take him down.

I mean I'm just fanwanking, here -- they could do literally anything. But I don't see how a last-minute save by Adam Warlock (for example) would be narratively satisfying. So what are some alternatives?

e: Maybe Squirrel Girl can sit down with him and work out his issues. Didn't she do that with Galactus once?

Yakmouth fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 19, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yakmouth posted:

So I'm thinking Marvel needs Thanos to be the biggest threat the MCU has ever seen -- but at the same time he needs to loese, maybe not in Avengers 3, but certainly by Avengers 4. Scarlett Witch seems to be a natural, in-universe way to level the playing field so the rest of the heroes can take him down.

I mean I'm just fanwanking, here -- they could do literally anything. But I don't see how a last-minute save by Adam Warlock (for example) would be narratively satisfying. So what are some alternatives?

I think they're obviously setting the plate for Captain Marvel to be the big savior. I think she'll be the MCU focus for the next several years.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

X-O posted:

I think they're obviously setting the plate for Captain Marvel to be the big savior. I think she'll be the MCU focus for the next several years.

Yeah I'd be on board with that.

Wouldn't that end up making her solo flick an Avenger 3.5, though? Do you think they'd be willing to do that?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yakmouth posted:

e: Maybe Squirrel Girl can sit down with him and work out his issues. Didn't she do that with Galactus once?

Even better

Only registered members can see post attachments!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Slott ended up retconning his own story later on in She-Hulk by stating it was a clone of Thanon that could fool even The Watcher. Though I guess it's not really retconning if you wrote both stories.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

I'm so in love with the idea of a She-Hulk movie(/network tv show). But I bet Universal has the distribution rights, so it'll never happen.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

X-O posted:

Slott ended up retconning his own story later on in She-Hulk by stating it was a clone of Thanon that could fool even The Watcher. Though I guess it's not really retconning if you wrote both stories.

Not according to Tippy-Toe

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

howe_sam posted:

Well I mean of course they still think it, they weren't in the story the story where it was retconned.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

howe_sam posted:

Man I love Galactus calling Thanos a tool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The BEST Cheap Trick song. Very fitting.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chickenwalker posted:

Man I love Galactus calling Thanos a tool.

I also love "Part Goth, Part Hipster, because he's really into death and makes his own gloves"

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm looking forward to GOTG 2 but I'm already sick of Baby Groot.

X-O posted:

I dunno, it's way more obvious for them to beat Thanos using the Power of Friendship and Teamwork.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Think Feige has said Captain Marvel is going to be the most powerful hero in the MCU.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

NOOOOoooooo.....

We were doing so good.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Sgt. Politeness posted:

NOOOOoooooo.....

We were doing so good.

You were doing so well.

Superman does good.

(Except for when he snaps Zod's neck.)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dope Wonder Woman impression.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Tell that to Brad the Intern's snapped neck!

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

"...and then we break the internet in half, unlike that Quesada pussy!"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

All I can see is Charlie gleefully killing Mac.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
If you want to hear the sounds of a murdering pyschopath

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqm1qFBoV7w&t=184s

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Why?

It is extremely rare for a director to sign on to a movie with no script and directors usually do a pass after signing on.

Most blockbusters are mostly written on set. The fact (well, the suggestion from the article) that there is much focus on getting a script done beforehand instead made impromptu from five failed ones onset makes me happy as a guy who likes writing.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

If you want to hear the sounds of a murdering pyschopath

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqm1qFBoV7w&t=184s

For some reason I always pictured him as a stoic Christopher Nolan type, the fact that he's a fratty doofus makes literally every execrable thing about him even worse

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SlimGoodbody posted:

For some reason I always pictured him as a stoic Christopher Nolan type, the fact that he's a fratty doofus makes literally every execrable thing about him even worse

He seems like he was fairly professional and helping the actors stage a difficult scene?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

I find his "fratty doofus" nature to be quite endearing.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

parallelodad posted:

All I can see is Charlie gleefully killing Mac.

Now I want an episode of It's Always Sunny where Snyder guest-stars as himself but behaves exactly like Charlie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Eh! Frank posted:

Now I want an episode of It's Always Sunny where Snyder guest-stars as himself but behaves exactly like Charlie.
http://alexanderlozada.com/iasip/?IlRoZSBHYW5nIFNuYXBzIGEgTmVjayI

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Beautiful

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

MacheteZombie posted:

I find his "fratty doofus" nature to be quite endearing.

Fratty Doofus sounds like an old-timey radio show.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Phylodox posted:

Fratty Doofus sounds like an old-timey radio show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRQ32jnIZ6k&t=5s

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

SlimGoodbody posted:

loving poo poo look at the INSANE level of difference between grimdark and non-grimdark :stare:

its like they just drowed the poo poo in grey in Adobe Premiere

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Interview with Gunn where he said Adam Warlock is going to be in Guardians 3 and a big part of cosmic Marvel going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Interview with Gunn where he said Adam Warlock is going to be in Guardians 3 and a big part of cosmic Marvel going forward.

Has he revealed if that's who Rosembaum is playing yet?

• Locked thread