Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Yooper posted:

Not unless we fly to Ireland. The world of internet gambling is a weird place.

We could bomb the entirety of Dublin's northside and the whole of Limerick without opposition. The best our Air Corps has is a few turboprop trainers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Yooper posted:

Edit : But we may have a way to pay his debts in a very unique way... more to come!

Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNZKUozrBl4&t=96s

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Quinntan posted:

We could bomb the entirety of Dublin's northside and the whole of Limerick without opposition. The best our Air Corps has is a few turboprop trainers.

Found our next mission.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Loel posted:

Found our next mission.

I would kill for our ground forces to have a mission to raid an Irish Mob gambling den.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

chitoryu12 posted:

I would kill for our ground forces to have a mission to raid an Irish Mob gambling den.

I never knew I could want something this much until now.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
I would be totally okay with a 27mm gun run into some ex-IRA gangland crims.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Quinntan posted:

gently caress your turboprops, we've a horse outside!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Yooper posted:

[b]Every choice has flaws, every choice has benefits.

As any good GM knows, the devil is in the details, and deals with devils make for fun times.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Voting is closed.

Grey Hunter posted:

As any good GM knows, the devil is in the details, and deals with devils make for fun times.

Trust this man, he knows.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Know what Id really like? Artillery to take out those radars. Some D-20s, some BM-21s, some SCUD-Bs. Im flexible :D

Edit: Ooh, or some PLZ-45s...

Loel fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 20, 2017

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

A tactical nuclear strike to ensure a clear path to those lithium mines.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Zaodai posted:

If we can steal some warheads, I support the plan 100%

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Yooper posted:

Edit : But we may have a way to pay his debts in a very unique way... more to come!

Can't wait to have to figure out a way to use our Gripens to harvest a conex's worth of human civilian kidneys

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Zaodai posted:

Loel posted:

If we can steal some warheads, I support the plan 100%

We are supposed to be the good guys here, not the Free State!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Davin Valkri posted:

We are supposed to be the good guys here, not the Free State!

I believe history has proven that the people to nuke first are always the good guys in the war. It has held up 100% of the time! :patriot:

aphid_licker posted:

Can't wait to have to figure out a way to use our Gripens to harvest a conex's worth of human civilian kidneys

We spent a lot of money on those precision bombs, don't tell me now they're not precise enough to extract human organs for export!

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Loel posted:

Know what Id really like? Artillery to take out those radars. Some D-20s, some BM-21s, some SCUD-Bs. Im flexible :D

Edit: Ooh, or some PLZ-45s...

I'm still hoping that Willie can find me the search radar from a Patriot. Probably by now the Turks or Sauds have managed to lose one of those. Or maybe an S300, I'm not that picky.

I will build the best and most weirdly composed unnecessary air defense network that mercenaries have ever seen!

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

We've got two Rafale C's that are going to embark on missions at the same time we do. If she dies in a fiery ball then we'll hire Zack.

Mission details to come later this evening. I will have a planning scenario, but I'm still working on it.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

power crystals posted:

I'm still hoping that Willie can find me the search radar from a Patriot. Probably by now the Turks or Sauds have managed to lose one of those. Or maybe an S300, I'm not that picky.

I will build the best and most weirdly composed unnecessary air defense network that mercenaries have ever seen!

If this system doesn't have satellites parked overhead to drop rods on things, it will not be sufficient for my defensive needs. :colbert:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

I support plan Rampart Paranoia

Edit: looks like an S300 costs 115m, while an s400 costs 400m

Loel fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 20, 2017

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Coffeehitler posted:

If this system doesn't have satellites parked overhead to drop rods on things, it will not be sufficient for my defensive needs. :colbert:

While I approve of the way you think, that weapon is not a particularly effective air defense weapon :v:. Well unless you want to drop nuke-equivalent masses. Then it just has other problems.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

power crystals posted:

While I approve of the way you think, that weapon is not a particularly effective air defense weapon :v:. Well unless you want to drop nuke-equivalent masses. Then it just has other problems.

I want orbital platforms that carry AIR-2s

Mental note: get ASAT capabilities

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
You are all really gonna regret not hiring Bogan, that guy is a one man army.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

power crystals posted:

Think of it as proactive air defence, where you destroy enemy airfields so they can't launch planes at you.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Loel posted:

I want orbital platforms that carry AIR-2s

I can do you one better.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Now we're going places :D

Let me also put in requests for Exocets and ASM-135s.

Maybe some Mark 45 torpedoes. You know. Just in case.

Terror storm
Oct 23, 2010

Your head is worth nothing,
and that's a good thing.
This is a great thread.

I'd like to sign up as a pilot, call sign Swan. Ground attack preferably, pilot or co-pilot I don't mind. Hell strap me to a wing strut with a bag of bricks to throw a people as long as I get air time.

Dimitris
Apr 11, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

JcDent posted:

BY THE WAY! Does the game simulate artillery?

Yes.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Ahem.

So, say we win. This hippie we're supporting doesnt have guns. So ... lets talk about having him sign off the mineral rights. KKR is one of the largest lithium companies, I bet if we ... encouraged ... our boss to sign the rights to them, we could pocket a few billion. :D

Edit: fun trivia fact! KKR own(ed) Nabisco, who owns Oreo. Maybe we can be the official team of the oreo cookie :v:

Loel fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 20, 2017

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
I'm glad we went with Rohan in the end I would hate to think of the state she would end up in after having India turn it's back on her we then did the same. Also what's with the sudden hard on for drones from everyone? We did okay with our AWAC plane and intel from our employer against China and now we are up against some third rate dictator and you all want the flashiest toys.

On another note Yooper any chance I could be swapped to a fighter plane and fly wing man for Rohan I really want her to live.?

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Mainly I voted for Rohan because there's a real woman online who might get another :5bux: out of the deal.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

koolkevz666 posted:

I'm glad we went with Rohan in the end I would hate to think of the state she would end up in after having India turn it's back on her we then did the same. Also what's with the sudden hard on for drones from everyone? We did okay with our AWAC plane and intel from our employer against China and now we are up against some third rate dictator and you all want the flashiest toys.

Filling gaps in the inventory.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

koolkevz666 posted:

On another note Yooper any chance I could be swapped to a fighter plane and fly wing man for Rohan I really want her to live.?

If you can't look fly when suppressing the (opposing) natives, why even do it? It's like that but with airplanes.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

koolkevz666 posted:

Intelligence is crucial to modern air combat operations. The intelligence we received from the Indians for our three missions there basically was two things. 1) there's a couple of ships with guns coming and 2) we think ye're about to get nuked. When we are performing close air support actions for the Count's forces once they are in contact with enemies, we need to be able to identify precisely where the enemy is, and having live video feeds from drones helps in that. When performing interdiction actions against enemies not yet at the front, drone imagery is an important tool not only to figure out where the enemy is, but also where they are going. We could have had relayed that data to the Count, enabling him to better target weak points in the enemy's lines and breach them. Instead, we've a pair of AWOL pilots, one of which has probably been hitting the rum and cokes pretty hard since her entire squadron got wiped out in one engagement only for the mercenaries to steal the glory, who we only have the most indirect of control of, and we paid six million for the privilege. This is going to bite us in the rear end, I fear.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Loel posted:

Ahem.

So, say we win. This hippie we're supporting doesnt have guns. So ... lets talk about having him sign off the mineral rights. KKR is one of the largest lithium companies, I bet if we ... encouraged ... our boss to sign the rights to them, we could pocket a few billion. :D

Edit: fun trivia fact! KKR own(ed) Nabisco, who owns Oreo. Maybe we can be the official team of the oreo cookie :v:

The count's not just some hippy, he's been in at the sharp end. He has guns, and very dedicated soldiers, even if they don't have the heavy equipment to back it up. If we wanted to lean on somebody for Lithium rights, we shoulda backed the Free State, they're nothing without the mercs. Maybe we could take some shares as payment. Unless we moved in an occupied the country ourselves, there's no way we could hold onto it.

koolkevz666 posted:

Yeah, hopefully fighting for a righteous cause will give her some measure of peace. I think people got worried she's going to cross the line and that would then reflect on us. Also the siren song of drones is somewhat tempting, especially after the somewhat wanting intel we got in Tibet. We got our drones, though, didn't we? So I think we can handle that ourselves. On the bright side, we can hire Zack for the next op instead. Assuming the Irish Mafia don't take his thumbs, first.

While I accept that she's going to be doing her own thing when it comes to mission selection, can we hopefully get some measure of coordination between us? Making sure we don't trip over each other seems like the bare minimum we should try to accomplish.

We could also loan her support from any of our birds that we're not using for our own operations/holding in reserve - although obviously making sure that they stick to our own rules of engagement. Hopefully that'll help foster greater cooperation. Actually we should also check in with the Count's own airforce, too. They're pretty beat up, to be sure, but working relationships are good to have.

Actually, maybe we should codify our rules of engagement sooner rather than later...

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 20, 2017

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Loel posted:

Filling gaps in the inventory.

Also the targets in Angola are very likely to be infantry heavy or mixed in with civilians which means platforms with optics are required.

Psawhn
Jan 15, 2011
So, what are the costs of all the new weapons we have access to? I mostly want to know about Hellfires, SDBs, HARMs, and the Taurus KEPD.

Although I am curious about pretty much everything else. GBU-10s, GBU-24s, Vikhrs, AMRAAM-Bs, etc.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Yvonmukluk posted:

The count's not just some hippy, he's been in at the sharp end. He has guns, and very dedicated soldiers, even if they don't have the heavy equipment to back it up. If we wanted to lean on somebody for Lithium rights, we shoulda backed the Free State, they're nothing without the mercs. Maybe we could take some shares as payment. Unless we moved in an occupied the country ourselves, there's no way we could hold onto it.

Oh sure. My ideal is getting paid to secure the nation, then getting a commission to sell the mineral rights, all legal like. Dont need to stick around and play nationstates, just provide the facade of legitimacy to one of the megacorps.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

power crystals posted:

Okay since I can now look up the database ingame which makes this much easier I'd like to go on record as wanting to (eventually!) buy one of:
  • AN/TPS-72 - 240nm search radar on a truck. The Saudis had these. I believe these would normally be attached to a Patriot battery.
  • AN/TPS-77 - 300nm search radar on a truck. The Turks had these. Similar to the above.
  • 5N64K -or- 5N64S - 325nm search radar on a truck. These are components of an S-300 system. I think the S can track ballistic missiles and the K can't but I'm honestly not entirely sure what the difference is.

Or one of what I'm sure are any number of similarly spec'ed models.

I'd expect one of these to be on the market somewhere by now, and they shouldn't be terribly expensive without the accompanying TELs and fire control systems, especially as you don't technically need the search radar to operate one of those systems, it just makes it easier. For reference, the S100B's search radar has a range of 350nm. In practice its radar is far more useful as while in the air you don't have as much issue with line of sight obstructions, but we can't keep that thing airborne 24/7. This would make sneaking up on us nearly impossible without having to first blow up said radar which would probably let us know to get our poo poo together immediately before whatever is in wave two shows up.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

What about trying to capture one or two of those radar sites on the border? It really depends on what the situation on the ground looks like, but if we could take the Dictator's radar sites intact instead of blowing them up it would be a huge advantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Crazycryodude posted:

What about trying to capture one or two of those radar sites on the border? It really depends on what the situation on the ground looks like, but if we could take the Dictator's radar sites intact instead of blowing them up it would be a huge advantage.

Can we steal their radar building and put it in our base