Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

HGH posted:

Oh, someone else finally suffering from Rain's idiotic Cover ability. I swear that thing exists purely to mess up fights. Please Rain, cover my Cecil, he obviously needs it sooo much. Yeesh. And Cecil never covers Refia or Yshtola to boot.

So, now that maintenance is up... did anyone ever get a Limit Burst Pot in week 2 egg summons? I didn't get as much eggs due to taking care of someone at a hospital then getting a cold myself, but a good half a million eggs later I felt that they were completely removed from the summon rotation.

I went through 340k eggs yesterday morning and got 3 LB pots. I don't know how many eggs I had when maintenance hit but I doubt I'll get any from those eggs when it ends. Definitely won't have enough rainbow eggs to get all of the megacrysts so I need to figure out which ones I care the least about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah I got plenty of burst pots in week two. It's an RNG thing, there were times I'd go two days with none, then pull four.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

What's Nova Launcher? And Memu runs like poo poo for me. There's something about enabling a visual something mode in the BIOS but that seems like a bigger hassle than just figuring out how to help Nox get stable

It prevents Nox from dropping icons on the home screen which is what accounts for 99% of the crashes I've had. Here's a pretty good checklist of making Nox run better: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/668qxk/crash_fixes_for_nox/

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

hamburgers in pockets posted:

See, I tried this with Rain, Durandal+Black Belt Cecil, Dana's Lightning and Noctis to lock down every element, but goddamned Rain would keep covering everyone and getting himself killed. Even if Cecil had used his level 25 LB and had Provoke on, Rain would still tank hits until he died then I'd have to rush to revive him and hope that Gilgamesh wouldn't wipe me before I could get off another Lava Floor.

When that's kind of an issue, which is why I loaded him up with all my HP gear so I had Rain at over 6000hp and he managed to stay alive. Give that a go.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

King Mog
80,000x Pure Crysts (Max: 1 per type)
15,000x +15% MP (Max: 1)
35,000x +15% ATK (Max: 1)
10,000x 1% TM (Max: 5)
30,000x 10% TM (Max: 1)
10,000x Tabby Suit
3,000x Beret
3,200x Materia (Max:4 per)
Warrior Mage: +5% MAG/SPR/+10% MP
Returner: +5% ATK/DEF/+10% MP

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
80k for a T5 awakening mat. Jesus christ.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

80k for a T5 awakening mat. Jesus christ.

It was 100k in Japan.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

hamsystem posted:

It prevents Nox from dropping icons on the home screen which is what accounts for 99% of the crashes I've had. Here's a pretty good checklist of making Nox run better: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/668qxk/crash_fixes_for_nox/

Tyvm

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Server's up.

Blew 16 tickets and no Setzers. :negative:

Did one 11 pull for Setzer:

I'll take it.

edit: Got Setzer with the 1 rare ticket reward from Floating Continent mission clear. Done with the banner I guess?

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 20, 2017

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Not a lot of fish on ELT.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

If you're putting up a Setzer, please put an elemental weapon on, even a crappy one, for chainsawing purposes. I'm going with Fire, since I have Vernard,unless people want to go another direction.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I spent 64 tickets:

It was worth it.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Spent my 16 regular tickets and got a flood if Gaus, Terras a Gaf and a Vanille.

4* ticket got me Setzer :)

Super tempted to 11 pull to try to get Trance Terra against my better judgement.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
FYI Dark Ifrit/Siren has been patched.

32,000 exp now

Still less energy than a 15NRG vortex run, but not as glamorous.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

hagie posted:

FYI Dark Ifrit/Siren has been patched.

32,000 exp now

Still less energy than a 15NRG vortex run, but not as glamorous.

Aww son of a bitch. Right after the awakening mats come back.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Spent 12 tickets to get Setzer. On the way, I got no rainbows, but got my 3rd Xon, my 2nd WoL, 3rd Gaffgarion and 6th Zidane.

I also spent 500 Lapis on the daily bundle to get the Rainbow Blooms I needed to get Xon to 6*.

BDawg fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 20, 2017

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

I updated but now i get a connection error, tried WI-FI and 4G. Also tried to restart. Anyone else have this problem.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Got a setzer right outta the gate. First crystal on an 11 pull, got four more Terra's, a gau, another chizuru and some trash. But now I'm having connection issues and can't log in. I'll slap a Vernard or something on setzer as soon as I can.

565 398 787

Seriously though, why can't I make my magitek armor terra a contender, why why why?

Tall Tale Teller fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Apr 20, 2017

Azure
Oct 30, 2010

Garth_Marenghi posted:

I updated but now i get a connection error, tried WI-FI and 4G. Also tried to restart. Anyone else have this problem.

Yep. Stuck on connecting :(.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Spent my 4* ticket and got Setzer.

Prob should just hang on to the rest in the meantime yeah?

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

No MAG pots fed yet :getin:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
3 golds for Chiz #6, Refia #?, and Shine #3. Going to be that kind of banner again.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
drat, this event is stingy with currency, and I can't run my Firion and a squad of Kefka fodder and clear it easily. Anyone have any advice for the bare minimum I need to beat Elite boss so I can bring as many bonus units as possible? I'm thinking of bringing Minfilia to get the big fire resistance buff and hoping that's enough, I think my Firion can kill it in three rounds with Fin Briar, but my last attempt he got worn down and killed in round 2.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

Palleon posted:

drat, this event is stingy with currency, and I can't run my Firion and a squad of Kefka fodder and clear it easily. Anyone have any advice for the bare minimum I need to beat Elite boss so I can bring as many bonus units as possible? I'm thinking of bringing Minfilia to get the big fire resistance buff and hoping that's enough, I think my Firion can kill it in three rounds with Fin Briar, but my last attempt he got worn down and killed in round 2.

With 3 Terras and a Setzer I usually get 600-700 fish, and Golden bomb rates seem to be pretty high - I've gotten 3 already today.

Ultima weapon is vulnerable to paralyze, so if you have a Xon or a friend Noctis to Fire Flask it you can shut him down for a few turns at least.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so this event runs for 300 days, right. because thats how long it would take to get the t5 mats. holy gently caress what is wrong with gumi, this is insane. with a full party of 50% bonus units and a trance terra i think i got 700 fish from the 13 stamina mission (and barely even killed ultima weapon)

also 20 tickets later and i got another hope and a bunch of poo poo (the hope is also poo poo but he was the 4* from those pulls) :smith:

HGH posted:

Oh, someone else finally suffering from Rain's idiotic Cover ability. I swear that thing exists purely to mess up fights. Please Rain, cover my Cecil, he obviously needs it sooo much. Yeesh. And Cecil never covers Refia or Yshtola to boot.

So, now that maintenance is up... did anyone ever get a Limit Burst Pot in week 2 egg summons? I didn't get as much eggs due to taking care of someone at a hospital then getting a cold myself, but a good half a million eggs later I felt that they were completely removed from the summon rotation.

i got something like five last night in 100k eggs or so

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 20, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Said gently caress it and 11 pulled-got 3 Setzers. Sweet.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Got Setzer and a Leon from 15 tickets. I'll call it a W there but I'll probably try more half pulls to maybe skunk another one.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
All my energy for the morning and not a single special spawn. Bleh.

I'm running it with Noctis, 2x Terra, 2x Kefka, and friend unit(preferably T.Terra, otherwise an Olive). So far summonings this morning have been pretty crappy(a second terra and second kefka, which I guess is OK for the bonus, then just crap).

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Gumi got me.

I said gently caress it, spent 20 bux to get enough for two eleven pulls and got rewarded with crap. I didn't even get a second Setzer.

Learn from my example fellow goons

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

God drat it.

I just NOW pulled a Xon on my 1/2 pull.

FML

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Hahaha, FML. Decided to spend $20 on lapis just once to allow for an 11 pull. Only 2 golds, snow and a third refia. I regret everything.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

my luck has run out, out of like 8 pulls from tickets and daily i got frans, amarants and 1 kefka :D. Now if they would loving play FF6 the CELES I pulled should be like a 200% bonus to fishing

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

13 tickets so far, 4 golds and none are Setzer.

I've given up even seeing another rainbow, but pulling my 7th and 8th Agrias on this banner is pretty demoralizing.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

2-11 pulls. 6 Golds, only 1 Setzer but I did get my first Snow along with 2 more Quick Attack TMs.

Rainbow trolled by Queen, thankfully her TM is nice.

edit: Spent my 4* after 11 normal ones, ticket and got Trance Terra. Still only 1 Setzer though GD it.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 20, 2017

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I awakened Kefka to 6*, even though it's probably a waste, in honor of him being my best unit for months at the start of the game. Too bad he's lame now.

I can one round Ultimate Weapon with my Olive on ELT. Takes some set up, as I need attack song, imperil, and deprotect up, but not like my bonus units can do much else. Then her 25/25 Death From Above LB crushes it, thanks egg pulls.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Who the gently caress is Lani and why did I just pull her

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Langolas posted:

my luck has run out, out of like 8 pulls from tickets and daily i got frans, amarants and 1 kefka :D. Now if they would loving play FF6 the CELES I pulled should be like a 200% bonus to fishing

I also got a Celes today! If only she was a bonus unit, like she should be.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i know most people dont like these events, i actually tend to like them, and i cant believe how awful the drop rate on the bonus currency is

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Shingouryu posted:

With 3 Terras and a Setzer I usually get 600-700 fish, and Golden bomb rates seem to be pretty high - I've gotten 3 already today.

Ultima weapon is vulnerable to paralyze, so if you have a Xon or a friend Noctis to Fire Flask it you can shut him down for a few turns at least.

I've got a Black Cat Lit and a Ling so I'll rotate them in. Thanks, should have looked for that first.

And in terms of the fish, yeah, I'm getting about 700 with my units, and I want to say in the last event, with a similar loadout, I was getting thousands?

Palleon fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

i know most people dont like these events, i actually tend to like them, and i cant believe how awful the drop rate on the bonus currency is

Yea, usually 2 50%s + friend random % usually nets me at or over 500. I'm lucky to see 300 from pro.

I need the awakening mats, but holy gently caress.

• Locked thread