Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Has he revealed if that's who Rosembaum is playing yet?

Well Rosenbaum is in Guardians 2 and Warlock isn't so not likely. Rosenbaum appears to be a member of Stallone's Reaver group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Well Rosenbaum is in Guardians 2 and Warlock isn't so not likely. Rosenbaum appears to be a member of Stallone's Reaver group.

But he did say that he's going to be in GotG3 and possibly beyond. So maybe Warlock undercover?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Zack Snyder and Adam Warlock duke it out on this page for the coveted honor of thing I care least about!

e: the last page, gently caress

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Has he revealed if that's who Rosembaum is playing yet?

Rob Lowe is playing Adam Warlock, if I have anything to say about it.

Which I don't. :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rob Lowe is going to be busy as Shazam.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Does anyone care about Adam Warlock? I feel like he's marvels version of Cyborg in terms of importance vs people actually caring about him.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

parallelodad posted:

Does anyone care about Adam Warlock? I feel like he's marvels version of Cyborg in terms of importance vs people actually caring about him.

Starlin does

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I think Adam Warlock is pretty cool but I feel like he's been misused over the years.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

parallelodad posted:

I do, but I'm ancient and read him in the late70s/80s.
How close they'll get to that though...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

But he did say that he's going to be in GotG3 and possibly beyond. So maybe Warlock undercover?

He's said nothing of Rosenbaum being in future films that I know of. Warlock is the one who's going to be in future films. Stallone's role in the film has been confirmed to be Stakar (Starhawk) who is the leader of all the Reavers and Rosenbaum reportedly is one of his Reavers, probably using the name of another older Guardian like Yondu and Stakar because Gunn has said the characters are closely tied together.

parallelodad posted:

Me. And anyone that probably loves the Cosmic Marvel stuff done by Starlin. Also most importantly James Gunn.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

parallelodad posted:

Don't make me agree with you! I'm still trying to figure out who you're a re-reg of so I can adjust snark accordingly.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Adam Warlock owns. It'd be cool if they made him the post-Thanos main bad guy. Well, half of him anyway.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Adam Warlock haters should vacate immediately. Trying to throw shade on golden space Jesus on 420. He dethroned Doctor Strange as most popular Marvel hero with stoners.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
He's probably super popular among people who are always really tanned.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
my main beef with golden space guy is when I hear Warlock and Magus in a Marvel context I think of the guys from New Mutants

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

BrianWilly posted:

Don't make me agree with you! I'm still trying to figure out who you're a re-reg of so I can adjust snark accordingly.

Someone who loves you

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

Nobody that you'd remember.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

twistedmentat posted:

He's probably super popular among people who are always really tanned.

Yeah like me

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The next MCU character should be Dr. Druid.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The next MCU character should be Dr. Druid.

I think you mean 8-Ball.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Those are all weird ways of spelling D-man.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Feige and Gunn just revealed who Stallone's Reavers in the film are.

Stakar Ogord (Starhawk): Stallone
Aleta Ogord (Also Starhawk): Michelle Yeoh
Charlie 27: Ving Rhames
Krugarr (the Sorcerer Supreme in the old Guardians books)
Mainframe (in the old Guardians books he's the future version of Vision)

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Dr. Bong for Deadpool 2 cameo.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Maggott

C'mon Fox, give us the origin story people actually want!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

SlimGoodbody posted:

For some reason I always pictured him as a stoic Christopher Nolan type, the fact that he's a fratty doofus makes literally every execrable thing about him even worse

He seems quite lovely to me.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8guxsR0k_AU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

X-O posted:

Feige and Gunn just revealed who Stallone's Reavers in the film are.

Stakar Ogord (Starhawk): Stallone
Aleta Ogord (Also Starhawk): Michelle Yeoh
Charlie 27: Ving Rhames
Krugarr (the Sorcerer Supreme in the old Guardians books)
Mainframe (in the old Guardians books he's the future version of Vision)

Those are three sick additions to any movie. The cast in this movie is fantastic.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/kwanzer/status/855468190649995264

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

X-O posted:

Me. And anyone that probably loves the Cosmic Marvel stuff done by Starlin. Also most importantly James Gunn.

The original Starlin Cosmic Marvel was so drat cool until Englehart went all Celestial Madonna on it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

IUG posted:

Maggott

C'mon Fox, give us the origin story people actually want!

Gout?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Didn't see it mentioned yet but they've said that Nathan Fillion's bit in Guardians was cut. He was cast as Simon Williams and was only going to show up on posters but the scene where you saw the posters was cut.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Didn't see it mentioned yet but they've said that Nathan Fillion's bit in Guardians was cut. He was cast as Simon Williams and was only going to show up on posters but the scene where you saw the posters was cut.

I wonder if that's coincidence or they wanted to avoid locking Wonder Man in in any way.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was really curious how a scene like that was going to fit in the movie if none of it happens on earth.

Aparently Miley Cyrus is in Guardians 2 as what I think is the Ultimate Version of Vision?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 22, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Flashbacks?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder if that's coincidence or they wanted to avoid locking Wonder Man in in any way.

It's coincidence.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Nathan Fillion would/will make a great Wonder Man. I hope he gets the chance.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

I was really curious how a scene like that was going to fit in the movie if none of it happens on earth.

Ego reconfigures himself to be a pseudo-Earth to accommodate Quill?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Phylodox posted:

Ego reconfigures himself to be a pseudo-Earth to accommodate Quill?

Does Quill even know how to get back to Earth? Is that ever mentioned? Is the setting of GotG in the Milky Way?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Chickenwalker posted:

Does Quill even know how to get back to Earth? Is that ever mentioned? Is the setting of GotG in the Milky Way?

Well, they are the Guardians of the Galaxy, not the universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/BoxOffice/statu...811365470121984

8 Marvel movies in 2018, 3 from Fox and Marvel Studios (Black Panther/Infinity War/Ant Man) and 2 from Sony (Venom/Animated Spiderman).

lomzus fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 22, 2017

• Locked thread