Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Geocities Homepage King posted:

If one of her missions turns out to be a crazy bombing of a civilian target or whatever would that be tied back to the Hired Goons?

Totally on us. No one will distinguish one jet from another. And I doubt we could explain how we brought this crazy lady from India with jets and we totally aren't here with her, but sure we'll pick up her bar tab.

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

You want to drop CLUSTER BOMBS in Angola. Yeah that's a real good way to appear as good people to the international community.

Yooper! Surely the good Count won't accept us turning his people into hamburger and dispensing basically land mines in a country that not too long ago already was littered with mines and unexploded ordnance! RIGHT?!?!?!

The Count is in a tough position. He understands the difficulties facing Angola in regards to munitions and mines, but at the same time if he doesn't gain some ground it won't matter. He discourages the use of cluster munitions but ultimately it's up to us. We can be morally ambigious, or we can restrict our munition use. It's up to you guys, but the payout doesn't change. Whether other factors might change remains to be seen.

Loel posted:

Is capturing the MLRS an option?

No. Ground ops is going to be fairly limited unless Phi and his merry hand of miscreants can whip something up. As it is any MLRS is going to be off the frontlines a significant distance to prevent counter battery fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I vote we hold off on using cluster munitions for now. Use them if necessary, but they shouldn't be our first resort.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

How much would it cost us to buy satellite imaging of the other factions' airports? We might be able to figure out who's based where as I doubt there's many hangars here that can fit that Wedgetail, if any.

Changing my vote to Zack. I do not want to be held responsible for cluster bombing an orphan hospital or whatever insanity Rohan may decide to do.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

What if we load up the cargo plane with a bunch of Angolan paratroopers and wait no WHAT ARE YOU DOING GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME I CAN'T GO BACK THERE

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

power crystals posted:

How much would it cost us to buy satellite imaging of the other factions' airports? We might be able to figure out who's based where as I doubt there's many hangars here that can fit that Wedgetail, if any.

Changing my vote to Zack. I do not want to be held responsible for cluster bombing an orphan hospital or whatever insanity Rohan may decide to do.

Zack is our only entrance to the world of high quality satellite imaging. The best we can do is OSINT and hit Google Earth.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I think we should have faith in Rohan. She may be vengeful and angry from J-20gate, but I don't think she's going to take it out on civilians.

Crazycryodude posted:

What if we load up the cargo plane with a bunch of Angolan paratroopers and wait no WHAT ARE YOU DOING GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME I CAN'T GO BACK THERE

I knew it was only a matter of time before somebody proposed Entebbe again.

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
My mind says Zack but my heart says Rohan

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Can we buy Rohan a shrink so she'll be in better shape for next theater and hire Zach?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yooper posted:

Zack is our only entrance to the world of high quality satellite imaging. The best we can do is OSINT and hit Google Earth.
Eh, I'm sure that using basic maths and OSINT should let us figure out that sort of thing. It should be easy enough to find out the length of the runways, and we can use those as marks of scale to ID the assorted supplemental stuff. I suspect that SHARMF & the Free State with their shared love of social media will give us useful intel.

xthetenth posted:

Can we buy Rohan a shrink so she'll be in better shape for next theater and hire Zach?
I don't really think we could buy her a shrink if she's not actually working for us.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

Eh, I'm sure that using basic maths and OSINT should let us figure out that sort of thing. It should be easy enough to find out the length of the runways, and we can use those as marks of scale to ID the assorted supplemental stuff. I suspect that SHARMF & the Free State with their shared love of social media will give us useful intel.

I don't really think we could buy her a shrink if she's not actually working for us.

Shame that she doesn't fly a two seater. :v:

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Blast. I'm gonna have to change my vote to Zack, I want Rohan so much but we're going into some nasty territory and a couple planes attacking random things isn't going to give us enough of a tactical advantage to offset what Zack can give us.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Nope. I like Rohan, but I have to change to Zack. We can't take chances like that, sorry.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I am (pleasantly) surprised that people are voting against the recurring character over a little thing like "she might randomly fire bomb a hospital or an orphanage". I figured she'd win the vote even if she literally provided no bonus and just cost a bunch of money.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Yeah, I'm going to have to switch to Zach. War crimes are bad, mmmkay?

Hopefully Rohan stays in touch though. It's not her, it's the war zone.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Generally angry-crazy people will want to stay angry-crazy until something happens that makes it very clear to them that it's not working out. It seems optimistic to hope that we can casually fix up Rohan in between missions before she makes a mess. Let's please go with the spook.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

The Dictator found Twitter. I'm not sure what subreddit The Free State is using but I'm not going to dig around to find it.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Yeah. As much as I'd like to bring in the Riders of Rohan I'm going ot have to vote for Zack. I don't like the idea of accidentally blowing up a hospital while working for a humanitarian.

Edit: Really sad to find out that isn't an actual twitter account. :(

Geocities Homepage King fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 20, 2017

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Yooper posted:

The Dictator found Twitter. I'm not sure what subreddit The Free State is using but I'm not going to dig around to find it.

I'm suprised the Free State isn't using Voat or whatever the Reddit offshoot is called that was made after a bunch of subreddits got banned.

Also voting for Zack. If we were working for the Dictator I'd go Rohan but that wouldn't be a good fit with the Count.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Apr 20, 2017

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
Let's Zack it up.

Also, this LP is absolutely amazing. If the Goons are still hiring, I'd like to sign up as Blueshift.
(Preferably for SEAD, EW or something equally suicidal.)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Man, I feel kinda lovely that we're all immediately assuming that Rohan is suddenly going to devolve into a total screaming loony. (Aside from an offhand comment Yooper threw in that may well have just been to fake us out). As long as she agrees to abide by the rules of engagement of 'don't blow up civilian targets', I think the problem is mainly going to be her being overaggressive and the dictator thus throwing more things at us. But she might provide both extra coverage and keeping the enemy guessing. I feel like it's not going to be 'if we roll a one she napalms a refugee camp'. Maybe I'm being overoptimistic in human nature, but PTSD doesn't turn you into a supervillain, dammit.

If we don't go with her, maybe we should recommend her to the Count to help build up his air force after we leave.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yooper posted:

You can really just Photoshop Trump tweets and get stuff for this thread.

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

As much as I would love to have Rohan on board, I really don't want her bombing a hospital in our name or spiking the threat level prematurely. Definitely want her on our side in this story though :/

Zach: Getting some intel is our most pressing concern, we've got enough firepower to wipe out a few tank battalions, we just don't know where our targets are.
Getting some up to date Satellite recon would be swell. Can allow us to track the dictator's forces so we can interdict them before they get to the front and having an eye on some runways allows us to see where their air assets are based. And it's probably the best chance to see up north or about any special surprises sent our way.

Really glad we got the Reaper and Sperwers cause they're gonna be super useful in picking things out on the ground with those EO sensors and allowing us to be 'surgical' with our air campaign/social media image and would definitely like to pick up some more Sperwers/UAVS at the next opportunity. There's no reason why our ground pounders can't have a Sperwer loitering above them 24/7.

We don't need to crack out the clusterbombs yet. The Phantoms can carry 6x500lb unguided bombs, Tornados 5x500lb and Gripens 8x Guided SDBs, which should be more than enough to level whatever we need to.
Although they might have to get awful low to use dumbbombs so we might be better off sniping AAA/mobile targets with mavericks/LGBs beforehand. Once we start assaulting the cities, It might not be the best image on social media for us to be levelling things wholesale :v:

Mr Crustacean fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 20, 2017

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

Man, I feel kinda lovely that we're all immediately assuming that Rohan is suddenly going to devolve into a total screaming loony. (Aside from an offhand comment Yooper threw in that may well have just been to fake us out). As long as she agrees to abide by the rules of engagement of 'don't blow up civilian targets', I think the problem is mainly going to be her being overaggressive and the dictator thus throwing more things at us. But she might provide both extra coverage and keeping the enemy guessing. I feel like it's not going to be 'if we roll a one she napalms a refugee camp'. Maybe I'm being overoptimistic in human nature, but PTSD doesn't turn you into a supervillain, dammit.

If we don't go with her, maybe we should recommend her to the Count to help build up his air force after we leave.

Every choice has flaws, every choice has benefits. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew what to expect with Rohan. You get jets, but you get unpredictability too.

chitoryu12 posted:

You can really just Photoshop Trump tweets and get stuff for this thread.

That's pretty much what I'm going to do.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

I don't think anyone's saying that she's likely to go nuts, but there is a risk that she will do poo poo that will not only spike up the threat level, but will also hurt the Count's public image. If the supposedly humanitarian Count has forces going off and bombing hospitals, that's not good for his ability to get foreign aid and support. However, Zack and his intelligence community contacts will help us target exactly what needs to be targeted and help us mitigate the chances of collateral damage.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Yooper posted:

Every choice has flaws, every choice has benefits. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew what to expect with Rohan. You get jets, but you get unpredictability too.

That's pretty much what I'm going to do.

When do we invade Korea?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Once the USS Vinson arrives.

Looking forward to Rohan getting pissed off with us and flying for Reddit, before totally flying off the goddamn reservation when she realizes that they post on r/MRA or r/redpill.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Loel posted:

When do we invade [South] Korea?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Quinntan posted:

I don't think anyone's saying that she's likely to go nuts, but there is a risk that she will do poo poo that will not only spike up the threat level, but will also hurt the Count's public image. If the supposedly humanitarian Count has forces going off and bombing hospitals, that's not good for his ability to get foreign aid and support. However, Zack and his intelligence community contacts will help us target exactly what needs to be targeted and help us mitigate the chances of collateral damage.

Waiting for when the spook gives us bad intel and gets all our assets blown up after all those gambling debts are called in by the Free State.

Remember Zack is a spook with baggage. Can we really rely on his intel if his 'baggage' is a nebulous 3rd party that can be easily bought out?

Rohan

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

They all come with baggage. That is the entire point.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

We can cover his debts, gosh. A few million in Vegas is worth a Lithiun mine.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Loel posted:

We can cover his debts, gosh. A few million in Vegas is worth a Lithiun mine.

So can the other guys, and the Dictator already starts out with all of the mines.

I don't suppose anyone is going to step up and advocate for Bogan? Or have we agreed we already have enough lunatic ground assets already on the payroll?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Boy are you guys gonna regret it when Zach replaces the mess hall's coffee maker with a Keurig

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Okay, crazy thought but, can we not just like, hire them both?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mcclay posted:

From a "gameplay" perspective the answer is [EDIT: PROBABLY*] no because you're supposed to make a choice, and it's not supposed to be an easy choice.

* I shouldn't speak for Yooper, sorry

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 20, 2017

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Boy are you guys gonna regret it when Zach replaces the mess hall's coffee maker with a Keurig

Well, we can always go outside our base to hit the local coffee places. Angola's coffee industry is on the rise especially with our Count trying to ensure the local economy's diversified in order to get some capital going.

gradenko_2000 posted:

From a "gameplay" perspective the answer is no because you're supposed to make a choice, and it's not supposed to be an easy choice.

Pretty certain she wouldn't trust a three letter agency man and he wouldn't trust loose cannons.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Yooper already said it's a one asset limit.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

mcclay posted:

Just one. The whole fun of it is one bad decision among three bad choices. It wouldn't be much fun if we had three equally capable assets with no emotional, financial, or chemical issues.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

I don't suppose anyone is going to step up and advocate for Bogan? Or have we agreed we already have enough lunatic ground assets already on the payroll?

The thinking with Bogan is we would get valuable eyes on the ground, but with the relative unpopularity of the dictator and 8chan's Namibia board, we probably will be able to develop a decent humint intelligence service ourselves.

I voted Zack earlier because, while we probably will be pretty okay for humint so long as we don't start commuting atrocities on the reg, we only have our MQ-9 and Sperwers for reconnaissance.

Actually, thinking about the Speeders, would it be possible to deploy them with the Count's forces instead of basing them on our own field? it's the perfect place for them.

Quinntan fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 20, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If we hire Zach, do we get an anti-Mafia side mission?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

If we hire Zach, do we get an anti-Mafia side mission?

Not unless we fly to Ireland. The world of internet gambling is a weird place.

Edit : But we may have a way to pay his debts in a very unique way... more to come!