Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

I really liked Borderlands, Borderlands 2 and the presequel, so I am hoping for a fun Borderlands 3 as well.

I hope that one day the season pass for borderlands pre sequel will be about as cheap as the season pass stuff for borderlands 2 so I can get the cool looking dlc character who can freeze people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FirstAidKite posted:

I wish the capcom jojo part 3 game was available on steam.

I also wish that ZZ was a playable character in it because it'd be fun to beat up other people as a car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35jSsqKDQB8

More fighting games need to let you beat up people as cars. What was that one fighting game where you can play as a racecar and it just walks around on its back wheels while punching with its front wheels?

Fighting Vipers I think, you could play as the Daytona USA car.
edit: I was wrong, it was Fighters Megamix

I played the Jojo capcom fighter back when it came out on PS1, back when I didn't know what it was or that it was based on an existing property but I'd just play any capcom fighting game.
I remember thinking it wasn't that bizarre at all, just kind of dull.

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Apr 20, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The PS1 version is the single worst possible way to experience that game.

I wish I'd grabbed it on PS3 during the like three months it was actually up before getting delisted.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

The PS1 version is the single worst possible way to experience that game.

Why's that? Doesn't it have the most content of any version?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

mutata posted:

Hey, cool! I'm glad you're so jazzed about literally hundreds of people losing their income and jobs, some of whom I know personally, neat yeah man.

:waycool:

Captain Invictus is a poo poo person

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
IMO a person can dislike a corporation and hope for the corporation's failure while still hoping the the people who work for said corporation get a chance to work for better corporations that aren't as poo poo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FirstAidKite posted:

Why's that? Doesn't it have the most content of any version?

It adds a bunch of bad mini-games to the single-player mode, but the PS1 was awful at 2D stuff and barely ran ports CPS-2 games with half the frames of animation missing and Jojo was on the then newer CPS-3 board. It had ridiculous amount of animation and other stuff going on on screen that the PS1 couldn't hope to cope with so it's blocky, ugly and slow.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Borderlands 2 was a fine rear end videogamey rear end videogame and Ashley Burches character was cool

*mic drop*

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

It adds a bunch of bad mini-games to the single-player mode, but the PS1 was awful at 2D stuff and barely ran ports CPS-2 games with half the frames of animation missing and Jojo was on the then newer CPS-3 board. It had ridiculous amount of animation and other stuff going on on screen that the PS1 couldn't hope to cope with so it's blocky, ugly and slow.

Ah. Is it something that can be fixed through emulation to make it run better?

Unrelated but I saw this shared by a local radio network thing.

My eyeeees

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

mutata posted:

Hey, cool! I'm glad you're so jazzed about literally hundreds of people losing their income and jobs, some of whom I know personally, neat yeah man.

:waycool:
Gearbox is a bad company that has done some real lovely things, such as funding their own games with money meant for development of other games and those games ending up poo poo rushjobs as a result, and is headed by a moron. I'm glad you're as psyched as I am for them hopefully going out of business!

corn in the bible posted:

You're wrong and dumb, what a shocker

FirstAidKite posted:

IMO a person can dislike a corporation and hope for the corporation's failure while still hoping the the people who work for said corporation get a chance to work for better corporations that aren't as poo poo
yeah!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I don't suppose there've been any Undertale-likes?

Play Lisa.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Palpek posted:

I don't know if I should start watching it or binge when the entire season is out. I'll probably watch the first episode either way though.

It's been a pretty slow burn so far and watching week to week has been frustrating for some people

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Phantasium posted:

Play Lisa.

Lisa came out before undertale by like a year

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lakbay posted:

Lisa came out before undertale by like a year

I wasn't suggesting otherwise, just telling them to play it.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope Gearbox does ok and makes some good games again because from what all I've heard from people who work there it's a great place to work and the people who work there would like to keep working there. I also hope they succeed because it's just healthier for the games industry.

See, it's also ok to not give a poo poo about corporations' contract disputes between each other and hope that they find better times and practices and succeed again.

mutata fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 20, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

mutata posted:

I hope Gearbox does ok and makes some good games again because from what all I've heard from people who work there it's a great place to work and the people who work there would like to keep working there. I also hope they succeed because it's just healthier for the games industry.

I think it's hard to disassociate some of Gearbox's scummier business practices like literally siphoning money away from Colonial Marines' development to fund Borderlands 2, or releasing a barely retouched Bulletstorm remaster from 2011 at full price.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ok, sure, but that's a different discussion from "I gleefully hope hundreds of people lose their jobs that they like and need". There's room for nuance here.

Edit: gently caress it. Fine, whatever.

mutata fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Apr 20, 2017

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

Speaking of key-peddlers of questionable repute...

https://twitter.com/tha_rami/status/855016806129557504

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Well I think when most people say "I hope Gearbox goes under" they're hoping for an end to the Randy Pitchford show and not actually hoping the developers who work hard on these games lose their jobs (although Gearbox has done a good enough job doing that by themselves).

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol someone tell G2A they're a little late to contribute to the G-gate party

exquisite tea posted:

Well I think when most people say "I hope Gearbox goes under" they're hoping for an end to the Randy Pitchford show and not actually hoping the developers who work hard on these games lose their jobs (although Gearbox has done a good enough job doing that by themselves).

Pitchford has never not looked nervous and sweaty and jittery, as if he knows he's in danger of his bullshit being found out. He looked like he was going to poo poo himself when he was showing off the highly apologetic Borderlands 3 "tech demo" which made me laugh because it reeked of "please, please God loom forward to Borderlands 3 we made a mistake and will go back to making something we're good at."

He should take some lessons from Todd Howard who is the all-time loving king of bullshit. Telling people Fallout had like 600 endings or something was loving hilarious and "everything just works" is one of my favorite quotes ever, maybe. Todd Howard owns.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Apr 20, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Kins posted:

Speaking of key-peddlers of questionable repute
I buy games directly on steam for people, I don't sell second-hand cdkeys. Please at least get your facts right in this alternative facts-plagued world, thank you.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Yeah, my point is that those are the same thing. Like, when you say "I sincerely can't wait for Gearbox to fail and shut down" you may be picturing Randy Pitchford, but you also are picturing hundreds of people and their families too.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

mutata posted:

Yeah, my point is that those are the same thing. Like, when you say "I sincerely can't wait for Gearbox to fail and shut down" you may be picturing Randy Pitchford, but you also are picturing hundreds of people and their families too.

Good. Let me watch 'em burn. :getin:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

mutata posted:

See, it's also ok to not give a poo poo about corporations' contract disputes between each other and hope that they find better times and practices and succeed again.

I never said you couldn't.

Just that he didn't say what you said he said.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

mutata posted:

If we take this argument to its logical conclusion then we can never hope that scummy businesses or institutions ever fail because some good people work for them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

everybody involved with the creation of the borderlands franchise should lose their jobs

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
There's finally a lull in games I want to play. It was an extremely good and busy first half of the year

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Gearbox opened a secondary studio in Quebec around about a year ago. They're probably doing better than you'd expect from their recent string of flops. The benefits of saving up all that Half-Life and Borderlands money, I guess...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Lakbay posted:

There's finally a lull in games I want to play. It was an extremely good and busy first half of the year

I hope that sci-fi Souls game on PS4 ends up being pretty good. The Surge I think? The gameplay looks kind of neat but by all accounts Lords of the Fallen was a mixed bag at best.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lakbay posted:

I have excellent news: you're just in time for a new Starsector release. Any day/week/month now.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Who was the person that gearbox stole the borderlands aesthetic from?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why set up in Quebec City instead of Montreal like a normal person

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I understand the mindset that real people with real lives to live are impacted when the companies that employ them maybe do dubious poo poo or feel they deserve culpability for their poor output/performance and maybe we should consider that before throwing it all under the bus. At the same time that is the same mindset that allowed Scrubs Season 9 to happen which was given the excuse of "well if we didn't have that season we wouldn't have been able to keep paying the writers/crew".

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

exquisite tea posted:

I hope that sci-fi Souls game on PS4 ends up being pretty good. The Surge I think? The gameplay looks kind of neat but by all accounts Lords of the Fallen was a mixed bag at best.

I'll probably rent that and be disappointed because the best thing I heard about Lords of the Fallen was that it was mediocre

I hope Prey 2 is ok

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

I never said you couldn't.

Just that he didn't say what you said he said.

My whole point, again, is that yes, he said that. You cannot say "I hope they go out of business" without implicitly saying "I hope all of those people and their families lose their income and Healthcare and homes".

I hope things get better for Gearbox. Borderlands games are fun. Bulletstorm for $60 is silly, and people will either buy it or not. The Aliens thing is a mess and the 2 massive corporations will work it out in court. All I'm saying is that it's messy and maybe don't gleefully wish for the destruction of dozens of lives? Like, maybe you don't have to be excited about the idea? Maybe you can hope they do better instead of just fail and take everyone down with them?

I get that I'm weird insofar as I work in the industry who's destruction I see people actively wishing for. So yeah, I take it a bit personally when people leave the human component out.

mutata fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Apr 20, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

gearbox is bad.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...y/#5751c9a858ca

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Forbes doesn't let me view their site with adblock enabled.

Gearbox is ran by horrible people.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I said come in! posted:

Forbes doesn't let me view their site with adblock enabled.

Gearbox is ran by horrible people.

Oh, is that why Forbes links always redirect to the homepage for me? lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

mutata posted:

My whole point, again, is that yes, he said that. You cannot say "I hope they go out of business" without implicitly saying "I hope all of those people and their families lose their income and Healthcare and homes".

Counterpoint: he can, and he did. Intent matters.

Yes, those lives would be affected, but surely you realize that him saying he doesn't like gearbox and wishes they'd go out of business does not have the same kind of malicious intent as wishing for hundres of people to lose their occupations. If you treat them as being one and the same, unable to exist without the other, then you end up with arguments like this.

exquisite tea posted:

If we take this argument to its logical conclusion then we can never hope that scummy businesses or institutions ever fail because some good people work for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

im sure there are nice people who work at Konami too and that didn't stop people from saying it should eat poo poo, nor should it ever. like I'm sure some nice people work at loving Monsanto but I don't really care

I had no idea Borderlands started as a fairly generic looking shooter, this is news to me. LOL at those blatant star wars poster clones, holy poo poo.

• Locked thread