Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM AN 85mm HOLLOW PRINCE'S WAND SOUND INTO MY URETHRA! IT'S FULL OF DRUGS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambious
Sep 29, 2016

Hail Hoots!

More new Extra Credit!

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Ixjuvin posted:

fullhouse dot wikia dot com

I would absolutely listen to a podcast that was about delving through obsessively detailed wikia nonsense about media the hosts knew nothing about.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Rocket Power wiki episode would be the greatest bait and switch ever.

e; It has pages like this. Why? I'unno, but I'm glad it does.

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nylcsx7jhA So if idiots.win gets an unusual amount of traffic - eFame!

Watching it, I was wondering the whole time if there was a knockoff of idiots.win, but no, turns out it's actually just them going there. :v:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Death Dealer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nylcsx7jhA So if idiots.win gets an unusual amount of traffic - eFame!

Watching it, I was wondering the whole time if there was a knockoff of idiots.win, but no, turns out it's actually just them going there. :v:

now I want a REACT: watch fetish

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 21, 2017

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

why does no one realize the name of the game is idiots.win

or are they just doing it for SEO

edit: nope, they call it "google autocomplete" in the video :argh:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

I would absolutely listen to a podcast that was about delving through obsessively detailed wikia nonsense about media the hosts knew nothing about.

I love this idea, but I think to keep it on track or even slightly grounded they should always have somebody relatively well-versed in that media there too.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Cleretic posted:

I love this idea, but I think to keep it on track or even slightly grounded they should always have somebody relatively well-versed in that media there too.

Have me on for the Jojo episode where I keep going "You guys are so close to being spot on," which was my reaction to Griffin McElroy's explanation of what he thought Jojo was.

"Is [stupid thing] a Stand?" Yes. Almost always yes.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Cleretic posted:

That reminds me, did whoever it was in that last Extra Credit episode ever get told what "pressed" meant? That just absolutely slayed me.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

A Stand that collects loose change is OP and practically kills the two main protagonists 2 v 1.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

pulp rag posted:

Have me on for the Jojo episode where I keep going "You guys are so close to being spot on," which was my reaction to Griffin McElroy's explanation of what he thought Jojo was.

"Is [stupid thing] a Stand?" Yes. Almost always yes.

Speaking of, Coolgames Inc's episodes with guests are, maybe, how it should work? The regular hosts spend most of the episode trying to piece together what this show, game, movie or whatever is about from only the Wikia, then they report back to an expert and see how close they were.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

McGlockenshire posted:

That reminds me, did whoever it was in that last Extra Credit episode ever get told what "pressed" meant? That just absolutely slayed me.

Last week or two weeks ago (after about six months of guessing) we all convened and someone finally told Positive Stress what it meant. There was a lot of shouting, and frankly I wanted to keep it a mystery, but we all know now.

("Pressed!?!" will never not make me laugh, however.)

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Cleretic posted:

Speaking of, Coolgames Inc's episodes with guests are, maybe, how it should work? The regular hosts spend most of the episode trying to piece together what this show, game, movie or whatever is about from only the Wikia, then they report back to an expert and see how close they were.

I think that's a good idea. Except, it'd be hard to find someone who's an expert on stuff like Full House or other subjects that don't have people that can be experts, like the example above. For that: maybe pull in someone who has no idea what's going on and try to explain the findings to them?

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

An idea I had, is to search for something really mundane (e.g. Human, Earth) in wikia and read the various articles on that subject from different shows.

Alf wiki posted:

Earth is the third planet of the Solar System, located in the Milky Way Galaxy, and the homeworld of the Human race. Unlike Melmac, Earth is round shaped and has green grass, blue skies and a single moon. Earth also is composed of several techtonic plates which causes hundreds of earthquakes per hour, while Melmac has no tectonic plates and presumably entirely made of one layer.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

A Meat posted:

An idea I had, is to search for something really mundane (e.g. Human, Earth) in wikia and read the various articles on that subject from different shows.

That's pretty good.
This is sort of related but I recently discovered that there's an official Wikipedia variant written in Scots language/dialect.
Most of the pages have the bare minimum information and were hastily thrown together probably to increase the site's page count, it's written very childishly and it's quite sweet.

Scots language Wikipedia entry for Earth posted:

Tha Yird is tha thrid planet oot frae tha Sun. It is tha mukkilest o tha solar seestem's fower stanie planets, an tha ae bodie that modren syense kens ti haud lyf. Tha planet cam thegither aboot 4.57 thoosan million yeir syn. Nae lang eftir (4.533 thoosan million yeir syn) it wis jyn'd bi tha Muin. Tha solar seestem is made up o echt planets.

"not long after it was joined by the moon" :allears:
that's the whole entry.

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.

A Meat posted:

Very early in the podcast I tried to put together an episode for fan forums of 80s sitcoms, it didn't really work out. Every year I get an automated birthday email from The ALF TV Fan Forum.

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.

BootsRaingear posted:

Very early in the podcast I tried to put together an episode for fan forums of 80s sitcoms, it didn't really work out, but every year I get an automated birthday email from The ALF TV Fan Forum.

Oh I'm an idiot and don't know the different between edit and quote.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BootsRaingear posted:

This explains a lot about some of the episodes :v:

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

BootsRaingear posted:

EDIT POINT

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I love all of the weird fplus websites. They're the gimmicks that showed up on the early internet that I miss dearly, but with modern technology and design. Clicking a green yes button to the beat to make "get ready for this" keep playing is the kind of thing I thought was dead in this world of integrated mobile page design or whatever the gently caress, but no. It's out there now.

Thank you, guys. I love it.

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 22, 2017

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
http://2un.ltd/

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Y'all ready for this?!

Y [x] N [ ]

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Om_FFPvCXw
They're​ uploading the 24 hour stream on YouTube!

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Yes! Thanks for letting us know. I still have like 5 hours left of it.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
Oh my god all the anime stuff they read.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

As part of my penitence for both Specialty Wankers and the second F-List episode, here's audio versions of all the 24 Terrible Hours ripped from Youtube.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2M4g8iYGfCQSC1TSTJYRC1XUWM?usp=sharing

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Thanks muchly.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
you're doing god's work djeser

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm so happy Isfahan is in the rap hour. I still have the Otacon As Eminem I photoshopped because of him for Geop's Dark Souls LP.

Otacon rapping was incredible.

EDIT: yay, an Otacon rap :d:

Wait... COMIC SANS THAT FONT, COWBOY

What the hell

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 27, 2017

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

I'm so happy Isfahan is in the rap hour. I still have the Otacon As Eminem I photoshopped because of him for Geop's Dark Souls LP.

Otacon rapping was incredible.

EDIT: yay, an Otacon rap :d:

Wait... COMIC SANS THAT FONT, COWBOY

What the hell

You can't say that and not post the photoshop

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alaois posted:

You can't say that and not post the photoshop

Oh geez, lemme thumb through my random poo poo I photoshopped for LPs folder.

Here we are, Eminemmerich.

And while I'm at it, have his pal, Sonnet Snake.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
oh god the doc listings reminded me that Metabods exists and now I can't stop sweating

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Midnight Voyager posted:

Oh geez, lemme thumb through my random poo poo I photoshopped for LPs folder.

Here we are, Eminemmerich.

And while I'm at it, have his pal, Sonnet Snake.

These are great.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I am dying while listening to this guy somehow accidentally write A Handmaid's Tale but with jizzing men as his erotic cumming fantasy.

And I'm just looking at this to block out the rose brooch script in this hour.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 29, 2017

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Which ep is the one with istfhvan's Lou reads impersonation?

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Which ep is the one with istfhvan's Lou reads impersonation?

Episode 117. Skip to 84:43 for Isfahan's Lou voice.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
Which ep is the one where Bozarth starts reading a post like a robot (different pitches and tones for each word)? I think Lemon says something like "Oh my god the spambot's come to life!"

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's the r/legaladvice one.

And I always heard more of a MAX H-h-h-EAD-roooom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
I was about to re-listen to that one due to the fun times of the Boozy Barrister Furry Saga.