Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

deathbysnusnu posted:

It's totally plausible that Trump didn't even actually win. Exit polls in swing states didn't match at all. We built in flaws into North Korea's rockets remotely and Iran's centrifuges which I assume are both harder targets than some voting machines.

On the other hand, there are lots of dumb racist people out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

*Elton johnishly* B-B-B-Bernie woulda won

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
trump has certainly owned planet earth

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

deathbysnusnu posted:

It's totally plausible that Trump didn't even actually win. Exit polls in swing states didn't match at all.

Jill's crystal's were humming.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

im like a quarter mormon and i like that they do the "here's how we're going to rules lawyer god" thing that jews do

honestly if god were to exist, I would hope he could respect a good rules lawyering

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

comingafteryouall posted:

wait, did they really want you to try and do legally dubious things so you could earn some interest on that small amount of cash?

I worked from 5:30pm until 4:00am in 2004. The guy I worked with was a big gov't conspiracy nut, so yeah.

I do miss listening to Coast to Coast AM with that guy when midnight rolled around though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

im like a quarter mormon and i like that they do the "here's how we're going to rules lawyer god" thing that jews do

I have to admit that this is part of why I respect them too. I like any group that believes they were given the rules to a Good and Moral Life by God directly and go 'yea...but let's see how much wiggle room the almighty creator of the universe has...' Like the 'dirty soda' thing that started all this, I loving love that. "We can't have coffee but a ton of us want the whole 'Starbucks experience' everyone else has...let's dump cream and syrup into our colas for a way more addictive and unhealthy option than just the coffee to begin with, God's down with that I bet'. Shine on you weird desert folks.

deathbysnusnu posted:

It's totally plausible that Trump didn't even actually win. Exit polls in swing states didn't match at all. We built in flaws into North Korea's rockets remotely and Iran's centrifuges which I assume are both harder targets than some voting machines.

I'm sorry to inform you that Donald Trump is the president of the United States of America

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

It's really hard for me to imagine a scenario where dick soaking works out as intended. Like how long do you do it for?

the intent is to not actually work out as intended

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

I banged the daughter of a Mormon bishop and they found me sneaking into her bedroom late at night when I was in the Marines AMA

did he have to zigzag around his own house or was the floorplan angled so that the hallways all went diagonal

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

I banged the daughter of a Mormon bishop and they found me sneaking into her bedroom late at night when I was in the Marines AMA

Did she like anal?

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

On the other hand, there are lots of dumb racist people out there

Regardless as to whether or not the FSB fixed the election, we still deserve Trump because him losing by 100,000 votes in swing states is still damning as hell on us. Him getting more than 30EV's is loving shameful.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

deathbysnusnu posted:

Yeah, still kinda sad atheists are massively outnumbered by folks who genuinely believe an all powerful god gives a poo poo what you do with your sex bits.

It's true. My secular sexual hang ups are much better and more normal

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Weeping Wound posted:

got my burger slathered in fry sauce, gonna wash it down with a dirty as f soda

feelin' salty on the Salt Flats :c00l:

oh so THAT'S why he's so interested in space exploration

give me burg

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Citizen Tayne posted:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Citizen Tayne posted:

...... mods?!??!?!!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

I worked from 5:30pm until 4:00am in 2004. The guy I worked with was a big gov't conspiracy nut, so yeah.

I do miss listening to Coast to Coast AM with that guy when midnight rolled around though.

I had a job as a manager for a Santa's Workshop location and my asst. manager was dead certain that she was being stalked by aliens and had the proof on her camera

her camera was a pair of binoculars with a very small camera inside of it and the aliens were light distortions because she lived next to streetlights. also I guess she liked to spy on her neighbors a lot :tinfoil:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

sexpig by night posted:

I'm sorry to inform you that Donald Trump is the president of the United States of America

this is very fake news

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Were the first words upon finding you scripture, or did they give into the temptation and become furious with you? Because you might have had the moral high ground for a moment.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

wish I could, that was just that post :(

I got takeout from yesterday instead, which is an enchilada and a flauta

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Squizzle posted:

did he have to zigzag around his own house or was the floorplan angled so that the hallways all went diagonal

holy poo poo lmao

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also question re: 'the voting machines were hacked' stuff. So what? What's the end result there? President Pence? Ryan?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

pseudorandom name posted:

the intent is to not actually work out as intended

Ahh... I think I get it now.
Mormon version of just the tip?

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

sexpig by night posted:

also question re: 'the voting machines were hacked' stuff. So what? What's the end result there? President Pence? Ryan?

Fun fact, the electoral college isn't bound by vote totals. Even if the election were hacked Trump still constitutionally president.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Weeping Wound posted:

I had a job as a manager for a Santa's Workshop location and my asst. manager was dead certain that she was being stalked by aliens and had the proof on her camera

her camera was a pair of binoculars with a very small camera inside of it and the aliens were light distortions because she lived next to streetlights. also I guess she liked to spy on her neighbors a lot :tinfoil:

Nah, my coworker just had Tourette's. Basically we just liked listening to the "experts" on Bigfeet, aliens, Bush 9/11 conspiracies, and things like that. We also liked to talk about Star Wars and the X-Files.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

One of the weirdest rule bends I've witnessed wrt mormans is hot chocolate. It's hot, it has caffeine, but some how a-okay. Some of the dudes/dudettes I know always have it in the fall. Weird

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Squizzle posted:

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

pseudorandom name posted:

oh, mormons are just too sheltered to know what docking is and use it as another name for soaking

I was very confused for a moment there

I have to imagine the regular definition of docking would cause some heads to explode

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Ahh... I think I get it now.
Mormon version of just the tip?

yea, it gives you the religiously ok in (ha) but then oh gee Satan took over and we gave in to temptation oh no how could we have seen this coming (nice)???

Also hey what the gently caress is 'fry sauce', I always thought that was slang for ketchup for mormons

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

deathbysnusnu posted:

I guess does it really matter what some goofy religion does with your dead ancestors? Like if you're not Mormon doesn't it follow that baptizing the dead is just them talking to themselves in a meaningless ritual?

people trying to assert a new religious identity for victims of the shoah is a real bad look

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

sexpig by night posted:

yea, it gives you the religiously ok in (ha) but then oh gee Satan took over and we gave in to temptation oh no how could we have seen this coming (nice)???

Also hey what the gently caress is 'fry sauce', I always thought that was slang for ketchup for mormons

ketchup and mayo

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Junkyard Poodle posted:

One of the weirdest rule bends I've witnessed wrt mormans is hot chocolate. It's hot, it has caffeine, but some how a-okay. Some of the dudes/dudettes I know always have it in the fall. Weird

Hot chocolate doesn't have caffeine in it tho :confuoot:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Squizzle posted:

people trying to assert a new religious identity for victims of the shoah is a real bad look

Especially when you do it more than once, even after saying you'll stop.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

sexpig by night posted:

Just made me think of Mormon Soaking 69.

edit: Nice:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

crazy cloud posted:

Hot chocolate doesn't have caffeine in it tho :confuoot:

Sure it does, chocolate isn't heavy in the stuff but it's there.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

comingafteryouall posted:

wait, did they really want you to try and do legally dubious things so you could earn some interest on that small amount of cash?

to be fair a tax refund is basically the government repaying you on an interest free loan but lol if you think youre going to make anything worthwhile even in a decent online only bank's interest rates. especially enough to justify commiting tax fraud

like able bank is the best bank i know to keep savings cash in but even then you make about $70 per year on $10,000 worth of cash sitting there doing nothing. rates are definitely going pu now though

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Junkyard Poodle posted:

Did she like anal?

No she didn't like it

But she was ok with burning in hell for all eternity tho

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Junkyard Poodle posted:

One of their other shockingly endearing abilities is to update theology with modern context. The words of wisdom from which hot beverage and strong drink comes from was understood at the time of its writing to mean liquor and coffee as cold strongly caffeinated beverages were yet to take hold.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

It's really hard for me to imagine a scenario where dick soaking works out as intended. Like how long do you do it for?

dick soaking sounds like the name of someone w 3 terms in the senate, like 58-76

maybe a southern governor instead

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

silvergoose posted:

Sure it does, chocolate isn't heavy in the stuff but it's there.

whaaaat whoah whoah #whoah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Michigan and Wisconsin use paper scantron ballots in all locations. Pennsylvania uses them in most locations, but does have a few electronic voting machines.

None of the machines are network connected and they are kept in local offices.

• Locked thread