Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

CourValant posted:

Yeah, just wondering if I can get his email and message him instead of posting here.

If not, I'll spoiler tag it here I suppose.

spoiler tags won't do anything, spell it out then delete once ptn has it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

sebmojo posted:

spoiler tags won't do anything, spell it out then delete once ptn has it

Thanks.

Hey PTN, please let me know when you're monitoring, and I'll update my original pilot request post to include my email, thanks.

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum
Signed up again.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

CourValant posted:

Thanks.

Hey PTN, please let me know when you're monitoring, and I'll update my original pilot request post to include my email, thanks.

Just post it, I'll let you know when it's safe to remove it.

Edit: Any time after 1:00 MST tomorrow would work well. I'll be home shortly after that.

Edit: I'm calling the vote tonight. You guys almost successfully voted for the total collapse of the Lyran Commonwealth.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 21, 2017

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Hahah I guess the 4s have it then!

Corponation
Apr 21, 2007

Fantastic.
While not ideal for me as a Lyran lover, that would have been hilarious anyway.

I re-upped, I want to re-create that majesty of the air raid again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

You guys almost successfully voted for the total collapse of the Lyran Commonwealth.

guuuuuunes

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I can't believe we missed out on that

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Xarbala posted:

I can't believe we missed out on that

same.

I demand a recount :laugh:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

There's always next vote, lads.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: I'm calling the vote tonight. You guys almost successfully voted for the total collapse of the Lyran Commonwealth.
Wait, what? That's amazing.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Guys, it's okay. It's still very possible that we successfully voted for the partial collapse of the Lyran Commonwealth.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I'm sure that what we voted for will be amazing, regardless of the status of the Lyrans and their partial-to-nearly-total collapse.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

So what you're saying is that we voted for the collapse of the Inner Sphere.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
I fully support the collapse of galactic civilization if it will lead to more Mad Max style scenarios.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Coffeehitler posted:

So what you're saying is that we voted for the collapse of the Inner Sphere.

Heck yes, best vote did win

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Eh, I'm still numb to threats like this after 3145

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Defiance Industries posted:

Eh, I'm still numb to threats like this after 3145

The Lyran Commonwealth did not totally collapse...

...but it was close.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

I knew 6 had to be the (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ choice, and now I feel validated.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

My guess is the instead of the thread's idea of "Inner Sphere rally against the new Clan invaders!" 6 leads to "Everyone piles on the Lyran Commanwealth because they're gonna be hosed by the new Clan invaders anyway"

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Scintilla posted:

I fully support the collapse of galactic civilization if it will lead to more Mad Max style scenarios.

Mad Mariks

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Zikan posted:

My guess is the instead of the thread's idea of "Inner Sphere rally against the new Clan invaders!" 6 leads to "Everyone piles on the Lyran Commanwealth because they're gonna be hosed by the new Clan invaders anyway"

And/or it could be all the negative consequences of 'tell the nobles', only the common citizenry panic as well.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

Just post it, I'll let you know when it's safe to remove it.

Edit: Any time after 1:00 MST tomorrow would work well. I'll be home shortly after that.
Thanks PTN, please see my email as follows:

redacted

PoptartsNinja posted:

I'll wait until I see the update, although if this goes the way the thread thinks its going to go, then I'll be a bit confused as to why building a coalition to resist the next wave of the Clan invasion would result in the collapse of the Commonwealth.

CourValant fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 21, 2017

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

TildeATH posted:

Mad Mariks

"Die famous on the Glory Ro--" "NO YOU SHUT UP!"

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Looks like I count votes as:
Option 1: 5
Option 4: 56
Option 5: 4
Option 6: 39

So I guess option 6 was the collapse of the Lyran Commonwealth haha.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Gwaihir posted:

Looks like I count votes as:
Option 1: 5
Option 4: 56
Option 5: 4
Option 6: 39

So I guess option 6 was the collapse of the Lyran Commonwealth haha.

Yep, throwing the nation to the sharks.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I would point out that even if option 6 meant "total collapse of the Lyran Commonwealth", that we don't know option 4 is going to work out any better yet. Or even that the collapse would have worked out that poorly in the long run. If they're a bunch of corrupt, half-retarded chimps that keep the Commonwealth from being able to defend itself, maybe they need to be cleared out.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
So is that letting Hanse Davion save "the day" or "save" the day

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

CourValant posted:

Thanks PTN, please see my email as follows:

I got it.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

"Die famous on the Glory Ro--" "NO YOU SHUT UP!"

The cancerous tumors are a metaphor for the partisan squabbling Marik politicians.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
:ocelot:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm guessing 6 was a declaration to the entire inner sphere that the Lyrans were about to be crushed by the clans, so you might as well carve out as much Lyran territory as you can grab while the getting's good.

...I don't see how 4 doesn't lead directly to that anyway, because again I don't see how the Lyrans warn all their own planets without that information getting out to everyone else instantly, but maybe there's some kind of difference in how reliable the other factions treat that information, or... something.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
I reupped my status as a pilot (at least I hope I did)

And I cannot wait to see how this vote turns out!

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Leperflesh posted:

I'm guessing 6 was a declaration to the entire inner sphere that the Lyrans were about to be crushed by the clans, so you might as well carve out as much Lyran territory as you can grab while the getting's good.

Yeah what a great guess after PTN told you I wonder how no one figured this out during the vote oh wait

TildeATH posted:

You naive children, letting the rest of the Inner Sphere know isn't going to unite the Inner Sphere against the clans, it's going to cause the complete destruction of the Lyran Commonwealth as the opportunistic villains that always made up the Inner Sphere spend that time figuring out the best way to get their chunk while the clans eat the Lyrans.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That's fine though. I don't care about the Lyrans.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Leperflesh posted:

That's fine though. I don't care about the Lyrans.

I legitimately don't remember anything about them except 'they're kinda german-ish'

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Night10194 posted:

I legitimately don't remember anything about them except 'they're kinda german-ish'

The Crescent Hawks!!!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Night10194 posted:

You don't wanna open this door.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Defiance Industries posted:

You don't wanna open this door.

It's okay I already told them the one good thing about the Lyran Commonwealth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Leperflesh posted:

...I don't see how 4 doesn't lead directly to that anyway, because again I don't see how the Lyrans warn all their own planets without that information getting out to everyone else instantly, but maybe there's some kind of difference in how reliable the other factions treat that information, or... something.

Weel, if option 4 pans out they're pushing to re-ally with a signifcant part of their former territory, who is in turn allied with 3 cooperative clans. This group is also owed a major favor by /is friendly with the FWL. So they're not really all that exposed territory wise to the other IS factions.

• Locked thread