Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Randy Moss owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That is a very thinly veiled humble brag. "the last time we won 2 out of 3 superbowls :smug: "

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

lmao here we goooo

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/855055509455593472

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

Made it all day without verbally assaulting someone serving me food tho

posted at 8:40 in the morning...

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chilichimp posted:

posted at 8:40 in the morning...

I work nights you mother fucker.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

He's light about 20 players and a non-zero number of coaches/staff from the last Pats white house visit. He thinks he controls the optics on this, but only with fox viewers.

It's fuckin' adorable :allears:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ah drat it. Well most the day

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Look at those facial expressions.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

So beautiful, it's like The Creation of Adam.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I'm sure the Jaguars will still get a prime-time game though.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

I'm sure the Jaguars will still get a prime-time game though.
A Thursday night game against the Titans doesnt count.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Chilichimp posted:

He's light about 20 players and a non-zero number of coaches/staff from the last Pats white house visit. He thinks he controls the optics on this, but only with fox viewers.

It's fuckin' adorable :allears:

Technically less people went. The problem is the NYT showed pictures out of context (no coaches/staff in the group photo) which makes it seem like a substantially smaller group. That is what fake news is.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Nixing the "every team gets a prime time game" rule is probably smart business sense, but I like my annual Titans/Jaguars shitfest or whatever. NFL catering to the freaking normies.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Browns will play all games at 3:30 on Tuesday afternoon so no one has to watch

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

spanky69 posted:

Browns will play all games at 3:30 on Tuesday afternoon so no one has to watch

lol if you don't want to see your team curbstomp the browns

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bigass Moth posted:

Technically less people went. The problem is the NYT showed pictures out of context (no coaches/staff in the group photo) which makes it seem like a substantially smaller group. That is what fake news is.

Probably the wrong thread for this, but no, that is not what "fake news" is. It's either 1. the original definition of intentionally fabricated news stories designed to go viral on Facebook or 2. the new definition of accurate news that portrays Trump in a negative light.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

fsif posted:

Probably the wrong thread for this, but no, that is not what "fake news" is. It's either 1. the original definition of intentionally fabricated news stories designed to go viral on Facebook or 2. the new definition of accurate news that portrays Trump in a negative light.

I'm sorry but posting the pictures the NYT did with the implication that 30 guys showed up total is indeed fake news since it is misleading and does not represent reality. You don't have to be pro-Trump to see how that might be the case.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bigass Moth posted:

I'm sorry but posting the pictures the NYT did with the implication that 30 guys showed up total is indeed fake news since it is misleading and does not represent reality. You don't have to be pro-Trump to see how that might be the case.

It was misleading, yeah, but not "fake news".

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sweet

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Bigass Moth posted:

Congrats on contributing on the stupid poo poo that is normalizing calling everything Fake News

Nov 6, 2002

Intentionally misleading people by presenting things out of context to create a story where there was none seems like fake news to me.

I don't know why the New York Times does poo poo like that. All it does is preach to the choir, further alienate people who might be on the fence and harden those who believe the media is out to get Trump.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 20, 2017

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Intentionally misleading people by presenting things out of context to create a story where there was none seems like fake news to me.

I don't know why the New York Times does poo poo like that. All it does is preach to the choir and further alienate people who might be on the fence.

oh god no the nytimes sports twitter made a funny about a thin-skinned baby that did not include all possible context but matched the actual context, that a whole lot less people showed up to meet the orange man than the black man

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I get that it's largely a semantic argument, but an error in initial reporting that is later corrected/given proper context is not "fake news". The term originally had an entirely different meaning, but it's been appropriated by Trump and allies to try and discredit legitimate news outlets.

https://twitter.com/NYTSports/status/854866272592461825

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Isn't there a chat thread for this poo poo?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Lets just agree that you are both insufferable and be done with it.

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

I get that it's largely a semantic argument, but an error in initial reporting that is later corrected/given proper context is not "fake news". The term originally had an entirely different use, but it's been appropriated by Trump and allies to try and discredit legitimate news outlets.

Except that they're supposed to be one of the premier news gathering organizations in the United States. Making factual errors about ultimately trivial topics (remember that supposed removal of the MLK bust?) which only further flames partisanship because you couldn't do the proper verification is dumb as poo poo.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pats fans are the loving worst.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

...Making factual errors about ultimately trivial topics...

is not a big deal at all, and who loving cares, they issued a correction

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Codependent Poster posted:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

fsif posted:

I get that it's largely a semantic argument, but an error in initial reporting that is later corrected/given proper context is not "fake news". The term originally had an entirely different meaning, but it's been appropriated by Trump and allies to try and discredit legitimate news outlets.

https://twitter.com/NYTSports/status/854866272592461825

It's good they corrected it, but the damage was already done with the inaccurate reporting in the first place. Most people won't see the retraction or read beyond the headline.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I don't know if anybody really asked for this Wonder Twins reboot.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Bigass Moth posted:

It's good they corrected it, but the damage was already done with the inaccurate reporting in the first place. Most people won't see the retraction or read beyond the headline.

The damage was already done!! gently caress!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Bigass Moth posted:

This is an excellent hill to die on, the NYT sports page hurting the feelings of the biggest loving rear end in a top hat in the universe.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bigass Moth posted:

In order to be fake, it has to have been a lie.

Sure pictures showed a greater disparity, but... a disparity was real, regardless.

edit:
Disclaimer: if you dun wanna read political poo poo, ignore this spoilered blurb.

Also, "Fake News" has a meaning in the political lexicon, and it's not "overzealous press" or "media narratives". Fake news is manufactured stories that are outright fiction masquerading as the truth, published by real news outlets. They're created to play on the suspicions of a particular group, reinforcing preconceptions. This tactic makes them MORE believable to those groups, and causes them to spread.

CNN, Fox, MSNBC, Huffingonpost, and even BRIETBART are not "Fake news," and Trumps bastardization of that word really nees to die.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Apr 20, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Why is this so important to argue either way lol

Seriously who gives a poo poo

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm a Pats fan and we're the loving worst

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

TBeats posted:

It's really not important I just can't believe there was an argument about what fake news is in a loving football thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

TBeats posted:

I don't know, it's more interesting than BBQ chat and at least tangentially related to the NFL.

Not exactly much other non-draft stuff going on now anyway.

Bigass Moth posted:

It's really not important I just can't believe there was an argument about what fake news is in a loving football thread.

You brought it up!

fsif fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Apr 20, 2017

• Locked thread