Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Harrow posted:

I'm curious: what did everyone name Joker?

At this point I generally name my Persona protagonists after previous Persona or SMT characters, which is how my Joker became a distant relative of the Kuzunoha clan.

Kaitou Takashi. Kaitou since Phantom Thief (and his nickname is Joker(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mysterious_Joker)), and Takashi after Hideyasu Takahashi, the author of Kaitou Joker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I ended up just using his manga first name because I couldn't think of anything better, so he's Akira Kuzunoha. I think it flows pretty well, at least.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I think this game's Normal difficulty is actually perfect for what it should be. This game has the most hype and mainstream attention as any in the series has gotten, so it's going to be played by more people than ever (hopefully) including those with no experience of these systems. To make the default setting be true SMT-tough would be unwise for this title.

Oh certainly, I completely agree. Normal is exactly what it should be (maybe even a little over-tuned in the first Palace, but not after that). But that's why I'm totally happy playing on Hard, because I know that I want a difficulty where I have to care a lot about buffs and debuffs like in SMT, and that's basically how Hard is balanced. I even like how getting hit and taking damage from an enemy you haven't debuffed is a very bad thing. The only problem with Hard is how that spiky enemy damage interacts with the "game over if Joker is KO'd" rule, really.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Harrow posted:

At this point I generally name my Persona protagonists after previous Persona or SMT characters, which is how my Joker became a distant relative of the Kuzunoha clan.

Nagai Soko

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I named mine Danny Ocean.

I wanted to call the group Ocean's 7, but I didn't know if we'd end up with more bonus party members so I called them Diamond Dogs instead.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Charlie Tunoku and The Lost Otakus.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I named mine Danny Ocean.

I wanted to call the group Ocean's 7, but I didn't know if we'd end up with more bonus party members so I called them Diamond Dogs instead.

drat it, Diamond Dogs is a great name. I went for Wild Cards because I couldn't think of anything else, even though really only one of them is a wild card but shhhh none of the other Phantom Thieves know what that term means anyway

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I used my real name because you, the player, are the main character.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

multijoe posted:

I used my real name because you, the player, are the main character.

I'd do that if I was Japanese, but I feel like my real name would stick out like a sore thumb as the name of a supposedly Japanese kid in Tokyo so I always name my Persona characters with actual Japanese names

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Harrow posted:

Johnny Joestar

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Harrow posted:

drat it, Diamond Dogs is a great name. I went for Wild Cards because I couldn't think of anything else, even though really only one of them is a wild card but shhhh none of the other Phantom Thieves know what that term means anyway

I'm still pleased with Sin Eaters.

Also hi5 fellow Kuzunoha-namer.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

I didn't take any sort of inspiration for my main character's name, but I did name my Phantom Thieves 'Le Goon Crew'.

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah
Couldn't fit "Stardust", but I'm alright with settling the ⭐ Crusaders for my team.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
El Guapo. My group was PARTY HARD.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Mike Mutton and the Fresh Boyz.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

My Joker was Hikaru Minegi and I just came off of NieR Automata, so he was the leader of YoRHa.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ApplesandOranges posted:

I looked up his skillset and it's gonna be tough trying to fit everything in. Endgame maybe something like:

Garudyne
Magarudyne
Wind Boost
Wind Amp
Mediarahan
Samarecarm
Miracle Punch
Evade Elec/Masukunda/Salvation/Diarahan

Could probably drop Miracle Punch, maybe Samarecarm.

You can definitely drop Samarecarm. Revive items are plentiful and cheap. I also dropped miracle punch because there are other options out there like Tower confidant or just having Joker use miracle punch. If anything, I would drop garudyne and keep miracle punch.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Mine was Toshiro Umezawa because I play Magic and he seemed like an appropriate pick for a Japanese phantom thief.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
My party's name is Stealy Dan because I have the sense of humor of a 50-yr old dad.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
hey did you guys know you can interact with the chalkboard at the front of the classroom and draw the Phantom Thieves logo? Doing it on certain days gives you a free point of guts too!

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

CharlestonJew posted:

hey did you guys know you can interact with the chalkboard at the front of the classroom and draw the Phantom Thieves logo? Doing it on certain days gives you a free point of guts too!

:captainpop:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

CharlestonJew posted:

You can WHAT??

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

CharlestonJew posted:

What?!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I didn't find that poo poo till November lol

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The game keeps on giving

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

CharlestonJew posted:

Na ni!?!?!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CharlestonJew posted:

I thought only doing that was some flavor thing to gauge your popularity, could have used that guts boost too. :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

pft

call me when you can write

B E C K Y
I S
L O V E
B E C K Y
I S
L I F E

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CharlestonJew posted:

gently caress! :suspense:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Finale spoilers

Man the Japanese justice system blows. Guy can't even get a pardon after publicly saving the world

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ChaosArgate posted:

My Joker was Hikaru Minegi and I just came off of NieR Automata, so he was the leader of YoRHa.

I did this except my character's name was Taro Yoko.

It made picking the reluctant/comedy options all the better.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Harrow posted:

Seishuu Nakamura, which is something I cobbled together from visits to JP41 and Wiktionary. The idea is that it's supposed to be written 清手 仲村. Separating the characters in Seishuu should roughly translate to "clean hand" and Nakamura is derived from Nezumi Kozou's real name.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Is there any way to play Persona 4 Golden without a Vita?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Spikeguy posted:

Well, there's the PSTV.

Which is technically still a vita, but roll with it, it's way cheaper anyway.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spikeguy posted:

Nope.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
PSTV otherwise nope

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

PSTV's your best bet because it's cheaper than a Vita, really. Portable Persona is definitely nice as hell but not nice enough to be worth buying a Vita.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

... gently caress! Guts is my lowest stat too because Ive been neglecting coffee at the diner.

Also Im sorry thread but I ended up breaking ranks and hooked up with the drunk reporter instead of goth doctor/Makoto/hot for teacher.

Also also I really hope they sell the tarot cards because the art for these is amazing, especially with all the goofy things hidden in them (the Priestess one cracks me up every time).

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Atlus has a million things they could sell to make bank (Jack Frost dolls) but don't because they're bad at making money.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Hoo boy. Palace 5 is really handing me my rear end. I'm at the halfway point on my first trip in and SP is wearing dangerously thin. I've had to use rez items like 20 times already.
I think i'll have to break my "get to the treasure in one day" streak and make this a 2-day dungeon. :(

The only social link I have yet to unlock is (palace 5 and onwards spoilers) Harus, and I just found out i'll need 5 in proficiency to unlock it. Will I have enough time to finish her slink if I take my time getting to 5 proficiency? It took me ages to get to 4 and I was planning on blitzing through the rest of my current backlog of slinks for the next few months until I start needing other 5's.

Maybe i'll get lucky and get a few prof points slacking off in class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Hoo boy. Palace 5 is really handing me my rear end. I'm at the halfway point on my first trip in and SP is wearing dangerously thin. I've had to use rez items like 20 times already.
I think i'll have to break my "get to the treasure in one day" streak and make this a 2-day dungeon. :(

The only social link I have yet to unlock is (palace 5 and onwards spoilers) Harus, and I just found out i'll need 5 in proficiency to unlock it. Will I have enough time to finish her slink if I take my time getting to 5 proficiency? It took me ages to get to 4 and I was planning on blitzing through the rest of my current backlog of slinks for the next few months until I start needing other 5's.

Maybe i'll get lucky and get a few prof points slacking off in class.

if you're in the fifth alace you only have two months left in the game in terms of actual time, there's no 'next few months'