Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
in an alternate reality rob ford is leading a populist wave in canada and is prime minister

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
gettin some strong sense of deja vu right now

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

in an alternate reality rob ford is leading a populist wave in canada and is prime minister

instead we have the lovely shark tank guy

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Yinlock posted:

wow i knew he was born in april but i never knew that hitler was born on 4/20

weed is really a double edged sword

4/20 is also the day of the Columbine shooting (1997), the Ludlow massacre of striking miners (1914), and the Deepwater Horizon oil disaster (2010)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

yinlockist

the final future of all of us and everything we've ever cared about is to decay into iron-56

nihilism is the only possible conclusion. that's actually not a bad thing. it's fantastic. we have complete and utter control over the meaningfulness of our brief lives before our carbon is sublimated into another human being (or living organism, or earth material).

that's fine, what i hate is people using that as an excuse to do nothing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
america rules heres a picture i took in america!!!!!!!!!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

that's fine, what i hate is people using that as an excuse to do nothing

oh I absolutely agree

I don't like the "xd do nothing" mantra at all

because nothing matters, you have complete and utter freedom to actually act and make something matter in your brief reality

carpe diem

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

in short, try albert camus

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

SKULL.GIF posted:

because nothing matters, you have complete and utter freedom to actually act and make something matter in your brief reality

carpe diem

https://twitter.com/nycguidovoice/status/827224235571605505

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
how can you say nothing matters when you, yourself, are made of matter

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

instead we have the lovely shark tank guy

lol

he isn't doing poo poo imo

i think the real estate thing is gonna pop then everyone will be hella angry

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
i would love it if the "nothing matters" meme was some cool nuanced thing about taking charge of your own life and all that but it's just a dumb way to squelch conversation and feel better than people who are invested in things.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

also, i just had a really disgusting fart

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the crack smoking prime minister of canada

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i would love it if the "nothing matters" meme was some cool nuanced thing about taking charge of your own life and all that but it's just a dumb way to squelch conversation and feel better than people who are invested in things.

working as intended :q:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

oh I absolutely agree

I don't like the "xd do nothing" mantra at all

carpe diem

oh so we were on the same page all along

there's a lesson here

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

i guess it was the beer i had earlier. jesus, it's just wrong.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

lol

he isn't doing poo poo imo

i think the real estate thing is gonna pop then everyone will be hella angry

just imagine a debate with justin trying to be all dignified and meanwhile the crowd is roaring for a fat man holding six bongs

that's the future kevin o'leary deprived us of

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Al! posted:

working as intended :q:

idgi

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

http://www.omaha.com/news/politics/...8bc68ea31e.html

They sent Bernie Sanders and Keith Ellison to a campaign rally for the good guy mayoral candidate here and it drew a reported 6k people.

The incumbent booked the place where my brother got married (it's out in the CHUDlands) and is having Scott Walker show up. There is no way in the universe that place could even hold like 1000 people lmao

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

SKULL.GIF posted:

in short, try albert camus

absurdism is the best, if only for the endless comedy of watching other people who think things matter make fools of themselves stumbling in the dark confines of their hallucinatory projection

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

dark

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

i go to my local best buy and hang around until somebody demos the oculus and when they are in the middle of it, ducking to avoid the dinosaur, i lean in and whisper "absurdism is the best, if only for the endless comedy of watching other people who think things matter make fools of themselves stumbling in the dark confines of their hallucinatory projection."

gets em every time

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i go to my local best buy and hang around until somebody demos the oculus and when they are in the middle of it, ducking to avoid the dinosaur, i lean in and whisper "absurdism is the best, if only for the endless comedy of watching other people who think things matter make fools of themselves stumbling in the dark confines of their hallucinatory projection."

gets em every time

gotta have a hobby

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

just imagine a debate with justin trying to be all dignified and meanwhile the crowd is roaring for a fat man holding six bongs

that's the future kevin o'leary deprived us of

I would be roaring in that crowd

id volenteer for rob ford's campaign
id take time off to work for him

all the good politicans in canada are dead :(

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fidel Castronaut posted:

gets em every time

Just pull their drat pants down like everyone else weirdo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
harper was p bad too

there is zero leadership in canada atm; we just got the idiot son of a good leader (fidel or perrere) because we can't find anyone to run the country

all the smart people in canada left the country long long ago for the states

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Office Pig posted:

how can you say nothing matters when you, yourself, are made of matter

whoa dude. whoa.

need to sit down to process this one.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Baloogan posted:

imagine living just outside of a massive shining city on a hill

'scool

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i go to my local best buy and hang around until somebody demos the oculus and when they are in the middle of it, ducking to avoid the dinosaur, i lean in and whisper "donald trump is president"

gets em every time

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
even our crazies like cosplaying-surrey-girl and that nutbag with the weird hair are doing their politics in the states :/

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

harper was p bad too

there is zero leadership in canada atm; we just got the idiot son of a good leader (fidel or perrere) because we can't find anyone to run the country

all the smart people in canada left the country long long ago for the states

harper made sure of that anyway

i don't think he expected to be dethroned so decisively though

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Baloogan posted:

we just got the idiot son of a good leader (fidel or perrere)

hes not my kid

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

hes not my kid

prove it

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Baloogan posted:

even our crazies like cosplaying-surrey-girl and that nutbag with the weird hair are doing their politics in the states :/

you elected a squirrel girl cosplayer? that owns

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Yinlock posted:

prove it

i don't even have a passport!

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

you have to show a passport before you can have sex with people from other countries, right?

*hits passport dash button, then big dick condom button*

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

fidel-o-fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

can't believe i'm about to move after having spent three years being able to see canada out of my office window and i still ain't never been to canada. tho, to be fair to myself, windsor is the closest place and who the hell would want to go to windsor?

• Locked thread