Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Dark Souls 2 and sexual harassment apologist.

powerful goonage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

begone, thot

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Chromatic posted:

They're now saying all the pranks and the times the dude shoved his kid into a bookshelf face first and all of the shenanigans were faked and scripted.

They also blame Defranco for this whole mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AyL7U4HW10

this was always the end point of the insane memetics of the "prank" video, this poo poo no matter how vile just seems to spread like wildfire, whether through people sharing on the basis of it being shocking or not is irrelevant because it brings about whole new ways to be a scumbag for profit either way

philip defranco is a oval office but he's bumbled his way into perhaps doing some good, maybe

probably

probably not...

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Contrapoints is debating with Blair White

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SeCD8tJUhU

Edit - lmao she's getting utterly destroyed

Roth fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Apr 20, 2017

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
DaddyoFive deleted all their videos except for the one linked above. I guess that's the end of them.

I really don't remember the last time the internet really came together in complete solidarity and just eviscerated something.

https://twitter.com/PhillyD/status/854849149853761536

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Who is this idiot?

EDIT: lol she's trans and spouting this bullshit. What is it with self-hating minorities lining up to help their oppressors?

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

Jack Gladney posted:

lol she's trans and spouting this bullshit. What is it with self-hating minorities lining up to help their oppressors?

I believe the technical term is "internalized oppression".

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

This is the person that Blaire kept claiming "isn't making an effort to present as female, so it's ok to call them a 'he'"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Jack Gladney posted:

EDIT: lol she's trans and spouting this bullshit. What is it with self-hating minorities lining up to help their oppressors?

They're a bunch of uncle tom shitheads who are just desperate to have some kind of gang to validate them or they wanna be "one of the good ones" so they get a friendly quick death when the camps open or whatever.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Roth posted:

This is the person that Blaire kept claiming "isn't making an effort to present as female, so it's ok to call them a 'he'"

That person is making more of an effort to look feminine than I do most days. What the hell is she supposed to do, wear a pink tulle ballgown at all times?!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Blaire White is far too stupid to participate meaningfully in a discussion of identity. She literally doesn't understand anything Nick says and has no historical knowledge at all.

"Trans is the new black." Indeed.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I didn't catch most of that stream. I happened to tune in for a second when she was comparing a person "coming to terms" as being trans the same way a cancer patient comes to terms with death.

Ummmm. I kind of muted the stream after that to do other things then forgot about it. I'm all for discourse but some people just can't be talked to.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Jack Gladney posted:

Who is this idiot?

I dunno if this is alt-right or some other strain, but there are conservatives who will tolerant various LGBT people (and PoCs). Just keep quiet unless it's to mention how terrible and awful it is to be gay/trans/etc. In return you get to make some decent money because conservatives are desperate for tokens.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Blaire White is what would happen if JohnTron decided to 100% go political. She's a complete loving moron who forms knee jerk opinions and never changes them while fighting to the death for them. Much like JT as soon as that person has to talk with someone with even a shallow understanding of the topic beyond 'I HEARD ABOUT THIS JUST NOW HERE'S MY REACTION' they resort to just flailing and claiming somehow they're being attacked by being asked 'what the gently caress are you even saying'

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Falstaff posted:

What was this? I haven't heard about it.

Here is a decent write-up about what happened in 2014 with Laci Green. It should be noted that at the time, they both worked for Discovery Digital Networks. Some time passes and then DeFranco uses Laci Green's picture for a video about "drama queens," basically using it as a means of portraying a straw feminist for his bullshit-rear end South Park morality reporting. Laci Green asked him to not do that and it lead to months of her getting harangued on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/gogreen18/status/783107858921496576

DeFranco regularly retweets things inflammatory things and then shrugs helplessly whenever his followers go after his targets. He also has a lot of real lovely videos about the SJWs and BLM, or how it was actually racist for MTV to target white people when they had the Dear White Guys video. He acts as if he's a presenter of news but he's just a milquetoast rabble-rouser.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

FWIW Contrapoints doesn't identify as female last I checked.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
didn't laci and phil did a collab before? must be awkward now

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Junpei Hyde posted:

FWIW Contrapoints doesn't identify as female last I checked.

I think the point is that Contra identifies as genderfluid and so would not appreciate straight up being called "he".

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Tired Moritz posted:

didn't laci and phil did a collab before? must be awkward now

Yeah which is why she was so put off by his sudden public attack. It's been three years and he's still harboring a grudge at her for being upset at YouTube. An issue that he decided to insert himself into and then made himself the aggrieved party when she dared to question him.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Roth posted:

Contrapoints is debating with Blair White

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SeCD8tJUhU

Edit - lmao she's getting utterly destroyed

I tried to listen to it but I don't think I know enough about the subject to really follow it so can someone answer a couple of quick questions.

Does Blair White identify as male? Was Shoe a good mod?

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Yardbomb posted:

They're a bunch of uncle tom shitheads who are just desperate to have some kind of gang to validate them or they wanna be "one of the good ones" so they get a friendly quick death when the camps open or whatever.

... Unless you're actually trans or black, you really shouldn't be calling people that. I mean, Blaire has a different opinion, so fuckin' what? Just don't watch her videos and don't call her an uncle tom.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

From skimming it Shoe seemed a decent moderator, if slightly biased towards Blaire. And Blaire is a woman, she transitioned from a male body. (I think I am phrasing this correctly right?)

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Zedd posted:

From skimming it Shoe seemed a decent moderator, if slightly biased towards Blaire. And Blaire is a woman, she transitioned from a male body. (I think I am phrasing this correctly right?)

Thanks. I have never heard of Blaire and only watched 15 mins of it but with the way she kept on saying she was biologically male I wondered if she identified as male.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

bessantj posted:

Thanks. I have never heard of Blaire and only watched 15 mins of it but with the way she kept on saying she was biologically male I wondered if she identified as male.
I don't know her very well either, and what I know wasn't exactly what I would call a good impression. But as far as I understood it she goes by the interpretation that you can fix the outside to match the inside, but you are always your original outside on a technical level; which I guess is true to a degree.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

GoneRampant posted:

... Unless you're actually trans or black, you really shouldn't be calling people that. I mean, Blaire has a different opinion, so fuckin' what? Just don't watch her videos and don't call her an uncle tom.

She's an uncle tom

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Zedd posted:

I don't know her very well either, and what I know wasn't exactly what I would call a good impression. But as far as I understood it she goes by the interpretation that you can fix the outside to match the inside, but you are always your original outside on a technical level; which I guess is true to a degree.

She thinks that being trans is a literal mental illness

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roth posted:

All that effort... and still no result.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Zedd posted:

Yeah I suppose you can't change everything.

MikeCrotch posted:

Really? I wonder if she has tried to get help or does she believe that transitioning is that help.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

I know, that's part of what I don't like about her myself, but I tried to stay objective in describing her.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GoneRampant posted:

"Actually people in my community are just sickos who don't deserve respect, I'm one of them so I can be your shield next time you start spouting this poo poo by saying "NO SEE ONE OF THEM AGREES TOO""

"gently caress this uncle tom rear end bitch."

"Welp, looks like a classic difference of opinion here, maybe both sides have a lot of growing up to do."

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

"Actually people in my community are just sickos who don't deserve respect, I'm one of them so I can be your shield next time you start spouting this poo poo by saying "NO SEE ONE OF THEM AGREES TOO""

"gently caress this uncle tom rear end bitch."

"Welp, looks like a classic difference of opinion here, maybe both sides have a lot of growing up to do."

Like really. She's a widely popular political spokesperson and is through her rhetoric championing de-humanizing LGBT people and turning back the clock on minority rights. She's right up there with Milo.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

MikeCrotch posted:

I think the point is that Contra identifies as genderfluid and so would not appreciate straight up being called "he".

In his "coming out" video he states that he doesn't have a problem with male pronouns applied to him.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Roth posted:

That's a long rear end neck.

Gotta say I enjoyed the debate between Contra and Blaire. Its not often that both sides have these kinds of talks and those that do happen are pretty interesting.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Vanderdeath posted:

DeFranco regularly retweets things inflammatory things and then shrugs helplessly whenever his followers go after his targets. He also has a lot of real lovely videos about the SJWs and BLM, or how it was actually racist for MTV to target white people when they had the Dear White Guys video. He acts as if he's a presenter of news but he's just a milquetoast rabble-rouser.

That's all pretty lovely. I subscribed to DeFranco's videos for a brief while about a year ago, but I stopped following him when I noticed he seems to get really excited about calling out reverse racism, even if he doesn't call it out by that name. I wasn't familiar with this, though, so thanks for the info.

It's frustrating, I have a couple of good friends who are completely taken in by his "sincere, empathetic presenter of the news" schtick and watch him almost religiously. :(

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Zedd posted:

I know, that's part of what I don't like about her myself, but I tried to stay objective in describing her.

It's a situation where you essentially can't while also remaining accurate. This is the same pit trap that most large publications are falling into with regard to the surge in actual pro-fascist groups: Dick Spencer and Milo get called "provocateurs" and "controversial political spokesmen" because their actual rhetoric/beliefs seem so inherently biasing that people opt to not mention it at all for fear of being perceived as poisoning the well.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

GoneRampant posted:

I am in fact the former my dude, so I'll call them that all I please.

They're another sellout piece of poo poo who'd gladly sell everyone else up the river, if it meant scoring some brownie points with their brownshirt buddies.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

FoldableHuman posted:

It's a situation where you essentially can't while also remaining accurate. This is the same pit trap that most large publications are falling into with regard to the surge in actual pro-fascist groups: Dick Spencer and Milo get called "provocateurs" and "controversial political spokesmen" because their actual rhetoric/beliefs seem so inherently biasing that people opt to not mention it at all for fear of being perceived as poisoning the well.

Being of money honestly helps as well.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Wrestling with Wregret has been doing an Animation month on the WWE crossovers with Warner Brothers. The first two movies weren't that good but the Curse of the Speed Demon (the second Scooby Doo crossover) was pretty great and fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iso2aUnla2E

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

This is like a dozen discussions ago, but it really is a shame that the Duke Nukem Forever that got released was a hodgepodge of the game as it existed as a contemporary shooter. Doom 4 got a lot of mileage out of metatextually being about Doom as a concept; a DNF that had been built from the ground up as being Duke 15 years later could have worked really well as a retelling of Demolition Man.

I said earlier that the problem with DNF is that it likes Duke too sincerely, but I don't think that's the real core of the problem. Because a nostalgia trip that's genuinely affectionate could have worked, Doom 4 is proof enough of that. Duke not being a punchline is not an unsalvageable take on the character.

The problem with Duke as a character in DNF is that he starts on top of the world, stays on top of the world, doesn't change one iota, and is never the butt of the joke. It could have worked if the whole thing was a joke about how antiquated Duke is, or how awful he is as a person, like something along the lines of Archer; or it could have worked if they'd played the character sincerely but made him fight his way back from irrelevance. Show everybody why Duke is the king, don't just keep asserting that he is. But DNF spends its entire runtime basking in unwarranted smugness, and it makes Duke completely unlikeable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

People writing the game had tried things along those lines but were shot down by 3D Realms. Cause in a wierd way of looping back around to internet critics Yahtzee was brought in to make a test script and was told his script wouldn't work because he didn't play Duke 100% straight.

• Locked thread