Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

wow a whole lot of people in here trying to realize these fake stories

Eh. Kids do stuff like this sometimes. My kids write stupid letters like this as part of their pretend games.

The definite STDH is whatever story the parent is telling about the kid trying to pass it off as real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
That story doesn't immediately scream fake to me like most others, BUT it was posted to Reddit for fake internet points so either it is made up or the parents are exploiting their child for karma.

Either way burn Reddit to the ground

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Khazar-khum posted:

'mixed race'--mom has no idea who the dad is

Non Serviam posted:

Women's rights in Islam. Stdh.

Hey guys, I'm not sure if these comments were intended to be racist or just come off that way a bit, but please be mindful of what you say and how you say things.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

https://m.imgur.com/tyDhTll?r

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Couldn't a parrot technically do that?

But then, Alexa has to get to know your voice. I don't know how well it would handle a parrot's...parroting.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

life is killing me posted:

But then, Alexa has to get to know your voice. I don't know how well it would handle a parrot's...parroting.

Does it? I didn't know that. I don't have the can, but the remote on the FireTV stick worked out of the box with no training or anything.

If only there were a bird aficionado in the thread...

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

hogmartin posted:

If only there were a bird aficionado in the thread...

:ninja:

Greys can be incredibly accurate mimics, I want to believe

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Drunk Tomato posted:

That story doesn't immediately scream fake to me like most others, BUT it was posted to Reddit for fake internet points so either it is made up or the parents are exploiting their child for karma.

I feel like there's a mismatch between the amount/quality of the writing/syntax and the handwriting quality. Like, any kid beyond first or second grade shouldn't have hand-writing that bad, and in first grade (maybe second also but I can only speak for first since my mom taught it for decades) kids generally are just writing individual sentences.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like there's a mismatch between the amount/quality of the writing/syntax and the handwriting quality. Like, any kid beyond first or second grade shouldn't have hand-writing that bad, and in first grade (maybe second also but I can only speak for first since my mom taught it for decades) kids generally are just writing individual sentences.

I uh...some years back I found an old lovely paper I wrote in either middle school or early high school and my handwriting looked like that. Though I had impeccable spelling and decent grammar. My handwriting has only somewhat improved in the intervening decade.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Captain Monkey posted:

What a smart and awesome kid!

- no letterhead
- handwritten, poorly
- what school sends letters home on lined paper?
- it suggests that the student is in grade school, but I'm Pretty Sure video gamew classes are only in college or higher
- no way an elementary school would recommend a student stay up all night
- What school administration would sign a form lettervas "the school"? not even trying
- getting low grades in one class is enough for expulsion? bullshit

Guys, pretty sure this is bullshit and obviously written by a student for zany internet points.

Mr. Belpit has a new favorite as of 23:33 on Apr 19, 2017

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Ytlaya posted:

Depends on the school? First graders IM(current)E can write way more than individual sentences. They might not write as fast or have as much stamina as older kids but they can definitely write that amount. A second grader could definitely write that.

I think its more iosm than STDH for the reason drunk tomate posted

Drunk Tomato posted:

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
From a discussion about a $40k Ferrari

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Whether or not this s did h, I think the important thing here is the bird is named Larry Bird.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012
Being high on pot is much like being a retard

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Handwriting chat- I've seen numbers adult men with handwriting that bad, and with worse spelling.

I want to believe that is real, not just because it looks like some dumb poo poo my cousin would have pulled, but because it is cute. I also want to believe the parrot one.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I too scream before christ.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
From a wrestling forum I frequent.

quote:

Sort of on the same lines, but yesterday my (very) new girlfriend phoned me when I was in the pub. My ringtone is the Nakamura theme.
At least 15 people joined in with the tune. There weren't many more in the pub.
Made it kind of cool, but I also got booed when I answered the call!

I mean Nakamura has a catchy as hell theme but the idea of at least random fifteen people humming along is right up there with the entire room applauding.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
What the gently caress is a Nakamura

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

A bicycle I think.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Garrand posted:

I uh...some years back I found an old lovely paper I wrote in either middle school or early high school and my handwriting looked like that. Though I had impeccable spelling and decent grammar. My handwriting has only somewhat improved in the intervening decade.

I was directly asked by professors to do something about my non-legible scrawl. I began to print instead, which got me an instant A when one glanced down at the test I'd just turned in. Sadly, he did not ask me to marry him, not did the class erupt in applause. I'm starting to feel cheated.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

A little animal, like a shrew, I believe.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
It's the pub, I could easily believe that.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
If the line was pretty far from the front door, what was the brother doing out there? Who just orders pizza and sits outside to wait for them instead of making them ring the doorbell like a normal person? Why would he need to step over the line if the guy was already close enough to hand the pizza to?

Plus even going by Supernatural's stupid rules, if he were a demon he could have just gone around it. It has to completely block an entrance or be a closed circle to work.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Little known Supernatural lore, demons also can't walk on the grass. This is why lawns were invented. The more you know.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

If the line was pretty far from the front door, what was the brother doing out there? Who just orders pizza and sits outside to wait for them instead of making them ring the doorbell like a normal person? Why would he need to step over the line if the guy was already close enough to hand the pizza to?

Plus even going by Supernatural's stupid rules, if he were a demon he could have just gone around it. It has to completely block an entrance or be a closed circle to work.

People sometimes want to sit outside instead of inside? Don't particularly see the issue there.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

People sometimes want to sit outside instead of inside? Don't particularly see the issue there.

It just seemed like a really contrived way to give the pizza guy a reason to cross the pile of spilled salt. Like he was wondering "what if people ask how he got to the door to ring the bell? oh I'll just make my brother be standing outside when he gets there".

It is the least bullshit part of the story, I admit, but the whole thing is a stupid "what if Supernatural was real guyz" story so I don't believe any of it, even the somewhat normal parts.

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

Captain Monkey posted:

What a smart and awesome kid!

The thing that gives this one away as STDH is that just like every other fake letter written for Internet points it goes out of its way to remain as anonymous as possible.

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
I once worked for Domino's as a delivery driver, am I unknowingly a demon? :ohdear:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I currently work as one and i can slowly feel slowing hating people more and more. Perhaps i am already the demons.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
If it's nice out, I'll sit on the porch and have a smoke when it gets near the delivery time. Some places including Domino's have a progress tracker so it's pretty easy to tell. Saves my time and the driver's, plus they don't have to cross the salt line.

Gambor
Oct 24, 2005

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It is the least bullshit part of the story, I admit, but the whole thing is a stupid "what if Supernatural was real guyz" story so I don't believe any of it, even the somewhat normal parts.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, it's a story about a driver with a sense of humor, and the guy told the story in a joking way.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
maybe it doesn't matter because supernatural is a trash show with an even more trash fan community

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Gwaint posted:

I once worked for Domino's as a delivery driver, am I unknowingly a demon? :ohdear:

Gwaint, you are the demons. :doom:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

maybe it doesn't matter because supernatural is a trash show with an even more trash fan community

What do you have against incest and dog loving and dog loving incest?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Sorry, "wincest".

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Fathis Munk posted:

Sorry, "wincest".

anyone who has ever used this term unironically should be seal team six'd like right now

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
You guys know the salt thing isn't only from Supernatural, right? The superstition of if you spill salt, throw some over your left shoulder?

Obviously the story's stupid and mostly a joke, but let's not assign attributes to someone just to make them more pathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Also the salt keeping witches away is super old too. Like, has no one seen Hocus Pocus?