Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Conquest is the more funny stupid route, at least. Also the Nohr siblings are so much better than their Birthright counterparts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

AradoBalanga posted:

Yukimura is the one responsible for Azura's kidnapping by hiring Shura to do it. Because the best way to prove you are better than the super evil kingdom is to do the exact same thing the evil kingdom did, naturally.

Never meant to imply that he hasn't been responsible for shady poo poo; merely that he's not a cartoon supervillain like his Nohrian counterpart.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RevolverDivider posted:

Conquest is fantastic to play by virtue of having vastly superior map design then pretty much any FE since Path of Radiance and making really good and interesting use of all of its gameplay gimmicks, and making enemies interesting in a way beyond just big stats.
it has some of the best maps in the series, but its map variety is for poo poo and it also has some really bad ones thrown in.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

AradoBalanga posted:

Yukimura is the one responsible for Azura's kidnapping by hiring Shura to do it. Because the best way to prove you are better than the super evil kingdom is to do the exact same thing the evil kingdom did, naturally.

To be fair, trying to force a hostage exchange to get Corrin back isn't that bad an idea. It's just Garon apparently didn't give enough of a poo poo about Azura to try and get her back.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

For some reason, when I saw Sakura saying "I ONLY WANTED TO LOVE YOU!" I thought of Terry Funk saying, "I SHOULD'VE TAKEN THE MONEY!" Afterwards, I imagined Sakura calling Jerry Lawler a peice of poo poo, and Elise basically being a female Mick Foley.

There might be something wrong with me. :v:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The animated stuff is still on point at least!

That's always neat to see.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.
So, I'll at least say that there's some emotional sense in not wanting to betray your Nohr siblings, who you grew up with. Some better writing could make that better, or at least not hit us in the face with the HURR DURR MURDER-DAD HAS TRIED TO KILL ME FOUR TIMES IMMA ASK HIM WHY.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Siding with Nohr--really, this entire scene--would have worked a lot better if they had bothered to build any ambiguity into the story. Maybe all of Hoshido's evidence is circumstantial; maybe you overhear Yukimura saying he cared more about Corrin's power than reuniting the family; maybe Garon introduced Corrin to his older siblings as the child of a mistress instead of demanding they pretend he's their flesh and blood instead of a kidnapping victim. Hell, maybe Corrin is just a loving hostage raised by the enemy kingdom--a thing with plenty of historical precedent--who ends up siding with the only family they've ever known.

Instead they ignore all those possibilities, and many more besides for:
Corrin, my long lost sibling, kidnapped in your infancy by the enemy! Thank goodness we have a family portrait, a record of your birth, a handprint you left in wet mortar when you were a baby, and a signed confession by Garon's cradle-robbing henchman to prove what we say is true!
No, this can't be true! Nohr-fam, did you know this all along?
Yeahhhh sorry about that. We were gonna tell you but Camilla got real attached, and you know...
Seems legit. Let's go ask dad if I can have a fern in the bleak fortress I've lived my entire life.

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 20, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It'd be really great if this game had some kind of blocking system so you could have the royals refusing to harm you and instead trying to defend against an attack instead.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Oh good, spoiler preview is back. I guess we're somehow back in Woods of the Forlorn at the end.

"Hey pops, we're back"

"Wait, really"

I have returned, father.
So you have. Word of your work in Hoshido precedes you, son. What I've heard pleases me. Your efforts to vanquish our enemies will not go unrewarded.
Thank you, father. There's something else. I bring good tidings. it's about Corrine... she has already safely returned to us. Our family is whole again.
Corrine... has returned?

Even Garon is confused as gently caress

...Hello, father.
What are you doing here, girl?! Why did you come back?

GOOD QUESTION

F-Father! I...
Father! How could you say such a thing?

My spies are everywhere. I know you've been at Hoshido castle this whole time.

How. No one has explained how Garon has spies or assassins inside Hoshido when the literal reason why people can't invade is because of lobotomy barrier.

No doubt their filthy queen filled your head with all manner of secrets about your birth. A poor little princess of Hoshido abducted at a young age by the forces of Nohr. You are surely now aware that the royal family of Nohr is your enemy by birthright. Yet you came back, all the same. I can't help but wonder why.

Garon is not even pretending he didn't murder the king and kidnapped her.

Could it be she's planning to assassinate you, King Garon? It's only logical...

"Logicial"

NO! how could you say that?! I would never do such a thing!
It's true. That is simply not possible.
Oh? How can you be so sure? I expect less sentimentality from a future king of Nohr.
I have proof her loyalty still lies with Nohr! Although it was her first true battle, she fought off the Hoshidan army all alone.

Somehow, Corrine has already upped her death warrant to maximum in half a chapter.

Be quiet, Corrine. Don't say a word...
What's more, I saw her elect to return to Nohr with my own eyes. We all did. Because of that choice, Prince Ryoma grew angry and tried to kill Corrine. If she were a Hoshidan spy, why would she risk his life for us? Why would he alienate herself from the royals by protecting us?
Hmmm... A convincing story. But it proves nothing. The whole thing could be an elaborate ruse!

Well, at least no one likes Iago even on Nohr's side.

You weren't even there, you fool. How could you possibly know what transpired?
That is enough, Iago. Your words have been heard and considered. Corrine! Where is the sword I gifted you with before you left?

Garon is actively trolling Corrine now.

That sword... it broke while I was in Hoshido... it exploded before my eyes. If Mother... I mean, the Hoshidan queen... if she hadn't sacrificed herself to save me, I would have died.
I see... how very touching.
Father...I must ask you something. D-did you give me that sword, knowing this would happen? Was it planned?
Corrine, I don't think now is the best time to bring that up.

Father, please tell me the truth. Did you plan that explosion?
Did you raise me as your child just to send me with that sword to die in Hoshido?

That is the longest con in the world

That REQUIRED a Nohrian person to activate the explosion sword.

Why did they need Corrine again???

That sword is just a sword. I know nothing about this attack of which you speak.
But, Father...
I gave you my answer, girl! I won't say it again.

Again, Garon actively trolling to bait out the question and then pretending it didn't happen.

King Garon. I think it's safe to say we have a dirty Hoshidan spy on our hands...
Sadly, I must agree. now that the war between our kingdoms has escalated, I have no choice. I cannot allow this little problem to go any further than it already has.

WHAT?!
Father, stop this madness! I beg of you!
Please, no! Don't hurt our sister!
That's enough, Princess. It is not your place to question the King's decision. Not even a queen would be able to overrule a direct command from King Garon!
Xander, you have your orders. No more stalling. Proceed.
I won't do it! I'm sorry, father.

Or is our own crown prince also a traitor? He IS defying a royal order, after all...
Stop this! Xander is not a traitor.
Father... I am the cause of all this. All will be well if I just disappear, correct? Please don't bring Xander into this. I'll do it myself.
... Father?

I shall allow the great Anankos to decide your fate. Now would be a good time to start praying.
Father? I don't understand...

It's that same dragon Garon cried out when he died back in Birthright.

He alone shall decide Corrine's fate.
King Garon? You can't be serious... Are you feeling well?
The mystical dragon... Anankos?

Grant me a vision... Show me the way.........

*Prays to the ceiling*

Understood. It shall be done. Fate has smiled on you today, young Corrine. As decreed by Anankos, you shall be accepted in Nohrian royal family.
Father, I... Thank you!

Why are you happy?! What?!

King Garon?! This is preposterous!
You did the right thing, Father. We are all eternally grateful.
Not so fast. Before it can be done, Corrine must first pass a test.
A test? What kind of test?

Once you have gloriously fulfilled that obligation on behalf of Nohr... I will welcome you back into the fold as my daughter, and all will be as it was.
Suppress the rebellion...
I understand, Father. No matter what, I won't let you down.
You'll do great, Corrine. I will prepare the troops immediately. With our army at your side, you will make quick work of that little rebellion.
Yeah! You can do it! I'll go along too, so I can heal you if you get hurt!

To fulfill the wishes of Anankos, she must perform this task by herself. Corrine will vanquish the tribe alone, without the help of our troops.
WHAT?! Father! That's... that's not possible!

That's kinda the point, Elise

Father, be reasonable. Attempting to end this rebellion alone is suicide! To even get there, she must first pass through the Woods of the Forlorn. it's too much to ask of him when she's still so inexperienced in the ways of the world!
If that is so, then kill her now. I will not tolerate insolence.
Understood, Father. I apologize for my outburst.

Do you remember when Leo said I have the Devil's luck? It must be true. I swear to you, I will accomplish this task and return home without fail. If you'll excuse me, I must go make the proper preparations for my journey.
Corrine... May the gods be at your side.
I have high hopes for you, Corrine. Do not let me down.
I won't, father. That's a promise.

She genuinely still thinks Garon has her back.

*Everyone leaves the throne room*

she has already left, all alone, just as Anankos ordained. No traitor of Nohr shall escape justice! Even if she begs for the sweet release of death, I won't allow it. she must first live long enough to lose all hope and learn the true meaning of pain. Mwahahahaha!

You are somehow less at risk of death by siding with Hoshido than going back to Nohr. CONQUEST

I can't tell if Xander is outside the room or actually just standing next to him because of those stairs.

...So it is true. I should have known. Father only wishes to make Corrine suffer...

NOW you figured that out??

In that case, I know what I must do.

So these are the Woods of the Forlorn... if I can't make it through here, I'll never reach the Ice Tribe village. I... I wonder if I'm even going the right way. I've never had to go it alone like this. It's a lonely feeling.

Holy poo poo, Lilith already has more story presence than all of Birthright

Oh, I'm sorry, Lilith! You're absolutely right - I'm not alone at all. I have you! Thank you for looking after me. Having you here makes me feel a lot better.
But enough fooling around. I must fulfill Father's command. Otherwise... Otherwise I betrayed my birth family for nothing. *sigh*

"For nothing" feels like it's gonna be a common theme....

*Time passes*

It's so dark, I could be walking in endless circles for all I know. What to do...
Lilith? What was that? I think I heard something...

Grrrrr... Arrgghhh...
I can't believe it! I had no idea there were Faceless in this forest. This is bad...

Lilith hosed off and went back to her dimension.

That means there's only one option... I'll have to fight my way through!

*Corrine fights with the Faceless*

Raaaaaargh!

Wow... S-such power!
I'm out of my league. I have no choice... I'll have to use my Dragonstone.

Literal first mention of the Dragonstone in story since chapter 5 when I started this.

*Another Faceless appear*

Grrraaaaargh!

I'm in deep trouble now. There's no way I can transform in time.

Graaaargh!

*Camera zooms in on the attacker*

Corrine, are you OK? Thank heavens I arrived before it was too late!
Jakob?! I'm fine, thanks to you. But... what are you doing here?

*Jakob jumps to her aid*

I apologize for the shock, milady. I was worried sick and just had to check on you.
They say the spirits of the dead inhabit this forest, searching for fresh souls to take. I simply could not allow you to face such horrors all by yourself. It's not easy to do something behind King Garon's back, but I managed.
In any case, Flora, Felicia and I were all reassigned to the castle after you left. Those two should have no trouble covering for me in my absence, so all should be well.
Thank you, Jakob. It was very kind of you to come after me like you did.
But are you sure this is for the best? According to that... that dragon, I have to do this alone or it doesn't count.

I didn't think through the consequences of my actions. This is all my fault
It's OK, Jakob. Anankos just said I have to beat the ice tribe by myself. We're not even there yet, so I bet it's fine. Besides, I'd be dead if it weren't for you!
Thank you, Lady Corrine. It is an honor to serve you.
Grrrraaaargh...
Uh-oh... It looks like we have more company.
I hate to ask for your help again so soon, but would you mind lending a hand?
Certainly. You had only to ask. I refuse to let you die in this horrible place.
Same here. Now let's take these creepy things down and get out of this creepy forest!
As you wish. Leave it to me!

I'm not too worried. It's just a bunch of Faceless, literally the worst enemies by far in Birthright. So how bad can they b-

Oh

Tae fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 20, 2017

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
At least Conquest has the courtesy to tell you right off the bat that the plot is going to be incredibly stupid.

Since I played Conquest first, I learned that Faceless were nasty pieces of work, and was surprised at how completely toothless they were in Birthright.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
You've got a bunch of pictures that have the male rather than female avatar face there. Other than that, yeah, this is shaping up to be dumb. Faceless with poison strike though? Scary.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Stephen9001 posted:

You've got a bunch of pictures that have the male rather than female avatar face there. Other than that, yeah, this is shaping up to be dumb. Faceless with poison strike though? Scary.

It gets much worse then just poison strike. The motto for Conquest might as well be check what skills the enemies have or else suffer horribly.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Conquest's greatest strength is that enemies have actual skills now, so there's a lot more tactical variety. Even if basically every enemy is a dirty cheater with skills they can't normally get :argh:

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Okay, why does Corrine have any trust for a man she had little to no contact with growing up? ESPECIALLY when said man isn't even pretending that he isn't trying to kill her, and is actively looking for excuses to do so...

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

CptWedgie posted:

Okay, why does Corrine have any trust for a man she had little to no contact with growing up? ESPECIALLY when said man isn't even pretending that he isn't trying to kill her, and is actively looking for excuses to do so...
This may come as a shock, but Corrine's not too bright :ssh:

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

There's "not too bright" and then there's THIS.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

The line "Did you raise me as your child just to send me with that sword to die in Hoshido?" has Corrin's portrait instead of Corrine's.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Maybe it's because of her only growing up around a handful of people and lacking social skills? :v:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

It'd be really great if this game had some kind of blocking system so you could have the royals refusing to harm you and instead trying to defend against an attack instead.

To be fair, this is essentially represented in you punching Sakura, or Elise in Birthright, in the face during that initial battle. Even ignoring that they mechanically have no weapon, in terms of story they're kind of refusing to attack you too.

Also, BOY OH BOY, is Xander's "I know what I must do" plan absolutely great.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Much like Robin, Corrin was the product of generations of inbreeding

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Much like Robin, Corrin was the product of generations of inbreeding

You know those selective breeding practices that they do with, say, dogs? Where you spend generation after generation with a specific goal in mind, and in the end you get, like, a greyhound or something that is just king poo poo at its area of expertise?

Robin's that.

Corrin is one of the hideously deformed puppies that born midway through the process when everyone's still not quite sure what they're doing.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
The image cropping on this latest update is off. Did someone mention that and I missed it or....?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The 3DS program was resized and that threw off OBS. I fixed already so it won't be like that for the next update.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
My initial run of Conquest was plagued by bad stat growths and RNG dickery.

So I decided to play Lunatic difficulty to capture one unit. :v:

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

You know those selective breeding practices that they do with, say, dogs? Where you spend generation after generation with a specific goal in mind, and in the end you get, like, a greyhound or something that is just king poo poo at its area of expertise?

Robin's that.

Corrin is one of the hideously deformed puppies that born midway through the process when everyone's still not quite sure what they're doing.

So she's a pug?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The map isn't as hopeless as it looks, since Corrine's at a point where she basically takes no damage while in Dragon form and next to Jakob.

The debuff dual attack will help out Jakob in gaining levels since Corrins is already way ahead since she was fed every kill in the first 5 chapters.

Well uh, clearing those Faceless gets Jakob HP. He's going to be a bigger poster child of "stats don't matter because UTILITY"

I hate to say it Jakob, but we're wildly outnumbered here. We need a plan, and fast.
Hello? Hellooo?
Did you hear that? I think someone's calling out to us in the distance...
Hey, Corrine! Over here!

*Someone arrives to the marsh*

Hey, it's ole reliable!

Um, thanks. And you would be...?
It's me, Silas! It's been a long time, Corrine. You're a lot taller! It makes me so happy to reunite with a childhood friend like this.
A childhood friend? I'm really sorry, but I'm drawing a blank.
So you've forgotten about me, eh? Haha, no worries. It's been ages. We used to play together. You always said how badly you wanted to see the world. So one day I made us a picnic and snuck you out for a few hours to explore.

Why didn't you mention that in Birthright

I knew taking you beyond the walls was forbidden, but... I also knew how much it would mean to you. The guards tried to execute me when we returned, but you wouldn't let them do it.
No, it can't be... Silas?! Is it really you? Of course I remember you! I can't believe it! It's been a lifetime since I last saw you. You look so different!

Is that why Corrin couldn't remember for poo poo

I became a Nohrian Knight so that one day I might be able to see you again.
Now here we are, in the middle of one of your messes! Just like old times, huh? If you will allow me, I would be honored to fight at your side.
Silas... Thank you. You really are a sight for sore eyes.

Corrine! I'm here too!!

*Elise appears near Silas*

Heehee, of course! That's what sisters are for, right? No way I was gonna let our new knight come to your rescue without me!
I'm here to help you, Corrine! I don't care what Father thinks!

Well, I see that whole "I MUST DO IT ALONE! DON'T HELP ME" lasted like two minutes.

Thank you, Elise... that means so much to me.
Anyway, back to business. Silas, you're a real dummy, you know that? Mean, too. Leaving a cute princess behind while you forge ahead. Shame on you!
I-I'm so sorry, milady! But, um, don't you have your own retainers to look after you?

So what you're saying is... you left them behind to forge ahead. Right?
Right!
Elise... you are adorable. Go easy on Silas for me, OK?

So Elise is finally in my control despite many, many legit chances a few updates ago. Her PSkill is another damage reducer, which will help Silas stonehall a chokepoint.

*The next turn, two more people arrive*

I'm sorry for letting you slip away, milady. Evil never rests, and nor should I!
Elise! I was so worried! Thank goodness we found you. Please don't sneak off again - especially when we're all supposed to be resting.
Heehee, I'm sorry I made you worry. I was just too excited to see Corrine again!
Ah, I finally have the privilege of meeting Elise's retainers. Thank you for coming.
Where injustice dwells, you're sure to find me. I can also be found wherever Elise is.

Then another bird stole my backup map... Let's just say it was an ordeal.
Oh, Arthur, that is SO YOU! He has the worst luck, heehee.

I would ask why Elise has a bodyguard that causes constant bad luck and despair, but then I remembered that Camilla has Severa with her

I see... Well, all that matters is that you're here now.
I didn't fall in the swamp like Arthur, but my armor did hold me back.
Maybe I packed too many training stones into it before I left...
Effie is super strong! She's amazing!

...I can see how Elise manages to sneak off into the sewers without problem.

With all of you on my side, I know we can make it through this. Thank you, all of you, for putting yourselves at risk to come to my aid.
Sure thing! But really Xander is the one you should thank.
He went behind Father's back and sent us all out here to keep you safe!
Xander...
Well, I certainly can't die before thanking him. All the more reason to prevail!

Effie is your standard tank, which may come off as disappointing after the all-around defensiveness of Oboro and Hinoka. However, unlike them, Effie can kill reliably on her own thanks to her PSkill.

Arthur is...okay. He's probably the only character I would remove abilities because Gamble is already messing up his shaky accuracy.

Silas and Effie will alternate choking that bottom swamp path, while Corrine and Jakob continue destroying the left.

Arthur, can you tank?

The answer is a definite no, because you can barely hit stuff and there's always a chance to just straight up die from a crit.

A little debuff slap nets Jakob a great level. He just needs these every other level and I'm fine with him.

...Why does Effie wear no pants

This is evil. Paired-up Faceless with Seal Speed. Arthur's definitely going to be doubled for a while.

The dam broke a bit while trying to deal with the Seal Speeding Faceless that even Elise was at risk of dying.

Silas, I'm going to tell you that you really need to hit your defensive growths a lot for this run.

Strength is important to reliably activate that PSkill.

Corrine's going to be more of a factor and powerhouse than Corrin, just because I made sure to target Strength as a near guaranteed gain.

Well, it's no body surf from Awakening but still cool.

Christ, Conquest is already hitting us with way more powerful stuff than endgame Birthright. Wary Fighter to prevent doubling (even though no one has that high of a speed) and Savage Blow for AoE damage? Yuck.

Savage Blow is AoE Poison Strike if you didn't know and yes, it stacks.

Some healing nets what is going to be Elise level. Magic, speed, screw the rest.

Skill is definitely a good start for you, only-character-with-sub 80%-hit-rate

Tae fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 21, 2017

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tae posted:

Some healing nets what is going to be Elise level. Magic, speed, screw the rest.
Admittedly, gaining Resistance with those stats would pretty much be EliseGrowths.txt, since like you said, she really does not care for anything else.

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Every part of every human being-even their ugly sides-is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty.

Tae posted:

SLIDE GIF

Well, it's no body surf from Awakening but still cool.

You missed a gif here.

Also, Effie is pretty drat great as a unit, but her character design frustrates me. I can't tell if she's supposed to be 20, 50 or somewhere in between.

Smoke_Max
Sep 7, 2011

Tae posted:

Heehee, of course! That's what sisters are for, right? No way I was gonna let our new knight come to your rescue without me!

I'm fairly sure this is supposed to be Elise.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

the gently caress is going on with me today

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

:allears: I don't care if the plot is dumb and he can't hit for poo poo, Arthur is amazing.

Inferno-sama fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 21, 2017

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
I got lucky in my run of Conquest and Arthur decided to grab a decent chunk of defense. With a decent base of defense, he can be a pretty great tank with his large amount of HP. I also really like Effie. Her skill design feels like it fixed one of the big problems that came from a lot of previous FE games. Her massive strength paired with her PSkill removes the issue of not being able to double when she can delete most enemies with relative ease.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Tae posted:

the gently caress is going on with me today

That is what the lack of pants are for: to be a double distraction on top of the whole 'being a giant armored distraction' thing.

Or maybe they just chafe really bad.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

...Why does Effie wear no pants

I told you already, we had to sacrifice a lot to give everyone feet and sick rear end attack animations!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
arthur is the best character in the game, and i can even conclusively say that having seen the utterly forgettable ones from birthright now

unless revelations introduces new characters, which i guess it should but probably won't

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

mandatory lesbian posted:

arthur is the best character in the game, and i can even conclusively say that having seen the utterly forgettable ones from birthright now

unless revelations introduces new characters, which i guess it should but probably won't

How can you say Arthur is the best when Effie is right here?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Inferno-sama posted:

:allears: I don't care if the plot is dumb and he can't hit for poo poo, Arthur is amazing.

That is... not the kind of character I was expecting with the evil empire faction. You have my attention, Fates.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Effie is a real powerhouse and always a mainstay on my team in Conquest. She starts out one shotting squishy unit types and stays that way through the rest of the game, basically, because her Pskill is insane.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So I'm not gonna lie, when I first saw the Anankos scene I thought Garon was trolling by making up a stupid ritual no one would question and using it to rule by fiat decree.

The discovery that he's not is very disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

arthur's legit one of the game's best characters writing-wise, his gag actually works because there's enough ways you can spin it and he has an actual motivation outside of spouting it, and he actually has some interesting relationships with some of the cast.

LifeofaGuardian posted:

Also, Effie is pretty drat great as a unit, but her character design frustrates me. I can't tell if she's supposed to be 20, 50 or somewhere in between.
Somewhere in her mid 20s, I'd say.

Also, here's some art of Arthur and Effie by the game's artist, Yusuke Kozaki.

I like seeing them in casual clothes, more than anything.

• Locked thread