Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

why

what's the value in doing this

e: i should say, what's the value in doing this, explicitly, and making sure everyone knows you're referencing specifically boning down, in front of your minor child

Kinda wondering about that myself. Like, I really like to gently caress but I don't know if a kid needs to know that or be told?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Sex parents remind me of Tobias Funke walking around nude

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Charles Get-Out posted:

This is what I'm feeling. While I kind of understand his desire to care for his brother, both of his parents are around and it sounds like his GF actually needs the help. Either way, he's def stuck up his parents rear end too much.

This really can't help the situation between the BF and GF, even though it is probably helping the woman a lot...

I was on his side up until I saw that comment and now I kind of think the dude is a creep. I think Tiny Deer hit the nail on the head when she says this guy has A Type, and I think his jealousy has less to do with there being another man helping her out, and more to do with her not being completely and utterly dependent on him. His weird relationship with his parents and the gaslighting are a big :redflag: to me.

It's great that he's taking care of his brother but he should probably be in a relationship with somebody who is not going to depend on him to be able to make it through their day to day life. I get the feeling that probably doesn't do it for him, though.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

i feel like there ought to be a reasonable middle between these two but I'm not sure I've ever actually seen it

:same:

Panfilo posted:

I don't think it unreasonable someone talks to their parents every day;my wife talks to her parents very often and visits them multiple times a week. They're also awesome inlaws that have been very helpful and supportive so it's cool that they are close.

Guess most other goons have lovely or autistic parents they can't stand dealing with more than three times a year.

the issue isn't just that he talks to them every day, it's that he talks to them every day and lies to her about it

it's really questionable behavior. it'd be one thing if he was just like "Yeah, I'm sorry babe, I gotta help with my bro" but he's making her question her reality which is potentially abusive behavior. The frequency of contact with his parents is also indicative of co-dependence, which is also another checkmark in the "potential abuser" list imo

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 20, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

why

what's the value in doing this

Makes the other person feel attractive and wanted in a public way? Its no hundred doves and bended knee on our rome vacation but its a relationship reinforcer. Usually not so blunt as "gonna gulp that dick, kiddo" but, hey.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
I only make love to my wife when my infant child and the beetles are in the room with us. Beetles are inherently atrocious lover and i won't let my inescapably caucasoid lovechild grow up not knowing how to slang dick like a short order cook at a gently caress buffet.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Barudak posted:

Makes the other person feel attractive and wanted in a public way? Its no hundred doves and bended knee on our rome vacation but its a relationship reinforcer. Usually not so blunt as "gonna gulp that dick, kiddo" but, hey.

do this around peers then, instead of minors, and your child, who has asked you to not talk about your sex life around them

seriously, why is that so much to ask? she's obviously already aware they're into each other

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mirthless posted:

:shrug: it's oversharing but it's a better example than bitterly sniping at each other because they can't keep their simmering contempt to themselves anymore

like she hates it and is grossed out by it now but she's got an example of what a good marriage looks like and that can make all the difference in the kind of relationships people foster and what their standard of healthy is

Where do you draw the line? Like is it cool for them to talk about how great the mom is at sucking cock and guzzling cum in front of their daughter?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Hm, I'm not caught up but I'm a psychedelics researcher IRL and wanted to interject that we don't consider cannabis/marijuana in the same class as other psychedelics. Some researchers don't consider it a real psychedelic. :drugnerd:

Edit: this is not to encourage use of cannabis in people who are suffering from mental disorders. It can worsen psychiatric symptoms without being a psychedelic! The more you know...

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Captain Yossarian posted:

Kinda wondering about that myself. Like, I really like to gently caress but I don't know if a kid needs to know that or be told?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Who What Now posted:

Where do you draw the line? Like is it cool for them to talk about how great the mom is at sucking cock and guzzling cum in front of their daughter?

i think we have established at this point that a 14 y/o is not a reliable narrator to begin with and even their exaggerated account didn't go that far

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Mirthless posted:

I was on his side up until I saw that comment and now I kind of think the dude is a creep. I think Tiny Deer hit the nail on the head when she says this guy has A Type, and I think his jealousy has less to do with there being another man helping her out, and more to do with her not being completely and utterly dependent on him. His weird relationship with his parents and the gaslighting are a big :redflag: to me.

It's great that he's taking care of his brother but he should probably be in a relationship with somebody who is not going to depend on him to be able to make it through their day to day life. I get the feeling that probably doesn't do it for him, though.

:same:

the issue isn't just that he talks to them every day, it's that he talks to them every day and lies to her about it

it's really questionable behavior. it'd be one thing if he was just like "Yeah, I'm sorry babe, I gotta help with my bro" but he's making her question her reality which is potentially abusive behavior. The frequency of contact with his parents is also indicative of co-dependence, which is also another checkmark in the "potential abuser" list imo

Yeouch this is prob right on the money. I guess the bright side is that if she :murder:s him, his brother has his parents and she still has her ex to care for them

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mirthless posted:

i think we have established at this point that a 14 y/o is not a reliable narrator to begin with and even their exaggerated account didn't go that far

Talking about smashing puss isn't all that different than talking about sucking dick.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tiny Deer posted:

Nah he's unemployed and lives off her money.

It's funny/sad that she left a lot of information out of her OP that swung me from thinking she was maybe being kind of unreasonable to thinking this guy needs to decide what the gently caress his priorities are and also get a loving job.

I think the parents probably see asking their son to be a caretaker as his "job" (since he's an "artist"), like his part of sharing the load. But his gf needs him too, and she especially needs him now because the months directly after becoming handicapped are extremely hard for people. They see their lives fall apart. There's a lot of Disney Feeling about disability, and people live with this cutesy vision. Actually, it really does ruin your life, and people will avoid you as long as you live. If you are handicapped in any way that can be hidden, you absolutely hide it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mirthless posted:

"Artists" and "sensitive types" are always on the lookout for this kind of situation, and it's... a complicated phenomenon. We know the upshots of caring for others, in principle, so I don't see a need to elaborate on why caring for other people is good. But there is a kind of person who is a "caretaker" so they can be a martyr, or more importantly as a way to dismiss all criticism of themselves (including legitimate criticism about needing to get one's own life together). Often, women do this (guilty as charged), but yeah, it's complicated.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

I think the parents probably see asking their son to be a caretaker as his "job" (since he's an "artist"), like his part of sharing the load. But his gf needs him too, and she especially needs him now because the months directly after becoming handicapped are extremely hard for people. They see their lives fall apart. There's a lot of Disney Feeling about disability, and people live with this cutesy vision. Actually, it really does ruin your life, and people will avoid you as long as you live. If you are handicapped in any way that can be hidden, you absolutely hide it.

She doesnt mention that her epilepsy is a recent development, unless I missed it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Like if someone broke into their house and murdered the brother, they'd all be sad, and then they truly would all have better lives. People talk about the joy of parenthood all the time and of course as an unfeeling robot, I do not understand this, but do you really get the same joy when you're not actually raising a child, just watching him get larger? Is a 30-year old infant anything but a black hole of happiness for everyone around them?

This is in obvious contrast with his girlfriend who needs help but is a fully-realized person with emotions and desires and dreams and all that.

I smell a goon project - this is my hot dog man.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

She doesnt mention that her epilepsy is a recent development, unless I missed it.

Comments.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
I'ma go on record and say that being severely handicapped loving sucks and that if your partner isn't there for you it's a huge letdown

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Like if someone broke into their house and murdered the brother, they'd all be sad, and then they truly would all have better lives. People talk about the joy of parenthood all the time and of course as an unfeeling robot, I do not understand this, but do you really get the same joy when you're not actually raising a child, just watching him get larger? Is a 30-year old infant anything but a black hole of happiness for everyone around them?

This is in obvious contrast with his girlfriend who needs help but is a fully-realized person with emotions and desires and dreams and all that.

it would be better for everyone involved, including the disabled brother, if he was put in a home where professionals would take care of him

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

it would be better for everyone involved, including the disabled brother, if he was put in a home where professionals would take care of him

Or at the very least had professional home care

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Who What Now posted:

Talking about smashing puss isn't all that different than talking about sucking dick.

okay, here's the relevant part of the post:

quote:

now this wouldnt even be that huge of an issue but it becomes really annoying when we are out in public like in Tesco (uk walmart) they just start going it at and it makes me feel like the whole place is watching us in disgust

gross, my parents kiss and touch each other in public

quote:

another thing is when we are out in a group they sometimes make super inappropiate comments like "i cant wait for (dads name) to destroy me tonight" and "im totally destroying ((mums name)) tonight" and she just responds with "cant wait" in front of 10 people and they just both laugh about it like its totally fine
at nights i also hear them doing what i mentioned in the previous paragraph sometimes extremely loudly but i already learned to put on my headsets and ignore it so thats not that much of an issue

gross, when we're out with other adults my parents discuss their sex life with other adults

also gross: they have sex in the house when I am in another part of the house

quote:

when i tried to sit them down my father just said that my mum is just too damm hot and he cant resist her and my mother gave me a similar answer and they just brushed it off and totally disregarded what i just said

gross, when i tell my parents to stop loving each other they tell me they can't help it, they just love each other too much

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Who What Now posted:

that's probably past the point of being appropriate, but I also will put "parents overshare sex life in stable happy marriage" at like the bottom of the priority list of things that will actually gently caress up a kid so this is pretty much just hilarious to me.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Mirthless posted:

gross, when we're out with other adults my parents discuss their sex life with other adults

this is the hosed up one dude. there is no reason not to restrain yourself when you have your 14 year old tagging along with you

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mirthless posted:

okay, here's the relevant part of the post:

gross, my parents kiss and touch each other in public

also gross: they have sex in the house when I am there

gross, when i tell my parents to stop loving each other they tell me they can't help it, they just love each other too much

Yeah, they talk about how the dad is going to destroy that pussy later. Thats way over the line of inapropriateness to say to your underage daughter. Or your adult daughter, for that matter.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Not in the OP. In the comments she elaborates that she had epilepsy prior but recently it worsened severely. She used to be able to function more or less independently and now she can't even make her kid a grilled cheese sandwich without a seizure buddy.

She's just really frustrated with this guy and I can't blame her, she must be very scared about her future and she's not wrong to be scared.

As for this guy, she used to need him juuust enough to make him wanted, but now she needs him and there aren't enough hours in the day to look after her and his family. He's probably scrambling hard and lying because he feels guilty about how overextended he is. He doesn't sound like a sinister rear end in a top hat, he sounds like someone who cares a lot and can't step back to realize he can't do literally everything people ask of him.

He's going to pick his family, in the end. He's not even wrong to do that. It's just...really brutal.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Telling your kid you're gonna smash his mom super hard seems borne of some weird jealousy or something from the father to me.

Who What Now posted:

Yeah, they talk about how the dad is going to destroy that pussy later. Thats way over the line of inapropriateness to say to your underage daughter. Or your adult daughter, for that matter.

Yeah that's weird.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

COMRADES posted:

Telling your kid you're gonna smash his mom super hard seems borne of some weird jealousy from the father to me. Like 'you may be younger and on your way up while I'm older and on the way down but I still get my dick wet in your mom' idk.

I think the simpler answer is she gives an over the top reaction and he is doing it to get a rise out of her. again, in the grand scheme of "things that will harm a child" this is below like "missed all my track meets"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

this is the hosed up one dude. there is no reason not to restrain yourself when you have your 14 year old tagging along with you

Who What Now posted:

yeah you guys are assuming they're just all standing around with her nearby and just start talking about loving

I get the feeling this is more like a "we went out to somebody's barbecue and I walked into the kitchen and they were talking about loving!"

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I think the simpler answer is she gives an over the top reaction and he is doing it to get a rise out of her. again, in the grand scheme of "things that will harm a child" this is below like "missed all my track meets"

yeah, or it's this, which is equally likely

it sounds to me like she would be just as offended and grossed out if they never talked about it around her or used much more coded euphemisms

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Gloryhold It! posted:

Or at the very least had professional home care

would that even matter? the OP could be exaggerating but she described the brother as mentally an infant, not even aware of his surroundings in a meaningful way. it doesn't really sound like he even has the capacity to miss his family

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

WoodrowSkillson posted:

It probably won't gently caress her up for life, no, but its still weird and gross. There's ways to tease your kid without detailing how you're gonna rail their mom later.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Who What Now posted:

It's been lifelong, but has apparently gotten worse.

quote:

Probably am in denial. I'm starting therapy soon because while I've always had epilepsy I have never in my life not been functional until a few months ago. Used to be I'd have a seizure a few times a day, now if I'm off medicine I'm in status epilepticus until I'm on a massive dose again. And a massive dose just gives me daily seizures and stops the status. I am struggling a lot and suffering and I need therapy.

And look, even if this guy didn't have the Caregiver Complex, you'd think it would be important to be especially present for your partner in what probably the most emotionally difficult point of her life as she comes to terms with the fact that her life as she knew it is probably over.

Surely Mom and Dad can hire some help, or maybe postpone their vacation?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Who What Now posted:

It probably won't gently caress her up for life, no, but its still weird and gross. There's ways to tease your kid without detailing how you're gonna rail their mom later.

sure, but that's not this dude's style, and here we are with the chance to laugh at this teen stuck in a living hell of parents that like get down

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tiny Deer posted:

Not in the OP. In the comments she elaborates that she had epilepsy prior but recently it worsened severely. She used to be able to function more or less independently and now she can't even make her kid a grilled cheese sandwich without a seizure buddy.

She's just really frustrated with this guy and I can't blame her, she must be very scared about her future and she's not wrong to be scared.

As for this guy, she used to need him juuust enough to make him wanted, but now she needs him and there aren't enough hours in the day to look after her and his family. He's probably scrambling hard and lying because he feels guilty about how overextended he is. He doesn't sound like a sinister rear end in a top hat, he sounds like someone who cares a lot and can't step back to realize he can't do literally everything people ask of him.

He's going to pick his family, in the end. He's not even wrong to do that. It's just...really brutal.

It is wrong to do that imo. He can never help his brother. He can help his partner, and a child.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Who What Now posted:

lol but that's not what's happening, even her account doesn't say that:

quote:

another thing is when we are out in a group they sometimes make super inappropiate comments like "i cant wait for (dads name) to destroy me tonight" and "im totally destroying ((mums name)) tonight" and she just responds with "cant wait" in front of 10 people and they just both laugh about it like its totally fine

she is eavesdropping on adult conversations and getting mad at her dad and mom making sex jokes with a group of their adult friends

here's the language they use when they address her directly:

quote:

when i tried to sit them down my father just said that my mum is just too damm hot and he cant resist her and my mother gave me a similar answer and they just brushed it off and totally disregarded what i just said

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 20, 2017

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

COMRADES posted:

Telling your kid you're gonna smash his mom super hard seems borne of some weird jealousy or something from the father to me.

Nah, it helps discourage teenagers from having sex since during Sexy times will keep reminding them about their dad wanting to smash the mom (with his penis)

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Pick posted:

It is wrong to do that imo. He can never help his brother. He can help his partner, and a child.

This is actually a pretty great point. Emotionally, though, it sounds like his parents have gotten him really invested in his brother so they can foist him off on their other child when they want to gently caress off to Europe for a while. poo poo situation all round imo.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

would that even matter? the OP could be exaggerating but she described the brother as mentally an infant, not even aware of his surroundings in a meaningful way. it doesn't really sound like he even has the capacity to miss his family

It'd be better than what they have, and I'm guessing that the parents wouldn't be keen on shoving him into a home.

It's a poo poo situation all around

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Making inappropriate sexual comments in front of your child is technically (TECHNICALLY MEANS I DON'T CARE ABOUT HOW YOUR DAD TALKED ABOUT loving YOUR MOM'S EARHOLE IN BDSM ORGIES AND IT DIDN'T MAKE YOU hosed UP SO IT'S FINE FOR EVERYONE) a form of abuse. It's involving your child in your sex life.

Like it's extremely mild and in the absence of anything else it's just inappropriate, but don't talk about how you gently caress with your kids. Don't tell them how you love to gently caress.

'I love your mom and find her attractive" is worlds from 'your mom is too drat hot for me to consider your feelings, young teen just beginning to discover her own sexuality and going through deep uncertainty about how to navigate it'.

At the very best it's plain rude and disrespectful. Shut up about that how hot you are for each other until the kid is out of earshot. It makes her uncomfortable and she told you that. Cut it out.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Tiny Deer posted:

Making inappropriate sexual comments in front of your child is technically (TECHNICALLY MEANS I DON'T CARE ABOUT HOW YOUR DAD TALKED ABOUT loving YOUR MOM'S EARHOLE IN BDSM ORGIES AND IT DIDN'T MAKE YOU hosed UP SO IT'S FINE FOR EVERYONE) a form of abuse. It's involving your child in your sex life.

Like it's extremely mild and in the absence of anything else it's just inappropriate, but don't talk about how you gently caress with your kids. Don't tell them how you love to gently caress.

'I love your mom and find her attractive" is worlds from 'your mom is too drat hot for me to consider your feelings, young teen just beginning to discover her own sexuality and going through deep uncertainty about how to navigate it'.

At the very best it's plain rude and disrespectful. Shut up about that how hot you are for each other until the kid is out of earshot. It makes her uncomfortable and she told you that. Cut it out.

yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mirthless posted:

lol but that's not what's happening, even her account doesn't say that:

she is eavesdropping on adult conversations and getting mad at her dad and mom making sex jokes with a group of their adult friends

Why are they making sex jokes in front of kids? That's weird and gross.