Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

King Vidiot posted:

Ghost written by Bernie Wouldawon

The book is actually pretty harsh on Bernie. It acknowledges that he beat Hillary in the department that wound up coming back to bite her (communicating a vision of what the candidate wanted for America to the voter) but in general portrays him as stubbornly focused on using the campaign to increase his reputation in the Senate. It also claims his attacks on her character provided more fuel for the "Crooked Hillary" image that dogged her throughout the campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

RaySmuckles posted:

they want a deterrent to prevent the US from declaring war on them

currently the US is threatening to start a war with them

north korea is not going to start a war that will see its nation destroyed and its leadership culled. people don't get to power in a murderous dictatorship by being suicidal. come on.

i don't think north korea is great, nor do i love it. but i also don't see it as "dangerous." stupid and belligerent sometimes, sure. but so's the US and our belligerence has significantly greater consequences than north korea's. we're the danger. poo poo people in here are calling for war with one of russia's strongest allies, a war that they've declared to be a "red line" that the US shouldn't cross.

but nah, its north korea that's dangerous because somehow despite (poorly) managing a nation of millions they're actually a suicidal death cult just waiting to nuke everything in the region because their national leader is somehow bored of living a life of incomprehensible decadence and banging his army of sex-slaves

Lmao

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Panzeh posted:

Yep. Nobody's going to get an abortion that late unless its medically necessary. I don't see the reason the law needs to get involved.

yeah good answer I'm going with that.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

skasion posted:

It also claims his attacks on her character provided more fuel for the "Crooked Hillary" image that dogged her throughout the campaign.

It did, except he wasn't wrong.

Like, here's a radical idea, instead of crying about how some mean old man is calling you out on being a corporate puppet, why not just try not being a corporate puppet?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Now, I don't LOVE North Korea said raysmuckles, tiny juche chode in hand,

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i probably shot myself in the foot by trying to get a degree in mass media because it fascinates me except the entire degree program was filled with people who picked mass media because they like watching netflix and wanted to be weathermen. people that don't like Marshall McLuhan because his writings make them uncomfortable because he's forecasted the entire psychology of consuming media and they are like foie gras geese funneling that poo poo into their mouths

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

King Vidiot posted:

Like, here's a radical idea, instead of crying about how some mean old man is calling you out on being a corporate puppet, why not just try not being a corporate puppet?

Most of the people interviewed for the book are more sympathetic to hillary than the average person. People on Hillary's campaign team are gonna be like that.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
my favorite part of modern media is how they are terrified of people like PewDiePie

just lmao

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

VikingSkull posted:

my favorite part of modern media is how they are terrified of people like PewDiePie

just lmao

I don't think a negative article is a sign of fear lol and then pdp had a meltdown about it.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

T.S. Smelliot posted:

I wish you had stayed banned. Happy 420 btw!! blaze it up.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
*guy with no less than six star wars tattoos on him* like im pretty sure the matrix is a metaphor for religion. the machines are god. except, like, if god actually existed because he doesn't.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Youtube celebrities handle criticism like eight-year-olds because they're used to nothing but adoration.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Panzeh posted:

I don't think a negative article is a sign of fear lol and then pdp had a meltdown about it.

except there were actually dozens of articles about it and they all hit at the same time

it was pretty amazing actually, and I hate the guy

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Tiny Juche Chode would make a sweet username

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

RaySmuckles posted:

i don't think north korea is great, nor do i love it.
glad we got this poo poo cleared up 👌

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i want you to imagine a class on critical media theory where every person watched They Live in class and nobody saw beyond the surface level. a single person raises their hand and says that the glasses were symbolism for truth

thats college

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nigga crab pollock posted:

*guy with no less than six star wars tattoos on him* like im pretty sure the matrix is a metaphor for religion. the machines are god. except, like, if god actually existed because he doesn't.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Panzeh posted:

dude there were like 20 articles

articles about how pewdiepie is turning your kids into alt-right nazis

it was a hit campaign lol

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I just think it's hilarious Hillary ran without a vision. She was so out of touch by living in her protective bubble for 30 years that she had literally no clue why voters were so upset and angry with the status quo. Everything looked fine from her ivory tower.
There was no impetus for her to run other than her ego.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

Yeah it's like she wasn't believing any of the things she said and just was expecting to win in a walk against Herr Drumpf but somehow still couldn't pull her own organizations head out of it's rear end and do actual campaign work in states where they were needed most. weird, I know

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

VikingSkull posted:

except there were actually dozens of articles about it and they all hit at the same time

it was pretty amazing actually, and I hate the guy

Only one of them even came close to calling him a nazi, most of them just mentioned one of his vids.

Then pdp dumps hours of material about how hes being censored.

I have a hard time feeling sympathy. Its the internet, people poo poo on each other.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Panzeh posted:

Only one of them even came close to calling him a nazi, most of them just mentioned one of his vids.

I have a hard time feeling sympathy. Its the internet, people poo poo on each other.

dude the first google result from the washington post when you google 'pewdiepie nazi' literally calls pewdiepie a nazi in the title

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

dude the first google result from the washington post when you google 'pewdiepie nazi' literally calls pewdiepie a nazi in the title

Poor widdle millionaire pdp got his feels hurt.

Btw i read the wapo article and it never calls him a nazi, it mostly just quotes his screed about how everyones out to get him.

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 20, 2017

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Panzeh posted:

Poor widdle millionaire pdp got his feels hurt

except now people will know pewdiepie as 'that nazi' instead of 'that unfunny guy' and you can probably thank the DNC for that and i eagerly await the leaked emails that show them talking to the washington post about writing hit pieces against a youtube streamer for children

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Panzeh posted:

Poor widdle millionaire pdp got his feels hurt.

Btw i read the wapo article and it never calls him a nazi, it mostly just quotes his screed about how everyones out to get him.

except it calls him a nazi in the loving title you moron lmao

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

except it calls him a nazi in the loving title you moron lmao

No, it referred to a Nazi joke. You don't read articles i guess.

But maybe i just don't 'get' pdp.

Article title:An attack by the media’: Pewdiepie apologizes for Nazi jokes but says the press is out to get him

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Panzeh posted:

Between Gamergate and the Clinton Campaign, media collusion has never been more obvious

Bring back The Fairness Doctrine

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Jesus don't even start the gamergate poo poo

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Panzeh posted:

Yep. Nobody's going to get an abortion that late unless its medically necessary. I don't see the reason the law needs to get involved.

lol, this study says you're full of poo poo.

https://www.guttmacher.org/journals/psrh/2013/11/who-seeks-abortions-or-after-20-weeks

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Panzeh posted:

No, it referred to a Nazi joke. You don't read articles i guess.

But maybe i just don't 'get' pdp.

the content of articles is pretty much the least important part of them. it's not like they have actual writers, just unpaid 20-something interns who have never left the western seaboard. if the rise of clickbait titles hasn't clued you in the titles are pretty much the only important part of articles because they get more impressions than the text of the article and it is the primary hook for clicks, which is the thing that makes them money. and it was an anti-semitic joke and not really a nazi joke so the only reason they would say it's a nazi joke is to make the implication that pewdiepie is a nazi. if you are orchestrating a hit campaign that is pretyt much exactly what you do, you write articles that slightlyu misconstrue the situation and make associations between the target and a straw man such as that the anti semitism that a person exhibits makes them a nazi, which while related has much broader and worse implications than a jew joke

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

bonerjam posted:

yeah good answer I'm going with that.

It sounds good and confirms what I already think.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

the content of articles is pretty much the least important part of them. it's not like they have actual writers, just unpaid 20-something interns who have never left the western seaboard. if the rise of clickbait titles hasn't clued you in the titles are pretty much the only important part of articles because they get more impressions than the text of the article and it is the primary hook for clicks, which is the thing that makes them money. and it was an anti-semitic joke and not really a nazi joke so the only reason they would say it's a nazi joke is to make the implication that pewdiepie is a nazi. if you are orchestrating a hit campaign that is pretyt much exactly what you do, you write articles that slightlyu misconstrue the situation and make associations between the target and a straw man such as that the anti semitism that a person exhibits makes them a nazi, which while related has much broader and worse implications than a jew joke

my favorite part of the whole saga was when it was revealed one of the WSJ writers in the original article had a bunch of racist and anti-semitic jokes on his Twitter feed

just lol

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

my favorite part of the whole saga was when it was revealed one of the WSJ writers in the original article had a bunch of racist and anti-semitic jokes on his Twitter feed

just lol

I'm glad Donald won over Hillary simply because my jokes are now considered ok.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Article title not sympathetic enough: a conspiracy.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

ArbitraryC posted:

I understand the gestalt of this, like her "fight song" vid, but what was the specific example they were referencing here.

quote:

Hillary Rodham Clinton quoted the Broadway musical Hamilton at the climax of her July 28 speech accepting the nomination from the Democratic Party for President of the United States.

In the section of the speech where she talked about how the real goal of America is to create a greater future for our children, Clinton said, “Though ’we may not live to see the glory,‘ as the song from the musical Hamilton goes, ‘let us gladly join the fight.’ Let our legacy be about ’planting seeds in a garden you never get to see.’ That's why we're here...not just in this hall, but on this Earth. The Founders showed us that.”
http://www.playbill.com/article/hillary-clinton-quotes-hamilton-in-dnc-acceptance-speech

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

darth_pizza posted:

Yeah it's like she wasn't believing any of the things she said and just was expecting to win in a walk against Herr Drumpf but somehow still couldn't pull her own organizations head out of it's rear end and do actual campaign work in states where they were needed most. weird, I know

It sounds like you're arguing with me, but we both agree on the issue.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Youtube star gets targeted by an article - who cares!

Next day multiple follow on articles target same dude - eh, it's no big thing

Weeks later a campaign against advertisers on Youtube over "hate speech" - lol gently caress Youtube

Campaign appears to only target alternative right wing and progressive left wing content producers - I'm sure it's nothing, certainly not a targeted attack

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

"Later abortion recipients experienced logistical delays (e.g., difficulty finding a provider and raising funds for the procedure and travel costs), which compounded other delays in receiving care."

IOW, these weren't necessarily late-term abortions by choice.

E: the other factors mentioned (raising multiple children alone, depression, domestic abuse, or. It finding out about the pregnancy until later) are all part of larger societal issues that we should be dealing with anyway. It sounds like dealing with these underlying issues and maybe that would have an effect.

christmas boots fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

Youtube star

• Locked thread