Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Bad Moon posted:

Wait did Batman leave KGBeast in a sewer to starve to death?

I like how there were convenient stacks of boards just waiting there. (Unless Batman put them there beforehand I guess.)

Also, he'll be fine, he can eat rats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Longbaugh01 posted:

I like how there were convenient stacks of boards just waiting there. (Unless Batman put them there beforehand I guess.)

Also, he'll be fine, he can eat rats.

KGBeast actually died IIRC.

At this point I don't know what is more hilarious, Manu's bare faced lies or the people that still believe him

https://twitter.com/manubennett/status/854101615485124608

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

Wait did Batman leave KGBeast in a sewer to starve to death?

They later retconned it that Batman called the cops to pick him up but yeah, as written he absolutely left him to die. KGBeast had successfully killed seven high-ranking US targets up to this point on an unauthorized mission, and Batman had just barely stopped him from assassinating then-President Reagan. A government spook previously told Batman that if KGBeast was captured he'd be extradited back to the Soviet Union and probably get off lightly instead of facing American justice, so this problem was outside Batman's usual context.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

McSpanky posted:

this problem was outside Batman's usual context.

It's true. Batman has no context for habitual killers for whom the justice system is just a speedbump.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

OB_Juan posted:

It's true. Batman has no context for habitual killers for whom the justice system is just a speedbump.

Hey man, I think he meant the geopolitical context.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
That could be, and would make more sense than the way I took it, I guess.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Longbaugh01 posted:

Hey man, I think he meant the geopolitical context.

Yes that would be the one.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
What would be even better is if it's Anatoli who sics Dolph's KGBeast on Ollie as revenge, just to complete the utter 180 from every value he held as a result of the Bratva's influence.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/854453554865623040

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like its going to be kind of sad when Oliver goes back to Lian Yu and it signals the end of the flashbacks. I mean, I think they've largely worn out their welcome but its the end of an era.

Then again he set up a secret prison there and has vacationed there at least twice so I'm sure he'll be back to the island in Season 6.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

I liked how they censored Amell's lower half, making it look like he was running around the woods naked

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Amell gonna play Triton in a live action Little Mermaid

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

hangedman1984 posted:

I liked how they censored Amell's lower half, making it look like he was running around the woods naked

ALL he got was the stupid t-shirt.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

STAC Goat posted:

I feel like its going to be kind of sad when Oliver goes back to Lian Yu and it signals the end of the flashbacks. I mean, I think they've largely worn out their welcome but its the end of an era.

Then again he set up a secret prison there and has vacationed there at least twice so I'm sure he'll be back to the island in Season 6.

After this season though I wonder how they will keep it fresh without leaning so hard on 5 years in hell and hopefully with Oliver reformed into a proper superhero instead.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
My question is what will they come up with to keep putting Amell in silly wigs?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bentacos posted:

Monthly theme days at city hall!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bentacos posted:

sir. sir that red wig isn't fooling anyone. the people know you're the green arrow. sir

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

bentacos posted:

"My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal: to save my city. But my old approach wasn't enough. I had to become someone else. I had to become something else. I had to become the Black Canary."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Phylodox posted:

"My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal: to save my city. But my old approach wasn't enough. I had to become someone else. I had to become something else. I had to become the Black Canary."

Dinah: t:mad:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sober posted:

After this season though I wonder how they will keep it fresh without leaning so hard on 5 years in hell and hopefully with Oliver reformed into a proper superhero instead.

Its close enough to the end of season that speculation seems pointless to me. But it certainly seems like they're sticking with the team of superheroes he's assembled this season and a more heroic Green Arrow. This whole Prometheus and Bratva storylines basically push him that way.

They could probably get away with at least half a season of "Green Arrow and the Outsiders" with a big Flash/Supergirl/Legends crossover before something dark happens again.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

bentacos posted:

He'll become a Russian spy.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sober posted:

I swear they better start showing flashbacks to season 1 during season 6 (or 7, I can't remember what year it's on). They can use that sepia filter and everything. It'd be great.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
:siren:Spoilers:siren:
While it doesn't reveal actual plot it does reveal other things.
Arrow End of Season 5 Sizzle Reel
https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/videos/1372280989523831/

"Hey kid, I'm glad you came back" is :perfect:

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 20, 2017

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I wonder how Manu's going to deny it now. CGI trickery!!!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

God drat that spoils a lot of awesome poo poo!

I'm both upset I clicked on it and absolutely pumped.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh man oh man THOSE MATCHUPS :flashfap:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Digital Jedi posted:

:siren:Spoilers:siren:
While it doesn't reveal actual plot it does reveal other things.
Arrow End of Season 5 Sizzle Reel
https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/videos/1372280989523831/

"Hey kid, I'm glad you came back" is :perfect:

This made my wiener hard.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Phylodox posted:

It made him finally give in.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Phylodox posted:

They just spliced in old footage/audio, Manu is tooootally in New Zealand.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Who was that big guy fighting with Wilddog on a rooftop and who was the guy in the hood using bow/arrows alongside Ollie in a tactical mask using bow/arrows inside that chainlink fencing?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Who was that big guy fighting with Wilddog on a rooftop and who was the guy in the hood using bow/arrows alongside Ollie in a tactical mask using bow/arrows inside that chainlink fencing?

The first one is wrestler Cody Rhodes who played a metahuman villain earlier in the season and has done a bunch of wrestling feuds with Stephen Amell since he had a very comic booky wrestling character Stardust.

The second happens too fast for me to really get any sense, but whoever it is is wearing a hood so I'd guess Merlyn or Nyssa. Or maybe even Prometheus himself since I'm not clear on who they're fighting and maybe its some common enemy like the Bratva.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The second guy is Roy. Colton Haynes confirmed that he'd be coming back in season 5.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was actually going to guess at that but I really didn't see anything to be sure about it and i didn't want to get anyone's hopes up.

So basically EVERYONE EVER COMES BACK in the rest of the season, which is so much fun.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Oh my loving god.

If you'd told me at the end of last season that I'd be so excited for the end of this season, I'd have never believed you. I'm so hyped for Arrow of all things.

Why is Cody Rhodes even back? I never figured he'd be more than a oneshot character. Is he based on an existing comic villain or something? Does it even matter when Cody Rhodes owns this much?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cran posted:

Oh my loving god.

If you'd told me at the end of last season that I'd be so excited for the end of this season, I'd have never believed you. I'm so hyped for Arrow of all things.

Why is Cody Rhodes even back? I never figured he'd be more than a oneshot character. Is he based on an existing comic villain or something? Does it even matter when Cody Rhodes owns this much?

I don't recognize the character name but I feel lkke it's mostly just because Rhodes and Amell have been doing this feud for years even before he came on the show so they just get a kick out of keeping it going.. Which totally works for me.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

I know its not, but it kinda feels like a series finale.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The show initially had a 5 year plan. A loose one, but still.

So it's closing s major chapter.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Aphrodite posted:

The show initially had a 5 year plan. A loose one, but still.

So it's closing s major chapter.
While I'm excited I'm worried about how S6 onwards will go. Will it just become generic superhero fodder? Half the charm was the 5 years vs 5 years format (as dumb as the flashbacks got). Feels like all the major Oliver Queen character study beats will or should be done with by the end of it.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Sober posted:

While I'm excited I'm worried about how S6 onwards will go. Will it just become generic superhero fodder? Half the charm was the 5 years vs 5 years format (as dumb as the flashbacks got). Feels like all the major Oliver Queen character study beats will or should be done with by the end of it.

The rest of the series is just about coming up with weird arrows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I'm seeing huge walls of black boxes on the app and like to think it's actually people who saw the trailer swearing really filthily in excitement.

• Locked thread