Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So there are rumors circulating that Chaffetz's last day as a congressman will be tomorrow.

Only rumours at this point but I wonder what the hell would cause him to not seek reelection and resign three months into the current session.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Handsome Ralph posted:

So there are rumors circulating that Chaffetz's last day as a congressman will be tomorrow.

Only rumours at this point but I wonder what the hell would cause him to not seek reelection and resign three months into the current session.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Forgot to refresh before posting. Whoops.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/AJENews/status/855149252804313089

Edit: was a dumb joke and I don't like it anymore

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 20, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
100% real

https://twitter.com/DavidChalian/status/855153294943105026

100% real

https://twitter.com/mikememoli/status/855154547051966465

Edit: unfortunately also real, more shooting in Paris, maybe as they're trying to catch the second person https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/855155378526576643

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
So syria, North Korea, Iran, who else can America bomb?

https://twitter.com/AP/status/855152353154093057

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lol is this thread anything but a dumb RSS feed of hollow quotes involving our inevitable war with North Korea, Iran, and the rest of the world, that is totally going to happen like yesterday

I get you guys ironically pray for a nuclear holocaust but god drat, it's the same clockwork circle jerk. If war happens by all means lmk but until then :shrug:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Fine, we'll discuss gun control, tipping ethics, and and Israel/Palestine instead.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

mlmp08 posted:

Fine, we'll discuss gun control, tipping ethics, and and Israel/Palestine instead.

Don't forget the real reasons Hillary lost!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
^^^^^^^^^
:argh:

mlmp08 posted:

Also what Hillary did wrong during the campaign

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/855151308289998851

2017 keeps delivering at an astonishing rate :discourse:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

lol is this thread anything but a dumb RSS feed of hollow quotes involving our inevitable war with North Korea, Iran, and the rest of the world, that is totally going to happen like yesterday

I get you guys ironically pray for a nuclear holocaust but god drat, it's the same clockwork circle jerk. If war happens by all means lmk but until then :shrug:

HaVe you considered just...not reading this thread?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

sometimes it's good but that's literally all it has been

I guess i'm alone in my sentiments carry on :tipshat:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

That may be the dumbest thing he's done yet.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
it has turned into an RSS feed but not because no one wants to put the effort to discuss anything, its just the new lows are like hourly and poo poo you can't keep up with this amount of badness

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Other topics just can't gain traction in the trumpslide and get washed away. They do get posed on and disscussed in between bouts of orange senility.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

news comes out in twitter form and its easier to post a tweet with a small abstract rather than just an article link

its also 420 and everyone is probably stoned and not trying to find depressing news (all news is depressing lately)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

hello I also hate trump and think he's dumb here's some twitter quotes associated with him or made by we all hate trump high-five all! :bandwagon:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Here's some good news for you from my country:
http://m.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11840364

Waiting on trump to decry it tbh

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I get current events are more entertaining if they're negative, but a CE doesn't have to be all bad fam

-edit what's up with NZ and Australian dishwashers making bookoo bucks. I get it's relatively reflected with the cost of living and all but drat

also do you guys spend more time out of your country than in

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I get current events are more entertaining if they're negative, but a CE doesn't have to be all bad fam

-edit what's up with NZ and Australian dishwashers making bookoo bucks. I get it's relatively reflected with the cost of living and all but drat

also do you guys spend more time out of your country than in

There's good things but like with everything, the bad stands out more than the good. News is generally bad anyways, its what sells right. The anti-trump stuff is pretty circle jerky but I don't think there are many trump supporters cause even if you're a conservative, trump is a Bad Person.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

has anyone in the history of the CE threads outright supported Trump, outside of just wanting to ruffle feathers and get a reaction

Do Trump supporters even exist on SA..? I figured I would have seen some Trump AVs by now

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

hello I also hate trump and think he's dumb here's some twitter quotes associated with him or made by we all hate trump high-five all! :bandwagon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urcqQC02YbY

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

has anyone in the history of the CE threads outright supported Trump, outside of just wanting to ruffle feathers and get a reaction

Do Trump supporters even exist on SA..? I figured I would have seen some Trump AVs by now

if anyone did unironically support trump I'm sure a lot of them would say that was a joke now

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if there's some kind of weird unironic trump cult in D&D speaking in tongues to avoid being outed

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yeah. There's a certain forum about guns on here. I'm not going to import any dumbass cross-forum stuff, but there are certainly posters who were essentially happy with a gun friendly Supreme Court justice even if everything else was even worse than it actually is now.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ6cp2T76lY

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

here's some gun control poo poo we can debate

Some dude in Texas working EMS I know posted this:

Texas Senate endorses letting first responders carry guns

I think it's hilariously dumb. I just think of all the idiots in EMS, and the trigger happy dudes that want to play vigilante.

He referenced this:

4 firefighters shot, 2 killed at Webster, N.Y., fire

Truly unfortunate, but also extremely uncommon. Statistically speaking I'd say you are pretty safe. They going to run into a burning building with ammo and pistols strapped to their turnouts? EMS workers love to fantasize about the time that one ambulance in the company totally took pop shots in the 1992

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 20, 2017

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

JFC might as well blanket deputize everyone with a ham radio license while they're at it

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Sky Shark.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Don't police, ambulance and fire department all get mobilized when a 911 call is made?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I mean, all? Of course not. But if it involves crime, domestic violence, and or guns etc etc there's a good chance, yeah

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mlmp08 posted:

Yeah. There's a certain forum about guns on here. I'm not going to import any dumbass cross-forum stuff, but there are certainly posters who were essentially happy with a gun friendly Supreme Court justice even if everything else was even worse than it actually is now.

I think some are just trying to make the best of an otherwise crappy situation.

shame on an IGA posted:

JFC might as well blanket deputize everyone with a ham radio license while they're at it

Hey is it too much to ask the government for free automatic weapons.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Don't police, ambulance and fire department all get mobilized when a 911 call is made?

Yeah the usual SOP is if the call involves anything remotely dangerous police briefly clear the scene before ems or fire rolls in.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Also today is the 91st birthday of my beloved sovereign. God Save The Queen

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Two Finger posted:

Hmm tangentially related can we have some good Prince Phillip quotes about New Zealand.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

She queefed getting up this morning and the maid had to dust the entire room.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Two Finger posted:

not in English time (also gently caress the monarchy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Two Finger posted:

Do they still give her a daily box or is it done via email now?

• Locked thread