Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Toplowtech posted:

It's about loving over Fillon to take the party back from the crazies.

I thought Sarkozy was one of the crazies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Aliquid posted:

Wouldn't that make Macron the obvious choice?
Macron not getting to the second round would kill any parliamentary election dynamic he could have hoped to get which would be good for Sarkozy(and Hamon and Valls and everyone who hate Macron guts which is a lot).

Badger of Basra posted:

The crazies are the "sense commun" (common sense) movement, the antigay ultra catholics who zerged the republican party's primary to get Fillon elected. It's the current form of the "une manif pour tous" movement.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Badger of Basra posted:

No, he's a perfectly rational rear end in a top hat.

3peat
May 6, 2010

Aliquid posted:

Someone on the news is shocked that everyone she knows who supported Sarkozy has switched to Melenchon. I'm kinda shocked too; where's the crossover?

I assume it's because Melenchon looks and sound the most presidential, which is a very important thing for them?

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost

So they have the upper hand and want to make it painful. Don't they risk pushing the UK too far and breaking something more imporant, say, NATO?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Dawncloack posted:

So they have the upper hand and want to make it painful. Don't they risk pushing the UK too far and breaking something more imporant, say, NATO?

That's a good point. The only NATO members that matter speak english or turkish.

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/pamfoundation/status/854617461278343168

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Dawncloack posted:

Breaking it how? Unless the UK leaving meant Trump would pull the US out too, it'd just mean the Americans would lose their fifth column in Europe.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Dawncloack posted:

It is only sensible that the UK has to be in Euro, given that most of the obligations are denominated in Euro too and given the new election calendar in the UK, I don't think the exit bill will be a major hurdle in the negotiations. Through this early election May's fate will depend on the mid to long term ramifications of the Brexit deal and not the exit bill.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Dawncloack posted:

No. The UK decided to leave, why should the rest of the EU pony up for our staff to fly over there, do the negotiations etc.? You break it, you buy the short-term consequences while we discuss the big exit bill.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Kurtofan posted:

There's no loving logic to anything in this country

People don't vote for ideologies, they vote for the guy who seems most trustworthy/decisive/respectable/approachable/whatever.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Junior G-man posted:

No. The UK decided to leave, why should the rest of the EU pony up for our staff to fly over there, do the negotiations etc.? You break it, you buy the short-term consequences while we discuss the big exit bill.

The EU is fundamentally a vassal state of the US and should really not have any illusions about that. The US and UK are much closer then the US is to continental Europe and the current administration is particularly sympathetic to Brexit. The EU trying to play hardball is incredibly shortsighted as to their actual position in the world

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

SickZip posted:

The EU is fundamentally a vassal state of the US and should really not have any illusions about that. The US and UK are much closer then the US is to continental Europe and the current administration is particularly sympathetic to Brexit. The EU trying to play hardball is incredibly shortsighted as to their actual position in the world

Well, the US is trying to change that. And apparently the UK decided self-destruction is just too much fun to be left out

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Juncker, give the tribute ducats

this is the spymaster

give the ducats

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

SickZip posted:

Tell what "playing hardball" means in this context and what is the alternative? Like, say, the agency thing - is that hardball?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/uv4Gc4xQwTbYX8mjGah3/full

quote:

Back in early 2007, both scholarly and elite conventional wisdom agreed on the following. The ongoing multilateral Doha round of the World Trade Organization (WTO) was going to take some time to negotiate, but it would be completed in the not too distant future. The world economy was blessed by a ‘Great Moderation’ in volatility wrought by the technocratic competence of independent central bankers. The euro was going to be the new international reserve currency of choice and a beacon of monetary stability. Further economic and political integration was still the choice for Europe despite temporary setbacks around the adoption of a proposed constitutional treaty. The IMF looked like it would soon have to shut down its operations because there were no more financial crises lurking around the corner. The ‘BRICs’ were going to substantially increase their overall clout in global economic governance. And finally, international migration flows would only continue to intensify. So what actually happened?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

SickZip posted:

Considering how the Brits think Brexit will strengthen their economy and currency, denominating any payments to the EU in € is actually the opposite of playing hardball. :v:

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/ReutersWorld/status/855139759873818625

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

You'd better hope that was a fascist and not a Muslim, otherwise Le Pen will have a field day.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

CottonWolf posted:

You'd better hope that was a fascist and not a Muslim, otherwise Le Pen will have a field day.

Please be a while person please be a white person please be a white person

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lord of the Llamas posted:

The only phone pollster shows Melenchon in 2nd. Who's right this time?!

Aaaand it's gone

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I hear there's a last minute attempt to influence French elections going on

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hamon it is then

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kurtofan posted:

Hamon it is then

They are the less shameful people to give the Legion d'honneur to, compared to the last 10 years

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
https://twitter.com/HeleneFouquet/status/855145282446774274

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
just abolish the legion of honor

gently caress assange

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Mélenchon is the first to deal with the security problem in an innovative way.

Want to shoot him during a meeting ? Guess what you just tried to shoot an hologram, you got owned son. You had 1 on 5 chances anyway

e btw yesterday someone broke into a Fillon car and stole a laptop and gun ammo, gj you loving turds

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 20, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
congrats to president le pen

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/855148807012659200

Time to pray that it's true.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Insh'Allah.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

gently caress assange
Oh yeah if Pamela Anderson famous French politic expert said it it must be true.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Toplowtech posted:

Oh yeah if Pamela Anderson famous French politic expert said it it must be true.

i'll trust anything pamela anderson says

also lol at being a robbery, yeah right the best way to rob someone is by shooting cops on the champs elysees with an ak, it's foolproof

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/855151516851863552

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

But where will you put all the loving assholes then?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
make it la légion du déshonneur

just keep the awards that was given to miyamoto and michel ancel (and rescinds molyneuxs)

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kurtofan posted:

i'll trust anything pamela anderson says

also lol at being a robbery, yeah right the best way to rob someone is by shooting cops on the champs elysees with an ak, it's foolproof

It needs to be true for 48 hours I don't care

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Please be true

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The shooter was fiché S

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Second dead police according to Libération.

But then again terrorizing the police is like Polish cavalrying the Panzers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

unpacked robinhood posted:

The shooter was fiché S
Does it still mean anything those days? Former jihadists will be part of le milieu for decades.