Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Everything suddenly makes sense now. :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I distinctly remember the Australia SAS experimenting with steroids and other PEDs a few years back but I can't find any links about it. Maybe I made it up.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i still laugh at the dudes that spent so much on gnc sawdust to get maid gainz in iraq and failed to realize you need to up your normal water intake for that, let alone dealing with iraq summer heat

had to finger a lot of swole buttholes in for heat stroke

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i still laugh at the dudes that spent so much on gnc sawdust to get maid gainz in iraq and failed to realize you need to up your normal water intake for that, let alone dealing with iraq summer heat

had to finger a lot of swole buttholes in for heat stroke

If they even have the poo poo they advertise.

I only recently started working out properly, and I'm still not into using supplements, but I'm kinda blown away how much stat inflation these companies can get away with. Some of these supplements can contain half the poo poo they say on the label.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Redeye Flight posted:

Hitler himself was definitely on a shitload of drugs by the end of the war, too, despite being a loudly avowed teetotaler and vegetarian.

He got his drugs from a "doctor" so it was medicine. Sort of like how all those tranqed out housewives in the 50s and 60s weren't taking drugs like some negro jazz man and his marijuana cigarettes. They just needed their medicine!

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Scratch Monkey posted:

He got his drugs from a "doctor" so it was medicine. Sort of like how all those tranqed out housewives in the 50s and 60s weren't taking drugs like some negro jazz man and his marijuana cigarettes. They just needed their medicine!

What a drag it is getting old.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

As Nero Danced posted:

What a drag it is getting old.

Der kleine Helfer des Führers

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
hitler was gacked out on amphetamines like no ones business. Check out the evolution of his signature over time:

From an actual signature to a lightning bolt and a tornado.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

whatever dominos is dope

granted my go-to is Imos because St. Louis Style owns

My go-to is the Little Caesar's near work on the drive home because the only pizza in my town is Pizza Hut, a small buffet place that's geared towards poor families that wouldn't know great pizza if it scalded their faces off, and Walmart's version of "hot n ready" in front of the self-checkout area next to a battery kiosk.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Redeye Flight posted:

Drug use in the Third Reich was pretty drat epidemic, yeah. They were selling boxed chocolates laced with a meth variant before the war. Hitler himself was definitely on a shitload of drugs by the end of the war, too, despite being a loudly avowed teetotaler and vegetarian.

Even when they weren't using straight up hard drugs they were still on way more doses of all kinds of poo poo than we'd consider healthy today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scho-Ka-Kola

What, that Scho-Ka-Kola sounds amazing. How many mg of caffeine per piece are we talking?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DoktorLoken posted:

What, that Scho-Ka-Kola sounds amazing. How many mg of caffeine per piece are we talking?

I think 50 mg in a single serving (4 pieces), a little over half the content of an average cup of coffee, or slightly less than 1 ounce of espresso. I've had it before, and it tastes like a mix of dark chocolate and coffee in such a way that you can distinctly identify the two different flavors depending on what you're focusing on.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Interesting. I'll definitely try and find some while I'm in Germany.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

You can order it off Amazon, but if you live in a hot area like I do you're liable to have it at least partially melted when it arrives.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

There are CROSSFIT dudes at my gym that will dump 3 scoops of preworkout into a 1L bottle and put that back during their workouts

I just wonder how their hearts have not exploded yet.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
St. Louis style is awful. Imo's is just a cracker with little bit of sauce and provolone on it. Toasted ravioli, on the other hand, are great.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

A Bad Poster posted:

St. Louis style is awful. Imo's is just a cracker with little bit of sauce and provolone on it. Toasted ravioli, on the other hand, are great.

Square cut thin crust is great. It's common in Midwestern cities, but only St. Louis uses weird rear end fake cheese; it's not even Provalone, but some Velveta-like poo poo called Provel.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2c/Provel.jpg

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I've had Dominoes once in the last 20 years and that's because our commander at the time told us he'd buy us all pizza for our hard work preparing for an ORI, and then he decided to get cheap on us. Otherwise I haven't had it because one time my parents ordered one that was particularly bad circa 1996 or so and their decision to never trust Dominoes again stuck.

My favorite is a supreme from a local chain but now that I've moved away I need to find something new.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Dominoes is my go to when traveling for business and I can't be assed to leave the hotel room.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I like drugs

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Detroit style is fully sick.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Zeris posted:

I like drugs

So do I but I work in an industry that supposedly pee tests at the drop of a hat... But then I haven't been drug tested in almost ten years.

My friend gets tested so often, though, she can hit a cup with her eyes closed :iiam:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

FrozenVent posted:

So do I but I work in an industry that supposedly pee tests at the drop of a hat... But then I haven't been drug tested in almost ten years.

My friend gets tested so often, though, she can hit a cup with her eyes closed :iiam:

You don't have to do an annual pee test? I gotta get one to get my STCW 2010 stuff removed I think.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Aside from medicals I haven't been tested in years. Cruise was pretty fanatical about it though

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Dominos is only acceptable when it's quite literally the only delivery "pizza" available for miles, like when you're sitting in your truck outside the shower building at Yakima waiting to go home.

Forever.

For-ev-er.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Two Finger posted:

Aside from medicals I haven't been tested in years. Cruise was pretty fanatical about it though

I wish my stupid medical did a drug test. I can't believe they don't cover any routine STD screening either. You're running a clinic and insurance plan for sailors here.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

shovelbum posted:

You don't have to do an annual pee test? I gotta get one to get my STCW 2010 stuff removed I think.

Nah the only thing they have us pee for here is diabete.

Plus I haven't had a medical in years. Office life, yo.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

FrozenVent posted:

We're random, however in my case that ends up being annual. I guess they want a known clean sample.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

A Bad Poster posted:

This is all true, and I never understood the St Louis love affair with Imo's. However, they have possibly the best Chicago-style pizza at Pi. At least the best outside of Chicago.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Derek Dominoe posted:

This is all true, and I never understood the St Louis love affair with Imo's. However, they have possibly the best Chicago-style pizza at Pi. At least the best outside of Chicago.

Is the the cornbread crust place

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Derek Dominoe posted:

I'm guessing you haven't been to Black Thorn.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
http://www.restaurantpi.com

I dunno about any cornbread crust, but everything I ever ordered there was great.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

I'm guessing you haven't been to Black Thorn.

Black Thorn is rad as gently caress as long as you're okay with waiting until the end of time to get your pizza

so loving good though

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Sorry for the double post. The Awful app update has hosed up everything.

Black Thorn is great. I still give the edge to Pi, but if I recall correctly, you pay extra for eating in University City instead of a dive.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Derek Dominoe posted:

Imo's basically is Chicago style thin crust except the Chicago and Milwaukee areas (dunno where else this style is common) use real cheese.

:science: http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2008/01/a-list-of-regional-pizza-styles-slideshow.html#show-85735

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 21, 2017

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Naked Bear posted:

Dominos is only acceptable when it's quite literally the only delivery "pizza" available for miles, like when you're sitting in your truck outside the shower building at Yakima waiting to go home.

Forever.

For-ev-er.

This, except it was the wash rack at Yakima waiting in our Strykers.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

MA-Horus posted:

There are CROSSFIT dudes at my gym that will dump 3 scoops of preworkout into a 1L bottle and put that back during their workouts

I just wonder how their hearts have not exploded yet.

Unless it's one or two specific brands it's probably just caffeine. All of the good stimulants like DMAA got pulled about 5-6 years back because the FDA made some noise after some military dudes in Iraq overdosed and did cardio and gave themselves heart attacks.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Internet Wizard posted:

Unless it's one or two specific brands it's probably just caffeine. All of the good stimulants like DMAA got pulled about 5-6 years back because the FDA made some noise after some military dudes in Iraq overdosed and did cardio and gave themselves heart attacks.

There's more than just caffeine in them, you have BCAAs and Beta Alanine. Betas make me flush and my skin get all tingly so I don't take pre workouts with any of that poo poo in it.

But recommended dose for ANY pre-workout is 1 scoop. 3 is...that's a lot of poo poo.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Naked Bear posted:

literally did exactly this like 3 weeks ago....and probably again in a week and a half when we leave again

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

MA-Horus posted:

There's more than just caffeine in them, you have BCAAs and Beta Alanine. Betas make me flush and my skin get all tingly so I don't take pre workouts with any of that poo poo in it.

But recommended dose for ANY pre-workout is 1 scoop. 3 is...that's a lot of poo poo.

The tingling and flushing is from niacin, FYI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I used to take that NO Xplode after guard training. We'd end up eating MRE's and you of course would be stopped up, but that poo poo would literally force all of your bowels to open up at once and take the most painful poo poo if you hadn't taken a dump in 2+ days.

#poostories