Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Majorian posted:

p. sure he was being sarcastic, op.

True, true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I meant how muslims were here all along, this is not the makings of the progressive left illuminati who decided we need more brown in our collective gene-pool to create the perfect multi-cultural society.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Bholder posted:

I meant how muslims were here all along, this is not the makings of the progressive left illuminati who decided we need more brown in our collective gene-pool to create the perfect multi-cultural society.

People migrate for economic and political reasons, nobody was activelyscheming to alter the average hue of the population. That's a narrative that the right and left imposed later.

If this is the Trump thread then suffice to say that anti-immigrant sentiment is on the rise at the moment, and Trump and others are capitalizing on that.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

COMRADES posted:

People were hurling diseased/dead bodies over walls with siege equipment ever since like before the Roman Republic there guy.

They didn't know how germs worked exactly but they knew diseases spread.

They didn't because smallpox doesn't really even spread via blanket.

Furthermore, I think when people say "the whites gave smallpox blankets to spread smallpox" it sounds like some massive conspiracy / planned attack when all it really was 2 dudes corresponding about the idea as far as I can tell.

Also I had to lol out loud today when the Mongols were being excused of genocide, when I remembered their philosophy was "Either youre Mongol, you serve us, or you are vermin to be eradicated"

The wanted to wipe out all non-Mongols so their horses had more grazing lands. It was like genocide writ large

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Wow, this is interesting. Apparently one of the biggest proponents of the smallpox narrative is (ex-Professor) Ward Churchhill, whose work on the issue was found to be completely fabricated. The 1 incident covered about the one captain giving the blankets is considered legitimate, but "There is evidence that the Captain at Fort Pitt (outside Pittsburgh, PA -- then the western frontier) did give two infected blankets and one infected handkerchief to Indians in June of 1763. This action happened before Amherst mentioned the idea in his correspondence." So it happened, but before anyone had corresponded about it.

http://cherokeeregistry.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=407&Itemid=617

Ward Churchhill is also infamous for calling the victims of 9/11 Nazis that deserved it. I remember that happening. He's pretty out there

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey-meyer/2014/09/09/fox-radical-lefty-professor-ward-churchill-doubles-down-comparing-911

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Mongols are bad.

Smallpox is bad.

Trump is bad.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
People ITT arguing over the definition of genocide to defend Trump's policy.

That's Sean Spicer level of dumb, lol

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
God drat this thread is poo poo LOL

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Heh, well now we all know "The government gave smallpox blankets to the Indians" was a lie made up by a crazy leftist professor who thought 9/11 was a good thing

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

i wish someone would give you a smallpox blanket

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

lmao

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Heh, well now we all know "The government gave smallpox blankets to the Indians" was a lie made up by a crazy leftist professor who thought 9/11 was a good thing

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Just because you couldn't get into college that doesn't mean every academic study is part of some nationwide conspiracy

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
don't die on me poo poo posting thread.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
just because you got into college doesn't mean every academic study is true or representative of reality

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

after all that poo poo is done composting itt, flowers will grow here. meadows and flowers as far as the eye can see.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Thank you for the book recommendations! I actually already have copies of both SPQR and Empire of the Summer Moon, but I haven't read either yet. (Both were unprompted gifts from my father, but now strangers have recommended them! Haha.) I'm pretty well-versed in Roman history, but it's been long enough that I'm due for a refresher. I'm much less familiar with the Comanche (the American West isn't terribly interesting to me) but I will give it a whirl, and fully expect to kick myself for dawdling in the first place.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Nut to Butt posted:

Thank you for the book recommendations! I actually already have copies of both SPQR and Empire of the Summer Moon, but I haven't read either yet. (Both were unprompted gifts from my father, but now strangers have recommended them! Haha.) I'm pretty well-versed in Roman history, but it's been long enough that I'm due for a refresher. I'm much less familiar with the Comanche (the American West isn't terribly interesting to me) but I will give it a whirl, and fully expect to kick myself for dawdling in the first place.

Empire of the Summer Moon is good stuff.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Thread is loving golden when it's silent.

The piss tape is real

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dizz posted:

Thread is loving golden when it's silent.

The piss tape is real

tape? dude, the internet exists. it's a piss stream

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
is trump fine yet?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
yes

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Jose Mengelez posted:

is trump fine yet?

depends on how much you like the booty.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Get this:

I think Trump is a bad president.

Also, he is a bad person.

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Inzombiac posted:

Get this:

I think Trump is a bad president.

Also, he is a bad person.

Ń̛̬̬̜̠͎̠̰̩͔͓̬̕͜͠i͏̳̺̙͈̣c͘͏̘͙̪̻̯̲͕̟͠ę̧̡̻͕͔̟̰̖̼̼̼̼͞ ̵̜̲͚̪̩̪̩͙̣͍̩͍̺̗ͅm̨̫̪̯̺̫͈̳̙͓̪͉̖̲͚̞͎̜͝ͅę̶̣̦̬̘̗̜͔̖̗̫̝̲l̛͘͞͠͏̖̖͈̜̯͙̯͚͎̱̙t͏̵̨̯̯̠̪͈̩̩̟̩͍͕͔͎̗͔͉͇d̵̝̣̠͈̙͕̗̙̺̰̲͎͙̙̬̹͕̟͟o̢̲̺̪͇̝̭̝̫͔͞͝͝ͅw̴̮̯̖̺͙̟̪̟̜͙̦̙͡n̷͓̖̰̦̹̮͕̝̻̘͟͢

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

tape? dude, the internet exists. it's a piss stream

It's metaphorical. The "Piss Tape" is meant to be the big scandal that impeaches Trump, Makes his supporters look stupid and dumb to their own eyes, and supplies everyone else with neverending lols.

There's also a video of a hooker pissing on him but nobody cares about that.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
I'm not even classified as white and even I think the backlash against the double standards of the media in their racism is fully justified.

America's problems would still exist even if it wasn't multicultural. Media is used to drive wedges in the population so the infighting prevents legitimate opposition to the elite.

Everyone is so fixed on social issues while your economic freedom, arguably the only thing that is able to actually free you in a capitalist system, is slowly eroded. Rich people can do whatever the gently caress they want, economic freedom gets you social freedom.

Racism, religion and issues regarding sexuality are inherently present in the entirety of human history and will never truly be eliminated. Thats why its a loving perfect tool used to divide you. People are waking up to this bullshit around the world but the unfortunate go-to solution up until now for unity has been fascism. Interesting times are ahead as current events will determine if you can achieve national unity without it for the first time.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I love my President.

I'd like to think Trump took this picture himself.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Has anyone made a good post yet?

e: wrong thread

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Decrepus posted:

Has anyone made a good post yet?

e: wrong thread

This counts

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

SBJ posted:

I'm not even classified as white and even I think the backlash against the double standards of the media in their racism is fully justified.

America's problems would still exist even if it wasn't multicultural. Media is used to drive wedges in the population so the infighting prevents legitimate opposition to the elite.

Everyone is so fixed on social issues while your economic freedom, arguably the only thing that is able to actually free you in a capitalist system, is slowly eroded. Rich people can do whatever the gently caress they want, economic freedom gets you social freedom.

Racism, religion and issues regarding sexuality are inherently present in the entirety of human history and will never truly be eliminated. Thats why its a loving perfect tool used to divide you. People are waking up to this bullshit around the world but the unfortunate go-to solution up until now for unity has been fascism. Interesting times are ahead as current events will determine if you can achieve national unity without it for the first time.

Nice meltdown

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Dizz posted:

It's metaphorical. The "Piss Tape" is meant to be the big scandal that impeaches Trump, Makes his supporters look MORE stupid and dumb to their own eyes, and supplies everyone else with EVEN GREATER neverending lols.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Dizz posted:

It's metaphorical. The "Piss Tape" is meant to be the big scandal that impeaches Trump, Makes his supporters look stupid and dumb to their own eyes, and supplies everyone else with neverending lols.

just like every run-off election so far under the trump presidency, they are all potential game changers against trump if republicans lose, real true repudiations against his agenda. but when they lose hilariously it's meaningless lmao

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Maybe the real pisstape was the friends we've made.

Except Prorat and SPH

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dizz posted:

Maybe the real pisstape was the friends we've made.

Except Prorat and SPH

Fog Tripper is and will forever be King Unhappy rear end in a top hat (pbuh)

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Bholder posted:

Nice meltdown

So if we give the minorities money, places will hire them and stop shooting them?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

So if we give the minorities money, places will hire them and stop shooting them?

Whom do you think is shooting minorities

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Whom do you think is shooting minorities

probably some type of super predator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Grant DaNasty posted:

I love my President.

I still say it should have been Trump/Nugent 2016

• Locked thread