Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Operation Winback?

struggling now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

What happened to BoF anyway? I haven't looked at it since, like, the first couple hours of BoF3

Sometime after BoF IV part of the team went on to work on Megaman X Command Mission and then another part of the team made BoFV Dragon Quarter which had a lot of cool but unorthodox gameplay mechanics like having a time limit to complete the game and new cutscenes on a restart. That team got poached to work on Dead Rising which used a lot of the same mechanics and since that game was more popular than BoF ever was that was that (although I think they only ever made DR2 and then the rest of that series was outsourced). As far as the teams are now they've been sorta scattered, though I think one of the writers worked on Dragon's Dogma, and I wouldn't be surprised if any of those veterans worked on Monster Hunter Stories (though I haven't looked that up at all and that's pure conjecture).

And then yeah there's that mobile garbage gacha game which wouldn't even bother me if they hadn't called it Breath of Fire 6.

Zore posted:

It got shelved after an unpopular experimental title called Dragon Quarter (the fifth game) during the PS2 era. Recently they released an incredibly awful mobile game to milk some nostalgia dollars, but the series has been dead for fifteen years now.

I don't think it had anything to do with DQ being unpopular since that series was never the forefront of Capcom, they just got used on Dead Rising and didn't bother going back.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Goemon and whatever quirky RPG they tried to beat out of the system
Also pay Rockstar for body harvest

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

bowmore posted:

Operation Winback?

struggling now

Shadowman

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Whoa is the secret of mana collection coming out in the west? That's awesome and good

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Whoa is the secret of mana collection coming out in the west? That's awesome and good

It's not, that post was them dreaming about it.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
My implausible picks for the N64 Mini (which will never exist anyways):
Goemon
Buck Bumble
Body Harvest
Chameleon Twist 1 & 2
Snowboard Kids
Conkers BFD

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mega Man Legends was on there as Mega Man 64

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Cardboard Box posted:

for me and my friends it was what didn't change. it was way too similar to 4u too soon after and we all got bored.

To me I didn't really like the styles they tried to force into making the game different. It kinda threw me off real hard.

Also the monster list sucks anus and the new monsters sucked rear end just like in 4U. Give me 3U again also swimming

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

I own Master Blaster Zero but only played a few minutes. It's mostly Shovel Knight that's keeping me away. Started Spectre Knight last night and it's some crazy Strider / Ninja Gaiden hijinx.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just pay Rare to get Beetle Adventure Racing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Empress Brosephine posted:

Just pay Rare to get Beetle Adventure Racing.

That was an EA game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Treebeh posted:

My implausible picks for the N64 Mini (which will never exist anyways):
Goemon
Buck Bumble
Body Harvest
Chameleon Twist 1 & 2
Snowboard Kids
Conkers BFD

Conker is Rare and also lmao there's no way in hell they would put that on there.

Doesn't Nintendo own all the rights to DK64 even though Rare made it?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

IcePhoenix posted:

Conker is Rare and also lmao there's no way in hell they would put that on there.

Doesn't Nintendo own all the rights to DK64 even though Rare made it?

Yeah, DK64 was released on Wii U. I think the Xbox head said he was open to all the Rare N64 titles being available on VC as well but Nintendo probably wouldn't pay what they want.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
You forgot Quest64

Which I played because I was desperate for an RPG

My god it was terrible

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

The Bloop posted:

You forgot Quest64

My god it was terrible

A thing that happened to me in Quest 64:
The camera spins around a bit when you go into battle. I accidentally walked back to the beginning of the game no less than 3 times because I got disoriented by that.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Riding up to South Carolina with family for about a week, opted to not bring the Switch, already regretting it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

enojy posted:

Riding up to South Carolina with family for about a week, opted to not bring the Switch, already regretting it.

Biggest mistake is going to South Carolina.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

The Bloop posted:

You forgot Quest64

My god it was terrible

gently caress you, Quest 64 was awesome.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Sega put up more Puyo Tetris tutorials, this time about advanced Tetris techniques
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YicWkhg7e5o&index=6&list=PLs9C4tvsx7kLRaXhC7Q1NrVMIBgOLYhXh

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

enojy posted:

mods???!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

enojy posted:

Every word of this is a massive fail.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

enojy posted:

You literally bought it for moments like this. I hope you've learned something youngster :colbert:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Switch owned on my 8hr ride from Chicago to Memphis. Was fun to race my friends in Fast RMX at our Airbnb.

You dropped the ball.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

enojy posted:

If you are riding up to South Carolina, you can only be coming from a state that is slightly less worse than South Carolina. Godspeed Goon, enjoy your old people and Stuckey's.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

enojy posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

dragon enthusiast posted:

Sega put up more Puyo Tetris tutorials, this time about advanced Tetris techniques
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YicWkhg7e5o&index=6&list=PLs9C4tvsx7kLRaXhC7Q1NrVMIBgOLYhXh

I downloaded the demo a week ago and haven't even opened it once yet. I want to try it out, but every time I touch the Switch all I want to do is more Zelda.

Also when I'm not touching the Switch or anywhere in the vicinity.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
Hey thanks for the Tip on the Tasmanian Sword. I just got it and then I got into a situation where I didn't know what the gently caress to do and that's really helped.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

enojy posted:

Congratulations on being almost as awful as that goon who clammed up when that girl was talking to him on the bus.

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

EDIT: wrong thread, sorry.

it shriveled up fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 20, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

For N64 I will suggest Shadows of the Empire.

If it can be on Gog it can be on Switch.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Are you at least going to stock up on fireworks at south of the border?

Really impressed by Nintendo's turn around time on joycon repair. Delivered to them yesterday morning, out for delivery to me right now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Congratulations on being almost as awful as that goon who clammed up when that girl was talking to him on the bus.

im p sure that was copypasta

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Any good strats for Fast RMX? I got (on the lowest speed class (Subsonic?) to like the last 3 events, and I feel like no matter how well I do, how hard I push it, I get like 4th and 5th on every race...

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

enojy posted:

Riding up to South Carolina with Switch for about a week, opted to not bring the family, no regrets.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I hope when they announce the VC the first games on it will be Bubsy and Bubsy 3-D

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

it shriveled up posted:

New sizzle reel is up for the last 5 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POfJZGqdjDM
...I'm really confused.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

it shriveled up posted:

New sizzle reel is up for the last 5 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POfJZGqdjDM

CW shows have been on hiatus and the threads have been bleeding into each other. Did not expect one to bleed into this thread.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

enojy posted:

Go take a selfie of shame at the top of the giant racist sombrero at south of the border.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
I drove up to work for the day and opted not to bring my Switch. I was regretting it so I just went home for lunch and got baked with Link and my cat.

I'm gonna try to hold out and wait for a cheaper used copy of MK8 since I played it a ton on WiiU, but I have a feeling I'm going to see the inevitably sensational reviews and cave in by like May 2nd.

Deltron 3030 fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 20, 2017

• Locked thread