Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Re: Badcast. May I make a suggestion? Don't wish list. It can get rather boring listening to people go on about "You know what would be cool? If they re-released THIS guy!" Otherwise, good work.

We'll be issuing you all a full refund.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

The Sex Cannon posted:

I don't think that's in the budget.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Stanyer89 posted:

I did a very bad thing.

I set my mounds of dirty resin aside and bought the SWA box set yesterday.

After two years of no 40k, they got me. drat you GW you got me...

And it feels so right!

I was legit surprised at how solid the set was, top-to-bottom. The book was more substantial than I expected and there was more terrain than I expected there to be. Hell, even the box was way sturdier than what I was expecting.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Oddly enough, I really enjoyed that part, but that's probably because I like collecting and painting the wierd old miniatures from back in the day. Not things like "generic Cadian" but stuff like my Space Elf named leader who has a wierd Demon mask, or the wierdboy cannon. I wouldn't mind finding out about more cool looking old minis that are so old that most people don't remember them or know about them.

Speaking of which, went through my old minis and found my old Khorne Berserkers. Man those were cool models unlike the modern ones.

Edit: odd, I can't find any examples of these models online. They are old and metal, and don't have helmet crests, but instead have skull helms.

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 20, 2017

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?

chutche2 posted:

Speaking of admech

This is my first draft of an admech list. I was planning on picking up 2 of the skitarii start collecting boxes at some point and building from there. I don't know what I'm doing and any advice would be great. I was thinking of using gun kastellans but a warden knight seems like it'd fill the role a lot better for not much more points.

I'm aware of war convocation and know it would be more competitive but I don't really care to use it.

One thought I had is I could drop the arc rifle ranger squad, the knight, and the pater radium from the vanguard. That'd let me put in 2 gun kastelans and a sicaran ruststalkers unit, giving one kastellan a phosphor blaster and giving the ruststalker princeps a dataspike and refractor field. IWND on the knight and access to Cawl's archmagos canticles sounds sweet though.

Is that from a particular army builder program?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

jadebullet posted:

Oddly enough, I really enjoyed that part, but that's probably because I like collecting and painting the wierd old miniatures from back in the day. Not things like "generic Cadian" but stuff like my Space Elf named leader who has a wierd Demon mask, or the wierdboy cannon. I wouldn't mind finding out about more cool looking old minis that are so old that most people don't remember them or know about them.

Btw, went through my old minis and found my old Khorne Berserkers. Man those were cool models unlike the modern ones.

The "Modern" berserkers that came out more than 15 years ago?

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

I was legit surprised at how solid the set was, top-to-bottom. The book was more substantial than I expected and there was more terrain than I expected there to be. Hell, even the box was way sturdier than what I was expecting.

Everything about it surprised me. I haven't had a full on erection for 40k in a long time. I bought the box thinking, "If everything else sucks at least I got some cool terrain pieces for 30k". Solid 40k purchase, decently priced and didn't leave me with the "crying in the shower after a rape scene from the 90's" feeling.

Well played GW.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Plastic scouts and ork boys. The latest in jewels of wonder.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

jadebullet posted:

Edit: odd, I can't find any examples of these models online. They are old and metal, and don't have helmet crests, but instead have skull helms.

Could you post a picture of em? I might be able to dig em up. They're probably just called World Eaters or something.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

TTerrible posted:

Plastic scouts and ork boys. The latest in jewels of wonder.

I actually needed Scouts for my Marine army and I think the current plastic scouts are a perfectly fine kit.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

I actually needed Scouts for my Marine army and I think the current plastic scouts are a perfectly fine kit.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

mongol posted:

Is that from a particular army builder program?

https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

When you're done click "print preview" and then "Download list image" to make an image of it.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

jadebullet posted:

Speaking of which, went through my old minis and found my old Khorne Berserkers. Man those were cool models unlike the modern ones.

I know exactly which ones you are talking about - they were a short-lived variant, and I want to say they were based on the Heresy Era armor. I don't remember the year they were released through, and can't find them on Stuff of Legends.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Hey man they can't all be Ryan Goslings

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Der Waffle Mous posted:

That said taser goads do two additional S6 hits on a 6, and Flechette Blasters only grant the shred rerolls during shooting and the extra attack for being a pistol. Don't bother with the power weapon versions because you'll probably win thru the sheer volume of wounds you'll be inflicting.

Ah, that's right. I forgot that it's melee weapon in CC.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

Hey man they can't all be Ryan Goslings

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Luckily I am using SW heads.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
1) I like wish listing, just make sure you have a fixed number list ahead of time so it's not just browsing a catalog live.

2) it's -ees or -ays. I think Custodays and Arbitays sounds best.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

SRM posted:

Could you post a picture of em? I might be able to dig em up. They're probably just called World Eaters or something.

Yeah, I will take a pic of them when I get home from work. They are really cool looking and I am glad that I bought them. (Even if I don't fully remember doing so. It was an instance of ebay while drunk)

Edit: Adeptus Custard and Adeptus Arbys

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

mango sentinel posted:

2) it's -ees or -ays. I think Custodays and Arbitays sounds best.
So help me god I'll pronounce git wrong again

TheChirurgeon posted:

I think it's an okay kit, the scout biker heads help a lot, and I'm very happy with my Chaos Warrior headswaps. The metal ones had way better faces.

jadebullet posted:

Yeah, I will take a pic of them when I get home from work. They are really cool looking and I am glad that I bought them. (Even if I don't fully remember doing so. It was an instance of ebay while drunk)

Edit: Adeptus Custard and Adeptus Arbys

There's nothing more dangerous than the ham drunk enough to go on eBay, but sober enough to remember their login credentials.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

SRM posted:

This is my kink.

Also I like hearing about cool old models because I'm a new hobbyist and unfamiliar with older ranges.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

RagnarokAngel posted:

https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

When you're done click "print preview" and then "Download list image" to make an image of it.

Can't find where you found the option for SWA. I'll just have to do it the old fashion way.

Excel.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Stanyer89 posted:

Can't find where you found the option for SWA. I'll just have to do it the old fashion way.

Excel.

It's not. The guy was asking about stock 40k.

However Battlescribe now has rules for SWA so if you're willing to download it, you can try that.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Hey man they're brothers

Also that one probably could be saved with some eyebrows and like, a moustache

there we go

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Put that mustache in every scout.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

SRM posted:

*twitches*

quote:

I think it's an okay kit, the scout biker heads help a lot, and I'm very happy with my Chaos Warrior headswaps. The metal ones had way better faces.

I'm going to use NVG heads from the sniper kit. The biker ones don't seem to fit quite as well, which is particularly odd given that the torsos obviously come from the same CAD file.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

mango sentinel posted:

Put that mustache in every scout.

Consider it done

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Badcast mentioned a helpful guide to painting faces in WD - does anyone know what issue that's from?

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Personally, I would get a kick out of some sort of Warhammer antiques roadshow that features unique old sculpts and stuff like that.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

The Sex Cannon posted:

UNSUBBED!

Nah, it's fine, just some hopefully helpful feedback.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

moths posted:

Badcast mentioned a helpful guide to painting faces in WD - does anyone know what issue that's from?

October 2016. I don't use the full guide on every dude I paint but I've been using parts of it on every face since.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

ElBrak posted:

Got to play Shadow War for the first time at the Games Workshop near me in Kent, WA. Was the first time I played anything 40kish in years. Was a blast, I played my orks against the store manager's genestealer cultists. Wiped them out to a single man with close combat even though the store there has practically no terrain. ( He is trying to encourage people to bring their own and not break the store's stuff.)

Man gw stores are so bad

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
As someone who's seen manchildren demolish the terrain I've built over and over again, I can sympathise.

But considering supply will send you down new poo poo at the drop of a hat that's a pretty loving dumb policy.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SteelMentor posted:

As someone who's seen manchildren demolish the terrain I've built over and over again, I can sympathise.

But considering supply will send you down new poo poo at the drop of a hat that's a pretty loving dumb policy.

I guess it depends on the store, my local GW store had like two one story ruins and a set of trees for their entire 40k table until very recently.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
It just seems like the dudes probably lazy. He doesn't want to paint it. I'm sure he could get a table full free and it'd help sell his games.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
My store has a SWA demo force because I painted it.
Painting store figures goes incredibly slowly. Podsibly related to painting customers armies for store birthday and people getting fairly huge armies painted for them that way.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Duplo blocks spray painted grey would be good for city combat.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

This is probably the best cheap idea, especially if you texture them with sand and PVA first.

But off-brand Duplo would be much cheaper.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
All of my terrain and some scenic bases are hunks of resin from FW products, so probably the most obscenely priced scenery you can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Hey man they're brothers

Also that one probably could be saved with some eyebrows and like, a moustache

there we go

poo poo now you've got me tempted to paint moustaches on my guardsmen :allears:

• Locked thread